***Official Hamilton v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

This should be an interesting one after the last game, I think they'll find they're up against a very different and tougher team. Another 1-0, I'll say.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-4

i would prefer to take Cochrane out of this one to protect him

Naismith and Isma doubles

letsalldothebeattie

Don’t see why we can’t go there again like earlier in the season and win again. Just make sure we don’t get dragged into their dirty tactics like at Tynie. 

Maybe 1 change from Sunday with the way Aaron Hughes is with his injury issues I’d maybe rest him for this given the plastic pitch. 

McLaughlin

Randall

Souttar

Berra

Mitchell

Cowie

Cochrane

Djoum

Milinkovic

Naismith

Isma

2-0 Hearts. Naisy will get his first here 

Riddley Walker

I'd like to see Moore given a start. He looked sharp before his injury. I wonder if we'll stick with the 3 at the back.

August Landmesser

Apparently Accies were very poor on Saturday against a mediocre Motherwell team, but they always seem to get themselves up to play us. I can't see them scoring though, so I'll go 2-0 us - Naismith first half, and Isma with a late one on the counter.

Imrie to be red carded, MacKinnon to be arrested please. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

0-4

i would prefer to take Cochrane out of this one to protect him

Naismith and Isma double

I see your point, but the young lads are used to this surface so I'd rather rest  Djoum who just came back and be tempted to play MacDonald and Harry or Ross in for Djoum.

Hopefully a fast start like last time there and see the game out.

Like you say, Naismith to score first.

Don't think he'll last the 90 either.

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

I see your point, but the young lads are used to this surface so I'd rather Djoum who just came back and be tempted to play MacDonald and Harry or Ross in for Djoum.

Hopefully a fast start like last time there and see the game out.

Like you say, Naismith to score first.

I think he means from the way Accies play more than the pitch I would assume. McKinnon and Imrie will try to break him. I personally would keep him in he’s bossed Brown & McGinn so why not these two cretins 

The sort of shitey game you end up losing for no apparent reason despite beating much better teams beforehand. 

Hopefully a 2-0 to hearts but I never like these games. Always feel like banana skins. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

The sort of shitey game you end up losing for no apparent reason despite beating much better teams beforehand. 

Hopefully a 2-0 to hearts but I never like these games. Always feel like banana skins. 

Aye, hopefully not.

It's a game I you score first you can see it out, but if it becomes a war of attrition then as you say it's a banana skin.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I think he means from the way Accies play more than the pitch I would assume. McKinnon and Imrie will try to break him. I personally would keep him in he’s bossed Brown & McGinn so why not these two cretins 

Fair point, all the more reason for resting Djoum.

Like you say, harry can handle himself, but could see the reason for resting him.

I reckon we’ll stick with 3 at the back but Smith will come in for Hughes.  Only other change will be Cowie for Milinkovic.

2-0 us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 or 4 changes with 5 games in 14 days. 

Except us to win. We need to win the next 2 for momentum 

Captain Sausage

Absolutely despise Hamilton. They epitomize everything that’s wrong with Scottish football. Utter hoofball, dirty hacking pricks throughout the team, dive all over the shop, crowd the referee after every decision, commit lots of niggly fouls, plastic tinpot soulless stadium. 

Get torn in to them Hearts :pleasing:

Try and remember Harry is only 16, we mustn't tax his young body to much he's still growing, some great prospects have gone by the wayside by over taxing their young bodies

After watching  Naismith and Mitchell conect on Saturday after a very short time of knowing each other I would say they will tare Hamilton apart. 

The Treasurer

Expect a few changes for this one after a hard shift on Sunday.

Due to the pitch I don't think Hughes or Djoum will play and I think possibly Stockton could get a start as he seems to relish a physical battle which this is certain to be given the opposition.

Naysmith knows what to expect but this could be a real shock to the system for Mitchell given that he's probably not even trained in such a shit-hole, never mind played a top flight league match.

14 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

3 games

Ah that's disappointing! Good thing we've got Naismith as an option now!

54 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Try and remember Harry is only 16, we mustn't tax his young body to much he's still growing, some great prospects have gone by the wayside by over taxing their young bodies

I agree but sometimes you cannot help yourself tax young bodies.

3 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

yep exactly this

Imrie and McKinnon just need a sniff of blood and they will wreck him.

McKinnon is the biggest thug in Scottish football and I believe he has every intent of damaging somebody's career every time he takes to the field

2 hours ago, houstonjambo said:

Absolutely despise Hearts . They epitomize everything that’s wrong with Scottish football. Utter hoofball, dirty hacking pricks throughout the team, dive all over the shop, crowd the referee after every decision, commit lots of niggly fouls, plastic tinpot soulless stadium. 

Get torn in to them Hearts :pleasing:

Is that you Michael Stewart?  FTFY

I reckon we will see a couple of changes. I don't think we will see Hughes (due to the pitch), Isma (if Levein still thinks he can't handle 3 games in a week) and potentially one of Cochrane or Milinkovic. 

Think we will see Cowie, Stockton and Moore come in to the starting XI. 

Young Accies coach Matthew Craig passed away this week due to Leukaemia. 22 years old.

Would imagine there will be some sort of acknowledgement of this on Wednesday pre kick off.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I don't want to jinx our clean sheet record by saying we will concede but it could be a very close game. 1-0 with Naismith's first goal or another Berra header! 

Just now, Homme said:

Nurse!

Actually it's pleasing to see you more positive i8 :lol:

There is so much to be positive about now.  A year ago, I saw no green shoots.  Although Cathro was Levein's doing, I am in awe about the work he is doing right now.  He has totally transformed us.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Nurse!

Actually it's pleasing to see you more positive i8 :lol:

He's probably just jinxed us tbf :lol:

It's funny that because this team has 7 shutouts in a row that I'm very keen for it to go on as long as possible.   So to that end I would rather have a 1-0 than a 4-1 or whatever.    Sort of.    

In reality a win here would be fantastic just to maintain the points momentum and extend the unbeaten run.     If the run could extend to a dozen or so games we'll be harder to beat week on week.      

Futher reality is that it's going to be very difficult.   As ever.

Huge test for our defenders, if Berra doesn’t make it, to show that Berra is not the super glue holding the defence together. Berra would be a huge loss to us but if missing tomorrow means he is fit for Saturday and next Wednesday then hopefully we have enough to get by without him.

scott herbertson

Suspect we will see Moore play. Maybe McDonald too. The kids should be used to artificial pitches, albeit in  better nick than this one. Also maybe Smith in the middle as we did against st Johnstone away

been here before
17 minutes ago, Kaptin Kirk said:

Is there pay at the gate tickets?

There usually is a shitty pay at the shitty gate at their shitty ground to watch their shitty team on their shitty pitch with their shitty players playing their shitty brand of shitty football shittily disrupting every move, shittily hacking, shittily kicking everything that moves.

44 minutes ago, been here before said:

There usually is a shitty pay at the shitty gate at their shitty ground to watch their shitty team on their shitty pitch with their shitty players playing their shitty brand of shitty football shittily disrupting every move, shittily hacking, shittily kicking everything that moves.

To quote popcorn teeth - that's a crock of shit!

8 hours ago, Homme said:

Young Accies coach Matthew Craig passed away this week due to Leukaemia. 22 years old.

Would imagine there will be some sort of acknowledgement of this on Wednesday pre kick off.

That's just awful.  RIP.

3-0 Hearts with McDonald and Cochrane sharing the 90 minutes.

Think we'll see a few changes for this one, predicting a close game.   ( keep templeton quiet) 

Hamilton are a shocking team 

1-0 Jambos , naismith to be the difference. 

Isma toiling apparently.

McLaughlin

Smith Souttar Berra

Randall                                      Mitchell

Cochrane Djoum

Cowie.                    Milinkovic 

Naismith 

Rest Hughes

Archived