Diddy Cup Final

graygo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mulleted_jambo

I thought it wasn’t a red under the new rules?

wasnt a penalty anyway so better be a two match ban for Sinclair 

I thought the rule had changed to that being a yellow not a red. Be interesting to see if Sinclair gets a retrospective red for diving. 

Just now, mulleted_jambo said:

I thought it wasn’t a red under the new rules?

wasnt a penalty anyway so better be a two match ban for Sinclair 

Haven't seen it but it's a red if the offence is shirt pulling or the like. Genuine attempt to win the ball isn't. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Thomson had the whistle to his mouth before Sinclair hit the ground

tbf, allot of refs keep the whistle in their  mouth......

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Unfortunately ours seem to only go one way these days....

Can't argue with that :lol:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I thought the rule had changed to that being a yellow not a red. Be interesting to see if Sinclair gets a retrospective red for diving. 

if its a pull of the shirt, then its a red.

CT has  thought the well boy pulled his shirt, under the rules that is still a red.

If he gives the pk for a shirt pull on Sinclair who is in on goal, its a red.

The problem being it wasn't a  pull in the first place, his hand  just touched Sinclair!

Lucille's Thirsty

That’s a double whammy that for Well.

Not even a pen and a red card too boot.

would that happen to Celtic in a similar position I doubt it.

ToadKiller Dog

Poor old Celtic always cheated never defeated. 

At the other end it would be no penalty and the well player booked for diving. 

Just now, Lucille's Thirsty said:

That’s a double whammy that for Well.

Not even a pen and a red card too boot.

would that happen to Celtic in a similar position I doubt it.

Not a chance that would happen to Celtic. 

Disgusting cheating Scum. Not only do they have substantially more money than everybody they just cant help themselves cheating.

Sinclair must be banned for diving.

Lucille's Thirsty

I thought Well had a chance. 

1-0 down but still in it then that decision. Happens far too often to Celtic’s advantage. 

Brown the big shot in the sanctuary of Scottish football. Looking to ridicule his fellow professionals. 

This is the same horrible ***** who got the ****ing pish ripped clean out of him in Paris the other night. More than any other player that night

Horrible piece of ****ing scum 

All roads lead to Gorgie

We can't have celtic victimised again by retrospective bans or anything like that surely.

Bazzas right boot

People  will focus on CT, but in this case Sinclair has cheated. Time  players got hammered  for this.

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I thought Well had a chance. 

1-0 down but still in it then that decision. Happens far too often to Celtic’s advantage. 

Exactly - it's killed the match

These kind of decisions in favour of Celtic and Rangers have been rife in Scottish football for years, certainly in my lifetime. Hard enough to beat them as it is without the ref making it nigh on impossible.

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, Spencer said:

Brown the big shot in the sanctuary of Scottish football. Looking to ridicule his fellow professionals. 

This is the same horrible ***** who got the ****ing pish ripped clean out of him in Paris the other night. More than any other player that night

Horrible piece of ****ing scum 

There’s a reason he’s never left Scottish football and never tried to test himself, he’d get found within the first 10 minutes.

Flat track bully and big fish in a small pond come to mind very much like Celtic as a football club.

jambo-in-furness

Pointless watching anymore, I've switched it off, the SFA bias toward the uglies has been ruining football in all the time I have been attending, and that's the early early 60s.

crichiejambos

At least Sutton saw it for what it was a dive....but it's been ruined as a spectacle and the manky eastenders lift the cup whoop whoop,you really cant  see a change in fortunes in regards anybody else winning things when things like that happen...

ToadKiller Dog
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We can't have celtic victimised again by retrospective bans or anything like that surely.

What we will see is celtic praised as coming back from a gubbing in Paris with a fine win at Hampden, clearing the memory from Wednesday. 

There will be no media effort for a retrospective red card for diving, like any other club more so ours would face. 

Shooter McGavin

To be fair, if the ref hadn’t given it & Motherwell went on to win, the ref would have to leave the country.

19 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I wonder if Johnny Cumming, who won it four times, called it either of these stupid names.  Folk need to have a word with themselves.  No club should sneer at a major trophy and we certainly shouldn't.

Get a grip man, pretty sure it wasn't the club having a go at it.

There's Celtic fans on twitter saying it's a stone waller and trying to back it up...

Worse decision than when that Ross County player got booked for shouting at Scott Brown

Disgusting that they've benefited from a referreeing decision again.

Totally wrecked the game as a contest.

Cheating scum. Always have been , always will be.  It’s why I don’t watch any game they play I’m apart from the ones v them at Tynecastle obviously. 

Ruined a final by cheating and to think they wanted Jamie Walker hung. Despise that outfit

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

To be fair, if the ref hadn’t given it & Motherwell went on to win, the ref would have to leave the country.

Agreed.

He’ll get less attention for making the wrong decision because it’s to Celtic’s advantage. If he made the correct call and give Well a free kick and booked Sinclair for diving he would’ve been hounded out of the country.

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

And now the IRA songs appear ??????

They songs would be getting belted out prior in the pubs  and from KO thats what they sing

Though some how they dont go back to where they sing about  which is a pity

Ref killing a game in favour of them again

The only team I really hate is Celtic and plenty reasons to justify that hate

Bazzas right boot

Motherwell should have been down to ten earlier, it could be argued.

CT has got everything wrong in this final

Shooter McGavin

If it wasn’t for Hearts, I’d ditch Scottish Football at the drop of a hat. Absolutely tinpot beyond belief. The English are right, It’s a bloody pub league.

2 minutes ago, mulleted_jambo said:

Looking forwards to the pundits suggesting a retrospective ban ?

Quite few have made reference to this but is it not the case that as it is an SFL game our dear (asleep/on holiday/temporary loss of sight for 3 days) compliance officer only works on SFA games?

mulleted_jambo
Just now, 7628mm said:

Quite few have made reference to this but is it not the case that as it is an SFL game our dear (asleep/on holiday/temporary loss of sight for 3 days) compliance officer only works on SFA games?

Ah really I must have missed it. It’s the league cup so think it’s the SPFL compliance officers the same  as the league. 

At at least you know tam Cowan won’t keep quiet about it!

I'm raging at that decision. Totally spoiled a good game. Why cheat when you are so far ahead of everyone. They will be moaning in a few weeks that its the standard of scottish football that costs them in Europe as well. Utter scum bags. Hate them. 

6 minutes ago, mulleted_jambo said:

Ah really I must have missed it. It’s the league cup so think it’s the SPFL compliance officers the same  as the league. 

At at least you know tam Cowan won’t keep quiet about it!

I had no idea that the Compliance officer worked for both.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/511607/video-dundee-v-celtic-dive-celtics-scott-sinclair-articleisfree/

Not the dive, but another far worse. You can clearly see he clips his own heels but does absolutely nothing in the way of sportsmanship by just sitting accepting the penalty (particularly the 2nd video).

Arsehole.

Still baffles me that Brown gets to stroll around the way he does, is there simply nobody playing in Scotland willing to put one on this vile ***** of a human.

Archived