***Official Hearts v Ross County Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

Gavin Reilly scores for st midden 

16 goals this season - even if it is the championship

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was unde the impression that we were going to start winning when we returned to Tynecastle.

Couldn’t score in Lochend with a 100 quid not sticking out our arse.

wheatfield to sheffield
Just now, Clark Griswold said:

Gavin Reilly scores for st midden 

Is he on loan, or did we let him go completely?

Just "tuned in" - 9 shot on target and no goals...sigh.

Has their keeper been amazing or have they all been tame shite?

Disappointing result. Really thought we'd win today (admittedly not sure why)

Sounds like our best performance since the Aberdeen game. Sounds like just the keeper and bad finishing has stopped a thumping for County. Certainly in terms of chances 

Just now, Hearts007 said:

F/T 0-0

Unbeaten in front of the new stand.

No doubt this will be quoted on .Net before you can say 'sister'.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well, two points dropped and it is ENTIRELY the fault of Esmael Goncalves. Two gilt-edged chances squandered.

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

Sorry lads. Looks like my powers only extend to FTH

Act well, yer still a good lad :wink:

hearts related nickname
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well, two points dropped and it is ENTIRELY the fault of Esmael Goncalves. Two gilt-edged chances squandered.

Spot on. He can't score scrappy goals

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Simo said:

Just "tuned in" - 9 shot on target and no goals...sigh.

Has their keeper been amazing or have they all been tame shite?

Disappointing result. Really thought we'd win today (admittedly not sure why)

Nope. We squandered them. Goncalves missed two sitters, Stockton had a decent header straight at the keeper and the others didn't work the keeper.

2 minutes ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

unbeaten in front of the new stand

Against Partick and Ross County that really rates a mention:huh2:

There is a positive spin to put on this. Getting over 20 chances on goal is a step in the right direction and we didn't concede.

48 minutes ago, Bauld said:

If he's capable of turning in a performance for NI against some of the worlds best he's capable of doing it for us against Ross ****ing County. 

Not lately his last game for NI

was for his record

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Nope. We squandered them. Goncalves missed two sitters, Stockton had a decent header straight at the keeper and the others didn't work the keeper.

Cheers, disappointing but kind of what I suspected. As for Isma, I like him but I feel like I read that he's missed a sitter after every game...

Just now, Bauld said:

There is a positive spin to put on this. Getting over 20 chances on goal is a step in the right direction and we didn't concede.

You think not scoring against that lot from 20 chances is a step in the right direction then you're everything that's wrong with our support now, all too happy to accept mediocrity. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Simo said:

Cheers, disappointing but kind of what I suspected. As for Isma, I like him but I feel like I read that he's missed a sitter after every game...

I should add the two chances were after a decent strike by Walker and a goalbound header by Berra. The keeper did a Jamie MacDonald and both occasions and Goncalves passed them up.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Googly-eyed twat Jonathan Sutherland has just said that Lafferty had been suffering some illness.

Looked fine in the twitter pics yesterday of him dry humping his Mrs in their matching leather jackets

4 minutes ago, Simo said:

Yep he's a real "marmite" player. Scores a wonder goal from 20 yards then misses a sitter. Gonna have to stick with that kind of thing happening, if we persist in playing him.Not sure we have any real options.

Better team today played well. Should have scored at least two. Very frustrating but plenty positives to work on. Brandon shone for me today well done

Just now, Hearts lad said:

You think not scoring against that lot from 20 chances is a step in the right direction then you're everything that's wrong with our support now, all too happy to accept mediocrity. 

That's not my point. Confidence is built back slowly and keeping a clean sheet is a good thing against anyone. 

However we didn't park the bus. We went out to win the game. We failed but it's a vast improvement on previous attempts.

If we keep doing that goals will come and so will wins and confidence. 

After that hopefully January will see some faces who can make a difference.

It should have been ten
11 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

Not true, there's far more wrong with certain elements of our support these days than that!

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

That's not my point. Confidence is built back slowly and keeping a clean sheet is a good thing against anyone. 

However we didn't park the bus. We went out to win the game. We failed but it's a vast improvement on previous attempts.

If we keep doing that goals will come and so will wins and confidence. 

After that hopefully January will see some faces who can make a difference.

There needs a total overhaul of that squad and I'm not convinced Levein is the person to get it right. 

Just now, It should have been ten said:

Not true, there's far more wrong with certain elements of our support these days than that!

Enlighten us. 

The last two games are proof the table doesnt lie, bottom 6 teams with nowt splitting them. Tick tock for Craig now, it has to be.

14 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

I'm afraid that what's wrong with our support is staring right back at you when you look in the mirror!

Your assumption about what most Hearts fans are happy about is just that - your assumption and, it's about as accurate as your posts.

Of course we're not "happy" but, to say that was an improvement, especially in terms of our build up play being mainly on the deck, is simply stating the truth and does not justify your ignorant and misguided assessment of my, or anybody else's "happiness."

If one of those chances had went in nobody would be picking out negatives, we didn't do much wrong today and for once I'd say it was down to luck

It should have been ten
Just now, BigAlim said:

If one of those chances had went in nobody would be picking out negatives, we didn't do much wrong today and for once I'd say it was down to luck

Spot on mate 

HillmanHearts

Brandon, Djoum and Berra again good. If Isma scores the first easy one we go on to win comfortably. We were no means great but were a bit better - but we need a break and a win to kick on.

It should have been ten
Just now, Hearts007 said:

Preston saying we should have taken Brandon Barker when offered

If that's the case he's absolutely spot on :mad:

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I'm afraid that what's wrong with our support is staring right back at you when you look in the mirror!

Your assumption about what most Hearts fans are happy about is just that - your assumption and, it's about as accurate as your posts.

Of course we're not "happy" but, to say that was an improvement, especially in terms of our build up play being mainly on the deck, is simply stating the truth and does not justify your ignorant and misguided assessment of my, or anybody else's "happiness."

Maybe it's it's more I give a shit and can't see things changing under Levein. 

Just now, It should have been ten said:

If that's the case he's absolutely spot on :mad:

yep said we knocked him back so went to hobos

Archived