Hearts Shop

rab obanheartsno1

The online store shows a picture of the old colour and version. Would be pretty annoyed to buy one and receive a new imposter version haha.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Albert Tatlock

As the previous pics show, totally different colours. I was in the shop on Monday asking when scarves were coming in. Tuesday they said. Was asked to leave my name and number and how many I wanted. They phoned me yesterday ? and I picked them up this morning. They were in a Hearts bag, never even bothered looking at them. Paid and left.

Read this thread...?.... compared with my son’s. Not only are they very different, he said the quality of the new ones is shite. And he is right.

Really don’t know what to do. Don’t want to be a moaning b.....d, but they are completely different scarves.

Seems like the first lot were the real deal and very good quality, and these are poor replicas.

They got 500 of these imposters in ?

Hmm i was in today to pick up my 1978 strip and the scarfs were being put out so grabbed one. Had no idea they were different from the originals. Bit disappointed now, i paid 20 take thats the same price as the first one. In terms of the shop itself its clear its limited by just being temporary but it was in a right mess today.  Stock lying about in boxes, various staff members in the shop not doing much. Usually no problem when i visit but underwhelmed today. Apart from the 1978 strip which is very decent.

19 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

As the previous pics show, totally different colours. I was in the shop on Monday asking when scarves were coming in. Tuesday they said. Was asked to leave my name and number and how many I wanted. They phoned me yesterday ? and I picked them up this morning. They were in a Hearts bag, never even bothered looking at them. Paid and left.

Read this thread...?.... compared with my son’s. Not only are they very different, he said the quality of the new ones is shite. And he is right.

Really don’t know what to do. Don’t want to be a moaning b.....d, but they are completely different scarves.

Seems like the first lot were the real deal and very good quality, and these are poor replicas.

They got 500 of these imposters in ?

Yeah the quality of the new ones are terrible. I was in hospitality at the Dundee game and was speaking to Gary Locke for a bit who had the older version of the scarf  on and it looked class.

Is there an e-mail address at Hearts that we could send an e-mail to and ask why they are so different from the original batch?

If Hearts have decided to go to a much cheaper supplier to buy in this new batch (which it looks like they have) and still charge the same price for them then that is a really poor show.

Albert Tatlock

See, I am more than happy putting money into Hearts, and don’t usually moan, but this new batch of scarves are nowhere near the quality or description of the originals.

Like me, many will have bought them for Christmas presents. However, many that have bought will not be on Kickback, so may never know about the difference.

If we complain, we will obviously get our money back....but then we have to go out and find other presents.

However, I think I am going to take mine back. I will either wait and get the real deal, or just buy socks and pants instead.

Feel quite pissed off to be honest. 

They should have made it clear that this “batch”, were different...

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

See, I am more than happy putting money into Hearts, and don’t usually moan, but this new batch of scarves are nowhere near the quality or description of the originals.

Like me, many will have bought them for Christmas presents. However, many that have bought will not be on Kickback, so may never know about the difference.

If we complain, we will obviously get our money back....but then we have to go out and find other presents.

However, I think I am going to take mine back. I will either wait and get the real deal, or just buy socks and pants instead.

Feel quite pissed off to be honest. 

They should have made it clear that this “batch”, were different...

Ive sent an e-main to Dylan Kelly who is the marketing officer to ask why these are totally different in colour and quality.

[email protected]

Can only be 1 of 2 things. That they are a faulty batch and have not been properly quality checked before being put on sale. Or Hearts have went to a completely different and much cheaper supplier and not bothered to make it clear that this was a totally different scarf.

If you go to the shop to complain then let me know what they say.

Albert Tatlock
Just now, Sarah O said:

That red tartan scarf matches the panels on the new stand at least...

Stop it...?And very much appreciate you starting the match thread for Sunday, but.... I am not happy. These new scarves are imposters....

...a bit disco

Kinda glad I was forward thinking and bought mine in November.

Albert Tatlock

When I phoned up to get them put aside, I asked how many they were getting in and if the were going on the website.

Given that many people were after them as Christmas gifts, and they had been out of stock for weeks.

Was told they would go on website...they haven’t, so maybe they realise they have f...d up.

Anyway, will take them back tomorrow and see what they say.

Albert Tatlock
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Kinda glad I was forward thinking and bought mine in November.

Absolutely, the one you have, and my son has is quality and well worth the money.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Absolutely, the one you have, and my son has is quality and well worth the money.

Good to hear.

My wife wrapped it for my Xmas so I can't take a look!

:lol:

Albert Tatlock
11 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Good to hear.

My wife wrapped it for my Xmas so I can't take a look!

:lol:

It is a vision. Classy and quality. Luck you ?

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

It is a vision. Classy and quality. Luck you ?

Cheers mate.

:thumbsup:

Wrong approach guys. If this a dodgy batch they will be worth a fortune as rarities to a collector in 10 years.  Think about it...

Albert Tatlock
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Wrong approach guys. If this a dodgy batch they will be worth a fortune as rarities to a collector in 10 years.  Think about it...

You really think so. Maybe you are right, but they got 500 in on Tuesday. My son, who has the original is made up as he thinks his will be worth something. In the meantime, I have spent £80 on scarves that are nothing like the original.

Hope we get clarification....? asap about the fact these are completely different scarves, and you cannot try and sell this batch as the original ones. As I said earlier, don’t like to complain; but really don’t have money to chuck around; and it will now be pants and socks......and not from the Hearts Shop ?

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Or maybe the original and much better quality ones will be the collectors items.

Another poster tells me Hearts got 500 of these inferior quality and wrong colour scarves in yesterday.

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

When I phoned up to get them put aside, I asked how many they were getting in and if the were going on the website.

Given that many people were after them as Christmas gifts, and they had been out of stock for weeks.

Was told they would go on website...they haven’t, so maybe they realise they have f...d up.

Anyway, will take them back tomorrow and see what they say.

On website now mate and shown as old colour. Scared to order one though as I don’t want the new batch.

12 hours ago, Mort said:

On website now mate and shown as old colour. Scared to order one though as I don’t want the new batch.

I was in picking up my FOH scarf this morning and picked up a tartan scarf (I hope it gets cold again or I've got too many scarves).  It's definitely maroon and not red, sounds like from Lambo's post that they've possibly identified the problem and removed them.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I was in picking up my FOH scarf this morning and picked up a tartan scarf (I hope it gets cold again or I've got too many scarves).  It's definitely maroon and not red, sounds like from Lambo's post that they've possibly identified the problem and removed them.

Alex can you post a picture of it.

I didnt say they were red, I said they were a totally different shade of maroon and the quality of them had significantly dropped from the original ones.

I posted a coupld of pictures of what the "Tynecastle Tartan" should look like on the previous page. Is the one you bought similar to that?

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Are the same quality as the original ones?  Don't think colour was the only issue.

Captain America
13 hours ago, Mort said:

I can't find them on the website.

Look under scarves and Xmas section.

6 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

I can't find them on the website.

Look under scarves and Xmas section.

Had a look earlier and unable to find them as well

39 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Alex can you post a picture of it.

I didnt say they were red, I said they were a totally different shade of maroon and the quality of them had significantly dropped from the original ones.

I posted a coupld of pictures of what the "Tynecastle Tartan" should look like on the previous page. Is the one you bought similar to that?

Ah, sorry someone else said red, I think I've done the missquote thing.  I would say it's closest to the one on the left on John's picture.

IMG_3151.thumb.JPG.e7521a17b6fd8e7775ad61d9ebaeb4a1.JPG

30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Are the same quality as the original ones?  Don't think colour was the only issue.

Not sure, I've not seen any of the original ones.  It seems OK quality to me but without anything to compare it to, I'm not sure I can really answer.

Bungalow Bill
20 hours ago, John said:

20171219_161029.jpg

So looks like the ‘good’ scarf has the emblem stitched at the sides, the ‘red’ scarf has the emblem stitched top and bottom.  

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

From Twitter..

DRkfBB2X0AELWwU.jpg

The colour looks totally different in my opinion. If people who have bought one are happy with the new ones colour and quality then fair enough. 

B3746561-4438-4617-8429-0B00620E8C20.jpeg

33E7B87E-033E-435D-A2AA-33A91E8951C5.jpeg

211F0E09-CFD0-480B-8712-F909525C6D6C.jpeg

Shanks said no
44 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

The colour looks totally different in my opinion. If people who have bought one are happy with the new ones colour and quality then fair enough. 

B3746561-4438-4617-8429-0B00620E8C20.jpeg

33E7B87E-033E-435D-A2AA-33A91E8951C5.jpeg

211F0E09-CFD0-480B-8712-F909525C6D6C.jpeg

I know I am colour blind but those jackets are completely different tartans

2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

From Twitter..

DRkfBB2X0AELWwU.jpg

I think they actually look pretty decent based on that picture, though obviously you can't tell how good the quality is or how much the lighting of the picture is affecting the colour. Beyond the difference in the maroon colours, it's clear that they are completely different scarves. The grey sections are far larger and more prominent in the new ones.

53 minutes ago, jambo1980 said:

I think they actually look pretty decent based on that picture, though obviously you can't tell how good the quality is or how much the lighting of the picture is affecting the colour. Beyond the difference in the maroon colours, it's clear that they are completely different scarves. The grey sections are far larger and more prominent in the new ones.

They are a totally different weave obviously from another supplier.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I know I am colour blind but those jackets are completely different tartans

I'll have some of what youre drinking. They're identical. Maybe just the angle of the camera and the light. That and the tailored cut on the dress jacket. :rolleyes2:

Just received this e-mail from Hearts -

“Scarf Update 

At the beginning of November the club launched the new Tynecastle Park Tartan with a range of kilts and trews to be made by its partner, Slanj.

At the same time, the club brought out a scarf in Tynecastle Park tartan and this provided to be

an instant hit with fans with the initial run selling out in record time. At that point, the club was inundated with requests for additional scarves to be available for Christmas.

In order to meet this deadline, the Club and Slanj had to commission scarves from another production house in Scotland.  The new scarves are, however, slightly different in shade and pattern size from the initial run.  Whilst they are undoubtedly Hearts tartan scarves, they do not match the initial run of Tynecastle Park tartan scarves.

We would assure fans that the quality of the second batch is just as high as the first.  Whilst many purchasers are happy with the current batch of scarves, we do understand some fans may be frustrated that both scarves do not match exactly and that the second batch does not fully replicate the new Tynecastle Park tartan. 

Whilst we are confident that the majority of those who have purchased the new scarf are happy with it, we will be happy to issue a refund to any fans wishing to return new scarves.

The new scarves will remain on sale and an additional batch of the original Tynecastle Park tartan scarves have been ordered. The club will let you know when these are available for purchase

Marilyn Stewart

Head of Retail”

14 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Just received this e-mail from Hearts -

“Scarf Update 

At the beginning of November the club launched the new Tynecastle Park Tartan with a range of kilts and trews to be made by its partner, Slanj.

At the same time, the club brought out a scarf in Tynecastle Park tartan and this provided to be

an instant hit with fans with the initial run selling out in record time. At that point, the club was inundated with requests for additional scarves to be available for Christmas.

In order to meet this deadline, the Club and Slanj had to commission scarves from another production house in Scotland.  The new scarves are, however, slightly different in shade and pattern size from the initial run.  Whilst they are undoubtedly Hearts tartan scarves, they do not match the initial run of Tynecastle Park tartan scarves.

We would assure fans that the quality of the second batch is just as high as the first.  Whilst many purchasers are happy with the current batch of scarves, we do understand some fans may be frustrated that both scarves do not match exactly and that the second batch does not fully replicate the new Tynecastle Park tartan. 

Whilst we are confident that the majority of those who have purchased the new scarf are happy with it, we will be happy to issue a refund to any fans wishing to return new scarves.

The new scarves will remain on sale and an additional batch of the original Tynecastle Park tartan scarves have been ordered. The club will let you know when these are available for purchase

Marilyn Stewart

Head of Retail”

A long winded way of saying there's been a balls up but they'll have the right tartan in sometime next year imo

10 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

A long winded way of saying there's been a balls up but they'll have the right tartan in sometime next year imo

Rarity value. Pile in now...

24 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Correct.

Ordered no where near enough of the original batch of scarves in November and to try and cash in for the Christmas spending spree they have used another supplier who have produced a scarf that has a different colour, design and is inferior in quality.

I’ll be waiting until the real Tynecastle Tartan scarves come back in early next year before buying one.

6 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

From Twitter..

DRkfBB2X0AELWwU.jpg

I can't 'be the only one that this this is better than the original Hearts tartan? 

Maroon Sailor
51 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Correct.

Ordered no where near enough of the original batch of scarves in November and to try and cash in for the Christmas spending spree they have used another supplier who have produced a scarf that has a different colour, design and is inferior in quality.

I’ll be waiting until the real Tynecastle Tartan scarves come back in early next year before buying one.

Club trying to fleece the fans again and pull the wool over our eyes. Bah humbugs

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Club trying to fleece the fans again and pull the wool over our eyes. Bah humbugs

Must think we're sheep.

The Natural Order

The original club tartan was better in my opinion. Gutted I never got it in a scarf at the time.

Albert Tatlock

I have decided to keep the four I bought as presents, but will explain the situation and if the people want an original then I will exchange. However, thinking on what Dave Maclaren said last night, these 500 duffers may actually be worth something in future.

Also, can’t be arsed having to go Christmas shopping again. ?

I currently have the away shirt and the Mrs has been at me on what I want for xmas, so iv said grab me a newhearts too but not sure between the home or 3rd top. But looking online the 3rd doesn’t look like they have any mediums. Does this mean the shop won’t either? 

Also as a adult is it acceptable to get a player on the back or is it sad? Lol

Ordered stuff online, been working abroad, for xmas presents open it up and the order is wrong. The receipt in the bag is correct but items totally different. Tried calling several times but no answer, emailed them no answer. Looks like i will have to go into the shop on sunday now to try and get the items that I ordered. 

2 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

Was there still tartan scarves in stock did you notice?

I am heading in 1st thing tomorrow.

Yes there was. It was busy though. :thumbsup:

The tartan cushions look a good shout though, fancy a few of those. :)

Archived