C.Ronaldo - Over-hyped & Over-valued?

Charlie-Brown

Give me Leo Messi over him any day.

Hear, hear.

Messi tore Brazil apart on Wednesday night (it was on SS1 at 1.50am). Younger than Ronaldo and much, much better.

Did you see the comment in the interview after the defeat last night where he basically said he did what he had to and it was his team-mates fault for making mistakes which is why they lost. Shocking stuff to come out with imo. And what was his first contribution to the Euros? A blatant dive.

I'd love for Man Yoo to let him rot in the reserves, but unfortunately he'll get his move and make a lot of money out of it in the process.

I think both in terms of his talent and his all-round personality, he's got a long way to go before he becomes one of the true greats like Zidane.

Hear, hear.

Messi tore Brazil apart on Wednesday night (it was on SS1 at 1.50am). Younger than Ronaldo and much, much better.

Ahh,but are they as good as Miko?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Hear, hear.

I watched the re-run of the game yesterday. Messi on that form is by far the best player on the planet.

Ahh,but are they as good as Miko?

Funny you should say that. I told a guy in my taxi last night that I reckoned Mikoliunas could run rings round them all. In fact he could run all the way back to feckin Lithauania if he wanted!

Ronaldo is an extremly talented player but hes over hyped and over valued, no player in the world is worth 80 million quid. And again in a big game he didnt amaze.

People will say hes won the Championsleague and league etc but in big games(Including the final) hes hardly been world class.

Hes making a fool of himself with what hes doing to the fans with his decison on his future and alot of Utd fans and fans in general have lost alot of respect for him because if he wanted to stay its not hard for him to come out and say Im staying.

Robinho will probably replace him and hes a better player then Ronaldo IMO.

I think some are being a bit harsh on him. At Man Utd he has players like Tevez, Rooney, Giggs beside him. He doesn't have that with Portugual in my opinion. Early in the game he was stuck out on the wing and when they eventually put him through the middle towards the end of the game they were either lumping high balls into the box (I think he was a few inches smaller than their centre-half's) or shooting from 25-30 yards. He was rarely given the ball near the edge of the box where he is at his most dangerous.

In short, I don't think last night's game suited him. Germany are one of the most organised and stingy team's in the world when defending a lead and play counter attacking football.

I still think he's the best player on the planet.

Over valued. Ofcourse.

Over hyped. No.

I am not a Man United fan and can't stand the hyperbolic crap that comes from the English Premiership, but to accuse him of not performing in big games and big tournaments is erroneous.

Champions League Final he scored.

He was Portugals player of the tournament at the last world cup.

FA cup final he scored.

Against Arsenal he scored.

Personally i prefer Messi & Kaka, but his impact cannot really be questioned.

Funny you should say that. I told a guy in my taxi last night that I reckoned Mikoliunas could run rings round them all. In fact he could run all the way back to feckin Lithauania if he wanted!

Goggs,take him in your taxi,I'll help with the cost of the fuel.

South west mate get it right...

I ment quarters my bad..you knew what I ment..

Ronaldo was also the top scorer in the Champs league...But obviously Kaka and Messi are far better players...

I think Ronaldo also won a few small awards this season..

most goals in a season for man u

player of the year

players player of the year

world player of the year

writers player of the year

manchster rotary club young player of the year

2nd in the gala bingo player of the year behind clum

You go fanboy! :cool:

tolcross lad

The top football players are disgustingly overvalued and overpaid.Ronaldo earns more in one week than say 5 nurses earn in a year,Something seriously wrong there IMO.

With overvalue and the age of celebrity(mainly pop stars actors and actresses and sports stars)he is overhyped.

So I think he is overvalued and overhyped.

To my mind he is arguably the best footballer in the world at the moment which is one of the reasons that he is overvalued to the extent of more than the rest.

In one of the worlds best club teams his assets are there for all to see.The step up to international level is much harder.Portugal are not the Man UTD of the international set up.They come a notch below.I dont think that it is any coincidence that the worlds "greatest players" have belonged to the worlds most consistent successful international teams.Pele ,Maradona,Maldini and Zidanne.

Figo,Cruyff,Best and others like Dalgleish(dare I a say)may have been considered differently in a bigger international team.How many Champions(European) Cup medals did Dalgleish achieve?

There's an arguement that The Champions League is now the pinical of world football, bringing together the best of World talent and by that benchmark Ronaldo has been absolutely outstanding. One of the top scorers in this years tournament, and lifted the trophy (having scored the goal in open play).

In the Premiership (again, a very high level of play) he has been incredible. I don't think that league has seen such a dominant player in it's history. The boy was terrorising teams on his own and scoring goals for fun.

International fitbaw perhaps isn't as strong as it used to be (especially given the fact there's no limit on forign players in Club football) I reckon Real Madrid and Man Utd would beat most international teams.

Frankenstein Jambo.
In terms of marketing yes.

Footballing wise he is miles ahead of Beckam which isn't that hard to achieve.

In terms of skill and pace, beckham was very limited. But his passing, crossing, vision, work-rate and passion could never be doubted. He doesn't have 100 England caps, A champions league medal, countless Premier league and FA cup medals for nothing.

Frankenstein Jambo.
There's an arguement that The Champions League is now the pinical of world football, bringing together the best of World talent and by that benchmark Ronaldo has been absolutely outstanding. One of the top scorers in this years tournament, and lifted the trophy (having scored the goal in open play).

In the Premiership (again, a very high level of play) he has been incredible. I don't think that league has seen such a dominant player in it's history. The boy was terrorising teams on his own and scoring goals for fun.

International fitbaw perhaps isn't as strong as it used to be (especially given the fact there's no limit on forign players in Club football) I reckon Real Madrid and Man Utd would beat most international teams.

They wouldn't beat Holland

Dirk Diggler
They wouldn't beat Holland

Behave.

Man Utd would beat any team in that tournament.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Behave.

Man Utd would beat any team in that tournament.

Van nistelrooy would rip them apart.

Holland, for me, are the best team ever to grace the european tournament.

Man u wouldn't be able to touch them

Dirk Diggler

At least wait until they get past the Quarter final stage before making such a ridiculous comment.

:rolleyes:

Frankenstein Jambo.
At least wait until they get past the Quarter final stage before making such a ridiculous comment.

They ripped apart the two world cup finalsts. So why is it such a ridiculous comment?

coppercrutch

Holland are extremely unlikely to win this tournament. If they meet the Italians in the Semis you would be a fool to put on cash on the Dutch. IMO.

Dirk Diggler
They ripped apart the two world cup finalsts. So why is it such a ridiculous comment?

Because France couldn't beat Romania and Italy struggled to beat Scotland in qualifying.

Football has moved on since Materazzi called Zidane 'the son of a terrorist whore.'

Holland have looked good, to describe them as 'the best team to ever grace the European tournament' is ridiculous.

They are far from even being the best ever Dutch team to grace the tournament.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Because France couldn't beat Romania and Italy struggled to beat Scotland in qualifying.

Football has moved on since Materazzi called Zidane 'the son of a terrorist whore.'

Holland have looked good, to describe them as 'the best team to ever grace the European tournament' is ridiculous.

They are far from even being the best ever Dutch team to grace the tournament.

They would still beat Man u though

Dirk Diggler
They would still beat Man u though

The 'best team to ever grace the European tournament' probably would.

The Holland side competing in Euro 2008 wouldn't.

End of discussion.

Frankenstein Jambo.
The 'best team to ever grace the European tournament' probably would.

The Holland side competing in Euro 2008 wouldn't.

End of discussion.

They would though ;)

Archived