***Official Hamilton v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Make Some Noise..

I know we're limited but it feels like the wrong approach going with two teenagers in cm against that animal jailbird they have. 

On 23/01/2018 at 13:31, Gashauskis9 said:

??????

Really don't fancy us having seen the team . Looks far to lightweight especially against Hamilton. Strange stuff from CL as we need to maintain momentum. Would take a point right now . 

Regardless of the Isma speculation I think we can safely say that’s the final nail in Stockton’s coffin. No involvement when we are stretched like this, and it’s off to the English conference for him!!

Love the way Levein is getting rid of / freezing out the dead wood. 

Irving was on loan at Berwick for the first 6 months of the season. He is a central midfielder.

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Options on the bench anyway if it goes tits up.

Where does Irving play?

CM I think

Captain Sausage

I imagine Levein will be having a word with the officials prior to kick off. Neither Irving or Cochrane have much on them and I would expect Craig will be pointing out that the usual dirty tactics of Imrie and MacKinnon in particular will need to be watched closely. 

We will see if that works out. If so, it nullifies the Hamilton way of doing things and we will win. If not, we will get overrun in midfield and we’ve not much of a plan B. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Regardless of the Isma speculation I think we can safely say that’s the final nail in Stockton’s coffin. No involvement when we are stretched like this, and it’s off to the English conference for him!!

Pretty much. Martin too. 

Levein doesn't feck about. 

4 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Who's Irving?

17 year old who has been on loan to Berwick and has just been recalled . Scored a freekick in the friendly with the Dutch side on the winter break . 

Portable Badger

Glad youngster getting a game and pleased Zanatta is on the bench as well.  They all need 1st team games

I'm very surprised Mitchell and Naismith are starting TBH. Got to trust CL knows what he's doing r midfield

I can see pace and goals in that squad.

Berra, Cowie and Naismith should provide organisation and stability.

Hopefully it's enough.

4-5-1 presumably?

I've lost track of Martin. Injured again? Brandon and Stockton as well?

Most be horrible for opposing managers trying to predict the Hearts team.

4 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Glad youngster getting a game and pleased Zanatta is on the bench as well.  They all need 1st team games

Sorry GF quoted your post in error.

Perhaps it is due to the artificial pitch and the young boys are better suited to it.

10 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

I know we're limited but it feels like the wrong approach going with two teenagers in cm against that animal jailbird they have. 

This. Puts a lot of pressure on Don and Callaghan

11 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

I imagine Levein will be having a word with the officials prior to kick off. Neither Irving or Cochrane have much on them and I would expect Craig will be pointing out that the usual dirty tactics of Imrie and MacKinnon in particular will need to be watched closely. 

We will see if that works out. If so, it nullifies the Hamilton way of doing things and we will win. If not, we will get overrun in midfield and we’ve not much of a plan B. 

Absolute thug, concerned for the boys tonight.

I trust in Craig but a very youthful team, hoping any transfer dealings will be concluded as soon as possible.

1-1 draw says the head 3-1 says the Heart

Imrie would be better cast in Vikings than a football shirt.

14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Looks a weak middle of the park to me.

Yea!

Cochrane was lost against that Hibs midfield!!!

jamboinglasgow

Irving becomes the 10th teenager to make a competitive appearance for us this season. Only 1 of those players has not had a league appearance (Petkov.) Its a crazy stat.

Clark Griswold

Irving may have played on a few plastic pitches for Berwick, perhaps the reasoning for his start? Or one of them anyway.

8 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Sorry GF quoted your post in error.

Perhaps it is due to the artificial pitch and the young boys are better suited to it.

That thought occurred to me as well.

14 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Stockton was a dreadful signing. Looks like a bit of transfer activity inward and outward for us before month is out 

Midfield does look lightweight as pointed out above. Few horrible types in opposition line up tonight 

Fair play to Levein re Irving.  Recalled him from Berwick and hasn't wasted his time. Nice to see another lad getting a chance 

Callachan will need to play the role of minder tonight 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Irving becomes the 10th teenager to make a competitive appearance for us this season. Only 1 of those players has not had a league appearance (Petkov.) Its a crazy stat.

It's a very encouraging stat. They have all looked to have something about them.

Cochrane is a gem of a player. Once he develops physically we will have the genuine article of our hands. Great touch and awareness. Football brain 

15 minutes ago, novoman said:

17 year old who has been on loan to Berwick and has just been recalled . Scored a freekick in the friendly with the Dutch side on the winter break . 

Yes, he was recalled to go on the winter trip, than his loan deal was terminated and he returned to us. You can only assume that he impressed CL on the trip.

9 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Any idea where Irvine plays in midfield?

Played central midfield for u20s and Berwick when I have seen him.

letsalldothebeattie

Interesting XI good to see Levein have faith in Irving. Hopefully all the young lads rise to the occasion and we can maybe cruise this tonight 

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Stockton was a dreadful signing. Looks like a bit of transfer activity inward and outward for us before month is out 

Midfield does look lightweight as pointed out above. Few horrible types in opposition line up tonight 

Fair play to Levein re Irving.  Recalled him from Berwick and hasn't wasted his time. Nice to see another lad getting a chance 

Callachan will need to play the role of minder tonight 

Sounds weird but really rooting for CL tonight, difficult circumstances but still an expectation after the Hibs game.

Cmon the JT's

Edit* I always root for him just feel today a lot of eyes will be on him.

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Incredible and a huge credit to the club and management.      Fantastic for the future.

I've got a good feeling that we can carve Hamilton open tonight, with the young lads in midfield and Naismith up top, I think we'll move the ball around quickly.

I’m pretty sure Levein knows his players and if they can handle the game. Remember Irving has been exposed to football at Berwick and will have come up against some cloggers there. Play football around them and we win. The young boys experience of playing on plastic might be crucial.

Big game for Lewis Moore, I like the look of him and hopefully he will do well tonight and get a run of games, Milinkovic is too inconsistent 

Francis Albert

Glad to see the youngsters in the team. After years of watching experienced dross its good to see especially since we also have good experienced players in the side with them. 

To dismiss Cochrane as too lightweight after Sunday and the Celtic game is incomprehensible.

Just now, chazza74 said:

Big game for Lewis Moore, I like the look of him and hopefully he will do well tonight and get a run of games, Milinkovic is too inconsistent 

Agree he needs consistency but he works hard for the team and has a bit of quality about him.

A Shoreditch Heart

I'm surprised that Cochrane starts at in watch is always such a rough house fixture , but he can put himself about as we saw on Sunday. I think Callachan could be a big player for us tonight - c'mon the mighty JT's !

1 minute ago, chazza74 said:

Hopefully he does well tonight. Moore is the one I have been least convinced by to date if I'm being honest.

Very very early days though 

I’ve just no idea where the goals are coming from in that team. Let alone the creativity. But I guess that is why Levein is still looking for a striker, attacking CM and winger. 

Archived