Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And as others have pointed out many times, Levein is still working with players that don't suit his style and he has been wuite clear about the need for players who are more forward thinking. 3 have signed already including one with terrific pace by all accounts.

He has hardly been cautious in the past couple of weeks when he has had more of the players at his disposal fit that he wants such as Harry Demi and Milo. Let's see how he gets on when he has had a proper summer for pre season and transfer window to work with his own players.

Whilst I’m no Levein hater, a great manager can get the best out of what he has. Look at Clarke for example. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Because we can’t afford to pay him between £12-15k per week that clubs will be offering. If not more! 

I suspect lifestyle will have a part to play if his family are all still down south.

But I know from a good source that Callum Paterson is on £10k a week (plus £10k for every win) so those kind of figures will probably be the main draw unfortunately.

Because we can’t afford to pay him between £12-15k per week that clubs will be offering. If not more! 

Unfortunately that's the reality. Love to see him here next season, but I think he will move on.

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Would love to have been in that discussion.  Agree with every word.  At the risk of being monotonous, in addition to all our other sources of revenue, I wish we could get a decent sponsor to help with the cost of enticing Jon and others to stay. Shirt sponsor, stand sponsor, don't care.

I just feel in my bones that the board is working on that.

Fingers crossed.

True but what would he accept to stay with Hearts plus a 5 year contract.

The club will offer him what we can offer him. It’ll be in line with the top earners at the club.

That won’t be enough unfortunately but we will not and cannot pay more than we can afford. Those days are thankfully a thing of the past.

Levein found McLaughlin and he’ll find someone else.

21 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

The club will offer him what we can offer him. It’ll be in line with the top earners at the club.

That won’t be enough unfortunately but we will not and cannot pay more than we can afford. Those days are thankfully a thing of the past.

Levein found McLaughlin and he’ll find someone else.

Miracles happen.

Just heard Hearts advert for season tickets on forth one. I don't recall us doing radio advertising last year. Was good to hear.

On 06/05/2018 at 00:41, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd say there are probably a lot of frustrated HMFC fans at this point in time, a number of whom post on here. I'd class myself as that, i.e. frustrated, it possibly comes through following the club both home and away and still struggling to understand how performances at home differ so much from those away. I've renewed my home ST for next season and intend to travel to all the away games as well. If as a result of that I continue to be frustrated by performances at times, and then I sometimes express that frustration in certain threads on here then I'll just have to accept that despite going to all games I may then be classed by some on here as possibly not a credit to the club. I assure you I won't lose any sleep over that. I've not read through this whole thread only the last page or two, it seems there was a minor discussion on how many ST's sold at the moment, when any seats not sold would become available and other posts saying that despite dates being given by HMFC these hadn't been set in stone. Nothing really for anyone to get their drawers in a flap over. Watching HMFC play against and comfortably beat a side at Tynecastle and then go away from home and play like dog shit against the same opposition, hell that is frustrating, but I'll still go along and offer what support I can.

Have you not been frustrated for most of your time following Hearts?

If you say no you are either 12 or I don’t believe you.

On 05/05/2018 at 22:03, Enzo Chiefo said:

You called a fellow Hearts supporter a "fud". The poster who thinks we have sold 11k is ...delusional. D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L. The ticket office was busy because of seat changes and, as has been confirmed, a handful of fans who slipped under the net and managed to renew their seat after the deadline.  Anyone who thinks we have sold 11k at tHis stage is delusional.:thumbsup:

Enzo

I have no beef with you.

But this pish about not calling ‘fellow Hearts fans” fuds is bullshit.

Quite a few of our fans are fuds. Quite a few of our fans think I’m a fud.

The notion that all Hearts fans should be in a big kumbya circle is nonsense.

FarmerTweedy
14 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There was a great atmosphere before the game last night. Everyone was buzzing. It's stretching it a bit to claim the applause was specifically directed at Levein imo.

Levein walks out of the tunnel (on his own). Huge round of applause starts. Levein walks across the pitch (on his own). Huge round of applause continues. Levein reaches, and enters, dugout on far side of pitch. Applause dies down.  But applause wasn't directed at him.  :jj_facepalm:

The lengths some people will go to to try to promote their anti-Levein agenda appear limitless!

BelgeJambo
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Underrated Belgian international if you please Barack. 

The Last Manager of RAEC Mons before they went down the pan

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

A few of us were having a bevvy in our club after the game and we were agreed that Hearts should agree a contract with Jon McLaughlin and give him whatever it takes. This man if worth it without a doubt. If fans see Hearts are serious and can keep McLaughlin, Mitchell, Adao, Milinkovic & Naismith added to Souttar, Berra, Djoum, Cochrane, Lafferty & the youngsters we have the makings of a squad that can compete for trophies Tynie will be full every week. It will take the right signings to add where we are lacking players like this Irish lad. Season tickets would be sold out. Can it be done ? Why not.

Thankfully, the people actually running the club are rather more intelligent than that!  The idea that we should just pay someone £10k per week, £15k per week or whatever they demand, is completely and utterly stupid. The club will have offered him what we can afford. If that's not enough to keep him, and it seems clear it isn't, so be it.

You and the other folk at your club must have really enjoyed administration!

FarmerTweedy
27 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Levein walks out of the tunnel (on his own). Huge round of applause starts. Levein walks across the pitch (on his own). Huge round of applause continues. Levein reaches, and enters, dugout on far side of pitch. Applause dies down.  But applause wasn't directed at him.  :jj_facepalm:

The lengths some people will go to to try to promote their anti-Levein agenda appear limitless!

It won't let me edit this now, otherwise I'd have added a comment to say that I've seen that you've, not for the first time, admitted that you made up a claim without knowing any facts about what you were saying, and have since admitted that what you said was completely incorrect!

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It won't let me edit this now, otherwise I'd have added a comment to say that I've seen that you've, not for the first time, admitted that you made up a claim without knowing any facts about what you were saying, and have since admitted that what you said was completely incorrect!

Bit of dramatic queenery there Farmer but moving on, I didn't make anything up. I expressed surprise about the applause for CL after our recent results and performances. It's been confirmed and I've accepted that. It was derby day and everyone was up for it. 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

PJ1 12 years old ?

?

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Bit of dramatic queenery there Farmer but moving on, I didn't make anything up. I expressed surprise about the applause for CL after our recent results and performances. It's been confirmed and I've accepted that. It was derby day and everyone was up for it

Either that or more people like Levein as our manager than you thought!

No problem with those who don't like him , but I think it might be worth agreeing to disagree on this one until next season starts - may as well all enjoy the close season with natural order restored and the Hibees moping over their 'misfortune' and how they were cheated, robbed and beaten by a worse team......

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

No problem with those who don't like him , but I think it might be worth agreeing to disagree on this one until next season starts - may as well all enjoy the close season with natural order restored and the Hibees moping over their 'misfortune' and how they were cheated, robbed and beaten by a worse team......

I was there. I took it people were appreciating him sticking it up to Brendan Rodgers. 

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Yip.

Job done if Lenny completely throws the toys oot the pram !

scott herbertson
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I was there. I took it people were appreciating him sticking it up to Brendan Rodgers. 

Fair enough, that certainly would have helped

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

True but what would he accept to stay with Hearts plus a 5 year contract.

I don’t know him. He’ll be able to earn far more in that 5 year contract period elsewhere. It’s a job to these guys. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

That obviously plays a big part in it Mikey. I certainly don't think he was being thanked and appreciated for the previous 3 performances. Managers are smart enough to know how to get fans on side and detract from results and other failings. Jon Daly in August and Rodgers, Levein and Lennon have, this week, tried to deflect attention away from performances by mouthing off to the press.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

1 hour ago, Boab said:

PJ1 12 years old ?

?

Yep. I know he is and is a poster I respect. I’ve been following Hearts for 33 years and have been frustrated or worried by the team for about 27 of those years at least.

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I'm age 62, so not 12. And no, I've not been frustrated during most of my time following HMFC, I have been frustrated on occasions. Oh, and to finish off, if you don't believe me then so be it, that's life.

Edited by portobellojambo1

8 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm age 62, so not 12. And no, I've not been frustrated during most of my time following HMFC, I have been frustrated on occasions. Oh, and to finish off, if you don't believe me then so be it, that's life.

I was pulling your chain.

I know fine well you are a longstanding fan.

But if you are frustrated now and haven’t been for big chunks of you being a fan I do question that, but fair dues.

scott herbertson
Just now, David McCaig said:

Slightly off topic... But does anyone know if we are through the 11k mark yet?

The figures given by Football First above suggest we are, but it's not an exact science, as only the club know how many of STs like  hospitality and disability ones they have sold, which don't show as available on the eticketing site. As they pass barriers th cluby normally announce this, but usually the announcements come a few days after the event. So for example we might get something on Saturday referencing after the first day of open sales etc

mainstandjambo
17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Shows you what a good result can do and is worth. ?

Another 100 sold since last count. 

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Bit of dramatic queenery there Farmer but moving on, I didn't make anything up. I expressed surprise about the applause for CL after our recent results and performances. It's been confirmed and I've accepted that. It was derby day and everyone was up for it. 

No, you tried to claim that applause wasn't for him. It's no wonder you keep getting other things wrong when you can't even get what you've said yourself right!

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

No, you tried to claim that applause wasn't for him. It's no wonder you keep getting other things wrong when you can't even get what you've said yourself right!

Other things wrong? Have a look at the league table and you'll change your tune.

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That's why you have zero credibility on here . 

You  clearly  posted that the applause wasn't  for CL and  had to be general excitement at  the match when proven wrong you still come up with  some smoke and mirrors  explanation . 

Face facts your stance on CL is out of step with the vast majority of Hearts fans whether it's right or wrong . 

Big Slim Stylee
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Enzo

I have no beef with you.

But this pish about not calling ‘fellow Hearts fans” fuds is bullshit.

Quite a few of our fans are fuds. Quite a few of our fans think I’m a fud.

The notion that all Hearts fans should be in a big kumbya circle is nonsense.

I actually agree with that. Never been sure why I’m supposed to embrace an entire support just because we’re all Hearts fans. 

Some are indeed utter fuds.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

6 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I actually agree with that. Never been sure why I’m supposed to embrace an entire support just because we’re all Hearts fans. 

Couldn’t agree more. This idea that it’s okay to rip anyone else associated with the club but not the fans is totally bizarre. 

Bridge of Djoum
18 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Would be a great summer's work if we could get all of them fixed up. Not sure about Adao tbh but certainly the other 4 are quality. Keeping Lafferty every bit as important though. 

I don't seethe about the quality of the squad JJ. I've said many times we should be doing much better with the players we have. We just need to add 1 or 2 pacy midfielders imo. 

My problem is that I don't think Craig Levein has the best managerial style to get the best out of players, regardless of who they are. His tactics and whole philosophy is cautious and stifling . He has a role at the club away from first team involvement, Academy Director for example but i think we woukd achieve so much more with a more forward thinking, possibly European manager. 

Be a man and admit you were absolutely wrong about ST sales. 

7 minutes ago, Bez said:

Couldn’t agree more. This idea that it’s okay to rip anyone else associated with the club but not the fans is totally bizarre. 

Thats my ultimate point but there are a number of layers to it.

So for example at the very top level apparently people on here are allowed (indeed encouraged) to tear strips off ‘one of our own’  in Levein or even Callachan.

But **** me if you call out a JKBer for being a dick folk start greeting and going on about ‘fellow Hearts fans’

Bridge of Djoum
21 hours ago, Independence said:

Have a word with yourself !!!!!

He did.

The word was ''wibble''

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Thats my ultimate point but there are a number of layers to it.

So for example at the very top level apparently people on here are allowed (indeed encouraged) to tear strips off ‘one of our own’  in Levein or even Callachan.

But **** me if you call out a JKBer for being a dick folk start greeting and going on about ‘fellow Hearts fans’

:spoton:

Nailed it Jammy. 

On 05/05/2018 at 17:17, Bez said:

Just seen that you have conceded the comparable point. Well done.

Didnt realise they weren’t on sale atm... guess we will smash 11k on the first day or two after they go back on sale. 

There’s a real enthusiasm and buzz for Hearts just now. 

?

i wish jj was my dad
58 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Agree with this. Every Jambo starts in credit with me but we had for example people on here admitting they wanted ####ing Hibs to beat us rather than keep Levein. Every one of them deserve every bit of stick received and still to come as far as I am concerned.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, JALBO said:

Just heard Hearts advert for season tickets on forth one. I don't recall us doing radio advertising last year. Was good to hear.

We did. 

Always turned it up loud, done it every year for maybe 3/4 years.

+2me and my mate renewed today. 

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Agree with this. Every Jambo starts in credit with me but we had for example people on here admitting they wanted ####ing Hibs to beat us rather than keep Levein. Every one of them deserve every bit of stick received and still to come as far as I am concerned.

Some dafty even chose hibs over rangers in a sc final poll on here. 

Utter fud. 

:ninja:

All Out Attack
24 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Have kept off for a few days as the Levein apologists would be having a field day and ignoring us being 6th in the league and an abhorrent 17 points behind our city neighbours. 

Season tickets are still 3000 short of last season's total, so lots of supporters are going to have to make a giant leap of faith with an awful lot  not happy about the manager remaining in place. 

On the subject of the pre-match Levein applause. I think you will find that in a big match, before a derby, anyone connected to Hearts would have been applauded. The support was pumped for the game. There were quite a number of boos in the Wheatfield, I would like to point out. 

To be honest, I'm completely disheartened over Levein keeping his job. The thought of travelling to away games next season, is not something I am now looking forward to. 

Whilst I have little choice but to accept this, my tolerance for defeats and anti-football, next season will be non-existent. 

The sooner this man is gone the better. 

Interested in people's views on whether we really need segregation against most clubs in the Roseburn?

Would there be trouble with supporters of St J or Motherwell or Dundee Utd etc?

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Have kept off for a few days as the Levein apologists would be having a field day and ignoring us being 6th in the league and an abhorrent 17 points behind our city neighbours. 

Season tickets are still 3000 short of last season's total, so lots of supporters are going to have to make a giant leap of faith with an awful lot  not happy about the manager remaining in place. 

On the subject of the pre-match Levein applause. I think you will find that in a big match, before a derby, anyone connected to Hearts would have been applauded. The support was pumped for the game. There were quite a number of boos in the Wheatfield, I would like to point out. 

To be honest, I'm completely disheartened over Levein keeping his job. The thought of travelling to away games next season, is not something I am now looking forward to. 

Whilst I have little choice but to accept this, my tolerance for defeats and anti-football, next season will be non-existent. 

2bb71d58042085.59edf1afdc85a.gif

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I don’t know him. He’ll be able to earn far more in that 5 year contract period elsewhere. It’s a job to these guys. 

I agree and depends on the gap. 

If patterson is on £10k +that again on a win bonus then that's allot. 

If we were paying say 6/7k  plus that again on a win it might make folk take other factors into account. 

Complete guess but our  highest paid will be on 6/7k all in a week and likely only 4/5 on that. 

The difference is too much. 

If I was happy at work on 35k I wouldn't move for 40k if I really enjoyed my work. 60k and I'd be gone even if I was happy. 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Interested in people's views on whether we really need segregation against most clubs in the Roseburn?

Would there be trouble with supporters of St J or Motherwell or Dundee Utd etc?

Dundee United are the reason the segregation divide is so wide at the moment

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

:bolt:

And

:getout:

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That obviously plays a big part in it Mikey. I certainly don't think he was being thanked and appreciated for the previous 3 performances. Managers are smart enough to know how to get fans on side and detract from results and other failings. Jon Daly in August and Rodgers, Levein and Lennon have, this week, tried to deflect attention away from performances by mouthing off to the press.

Absolutely pathetic

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Dundee United are the reason the segregation divide is so wide at the moment

Good God.  Real shame.