The Betfred Cup 2018

...a bit disco

letsalldothebeattie
6 hours ago, JCR said:

Bet we get some horror draw like ICT, Elgin & Cove. Hope we’re considered south next year.

I don’t. I hope we’re not in this next year and instead preparing for Europe

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• letsalldothebeattie

• been here before

• Mikey1874

portobellojambo1
21 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

This "regional" idea is a joke.

It's clear it doesn't work due to the fact that there are not enough teams in each area.

If they insist on continuing with this then the least they can do is use a bit of common sense (I know) and not schedule midweek games for teams at the opposite ends of the country

Absolutely. Although the differences geographically aren't huge there are two Edinburgh based clubs whose grounds are further North than Tynecastle (Spartans and Edinburgh City) who are in the South area whereas we are placed in the North area because there aren't enough top seeded clubs in that area. As for actually determining when the games are played surely it makes more sense to allocate the midweek game dates to teams who are closest geographically and leave the weekends for longer trips. I'm sure that both Elgin and Peterhead would have benefited financially (both the actual clubs and the local economy) if we had been going up there on a Saturday rather than during the week. But as you say the sort of things that fans would consider as just common sense decisions bypass the braindead officials who decide on everything.

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Absolutely. Although the differences geographically aren't huge there are two Edinburgh based clubs whose grounds are further North than Tynecastle (Spartans and Edinburgh City) who are in the South area whereas we are placed in the North area because there aren't enough top seeded clubs in that area. As for actually determining when the games are played surely it makes more sense to allocate the midweek game dates to teams who are closest geographically and leave the weekends for longer trips. I'm sure that both Elgin and Peterhead would have benefited financially (both the actual clubs and the local economy) if we had been going up there on a Saturday rather than during the week. But as you say the sort of things that fans would consider as just common sense decisions bypass the braindead officials who decide on everything.

I certainly would’ve been going up to both had they been weekends and I know a lot of my mates would’ve done the same thing. Just typical powers that be they introduce the groups to make different games help smaller clubs financially with bigger games but end up sending the bigger clubs stupid distances midweek restricting proper numbers travelling 

John Findlay
11 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It's just ground. Spartans and Edinburgh City groundshare Ainslie Park.

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I don’t. I hope we’re not in this next year and instead preparing for Europe

Yip and folk will still argue being in Europe is a waste of time. 

Avoiding this piss take is reward in itself, never mind higher league placing, possible big draw and further progress. 

Smoked-Glass
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Do we know which OF has-been they're wheeling out to make the draw ?

Rod stewart.  He s in the pub now and has been since 6 this morning.   

Like this format to be honest - its a good way of building up some steam ahead of the start of the league season (provided the team is ready to go by the start of the fixtures) 

Ferryjambo99
31 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Do we know which OF has-been they're wheeling out to make the draw ?

I might be wrong but I think it was done by a bt presenter and some guy from the spfl last year. 

It was hosted by Derek Rae but obviously he won't be this year

Hearts in the North Division? :rofl:

It’s all a bit of a shambolic split. Livi in the South and Hearts in the North. 

On 5/23/2018 at 13:18, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

what can top Peterhead? turning up to the wrong ground and taking the 3-0 default defeat of Cove Rangers?

Turning up at the correct ground and actually getting beat 3-0 by Cover Rangers :whistling: 

All Out Attack

It beats meaningless friendliness, although I would rather we weren't involved at this early stage. 

Must go out all guns blazing to score goals and exorcise last seasons woes. 

2 minutes ago, hawaii said:

Just do an East / West draw instead FFS

or how about a north, south, east and west? 2 groups in each

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

or how about a north, south, east and west? 2 groups in each

If the SFA can't get an everyday regular draw correct then what chance would they have with four sections and 2 groups in each!?

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Turning up at the correct ground and actually getting beat 3-0 by Cover Rangers :whistling: 

:ninja:

MacDonald Jardine
52 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If the SFA can't get an everyday regular draw correct then what chance would they have with four sections and 2 groups in each!?

This isn't the SFA.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Rod stewart.  He s in the pub now and has been since 6 this morning.   

IMG_1496.JPG

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

IMG_1499.JPG

Dear God, he's got the brains of an apricot.

:facepalm:

peter_hmfc

Tuesday night away up in Inverness, thank god for regional drawing otherwise we might have to travel for hours.

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Bez said:

Hearts in the North Division? :rofl:

It’s all a bit of a shambolic split. Livi in the South and Hearts in the North. 

Give them a break, they never do things with common sense

1 minute ago, kila said:

Group C

Heart of Midlothian

Inverness

Raith Rovers

:lol:

Our prospects are looking bleak. 

peter_hmfc

Cove Rangers at home would be good.

Good but if we're away then that'll be shite.

Edited by peter_hmfc

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Paolo said:

:lol:

Our prospects are looking bleak. 

Behave yourself , fearing Inverness and raith rovers? That's embarrassing