Tynecastle Events LTD

Djm1874

I’ve noticed when buying my half time pie that the girls behind the kiosks are wearing  Tynecastle events t-shits. Does this mean that the club are not directly running or making money from the food and drink sales? Tynecastle events ltd seem to be a dormant company with budge,Hogg and levein all listed as directors. Would be disappointed if a separate or sister company was making money out of hearts unless any profits etc are paid back to the club. I could be way off the mark and if someone can correct me or has more knowledge if I’m right or wrong please do tell ? Thanks HHGH

2 minutes ago, Djm1874 said:

If it’s to separate costs then surely that means you want to do the same to the profits!?

Was a guess, had hoped someone would've corrected me by now :D 

Lots of companies have parent companies and work under that umbrella but as a differently registered company. Prob just to seperate out that side of the business , could be that we develop Tynecastle Events as a brand though. Events at Tynie , hospitality things etc. Make it financially stand on its own two feet and utilise that to fund improvements to the ground , facilities etc as we move forward so it doesn’t impact on club finances. Ie a percentage every year is paid to the club for Tynecastle Events operating on the premises.

I don’t know much about Catering etc but could also be for Vat and Tax purposes to allow maximum revenue. 

Standard practice to run as its own profit and loss. Removes liability but also gives the ability to set separate financial targets, create its own structure and grow as a separate part off the business.

9 hours ago, Djm1874 said:

I’ve noticed when buying my half time pie that the girls behind the kiosks are wearing  Tynecastle events t-shits. Does this mean that the club are not directly running or making money from the food and drink sales? Tynecastle events ltd seem to be a dormant company with budge,Hogg and levein all listed as directors. Would be disappointed if a separate or sister company was making money out of hearts unless any profits etc are paid back to the club. I could be way off the mark and if someone can correct me or has more knowledge if I’m right or wrong please do tell ? Thanks HHGH

During your research did you check who the shareholder* is? 

Shareholder, singular. One share.

47 minutes ago, Nixie said:

Standard practice to run as its own profit and loss. Removes liability but also gives the ability to set separate financial targets, create its own structure and grow as a separate part off the business.

Correct.

There is no sinister reason.

5 hours ago, Ryder said:

EF533870-9D94-4819-B956-977C26827D24.png

Surely the questions that should be asked are

Why is the DOF a director of Tynecastle Events Ltd increasing any problems in getting rid of him, should he fail in his current role as Manager. It seems that the general opinion is if he fails then he could not return to his old role as Director of Football

What role may he have after FOH take over control in approximately 3 years time

I know that Craig is a Director of Hearts but many companies have subsidiary companies for the separation of costs and profit. However they do not have the same directors as the Parent company

zoltan socrates
16 minutes ago, sandy37 said:

Why is the DOF a director of Tynecastle Events Ltd increasing any problems in getting rid of him, should he fail in his current role as Manager. It seems that the general opinion is if he fails then he could not return to his old role as Director of Football

I know that Craig is a Director of Hearts but many companies have subsidiary companies for the separation of costs and profit. However they do not have the same directors as the Parent company

Ive generally found 5he opposite to be true in that directors will cover a multitude of roles/posts, this situation is far from uncommon

21 minutes ago, sandy37 said:

Tbh that whole post just comes across as not really caring if he’s doing a good job in his many roles at the club, because you just don’t like him and want rid of him.

I know sod all about business but as far as I know, most football clubs like us (plc’s) divide operations into smaller scale departments. Generally easier to manage and evaluate costs and intakes.

Tynecastle events I believe do the catering at hospitality, gorgie live etc. I think it must be the side of the business who deals with the catering side of things at the club.

They also do the hospitality stuff at Edinburgh rugby at meggetland. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Does it mean we could do weddings bar mitzvahs and inferior Edinburgh football teams catering too?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Does it mean we could do weddings bar mitzvahs and inferior Edinburgh football teams catering too?

:spoton:

Archived