New Search for a Manager

HMFC-R-US

I would, and for a fraction of the ?350,000 McGhee was suposesly going to get.

So would we all,..............but lets say for arguements sake, and as an individual comparison for each of us,.............Vlad offers any of us the Hearts job at 50% higher than the salary we are presently on.

Would you take it ??

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So would we all,..............but lets say for arguements sake, and as an individual comparison for each of us,.............Vlad offers any of us the Hearts job at 50% higher than the salary we are presently on.

Would you take it ??

Yes

Would you take it ??

50% wage rise to work for Hearts, under Vlad?

Where do i sign....

You wondered what the attraction would be in getting paid a rake of money to manage the team i've worshipped and followed for most of my life........?!?!? Nah, no attraction there right enough.

Sorry dude, but i really dont see your point here?!?! One minute your saying "who would take the job", clearly expecting folk to say "no, not me, no way" - then a few minutes later you're sayign that even you would jump at the chance if you had it?!?!?!

Confusing contradictions. Many of.

hmmmmmmmmm.......my feeble attempt at irony isn't as easily detected these days.

50% wage rise to work for Hearts, under Vlad?

Where do i sign....

Well in two or thre months, it would probably be on the dole.

You wondered what the attraction would be in getting paid a rake of money to manage the team i've worshipped and followed for most of my life........?!?!? Nah, no attraction there right enough.

Sorry dude, but i really dont see your point here?!?! One minute your saying "who would take the job", clearly expecting folk to say "no, not me, no way" - then a few minutes later you're sayign that even you would jump at the chance if you had it?!?!?!

I'd pay him to do it if I had the money !!

........and em,..............no I wasn't.

I in fact "clearly expected" the reaction I have here.

Well in two or thre months, it would probably be on the dole.

With your contracrt paid up, probably in full - which is why it is nonsense to say you feel sorry for any manager when they get the boot.

I would sign up.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Some people need to get a grip of reality. Bad enough listening to smug 1/2 wits being condescending about Hearts fans buying season tickets without suggesting, even in jest, that people go and watch Spartans. Perhaps the 10,000 who have bought season tickets are actually right and want to watch the Hearts. They may actually believe that next season may be an improvement on last and are prepared to buy their tickets on that basis. What a tedious web site this is at times.

ell if this is such a tedious site then why do you and your whole 48 posts come on to this site?

Maybe you'd be more happy on hobo.net. You'd fit in pretty well with all their crap they talk. :hobofish:

To be honest I would be happy if this were true. Let's not hang around for Weiss to make up his mind.

Seriously, Romanov has to do some damage limitation here and appoint someone PDQ even if it means we don't get a long term solution. Guys like Butcher or Robbo, even Jeffries would I think be better than the Frail/Korobotcha option.

get butcher and robbo in now, let's stop messing around and try to build something positive out of this

You wouldn't believe the world was round unless you saw it for yourself from outer space.

I certainly wouldn't believe the media. We have the same paper "understanding" it's Thor, then Wiess who they said had a meeting with Artemedia but no update since re that meeting: we have others telling us it's Billy Brown etc etc.

Now can you tell me who it is you believe, not who you think it should be, but what source you believe. That should be a massive help to everyone on here.

The Old Tolbooth
I am sickened and angered how long this is taking

I don't know of any club in the entire world that has tried to get a manager for so long.

There are millions of decent managers out there

The bottom line is the tw*t Romanov just does not give a flying ****

Exactly what I think too mate, and it is with the heaviest of hearts that I'm not renewing also (so far) :sad:

If we can't attract Weiss we have no chance of getting Davies!! :sad:

The guy has been unemployed for ages,surely he's up our street and available !!

With your contracrt paid up, probably in full - which is why it is nonsense to say you feel sorry for any manager when they get the boot.

I would sign up.

Sad , .........but in a footballing sense, this is the reality, which in turn is unlikely to prove much of an attraction to any manager worthy of the title. So we, in all probability will get someone who is either inept, or doesn't give a monkeys other than his golden parachute. Either way, hardly the right reason for wanting to manage our beloved.

Meanwhile, back in the stands, the long suffering support wonder what's next !

Exactly what I think too mate, and it is with the heaviest of hearts that I'm not renewing also (so far) :sad:

I have not renewed but will instead be paying at the gate, just not sure how positive i'll be about forcing myself out the house if it all starts to go horribly wrong, rock and a hard place!

Seymour M Hersh
Word for word from today's Sun. Although they say 'The Sun understands....'

Maybe they got a little burned (as did we of course) by the McGhee saga and are erring on the side of caution. Having said that it sounds about right.

Guest casper
I certainly wouldn't believe the media. We have the same paper "understanding" it's Thor, then Wiess who they said had a meeting with Artemedia but no update since re that meeting: we have others telling us it's Billy Brown etc etc.

Now can you tell me who it is you believe, not who you think it should be, but what source you believe. That should be a massive help to everyone on here.

I won't believe anything about a manager until I see him standing at Tynecastle with a scarf above his head. Having said that, seeing as how we have not had a manager worthy of the name for 2 1/2 years and it's now very nearly 6 months since we were told we were to get a real manager "preferably with British experience" I don't hold out much hope of it happening in the near, medium or even distant future. I certainly don't go along with no news being good news. Not renewing my season ticket was an easy decision and every day that passes without an appointment I'm feeling even more confident I made the right decision. There are dozens if not hundreds of managers out there who should be jumping at the chance to manage Hearts, especially given the salary they would be reported to be on yet 6 months after the search started we still don't have one.

Things written in the papers might be true and they might not. To say it's untrue just because it's in the paper is just silly. Time will tell if any of these stories are true.

It's been 6 months and as the hobos would say....tick tock!!

"it's understood": no direct quotes or substance.

If Chick Dung had come on and said "BBC Scotland understands", would we believe him?

Don't think so.

The sports editor of Talk 107 is slightly better connected with Hearts than Chic Young is. ;)

This is a FARCE!

I have renewed, but seriously can't be bothered if I turn up or not. I cant imagine Vlad giving two hoots whether I do or don't, but I wish he'd just employ a puppet aqnd be done with it.

Because its looking a certainty that is what we are going to do, or retain the current puppet and puppet master. :mad:

I won't believe anything about a manager until I see him standing at Tynecastle with a scarf above his head. Having said that, seeing as how we have not had a manager worthy of the name for 2 1/2 years and it's now very nearly 6 months since we were told we were to get a real manager "preferably with British experience" I don't hold out much hope of it happening in the near, medium or even distant future. I certainly don't go along with no news being good news. Not renewing my season ticket was an easy decision and every day that passes without an appointment I'm feeling even more confident I made the right decision. There are dozens if not hundreds of managers out there who should be jumping at the chance to manage Hearts, especially given the salary they would be reported to be on yet 6 months after the search started we still don't have one.

Things written in the papers might be true and they might not. To say it's untrue just because it's in the paper is just silly. Time will tell if any of these stories are true.

It's been 6 months and as the hobos would say....tick tock!!

Well, forgive me, but that reply was a right crock of sh*te. You went round the houses to finish up saying the same thing as I said. Don't believe when the media says "I/we understand".

get butcher and robbo in now, let's stop messing around and try to build something positive out of this

Or even Jefferies and Robbo?...Kilmarnock can keep BB;) Heres hoping now we can realistically go after a manager closer to home, although even that seems unlikely now that Weiss has knocked us back...

Bad times.:sad:

The sports editor of Talk 107 is slightly better connected with Hearts than Chic Young is. ;)

I'll look out over the next few days and see just how better connected he is then. I merely gave Dung as an example that we shouldn't believe what the media says and, yes, they do get some right.

Jam Tarts 1874

I think it is more likely that we have knocked Weiss back as it is reported in Slovakia that Weiss wants to discuss being their national manager, I don't blame Romanov for not waiting at this crucial point in the close season.

Just so as you know, here is what Hearts sent me by e-mail in response to some questions I had on the subject:

"Thank you for your email.

I understand your frustration, but we really cannot comment until there is something specific to say. Discussions are ongoing with a number of viable options, however be assured that our aim is to appoint a manager who can bring something we did not get last season: success.

I promise that as soon as there is something to report we'll do so promptly on our website, http://www.heartsfc.co.uk.

Kind regards,

Lawrence Broadie

Marketing Manager"

This e-mail came to me with embedded adverts for Season Tickets!

I don't know why Hearts can't get Campbell Ogilvie on the TV to say something reassuring, particulalry wheter or not he is involved in this manager search. If he is involved then maybe there is still a chance for next season, if it is all Romanov and his UKIO chums, then it looks like Frail/Korobotcha again in my opinion.

6 months and 3 different short lists that has got to be some sort of record. I think that says it all in terms of how attractive we are to decent managers right now.

Drylaw Hearts
I would take him back, on the proviso we can actually judge him this time by letting him pick the team on its own merits, rather than doing more rotations than Rafa Benitez!

A truely awful idea Geoff.

Guest casper
Well, forgive me, but that reply was a right crock of sh*te. You went round the houses to finish up saying the same thing as I said. Don't believe when the media says "I/we understand".

I said it might be true and we'll find out in time not that I don't believe it.

God forbid I ever start thinking the same way as you.

Nobody wants to take the job because of the fact vlad wants to pick the team every week if he is as good as he thinks then he should take his bloody coaching badges and sit in the dugout for a few games then he might just be prepared to give a new boss total control

...it's understood Romanov will initiate another Europe-wide search to attempt to fill the Tynecastle vacancy.

Translates as: you haven't an earthly of seeing anything resembling a decent manager for 2008-9. As for somebody's suggestion earlier in the thread that the above meant we would now be looking for a higher calibre of manager...

What a farce. Come on down, Stevie Frail.

What a complete farce. We really our at the lowest ebb imaginable given our current resources and facilities etc. Total embarassment and laughing stock.

I said it might be true and we'll find out in time not that I don't believe it.

God forbid I ever start thinking the same way as you.

Ah so it was a personal criticism rather than a meaningful contribution.

Have a nice day.

What a complete farce. We really our at the lowest ebb imaginable given our current resources and facilities etc. Total embarassment and laughing stock.

Do you now think that we are seen as the club that nobody wants to manage?

Do you now think that we are seen as the club that nobody wants to manage?

Anybody manager with decent prospects of being in the frame for other jobs is highly likely to turn down Hearts and wait for another offer.

That leaves us with desperados (Rix), Eastern Europeans (Weiss, Korobochka) or pyramid men (Ivanauskas, Malofeev).

Romanov has royally ****ed us.

Anybody manager with decent prospects of being in the frame for other jobs is highly likely to turn down Hearts and wait for another offer.

That leaves us with desperados (Rix), Eastern Europeans (Weiss, Korobochka) or pyramid men (Ivanauskas, Malofeev).

Romanov has royally *****ed us.

Unfortunately i have a feeling that you will be proved right

Guest JamboRobbo
Ah so it was a personal criticism rather than a meaningful contribution.

You'd know all about that anyway.

You'd know all about that anyway.

I thought you only contributed to the debated subject not (to use your word) digs. Well, well,well. How the mighty have fallen. You just about had us all taken in.

PS This must be one the few posts you have made that is not against Romanov.

Jam Tarts 1874
Nobody wants to take the job because of the fact vlad wants to pick the team every week if he is as good as he thinks then he should take his bloody coaching badges and sit in the dugout for a few games then he might just be prepared to give a new boss total control

Did Romanov give you this "factual" information personally?

Did Romanov give you this "factual" information personally?

Yes straight after my interview for the job:p

Charlie-Brown

Is this a 'real' new manager search? or a contingency plan-B in case Weiss doesn't accept? Or an attempt to call Weiss bluff & force a decision from him?

Is this a 'real' new manager search? or a contingency plan-B in case Weiss doesn't accept? Or an attempt to call Weiss bluff & force a decision from him?

But surely with it only being in the media and with no quotes attached it can't be believed ? Or is it one rule for one thing and one rule for another ? Interesting.

Charlie-Brown
But surely with it only being in the media and with no quotes attached it can't be believed ? Or is it one rule for one thing and one rule for another ? Interesting.

That's why I asked if it was 'real' - the paper I read 'understood' that Hearts were 'considering' - why consider? Why not just decide to do it (or not do it) - the only explanation I could think of for 'considering' would be to put the word out we're looking for another manager...possibly to try to force Weiss hand?

That's why I asked if it was 'real' - the paper I read 'understood' that Hearts were 'considering' - why consider? Why not just decide to do it (or not do it) - the only explanation I could think of for 'considering' would be to put the word out we're looking for another manager...possibly to try to force Weiss hand?

Is Weiss really such a high calibre candidate that we have to play stupid games to get him to become our manager ? Seriously if we have to go to those lengths i would rather we told him to GTF.

Drylaw Hearts
Is Weiss really such a high calibre candidate that we have to play stupid games to get him to become our manager ? Seriously if we have to go to those lengths i would rather we told him to GTF.

Agreed.

IF this is true, then what does it say about the previous two shortlists?

What kind of "Europe wide" search was the one that turned up only Weiss, Thordarson and Zygmantovic.

"Can we search Europe again because the first time we were pesh."

IF true.

Francis Albert
Nobody wants to take the job because of the fact vlad wants to pick the team every week

Why hasn't there even been the merest hint that this was McGhee's reason for not getting on the plane to Lithuania? He signed a confidentiality agreement BEFORE the interview?

Archived