***Official Hamilton v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

This.

Sad that the media like to focus predominately on Hearts’ supposedly industrial, boring football. Rather than endorsing the way we are showcasing, some of the best teenage talent Scotland has to offer. 

The media can go and lie in their own filth.

I reckon we could soon be in a position to fill our matchday squads with these lads with a greatly reduced need to sign players.    All the better because whatever funds we do have can be focused on better and better quality in one or two signings.     

Some of the young lads might not prove good enough but some will.    We could be creating some very valuable assets.

Thought this match would have been perfect for Stockton and he’s not even in the squad.

Would be a risk to lose both Isma and Cole in the window.

Just now, hearts00 said:

I’ve just no idea where the goals are coming from in that team. Let alone the creativity. But I guess that is why Levein is still looking for a striker, attacking CM and winger. 

Been unclear all season where goals have been coming from

Apart from Goncalves or Lafferty occasional individual goal

Anyone else get that feeling that when we finally concede a goal it will be a hammering?

I pray we don't let it happen against shite like this even with a "weakened line up"

Not convinced that Callaghan and Cowie can play in the same team.

if Djoum isn’t fully fit and Buaben injured I would have moved Randall into midfield and brought in Smith at right back.

Take it Cowie’s gonna be playing wide right ? Would have preferred Milinkovic there and Cowie pushed back into midfield, for balance ?

hearts @ heart
29 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Any idea where Irvine plays in midfield?

Young Andy has a great left peg and suspect he may left side of central mid. He is a dyed in the wool jambo along with the rest of his family. Good luck to Andy and the team tonight.

...a bit disco
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20180124_192632.jpg

Do you get a Flake with that?

42 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

I know we're limited but it feels like the wrong approach going with two teenagers in cm against that animal jailbird they have. 

I don't think its two teenagers in CM though.  I think we are playing two teenagers as wingers (their positions), and three in the middle - Cochrane, Callachan, Cowie.

8 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I’ve just no idea where the goals are coming from in that team. Let alone the creativity. But I guess that is why Levein is still looking for a striker, attacking CM and winger. 

Naismith will score tonight

3 minutes ago, kila said:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6456

Irving scored a free kick in the friendly against Vitesse earlier this month. Earned his start I think, hope he shines like Cochrane.

Left footed attacker.

This may well be part of CLs thinking.Irving is an excellent passer of a ball.Interesting to see how he and Mitchell link up

3 minutes ago, hearts @ heart said:

Young Andy has a great left peg and suspect he may left side of central mid. He is a dyed in the wool jambo along with the rest of his family. Good luck to Andy and the team tonight.

Sounds good to me

2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I don't think its two teenagers in CM though.  I think we are playing two teenagers as wingers (their positions), and three in the middle - Cochrane, Callachan, Cowie.

Thats how i took it as well.

Good luck boys ??

12 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Anyone else get that feeling that when we finally concede a goal it will be a hammering?

I pray we don't let it happen against shite like this even with a "weakened line up"

Not me.

4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

You would assume Irving has encountered a few hammer throwers when playing for Berwick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Surprising team, particularly switching to a back four. Perhaps it would have been better to bring in Smith to play in the back three, drop Moore and push Cochrane forward to support Naismith.

Portable Badger

God - I know we're potentially signing Awankmag ....but Hamilton's No99?  Is that his name or their equivalent Covfefe moment?

stirlingshirejambo
19 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I'm on board with this "Youngsters used to artificial pitch" thing. Go on the youngsters.

spot on

Exactly what Levein just said in his radio interview

1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

CL on the radio just now - Isma is 'otherwise engaged tonight'!!

Heard that ..will be off shortly

54 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Looks a weak middle of the park to me.

I disagree.  Callachan is tougher than Djoum and we have Cowie back in to provide experience.  Naismith will help Moore and Irving.  Don’t mind the line up, it’s a settled defence and on reflection I think 5 at the back would be overkill against these cloggers.  Only thing I would have preferred would have been McDonald over Irving.

8 minutes ago, hearts @ heart said:

Great news that.  I've been wondering the same thing about the other youngsters breaking through.  Being Jambos I mean.

Anybody know?

2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Isma “otherwise engaged” according to CL.

Toilet door locked?

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Assume Sky dont have a clue of our lineup

877D5452-F680-40EF-BC1F-9041F5801908.png

Our so called ITKers missed the Temps signing then !!!!!   Useless bellends !! :thumbsup:

If we win with that team or at least compete then we can seriously look forward to an incredibly bright future. I'm honestly excites to see how they perform tonight. Levien is absolutely ripping up the Scottish football user guide here. What a manager the guy is!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Trying to draw a red card for Imrie and let the young guys play. I'm in. Looking forward to this one. 

10 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Hamilton are that dirty Imrie has been booked before the start.

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20180124_192632.jpg

I thought it stood for aomething else begins with, c, now you mention it, it does mean that, he's been booked for being a 'c'! :D

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I disagree.  Callachan is tougher than Djoum and we have Cowie back in to provide experience.  Naismith will help Moore and Irving.  Don’t mind the line up, it’s a settled defence.  Only thing I would have preferred would have been McDonald over Irving.

Yeah I agree although we did keep Irving and send Petkov out on loan to Berwick so I suppose we should give him some games.  Although I haven't seen anything of Irving other than the free kick. 

How many wingers do we have btw?  Irving, Henderson, Moore, McDonald, Zanatta as well as Milinkovic and were maybe signing another.  Potentially 7?!

Archived