***Official Motherwell v Hearts thread***

GorgieBootBoy74

6 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

It highlights the complete lack of ability in most of our squad. The fact that there is no real urgency makes matters worse!

Keyword mate. Urgency.

Motherwell may be limited but what their players are doing is giving their maximum ability wise and effort.  

It can reap rewards against better teams who are not on it. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

We make too many changes every week to personnel and formation. 

Totally agree with Thompson on BBC, there is no pattern to how we play. Even the players dont seem to know what they are doing. 

Been like that for a few years now

Bristol jamboree 10

If we do not improve in second half then C L must go.Budge must understand we will not spend money to support her lack of judgment. So Ann shape up or get out.

The only way back for us to to get the wingers on and provide a supply for Lafferty and Naismith. We can't piddle about now playing the way we have in the first half.

7 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I'm really looking forward to summer.

Why? So we can go through the same charade we have done for several seasons. Mass rebuild needed. Patience required. Fannying about in the bargain basement. Finding it impossible to sign a decent striker or two. Having to listen to Levein pontificate and make excuses etc etc. We aren't building a side, we will need an extensive overhaul yet again. Its piss poor and that support behind the goal deserve a hell of a lot better than they are getting.

Or maybe you meant because the season will be over......well that's going to be the case in 45 minutes if we don't see a massive improvement on that complete shambles of a first half. 

CloustonHMFC

Hughes off for Milinkovic, Callachan for Cowie and switch to a 4-4-2. We need to press and get back in this game. 

Shocking start. Terrible defending for the goal. Midfield anonymous. High balls to an isolated Lafferty. Well going forward are everything we are not.

On the plus side it's only 1 goal. It's only half time and we have players on the bench who can change it but we MUST start playing along the ground, through midfield. I can see it being a draw. Plus ca change.

This is what we watch away every week. Maybe now some of you will understand why we moan so much about our performances and tactics.

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Wrong team selection.

Every individual playing poorly 

Motherwell playing well

Cowie, Milinkovic and Smith triple sub on for me - urgently need to correct the wrong team selection. Callachan, Godinho, Cochrane off. But to be honest there is no player who could have any complaints about being hooked - all awful. 

Extremely frustrated with levein today. So disappointed with the team selection. 

Although tempting no way can we put the 3 subs on. Last thing we need is to play with 10 men in case of injury

As bad  as Callachan is, Levein must take the blame for constantly playing him. 

Same goes for Cochrane, clearly a good player but so out of his depth right now.

1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

4. This back 3 is horrendous. Could drive a bus through the middle of our defence.

Aaah. Get you now. Need to get the tempo up. They look more up for it, which with the support we have there is frustrating.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I suspect the players will be getting their baws booted from Levein right now. 

Too many bad 1st half performances since he took over though. 

But he gave a kid his debut in a vital cup tie away from home when we have players on the bench who should be playing. 

Randall on left of midfield? **** off. 

Callaghan? Nah. 

He he needs to look in the mirror before questioning his players. 

But it we can retrieve this and all will be fine !!

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Although tempting no way can we put the 3 subs on. Last thing we need is to play with 10 men in case of injury

I think drastic action is needed but levein is with you. Just Milinkovic coming on. 

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Cant believe that goal. reminded me of how I used to play.

As a corner taker?  :pleased:

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’d go as far as to say Callaghan shouldn’t pull on a shirt again after rewatching this. Absolutely unforgivable to let that in

Raith fan I used to work with warned me about him when he signed and I hoped it would be the relegation pain talking but unfortunately not the case 

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

What a load of unadulterated shite. 

Simple...yet concise

HeartofHartley
2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Why? So we can go through the same charade we have done for several seasons. Mass rebuild needed. Patience required. Fannying about in the bargain basement. Finding it impossible to sign a decent striker or two. Having to listen to Levein pontificate and make excuses etc etc. We aren't building a side, we will need an extensive overhaul yet again. Its piss poor and that support behind the goal deserve a hell of a lot better than they are getting.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at the truth in this post.

Bring the Serb on an Cowie and go 4-3-3..

callaghan and Hughes off..

this is has been brutal.. 

Cruyff Turn

Can we take a leaf out of Motherwells book and commit 3 players into the box every time we attack? 

11 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

A 38 year old with no legs in a full back position? 

Yeah he’s played there before this season and done well. We definitely need a back 4 as it’s currently 3v3.

4 minutes ago, EH11 said:

You'e  embarrassing. Away and crawl under the stone you retreated to when we cuffed Celtic. 

Do you not see that the Celtic game, exceptional as it was, was a freak result? We continue to create very little week by week 

This type of football will do wonders for season ticket sales 

This is the football of Craig Levein so just as well you appear to be enjoying it. 

That shroud be the last time Callachan ever starts a Hearts first team game. A horrendous selection for this match by Levein. Horrendous.

HeartofHartley
1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yeah he’s played there before this season and done well. We definitely need a back 4 as it’s currently 3v3.

Godinho Souttar Berra Randall and hook Hughes.

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Or maybe you meant because the season will be over......well that's going to be the case in 45 minutes if we don't see a massive improvement on that complete shambles of a first half. 

Spot on.  But whisper it quietly on here. Some can't handle the truth 

CloustonHMFC

What’s the point in punting the ball upfield to Lafferty when there’s no one in front of him. 

Is it just me or is Adao not really in this game in the same way?

As if he's been told to calm it down and bit and it's holding him back.

Greedy_Jambo

All or nothing now. 

Probably the only route into Europe for us now and Ann is expecting it. 

Better so far. 

Archived