Diddy Cup Final

graygo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Diddy Cup Final.giphy.gif

Because we are in a position to slag, I tell you what I’d love to even get to a final of any sort.

Me too, still the diddy cup though  ;)

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, graygo said:

Me too, still the diddy cup though  ;)

I just don’t like that chat mate at all. We are not in a position to demean the competition. We haven’t won it in my lifetime. However it’s smaller than SC which I’ve seen us win two times.

Stephane Grappelli
4 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I just don’t like that chat mate at all. We are not in a position to demean the competition. We haven’t won it in my lifetime. However it’s smaller than SC which I’ve seen us win two times.

Spot on mate.  This daddy cup chat is rancid.

6 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Spot on mate.  This daddy cup chat is rancid.

I'm not sorry at all that I may have offended you, it's the diddy cup.

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, graygo said:

No offence taken my friend.  Have a wonderful day.

Lucille's Thirsty
14 minutes ago, graygo said:

Fair enough. 

Lucille's Thirsty

I’d love for Celtic to not only lose their record of unbeaten games but to lose a final too would be glorious.

Did motherwell go out and buy a new team in summer? Must admit moult and Cadden are the only players I recognise in their side

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, BigAlim said:

Did motherwell go out and buy a new team in summer? Must admit moult and Cadden are the only players I recognise in their side

Moult and Cadden I’d love to see them in a maroon shirt. Would improve our side ten fold.

Lucille's Thirsty
1 minute ago, crichiejambos said:

Diddy cup or no I'd still rather be watching us playing in the final

:lol:

As if CJ, some of our own fans would have you think we’re above the competition, it’s a major trophy and I was gutted when we lost to St Mirren. If nothing else would be a great day out for our fans which we richly deserve for what we’ve done.

4 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

As if CJ, some of our own fans would have you think we’re above the competition, it’s a major trophy and I was gutted when we lost to St Mirren. If nothing else would be a great day out for our fans which we richly deserve for what we’ve done.

Couldn't agree more, I would love us to win the diddy cup.

crichiejambos
5 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Definately, and yes to Inverness in the semi was sickening and the final v st Mirren I think was worse. Celtic have possibly more need to rubbish it but they obviously want to win it..

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Couldn't agree more, I would love us to win the diddy cup.

I’m all for Hearts winning the Mickey Mouse Cup.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’m all for Hearts winning the Mickey Mouse Cup.

Yes, I believe the older generation called it the Mickey Mouse cup ;)

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

It wasn't just losing that final that hurt, it was a massive chance to have both the Scottish cup and League cup in team photos. When will that ever happen again !

Just now, graygo said:

Yes, I believe the older generation called it the Mickey Mouse cup ;)

Lucille's Thirsty
7 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It wasn't just losing that final that hurt, it was a massive chance to have both the Scottish cup and League cup in team photos. When will that ever happen again !

I would’ve hurt even more had it not been 10 months on from what was the derby of all time. I think the fact we won that in such historic and convincing fashion we sort of brushed it off. 

Stephane Grappelli

I wonder if Johnny Cumming, who won it four times, called it either of these stupid names.  Folk need to have a word with themselves.  No club should sneer at a major trophy and we certainly shouldn't.

Bazzas right boot

The lc  v St Mirren was terrible- a real low for me, as was the ICT semi final

Losing in a national final v them  was a shocker- look at them the last few  years as well.

On topic 1-0 Celtic, Motherwell been pish, basically waiting on Celtic to score.

The LC has seen some horror results for  us  recently - look  at this season. terrible record in that cup for a club our size.

Moult goes close as I type!

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

That's it over. PSG has been forgotten about and Celtic think they're top dawgs again. Borefest

Let’s hope Motherwell don’t fold now.

26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just goes to show what a decent scouting system and knowledge of the loan market can achieve. 

For a team that get 5 to 6 thousand at Fir Park that is pretty good going. 

Meanwhile at Tynecastle......

Moult was a punt from the lower leagues much like Stockton. They can go either way. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I would’ve hurt even more had it not been 10 months on from what was the derby of all time. I think the fact we won that in such historic and convincing fashion we sort of brushed it off. 

If we had just been able to hang onto that team and manager for another season but we now know the reason we couldn't. 

I still think John McGlynn for all his faults would have got us a positive outcome in the final rather than the rookie Locke.

It was a crazy decision to change boss on the eve of a final!

For a Diddy Cup, Celtic are hell bent on winning it every year.

I laugh when some Hearts fans, not all, dismiss it. Seeing we’re a smaller club who’ve only won it 4 times.

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I wonder if Johnny Cumming, who won it four times, called it either of these stupid names.  Folk need to have a word with themselves.  No club should sneer at a major trophy and we certainly shouldn't.

Your last sentence is bang on Stephane.

Just now, Debut 4 said:

I laugh when some Hearts fans, not all, dismiss it. Seeing we’re a smaller club who’ve only won it 4 times.

Only ever really heard it called that once Hibs won it... was this terminology used before then?

michael_bolton

Our League Cup record is a disgrace. The annoying thing is that our exit is so often self-inflicted. We've had some terrible League Cup exits over the years.

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Correct Debut.

Celtic try to win everything they enter and that’s the way it should be.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Deflection of  our piss poor record in the comp.

Bazzas right boot

Now  that's its over, hope Celtic hammer them bring down Well's confidence and send them on a downward spiral.

More outrageously poor Referring. How can the SFA justify these tests wages?

cheating of the highest standard by a player who doesn’t need to do it. 

Archived