Diddy Cup Final

graygo

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Have they mentioned the huge financial gulf between the teams yet?

You know that only happens when they (Celtic) play in Europe. It most definitely does not apply in the domestic scene.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucille's Thirsty

What annoys me the most is that they are so far in front of everyone in the domestic scene and yet they get a decisive decision in their favour all the time, it never goes against them.

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If it wasn’t for Hearts, I’d ditch Scottish Football at the drop of a hat. Absolutely tinpot beyond belief. The English are right, It’s a bloody pub league.

A pub league made up from the dodgy pubs around The Barras and the Paisley Rd west.

2 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Still baffles me that Brown gets to stroll around the way he does, is there simply nobody playing in Scotland willing to put one on this vile ***** of a human.

The standard of Scottish football allows that clown to do such so

I'd love to see him wrecked

Bazzas right boot

So Scott, why did you cheat  and how do you feel about all the anti British songs sung by your horrible fans ?

he should be done for cheating.

He said-

I felt contact and went down, didn't even say the contact made me lose  my balance/ blah blah -, basically admitted a dive.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

What annoys me the most is that they are so far in front of everyone in the domestic scene and yet they get a decisive decision in their favour all the time, it never goes against them.

The Motherwell guy was lucky to stay on the park.

I think our refs are just bad as opposed to bias now.

9 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Still baffles me that Brown gets to stroll around the way he does, is there simply nobody playing in Scotland willing to put one on this vile ***** of a human.

I'd be quite delighted if someone hammered him

Wednesday night was a delicious watch. PSG made a proper ***** of him

On the diddy/wee/Mickey Mouse cup debate, some of us will remember when winning the League cup used to come with a EUFA Cup qualifying space.  Now it's 'just' a cup and some cash.  But as long as it's part of the season's fixtures, I'd far rather win it than not win it.

Lucille's Thirsty

No mention of the financial gap between the two teams yet but when Celtic get smashed from a great team it’s the first words out of pundits mouths.

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

The Motherwell guy was lucky to stay on the park.

I think our refs are just bad as opposed to bias now.

There's debate and opinion with those tackles though.

Thomson is basically cheating because there is no way he sees a shirt being pulled. He makes that decision up then gives himself no option but to send the boy off.

Sinclair is a cheating diver, nothing new there.

Stephane Grappelli
31 minutes ago, graygo said:

Get a grip man, pretty sure it wasn't the club having a go at it.

I never said it was, you bonkers banana.

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I wonder if Johnny Cumming, who won it four times, called it either of these stupid names.  Folk need to have a word with themselves.  No club should sneer at a major trophy and we certainly shouldn't.

41 minutes ago, graygo said:

Get a grip man, pretty sure it wasn't the club having a go at it.

9 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I never said it was, you bonkers banana.

"Aye ye did" said the bonkers banana.  :rofl:

Anyway, back to matters at hand. What a shower of cheating bassas, thank feck we weren't playing them today.

Once again a terrible refereeing decision ruins what was starting to become a half decent game, Motherwell were beginning to get themselves back in that game until Sinclair & Thomson cheated.

If I were Betfred I'd insist that Craig Thomson never referees another game that they sponsor, because he's just ruined their showcase Final.

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, graygo said:

"Aye ye did" said the bonkers banana.  :rofl:

Anyway, back to matters at hand. What a shower of cheating bassas, thank feck we weren't playing them today.

You've picked me up wrong old bean.

2 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Then I apologise.

Another boring Sunday getting the better of me.  :(

Stephane Grappelli
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Then I apologise.

Another boring Sunday getting the better of me.  :(

Same here.  Not helped by those jammy, cheating ***** winning!

6 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

'kidney' argue with that.

crichiejambos
39 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

He is just that a disgusting wee turd! Everybody and their dog builds him up to be some kind Scottish eqivilant of Xavi Jesus....and as for being a hard man who was it that hammered him at tynecastle couple seasons ago? Cup I think Bauben maybe first 5 minuets he started whinging and doing the imaginary card thing think our guy got his jotters? Twat

Just now, crichiejambos said:

He is just that a disgusting wee turd! Everybody and their dog builds him up to be some kind Scottish eqivilant of Xavi Jesus....and as for being a hard man who was it that hammered him at tynecastle couple seasons ago? Cup I think Bauben maybe first 5 minuets he started whinging and doing the imaginary card thing think our guy got his jotters? Twat

Gomis.

13 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Sinclair will get a ban surely.

Take it your tongue is firmly in your cheek Oliver?

William H. Bonney
13 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

If by ban you mean player of the month then yes. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

The only good thing about Thomson is that it will piss off the inbred twats from Leith.

They won't even consider that he got it correct in the 5-1 rimjob.

:fth:

:phface:

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Any excuse would be half "baked".

'broad'ly speaking, you're correct.

Jambof3tornado

Psg spend 7 times the amount celtic do. Celtic spend 14 times the amount motherwell do.

Thats a financial gulf alright.

No need for the ref to cheat though.

8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:
8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Psg spend 7 times the amount celtic do. Celtic spend 14 times the amount motherwell do.

Thats a financial gulf alright.

No need for the ref to cheat though.

Did you just make those figures up or do you actually believe that to be true?

Holyrood_Hearts

It was a decent game, & even at 1-0 Motherwell were still in it. Gordon makes a great save from Moult. 

All the media will only focus on Thomson’s mistake (which he fully deserves the criticism) but Scott Sinclair has still cheated & this will be over looked by the media. 

The Apprentice

Dembele has dived a few times recently and it hasn’t been called out once so would be surprised if Sinclair gets done. File under John Guidetti - utterly sickening! 

GloriousHeartz

Fiddly Cup, Diddy Cup, Sissy Cup what ever we're calling it we've not won it for half a century, in fact I cant even remember when the last time we won a football match.

Holyrood_Hearts
9 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Dembele has dived a few times recently and it hasn’t been called out once so would be surprised if Sinclair gets done. File under John Guidetti - utterly sickening! 

Guidetti “slipped” accordingly to the Compliance Officer, despite appealing for the pen. Absolutely no chance Sinclair will get charged. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Irrespective if he were to get a retrospective ban or not, Motherwell's chance is gone and unless the authorities were to order that the game be played again from the moment of the cheating, then it makes no difference whatsoever if Sinclair or anybody else for that matter were to get a ban after the event.

Instant Video replay's would have shown that

1. It wasn't a penalty.

2. Kipre would therefore not have been sent off. 

3. Sinclair should then have been booked for diving. 

4. There would still have been a game to be won or lost.

14 minutes ago, GloriousHeartz said:

Just out of interest can anyone remember our weekly wage under Romanov?

i found  link that said our yearly wage bill in 2008 was £12.5M

GloriousHeartz
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i found  link that said our yearly wage bill in 2008 was £12.5M

So the average was about £9k a week in a squad of 30 players. 

39 minutes ago, GloriousHeartz said:

sniff

23 minutes ago, graygo said:

Trying to remember a time when I've seen our club's name spelled with "z" in it........

Exactly what I though as well.

Sniff, sniff, sniff.

Scottish football is a real sickener. Celtic win another domestic trophy against a team of 10 nobodies. They can't even win fairly. They get help from the authorities officials who were in charge today. There is not a team in the league capable of giving them a challenge so how bad are the rest of us?

Celtic is a poor team! That squad would struggle at the bottom of the English Championship without decisions going their way in every game they play!

Witness their abysmal performances in Europe. They have conceded 17 goals in 5 games. You would expect a Scottish team to at least make the country proud but this lot are a disgrace. They take satisfaction in just being in the tournament which is a shocking indictment of their arrogance and self-gloating!

They are Scotland's answer to Liverpool living on a history now half a century old. Neither of them will reach the heights previously achieved, again! 

If Celtic qualify to represent the country in Europe next year then the authorities should say - "No thank you. We withdraw, we don't have a team capable of rousing the nation's hopes".

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GloriousHeartz said:

Ha ha, we had about 130 players!

3 minutes ago, Number28 said:

Scottish football is a real sickener. Celtic win another domestic trophy against a team of 10 nobodies. They can't even win fairly. They get help from the authorities officials who were in charge today. There is not a team in the league capable of giving them a challenge so how bad are the rest of us?

Celtic is a poor team! That squad would struggle at the bottom of the English Championship without decisions going their way in every game they play!

Witness their abysmal performances in Europe. They have conceded 17 goals in 5 games. You would expect a Scottish team to at least make the country proud but this lot are a disgrace. They take satisfaction in just being in the tournament which is a shocking indictment of their arrogance and self-gloating!

They are Scotland's answer to Liverpool living on a history now half a century old. Neither of them will reach the heights previously achieved, again! 

If Celtic qualify to represent the country in Europe next year then the authorities should say - "No thank you. We withdraw, we don't have a team capable of rousing the nation's hopes".

:rofl: FFS.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Number28 said:

I get the sentiment but think your anger of another ref siding with them is clouding your judgement.

That Celtic team humped the Belgian champs 3-0. They also won three qualifiers v other champions.

Many sides want  to just  make it the group stages now, thats the way it is for 2nd or third tier sides in Europe now.

They would piss the championship

They are a decent side.

They are also cheating tramp's.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, EreWeG0.. said:

200w.gif

Celtic prepare his defence case.

Lol, but if that was the weapon used it would have blown him to piece's, that's a cannon!

Rogers must be very proud of this fantastic achievement.  What a runaway success he's been in Wales and Scotland.  Pity he was such a stunning failure everywhere else.

Archived