New Search for a Manager

HMFC-R-US

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

Jesus, Indiana Jones 5 can be titled "the hunt for a Hearts manager"!

according to Talk 107.

Oh well.....back to the drawing board.

:confused:

Could you paste the article here. 107 site is blocked at my work.

Cheers

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=2921

It only says considering,.

Not definate.

Vladimir Romanov is set to start again his hunt from a new Hearts boss. Top target Vladimir Weiss has been adopting a 'wait and see' policy after delaying his decision on whether to join the Jambos. With pre-season training only a week away, it's understood Romanov will initiate another Europe-wide search to attempt to fill the Tynecastle vacancy.

according to Talk 107.

I get the feeling that the drawing board is little more than a fag packet crumpled in somebody's pocket.

The only thing we are drawing is a blank at present.

We've got the drawing power of Stenhousemuir at home to the Hibs in a 1st round League cup replay on a wet Tuesday night in October.

And as any more drawing puns come to mind I'll keep you all informed.

Toxteth O'Grady
Could you paste the article here. 107 site is blocked at my work.

Cheers

Vladimir Romanov is set to start again his hunt from a new Hearts boss. Top target Vladimir Weiss has been adopting a 'wait and see' policy after delaying his decision on whether to join the Jambos. With pre-season training only a week away, it's understood Romanov will initiate another Europe-wide search to attempt to fill the Tynecastle vacancy.

There you go

Jam Tarts 1874

To be honest I would be happy if this were true. Let's not hang around for Weiss to make up his mind.

Seriously, Romanov has to do some damage limitation here and appoint someone PDQ even if it means we don't get a long term solution. Guys like Butcher or Robbo, even Jeffries would I think be better than the Frail/Korobotcha option.

By The Light..

Posted Thursday, 19 June 2008 - 11:54:54

no news here, except the stark truth that nobody wants this job

no news here, except the stark truth that nobody wants this job

That's basically what is boils down to mate, and unless Vlad changes his ways, that's the way it will remain.

:mad::mad::mad:

I wonder what gems will be on the new list !

The club is a complete shambles, oh well six months and counting.

It does look like the job is a poisoned chalice. Not for the usual reasons, just cos Romanov is a ******.

The length of time the manager search has taken so far-maybe Santa will bring us a new manager if we ask nicely ;)

In all seriousness, I cant believe we dont already have a complete list of all realistic managers we can get. I hope it is just guesswork from the media when they comment 'Vladimir Romanov is set to start again his hunt for a new Hearts boss'

:(

marshallschunkychicken

Here's my strawclutching attempt at garnering some positivity from this........

Zygmantovitch appears not to be a contender, as he was allegedly on the original list, but hasn't been turned to if this is to be believed.

"it's understood": no direct quotes or substance.

If Chick Dung had come on and said "BBC Scotland understands", would we believe him?

Don't think so.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Maybe I've missed the thread but I've been hearing alot of talk of Valdas coming back?

I would take him back, on the proviso we can actually judge him this time by letting him pick the team on its own merits, rather than doing more rotations than Rafa Benitez!

marshallschunkychicken
It does look like the job is a poisoned chalice. Not for the usual reasons, just cos Romanov is a ******.

You would think that he would look for the lowest common denominator, and then sort it.

But that would display some semblance of sense.

Dr. Bapswent

Zygmantovitch appears not to be a contender, as he was allegedly on the original list, but hasn't been turned to if this is to be believed.

IF, the article is totally correct, then I dont see it as too much of a bad thing, with a new Europe wide search taking place.

Of course people will ask why the first search was not successful. and rightly so.

But on the back of failing this time around, the criteria may be changed, more money might be made available etc.

Poorer managers who were overlooked would still be on the books. and therefore not need a new search.

A new search suggests an increase in the caliber of the manager IMO.

Of course, these things can only be answered if and when we get to see the candidates.

I guess its handy Frail is there to step in to fill the breach.

Maybe they've worked out that there's no point bringing in a guy who's not qualified for the post when they already have one here that speaks English. Why bother with the hassle? They can just leave Frail to it and bullsh*t that they're 'still looking for the right man'.

All I can say is, he's damn good at hide n' seek ;)

I am sickened and angered how long this is taking

I don't know of any club in the entire world that has tried to get a manager for so long.

There are millions of decent managers out there

The bottom line is the tw*t Romanov just does not give a flying ****

IF, the article is totally correct, then I dont see it as too much of a bad thing, with a new Europe wide search taking place.

Of course people will ask why the first search was not successful. and rightly so.

But on the back of failing this time around, the criteria may be changed, more money might be made available etc.

Poorer managers who were overlooked would still be on the books. and therefore not need a new search.

Of course, these things can only be answered if and when we get to see the candidates.

Nope, nothing wrong with this picture :rolleyes:

bear.jpg

Guest casper
"it's understood": no direct quotes or substance.

If Chick Dung had come on and said "BBC Scotland understands", would we believe him?

Don't think so.

You wouldn't believe the world was round unless you saw it for yourself from outer space.

Hagar the Horrible
Jesus, Indiana Jones 5 can be titled "the hunt for a Hearts manager"!

Raiders of the Lost Dugout

Vlad and the Temple of Doom

FFS get either Billy Davis or Big Sam Allardice in? both want a job, and if there were any vacancies in the Championship or EPL they would have happened by now?

JamboJimmyB

No half decent manager wants the job as our owners reputation goes before him.

A reputation that is getting worse by the day due to his inability to land a small time eastern european coach such as Weiss.

Yet apparently 10k season ticket holders have supported the running of the club by investing for the next twelve months. Not even under the relative success of Levein and Jeffries did we draw such crowds ?

For those who have not renewed you could do a lot worse popping down to 'Spartans' if they get in the league. At least you will be able to watch a genuine game of football played with passion/commitment and by a club that appreciates and cares about its fans.

'The Heart and Soul of Edinburgh' could be no further from the truth.

This is a compltete joke....there are managers out there that would jump at the chance to manage hearts if given assurances..... it is so obvious that this is where the problem lies.

Vlad ffs...get a grip and start and see how things in the real world work...let the manager manage!

That is positive news unless Romanov suddenly brings him back in the frame.

What i'd love to know is, how can the member(s) of staff charged with finding a new manager, still be in a job, having taken over 6 months, and STILL not got a new manager? We're effectively back to square one, after all this time, and these clowns are still picking up their salary.

People who argue that Romanov is a good businessman, need their heads looked at. He runs his business in a shambolic way. Yes he's profited from the breakup of the Soviet Union, but that doesn't make him a great businessman. He's an opportunist. His organisational, communication and people skills are non existant. Yet people still back him. I back the club, not Romanov.

We're now 1 week before pre-season training, with no manager, and presumably no signing targets on the radar. The existing squad morale must be rock bottom, and yet again instead of going into the season in the same manner as others - prepared, with an adequate squad, and a clear vision - we go into the season in a state of complete turmoil.

I am passionate about Hearts, but even I am getting tired of the way our club is being run.

Some people need to get a grip of reality. Bad enough listening to smug 1/2 wits being condescending about Hearts fans buying season tickets without suggesting, even in jest, that people go and watch Spartans. Perhaps the 10,000 who have bought season tickets are actually right and want to watch the Hearts. They may actually believe that next season may be an improvement on last and are prepared to buy their tickets on that basis. What a tedious web site this is at times.

Some people need to get a grip of reality. Bad enough listening to smug 1/2 wits being condescending about Hearts fans buying season tickets without suggesting, even in jest, that people go and watch Spartans. Perhaps the 10,000 who have bought season tickets are actually right and want to watch the Hearts. They may actually believe that next season may be an improvement on last and are prepared to buy their tickets on that basis. What a tedious web site this is at times.

It is with the heaviest of Hearts that I am not renewing

I want the fat Russian out

Sorry doc, cant agree with that at all.

STARTING a search again which originally started 6 months ago, when we're now within a week of pre-season reeks of desparation now.

Rather than suggesting that we're now on the look out for a BETTER calibre of manager, i'd suggest that we'll now stoop to the levels that we previously thought we were better than.....

Its not a case of "oh bugger, we've missed out on McGhee and Weiss - ya know what, lets jt push the boat out and get Mouriniho in" - but in my opinion, more of a "SHIIIIIIIIIIIT - we're struggling now, best dig out the list of folk who werent good enough, surely they cant say no"......

according to Talk 107.

Why not Billy Davies ?

according to Talk 107.

...well ??????????..........you can't blame Miami if it's true !!

Which one of us would pack in our jobs to work under Romanov and manage Hearts ??

The fact the we have to "search" for a manager really says it all.

I have bought a season ticket and hope that next season goes better, but you must see people's point of view that we have been in limbo with the manager situation for half a year now, and are still not in a position to get a manager. Why when they started this search did they not have a plan B other than Weiss? They initially stated they have a 3 man shortlist, yet now thats being ditched in favour of a new search. Did all 3 turn it down? Did it take 6 months to come up with 3 possible names, one of which was already in the Romanov empire?

Surely you must acknowledge that this is incompetence. We surely should have had a list of 20 or so names we were interested in, and whittled it down accordingly. If that was the case we'd just go back to that list and speak to the others. It clearly doesn't seem to have happened that way here. We appear to have taken 6 months to come up with a list of 3.

Which one of us would pack in our jobs to work under Romanov and manage Hearts ??

I would.

In a flash.

...well ??????????..........you can't blame Miami if it's true !!

The fact the we have to "search" for a manager really says it all.

I'm game !!

I'm game !!

Yeh,........me too, but family and my children's future would take precedence before letting the mad one loose on my destiny.

I work in IT just now.... why?

Just wondered what the attraction would be in comparison to your current job.

They'd always take you back in IT after a few months out I suppose ?

Yeh,........me too, but family and my children's future would take precedence before letting the mad one loose on my destiny.

I've always found it hard to say no !! Ideal candidate.....

I've always found it hard to say no !! Ideal candidate.....

You may be just the man then if that's the case.

Just wondered what the attraction would be in comparison to your current job.

They'd always take you back in IT after a few months out I suppose ?

You wondered what the attraction would be in getting paid a rake of money to manage the team i've worshipped and followed for most of my life........?!?!? Nah, no attraction there right enough.

Sorry dude, but i really dont see your point here?!?! One minute your saying "who would take the job", clearly expecting folk to say "no, not me, no way" - then a few minutes later you're sayign that even you would jump at the chance if you had it?!?!?!

Confusing contradictions. Many of.

Archived