Diddy Cup Final

graygo

14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Rogers must be very proud of this fantastic achievement.  What a runaway success he's been in Wales and Scotland.  Pity he was such a stunning failure everywhere else.

?????

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I get the sentiment but think your anger of another ref siding with them is clouding your judgement.

That Celtic team humped the Belgian champs 3-0. They also won three qualifiers v other champions.

Many sides want  to just  make it the group stages now, thats the way it is for 2nd or third tier sides in Europe now.

They would piss the championship

They are a decent side.

They are also cheating tramp's.

Not sure I agree with the “they would piss the championship” * however I wholeheartedly agree with the last sentence 

* unless it was the Scottish one ??

August Landmesser
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just goes to show what a decent scouting system and knowledge of the loan market can achieve. 

For a team that get 5 to 6 thousand at Fir Park that is pretty good going. 

Meanwhile at Tynecastle......

Meanwhile at Tynecastle we have an African Cup of Nations winner, we sold a freebie from Palace reserves for £1.5m, we have two international centre backs, and two other internationals, and a Scotland U21 cb.

But yeah, Motherwell have a scout.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Meanwhile at Tynecastle we have an African Cup of Nations winner, we sold a freebie from Palace reserves for £1.5m, we have two international centre backs, and two other internationals, and a Scotland U21 cb.

But yeah, Motherwell have a scout.

ACN winner - raging success ? 

Sow - who was recommended by our then goal keeper ?

Berra - here purely for family reasons ?

Hughes - complete failure who hopefully is paid  to play.

But yeah, HMFC has a scouting system. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:lol:

Well if you think our signing policy and scouting system have been up to scratch in recent times then that's your prerogative. 

I think it's been dire and I think our results prove I'm correct on this occasion.

That'll be the Well we've finished well above after our promotion twice while at the same time building a new stand.

Yip, they are the benchmark in scouting players. 

Motherwell who we've finished above twice the last two seasons and hibs who taken 3 years to get promoted seem to be the way forward according to this place.

I sometimes wonder if folk think before they brain fart all over the place.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Rogers must be very proud of this fantastic achievement.  What a runaway success he's been in Wales and Scotland.  Pity he was such a stunning failure everywhere else.

A manager's, who's weekly salary is near the full squad of said team they just beat.

He's a Slavering arsehole.

... can't wait until we skelp them in 3 weeks ?

August Landmesser
25 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

That'll be the Well we've finished well above after our promotion twice while at the same time building a new stand.

Yip, they are the benchmark in scouting players. 

Motherwell who we've finished above twice the last two seasons and hibs who taken 3 years to get promoted seem to be the way forward according to this place.

I sometimes wonder if folk think before they brain fart all over the place.

Also, the calls for Tommy Wright for manager.

This place can be odd sometimes.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Also, the calls for Tommy Wright for manager.

This place can be odd sometimes.

Wright, Hartley, pressley, Houston..... things aren't great, but I shudder at some of the calls on here.

Ian black, who is playing in about the 10th tier of English football was also being touted a few weeks ago as the answer to our midfield issues.

The problem is if that decision had gone against Celtic there would be death threats towards Thompson and then we would have refs going on strike again.

car crash refereeing again that ruined what was starting to look like a decent cup final. Could not have poor brenda's wee record under threat.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ok I'll be honest here. You have a good point about Motherwell and the fact that we have finished above them. 

My point was generally about our scouting / loan system in recent times and I used them as an example ie getting in Moult. I never mentioned Hibs.

Surely you must accept that the fact that we have players playing in 'wrong' positions, no pace and little creativity, cannot just be put down to bad luck or the fact we have built a new stand.

I did think before I brain farted all over the place.

It's all about opinions.

Let's all hope that Levein gets some decent business done in January. 

We need to improve, definitely.

What piss"s me off is that , on here st johnstone, Motherwell, hibs and the likes get bummed up all the time despite being generally shite.

Cathro clearly taken us back, and cl needs to fix us. He knows what we're lacking and we need to let him fix the mess he's partly responsible for.

Motherwell, hibs aren't the benchmark.

The likes of Wright, mcann, Houston, pressley... Davie's etc aren't our mgt answer, and Ian black isn't the answer to our player issues.

The brain fart comment was in response to the general nonesense in relation to the above as opposed to a personal dig at you- appoligies.

Cl better get some decent business in January done or he'll likely be sacked by February!

What give me hope is that we only actually need maybe 3 good players, 4 if walker leaves. Recruit well and we could kick on really well.

Archived