A Small Victory for Common Decency

Chip Douglas

Chip Douglas
Why would they need two marches?

Precisely, there's absolutely no justification for the afternoon march; other than they have their morning march, go to a similar event in Grangemouth, get bevvied up and cause a nuisance of themselves on their return to Penicuik.

It would also be a criminal waste of police time.

They won't get anything on appeal because they have no basis for the afternoon march.

The mutants are currently causing a commotion around the corner from my flat. Wish they'd take their flutes and drums and stick them up their hole.

Noisy feckers.

The mutants are currently causing a commotion around the corner from my flat. Wish they'd take their flutes and drums and stick them up their hole.

Noisy feckers.

How would you feel if it was techno? ;)

Heard them playing earlier round my parts, bunch of idiots really, surely they could learn some Oasis or a bit of Roses instead of that whistling nonsense? 15mins of 'Best of Britpop' would have folk well up for it I'd say ;)

One march is sufficient. No grounds for moaning.

However, it's odd that they let those Rebel bassas march about Glasgow like there's no tomorrow, chanting "IRA, IRA".

King of the North
One march is sufficient. No grounds for moaning.

However, it's odd that they let those Rebel bassas march about Glasgow like there's no tomorrow, chanting "IRA, IRA".

You'll find that they also let the Orange 'bassas' march about Glasgow as well.

You'll find that they also let the Orange 'bassas' march about Glasgow as well.

As if you'd know.

London Town? :laugh:

Boak.

King of the North
As if you'd know.

London Town? :laugh:

Boak.

Aye, I'd be a much better person if I had a line from hello hello as my location.

Erse.

But you are right, I don't know a great deal about 'marching season'. Here in the 21st century it's not really relevant to me, whether I am in London, Edinburgh or anywhere else.

Aye, I'd be a much better person if I had a line from hello hello as my location.

Erse.

But you are right, I don't know a great deal about 'marching season'. Here in the 21st century it's not really relevant to me, whether I am in London, Edinburgh or anywhere else.

Yes, 'cause marching's totally irrellevant.

And to hell with democracy aswell, as voicing an opinion's bang out of order, innit.

Or in Landan Langwij: 'Pow Pow Pow, blud you gettin gunned innit.'

;)

King of the North

And to hell with democracy aswell, as voicing an opinion's bang out of order, innit.

;)

I have no idea what your issue is with London - did you have a bad experience down here?

Marching is not totally irrelevant -

the Orange Order are though, as are the bams that march on either side of the divide in Glasgow. Don't demean the notion of democracy by suggesting that these plastic paddies and hun bigots are excercising their democratic rights. Bumping their gums and causing division is all they are doing.

Anyway, I didn't come on for an argument, so I'll say goodnight from London Town.;)

;)

Stop being facetious.

Orange marches - and the Orange Order, for that matter - are totally irrelevant in the 21st Century. Democracy has nothing to do with it.

John Findlay

Let the Orange Order march and let the othe lot march too.

Personally I ignore them both. Has worked well for my first 45 yrs on earth and will work well for my next 45yrs.

John

Chip Douglas
Let the Orange Order march and let the othe lot march too.

Personally I ignore them both. Has worked well for my first 45 yrs on earth and will work well for my next 45yrs.

John

They're marching in the morning. They don't need a second march 7 hours later.

It's harder to ignore them if they're pashing in your garden or starting fights in your local.

Stop being facetious.

Orange marches - and the Orange Order, for that matter - are totally irrelevant in the 21st Century. Democracy has nothing to do with it.

Certainly for us metropolitan types but we're talking about deepest darkest Midlothian here.

Guest S.U.S.S.
The Orange Lodge? It appears so. :sad:

Yes, thats right, us Protestants are responsible for all the evil in the world.

Yes, thats right, us Protestants are responsible for all the evil in the world.

So you believe in god?

I never said anything about Protestants. Merely the Orange Lodge, which has no place in modern society.

Guest S.U.S.S.
So you believe in god?

I never said anything about Protestants. Merely the Orange Lodge, which has no place in modern society.

Yes i believe in God.

And you know fine well the what religion makes us the Orange Order, dont try and argue semantics with regards the exactness of your statements.

And there a re a number of things, people and institutions that have no place in this world but are never targeted by KB PC brigade, i wonder why?

Yes i believe in God.

And you know fine well the what religion makes us the Orange Order, dont try and argue semantics with regards the exactness of your statements.

And there a re a number of things, people and institutions that have no place in this world but are never targeted by KB PC brigade, i wonder why?

Yes, Kickback is nothing but a big 'chatholic' conspiracy. Get a grip.

The Orange Order has not nothing to do with the modern Scotland we live in. If you want to practice religion, why don't you go to one of the many churches?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Yes, Kickback is nothing but a big 'chatholic' conspiracy. Get a grip.

The Orange Order has not nothing to do with the modern Scotland we live in. If you want to practice religion, why don't you go to one of the many churches?

Where did i mention Catholicism? Once again you ignore the points made to try and score points.

I was at church earlier thanks.

Are you implying im a member of the orange order with your question? you once again make yourself look foolish.

Take a day off Toggie, go out and have a look at the country you go on about.

If your one of the best and brightest the SNP has to offer thank god the Union remains.

Where did i mention Catholicism? Once again you ignore the points made to try and score points.

I was at church earlier thanks.

Are you implying im a member of the orange order with your question? you once again make yourself look foolish.

Take a day off Toggie, go out and have a look at the country you go on about.

If your one of the best and brightest the SNP has to offer thank god the Union remains.

"And you know fine well the what religion makes us the Orange Order, dont try and argue semantics with regards the exactness of your statements."

Care to comment?

So S.U.S.S, what are your points? Why do you believe the Orange Order should be allowed to march? What relevance to they have to today's Scotland?

Chip Douglas
"And you know fine well the what religion makes us the Orange Order, dont try and argue semantics with regards the exactness of your statements."

Care to comment?

So S.U.S.S, what are your points? Why do you believe the Orange Order should be allowed to march? What relevance to they have to today's Scotland?

I don't really have a problem with them marching. They're doing so in this particular instance to lay a wreath for those fallen in the War in the morning.

Tell me why exactly though why they would like to march later on? Because they'll be boozed up and probably fancy causing a bit of friction at the Catholic establishments which may just happen to be along the route. And it's a total waste of tax payer's money.

No doubt however, any approval of a march in the afternoon would be subject to conditions re-routing these monkeys away from flash points for public disorder.

Chip Douglas
God, is this drivel still going?

It appears so and you're posting away like nobody's business.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Care to comment?

us was a typo as well you know, should have been up!

If you cant work out the points, im not going over it again. I hope to god you never gain any political power, as with the rest of your political organisation you avoid things and go for petty point scoring.

Why should they not be allowed to march, its important to remember history and thats what they are doing.

Guest S.U.S.S.
It appears so and you're posting away like nobody's business.

Funny, thats what happens when you respond to others, have you not worked out how a board works yet?

us was a typo as well you know, should have been up!

If you cant work out the points, im not going over it again. I hope to god you never gain any political power, as with the rest of your political organisation you avoid things and go for petty point scoring.

Why should they not be allowed to march, its important to remember history and thats what they are doing.

Easy mistake to make, 's' and 'p' are so very close on a keyboard.

Of course it's important for them to remember history, they forgot to have a parade in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 so it's only right to have two on the same day to make up for it. That's exactly what's going on and it has nothing to do with intimidating Catholics whatsoever, that's why the organiser's were happy to move the route of the walk away from the chapel.

Lest we forget, we are the people etc.

Mutants, monkeys, idiots etc. :);)

What part of loving your country/religion and celebrating civil and religious liberty for ALL is irrelevant in "modern" society? I am sure that perhaps the people of Zimbabwe would find such liberties as relevant, and indeed a case for celebration in the 21st century?

The glorious revolution and the williamite campaign SHOULD be and will continue to be celebrated, just as it has in Scotland for 200 years!

The evening parade is a tradition, and if they want to parade in their home town twice in one day why shouldn't they?! It seems to me - from his comments - the sheriff was not impartial.

I also find it a bit hypocritical, when the Orange order get criticised for "bevvy", yet when the Tartan army get "bevvied", sing songs about their country, songs that could be construed as racist/sectarian and then urinate and vomit all over foregin cities it is just a laugh, and they are great guys?

John Findlay is correct, if you don't like it - Ignore it. But we won?t go away.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Easy mistake to make, 's' and 'p' are so very close on a keyboard.

Of course it's important for them to remember history, they forgot to have a parade in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 so it's only right to have two on the same day to make up for it. That's exactly what's going on and it has nothing to do with intimidating Catholics whatsoever, that's why the organiser's were happy to move the route of the walk away from the chapel.

Lest we forget, we are the people etc.

Us protestants, and Made up of, two different statements which i confused, of course you will never have made a mistake. I have no idea when they did or did not march.

I dont think they need two in one day but think they should be allowed to march in either the morning or afternoon. Morning makes more sense.

I am no fan of the Orange order, despite the fact that I lived most of my life in West Lothian and attended a non denominational school their. A real breeding ground for the Orange order and there associated groups.

However some people seem to forget the history of the Orange order and their traditions. Just because you do not agree with somebody's views should we simply ban and disregard them?

They support Ulster remaining part of the United Kingdom and those with short memories should remember it was only a short time ago the British were at war with Nationalists from Ireland and thousands on both sides were killed. Indeed only last month a police officer from Ulster was blown up in his car by Nationalists.

It may not pleasing to hear their flutes and drums in your town, but I say always respect others point of view, and within reason allow them to protest lawfully.

To be honest, i don't care if they march or not.

I wish they would do it quietly though. Nothing worse than having to listen to that pish at 9-30am on a Saturday morning.

To be honest, i don't care if they march or not.

I wish they would do it quietly though. Nothing worse than having to listen to that pish at 9-30am on a Saturday morning.

Get yourself out to Blackridge any saturday morning in the summer about 7.30am Cosa, as the band march through the village to pick up the worthy master or grand mistress whatever it is. The whole village is up cheering them.

Chip Douglas
I am no fan of the Orange order, despite the fact that I lived most of my life in West Lothian and attended a non denominational school their. A real breeding ground for the Orange order and there associated groups.

However some people seem to forget the history of the Orange order and their traditions. Just because you do not agree with somebody's views should we simply ban and disregard them?

They support Ulster remaining part of the United Kingdom and those with short memories should remember it was only a short time ago the British were at war with Nationalists from Ireland and thousands on both sides were killed. Indeed only last month a police officer from Ulster was blown up in his car by Nationalists.

It may not pleasing to hear their flutes and drums in your town, but I say always respect others point of view, and within reason allow them to protest lawfully.

This is a general comment on the Orange Order.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss particular circumstances and they're having a march in the morning; there's no need for an additional march in the afternoon.

Can someone who supports these monkeys give me a justification for a further match beyond "history"; bearing in mind the morning's events.

Get yourself out to Blackridge any saturday morning in the summer about 7.30am Cosa, as the band march through the village to pick up the worthy master or grand mistress whatever it is. The whole village is up cheering them.

To be fair Deek that's probably the most exciting thing that ever happens in Blackridge:confused:

Guest S.U.S.S.
This is a general comment on the Orange Order.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss particular circumstances and they're having a march in the morning; there's no need for an additional march in the afternoon.

Can someone who supports these monkeys give me a justification for a further match beyond "history"; bearing in mind the morning's events.

Its obviously not a general comment as referring to people as monkeys is not a passing comment, ur not looking for debate ur looking for reaction.

Its obviously not a general comment as referring to people as monkeys is not a passing comment, ur not looking for debate ur looking for reaction.

Is that like trolling SUSS?

Apologies to the decent religion-meisters like Doc/JT, but seriously, **** religion.

Far more bother than it's worth.

Chip Douglas

I was referring to the post I quoted as being a "general" comment.

I think they have a right to march; equally I have a personal right to deem them "monkeys", which is the level of intelligence most of these guys possess.

Deek, the chances of me being anywhere other than asleep at 7.30am on a Saturday are not the best.

Apologies to the decent religion-meisters like Doc/JT, but seriously, **** religion.

Couldn't agree more

King of the North

What part of loving your country/religion and celebrating civil and religious liberty for ALL is irrelevant in "modern" society? I am sure that perhaps the people of Zimbabwe would find such liberties as relevant, and indeed a case for celebration in the 21st century?

The glorious revolution and the williamite campaign SHOULD be and will continue to be celebrated, just as it has in Scotland for 200 years!

The evening parade is a tradition, and if they want to parade in their home town twice in one day why shouldn't they?! It seems to me - from his comments - the sheriff was not impartial.

I also find it a bit hypocritical, when the Orange order get criticised for "bevvy", yet when the Tartan army get "bevvied", sing songs about their country, songs that could be construed as racist/sectarian and then urinate and vomit all over foregin cities it is just a laugh, and they are great guys?

John Findlay is correct, if you don't like it - Ignore it. But we won?t go away.

Good grief - are you for real?

The 'Williamite campaign for liberty and freedom for ALL' - would that be the same one which led to Catholics being denied the right to hold the throne in this country, which still applies today?

Aside from that, history tells us that William did many great things as king- such a shame that his memory has been hijacked by these bams, and that he is now forever associated with low rent hunnery, as is the Orange Order.

You are living in the past - the Orange Order is a bloated anachronism. And, as someone else pointed out, the majority of people that attend these marches will be ugly, thick and probably overweight. Average huns, in other words.

Funny thing is Acey, I don't consider myself religious. I have faith; personal, real, dynamic faith.

I think the Orange Order is full of religious people, people who go to church because that's what they've always done, that's what their fathers did, or they go a few times a year, put on a suit and tie, puff out their chest and be seen walking into the Kirk.

I think of it as nominalism.

It's religious.

It's not Christianity.

Archived