Arshavin - Best player at Euro 08

vegas-voss

Bert Le Clos

I think that when discussing Ronaldo, some peoples' opinions are swayed by the fact that he dives, moans and complains too much ie. they let the fact that they hate him as a person affect what they think of him as a player.

I hate him as a person, but from what I've seen of him as a player he is one of the best in the world at the moment. He doesn't always produce on the big stage, but did in the Champions League final.

I wasn't around to see Best, Maradona, Pele or Beckenbauer so I can't honestly compare them. But to say Zidane carried the French team is nonsence, that team was full of winners, player who are a lot better than those that Ronaldo has around him for Portugal. And remeber, Zidane arguably lost France the last World Cup.

Yes Ronaldo is a diver, but Maradona was a cheat too. Ronaldo has the potential to be the best in the world, and at 23 maybe he will become as good as those already mentioned.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry not had time to read the whole thread so not sure if it's exclusively about Arshavin.

IMO the best player at Euro 08 by a country mile is Spain's Marcos Senna.

Archived