***Official Hearts v Ross County Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

If one of those chances had went in nobody would be picking out negatives, we didn't do much wrong today and for once I'd say it was down to luck

Agreed today was much much better , but luck goes both ways, they hit the post, and had what was apparently a good goal disallowed. lets just accept a better performance and hope we dont need any luck next week.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

yep said we knocked him back so went to hobos

but wait !! CL said we were looking for pace out wide ??? what happened there??

Just now, merrymac said:

yep that's the point Preston was making

Just now, Hearts007 said:

yep that's the point Preston was making

yep have to agree with him there

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I'm afraid that what's wrong with our support is staring right back at you when you look in the mirror!

Your assumption about what most Hearts fans are happy about is just that - your assumption and, it's about as accurate as your posts.

Of course we're not "happy" but, to say that was an improvement, especially in terms of our build up play being mainly on the deck, is simply stating the truth and does not justify your ignorant and misguided assessment of my, or anybody else's "happiness."

Bang on mate! :bravo:

30 minutes ago, Bauld said:

There is a positive spin to put on this. Getting over 20 chances on goal is a step in the right direction and we didn't concede.

There is absolutely no positive spin to put on pathetic home draws against these teams. As I’ve said before his our level now. We are no better or worse than the Ross County’s or Particks of this world. An absolute disgrace in my opinion. Our championship winning team would hammer the current side. That is a fact 

Just now, merrymac said:

he's clueless who can't see a much needed pacy wide player and apparently has a hearing problem aswell as he didn't hear any jeering/booing at the end.MUPPET

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

yep said we knocked him back so went to hobos

Brutal but sadly I'm not surprised. Massive head shake at our recruitment side of things <_<

4 minutes ago, bigmack said:

he's clueless who can't see a much needed pacy wide player and apparently has a hearing problem aswell as he didn't hear any jeering/booing at the end.MUPPET

They apparently were apologising for the bad language and abuse at the end of the match, on sportsound.

He needs Everest - for the window, and House of Hearing for his deafness.

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

There is absolutely no positive spin to put on pathetic home draws against these teams. As I’ve said before his our level now. We are no better or worse than the Ross County’s or Particks of this world. An absolute disgrace in my opinion. Our championship winning team would hammer the current side. That is a fact 

Hmmm, think you and me have a different interpretation of the word fact.

17 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I'm afraid that what's wrong with our support is staring right back at you when you look in the mirror!

Your assumption about what most Hearts fans are happy about is just that - your assumption and, it's about as accurate as your posts.

Of course we're not "happy" but, to say that was an improvement, especially in terms of our build up play being mainly on the deck, is simply stating the truth and does not justify your ignorant and misguided assessment of my, or anybody else's "happiness."

0-0 at home to Ross County - ROSS COUNTY !! - and our top striker is stuck on the bench until he is allowed a cameo at the end. 

We we deserve more guts from the management. We may not always win but we sure as hell should be playing on the front foot and forcing the issue the longer the game goes on. 

Just now, GlasgoJambo said:

Hmmm, think you and me have a different interpretation of the word fact.

Ok its not a fact as such, but you would have the current side over championship team, really??

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Played well.

Isma scores we are rocking n' rolling.

Brandon, Djoum, smith all good.

Skinny is a poor player, although we have no other option and Cochrane isn't ready for the first team and don't think Stockton is a solution.

Ross county were poor, one thing that puts me at ease is that we are better than the likes of partick thistle and Ross county and won't be near relegation.

We need to win a game, and fast tho, confidence is a good thing but also a hindrance when having a mare, we need that win.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Hamilton up next at Tynecastle. Hearts need a decent win to regain some confidence........

Haven't we been saying that for months?

21 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Preston saying we should have taken Brandon Barker when offered

Whoever was responsible for not signing Barker, if he was offered to us, needs emptied. He is exactly the type of player we are crying out for. I take it he didn't appear on the scouting website we use and isn't part of John Colquhoun's stable?

To be fair, there were positives today such as the performances of Brandon, Cochrane and Walker. We also seemed to have a greater urgency too. Ross County were quite happy to settle for a point and had we scored, Levein may well have retreated into his shell and there may have been a similar outcome to last week. Whatever happens, we ain't likely to hammer anyone as that isn't the game plan. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

0-0 at home to Ross County - ROSS COUNTY !! - and our top striker is stuck on the bench until he is allowed a cameo at the end. 

We we deserve more guts from the management. We may not always win but we sure as hell should be playing on the front foot and forcing the issue the longer the game goes on. 

Lafferty was ill ya madman-obviously unfit.

We couldn't have forced the issue any more.

You contradict yourself several times, we played with guts,creativity and were on the front foot most of the game. quality in front of goal was the issue.

Ross County played for the draw. Only had one chance of any note early on that hit the woodwork.

We played better today but we need somebody who can put the ball in the net.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Haven't we been saying that for months?

Yes.  But now the stand issue is settled all focus should be on the playing.  

3 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Ross County played for the draw. Only had one chance of any note early on that hit the woodwork.

We played better today but we need somebody who can put the ball in the net.

apart from the goal ruled out for offside which was apparently on side

26 minutes ago, rick witter said:

There is absolutely no positive spin to put on pathetic home draws against these teams. As I’ve said before this is our level now. We are no better or worse than the Ross County’s or Particks of this world. An absolute disgrace in my opinion. Our championship winning team would hammer the current side. That is a fact 

Didnt don’t do much wrong today and hammered them but the luck and quality wasn’t with us. Can’t be too hard on them to be fair. Our luck has to change. Ross County were annoying with their constant time wasting. Sooner we click the better

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Whoever was responsible for not signing Barker, if he was offered to us, needs emptied. He is exactly the type of player we are crying out for. I take it he didn't appear on the scouting website we use and isn't part of John Colquhoun's stable?

To be fair, there were positives today such as the performances of Brandon, Cochrane and Walker. We also seemed to have a greater urgency too. Ross County were quite happy to settle for a point and had we scored, Levein may well have retreated into his shell and there may have been a similar outcome to last week. Whatever happens, we ain't likely to hammer anyone as that isn't the game plan. 

yep was quiet shocked to hear Preston saying "Hearts said no" when he was offered to us

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

yep was quiet shocked to hear Preston saying "Hearts said no" when he was offered to us

Yep, CL said we are looking for fast wide players, he must have been too fast.:527:

Thought we played well and controlled the game. Should have scored a few if that dick Isma would just take his chances. Let's face it, it's not bad luck. He'll never be a great finisher. 

According to BBC Live Text, this is a list of our chances. They may or may not have been genuine chances, but they're described as 'attempts' nonetheless.
Did the keeper play a blinder (as seems to happen against us with saddening regularity)? Were they real chances?

Posted at90'+4'

Attempt saved. Don Cowie (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

Posted at90'+2'

Attempt missed. Djoum (Heart of Midlothian) left footed shot from outside the box is too high.

Posted at89'
Attempt missed. Kyle Lafferty (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from long range on the right is close, but misses to the left from a direct free kick.

Posted at86'

Attempt missed. Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian) header from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the right following a set piece situation.

Posted at84'

Attempt missed. Michael Smith (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the right.

Posted at81'

Attempt saved. Esmael Gonçalves (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from very close range is saved in the bottom left corner.

Posted at81'

Attempt saved. Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian) header from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

Posted at80'
Attempt blocked. Esmael Gonçalves (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
Posted at69'

Attempt missed. Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian) header from the centre of the box misses to the right.

Posted at66'
Attempt missed. Cole Stockton (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the right.
Posted at62'
Attempt saved. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from the right side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

Second Half

Posted at

Second Half begins Heart of Midlothian 0, Ross County 0.

Half Time

Posted at45'+4'

First Half ends, Heart of Midlothian 0, Ross County 0.

Posted at36'
Attempt saved. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) header from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
Posted at36'
Attempt blocked. Djoum (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
Posted at33'
Attempt saved. Harry Cochrane (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom left corner.
Posted at32'

Attempt saved. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top right corner.

Posted at28'
Attempt missed. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) left footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the left.
Posted at28'

Attempt saved. Esmael Gonçalves (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom right corner.

Posted at27'

Attempt saved. Djoum (Heart of Midlothian) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

Posted at27'

Attempt blocked. Esmael Gonçalves (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.

Posted at23'
Attempt missed. Djoum (Heart of Midlothian) header from the centre of the box misses to the right following a set piece situation.
Posted at19'
Attempt missed. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the left.
Posted at14'
Attempt missed. Esmael Gonçalves (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the right.
Posted at5'
Attempt saved. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom left corner.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:
According to BBC Live Text, this is a list of our chances. They may or may not have been genuine chances, but they're described as 'attempts' nonetheless.
Did the keeper play a blinder (as seems to happen against us with saddening regularity)? Were they real chances?

Posted at90'+4'

Attempt saved. Don Cowie (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

Posted at90'+2'

Attempt missed. Djoum (Heart of Midlothian) left footed shot from outside the box is too high.

Posted at89'
Attempt missed. Kyle Lafferty (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from long range on the right is close, but misses to the left from a direct free kick.

Posted at86'

Attempt missed. Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian) header from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the right following a set piece situation.

Posted at84'

Attempt missed. Michael Smith (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the right.

Posted at81'

Attempt saved. Esmael Gonçalves (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from very close range is saved in the bottom left corner.

Posted at81'

Attempt saved. Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian) header from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

Posted at80'
Attempt blocked. Esmael Gonçalves (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
Posted at69'

Attempt missed. Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian) header from the centre of the box misses to the right.

Posted at66'
Attempt missed. Cole Stockton (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the right.
Posted at62'
Attempt saved. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from the right side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

Second Half

Posted at

Second Half begins Heart of Midlothian 0, Ross County 0.

Half Time

Posted at45'+4'

First Half ends, Heart of Midlothian 0, Ross County 0.

Posted at36'
Attempt saved. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) header from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
Posted at36'
Attempt blocked. Djoum (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
Posted at33'
Attempt saved. Harry Cochrane (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom left corner.
Posted at32'

Attempt saved. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top right corner.

Posted at28'
Attempt missed. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) left footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the left.
Posted at28'

Attempt saved. Esmael Gonçalves (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom right corner.

Posted at27'

Attempt saved. Djoum (Heart of Midlothian) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

Posted at27'

Attempt blocked. Esmael Gonçalves (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.

Posted at23'
Attempt missed. Djoum (Heart of Midlothian) header from the centre of the box misses to the right following a set piece situation.
Posted at19'
Attempt missed. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the left.
Posted at14'
Attempt missed. Esmael Gonçalves (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the right.
Posted at5'
Attempt saved. Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom left corner.

THe thing that stands out though are the words "outside the box" how many of them are you actually going to convert??

1 hour ago, Hearts lad said:

Maybe it's it's more I give a shit and can't see things changing under Levein. 

They changed today though. We pressed more. Less hoof ball, broke quicker, dominated possession, tackled well. Big improvement on last week. Just couldn’t score

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

They changed today though. We pressed more. Less hoof ball, broke quicker, dominated possession, tackled well. Big improvement on last week. Just couldn’t score

Aye it was an improvement but the finishing aspect of our game was very poor yet again. 

And I dunno if anyone has mentioned it but the officials, once again were appalling. I expect nothing less from Beaton but the Wheatfield lino, and I’m not calling him an assistant cos he offered no assistance at all, gas to be the worst alive ever seen. Never up with play. Barely raised his flag and when he did got it wrong. Terrible 

10 minutes ago, merrymac said:

THe thing that stands out though are the words "outside the box" how many of them are you actually going to convert??

Yeah, good shout. Still...we seemed to have any amount inside the box. 

51 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Lafferty was ill ya madman-obviously unfit.

We couldn't have forced the issue any more.

You contradict yourself several times, we played with guts,creativity and were on the front foot most of the game. quality in front of goal was the issue.

Shouldnt be on the bench if he couldn’t do 30minutes

When we were on top and forcing it, that’s when you put your main striker on to really give the opposition more to deal with. 

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Ok its not a fact as such, but you would have the current side over championship team, really??

Well you're kind of putting words into my mouth, and as such it's a moot point and nothing to do with what I said but I'll indulge and flip the question - how would this team fare in the Championship? I think they'd romp it (opinion). Player for player the current crop are better - Berra, Cowie, Lafferty, Isma, Hughes are all seasoned pros that would eat that league up. The problem with this analogy is that it can never take into account the respective confidence and team dynamics - and whether certain players would have signed for a Championship team. 

The Championship season was great fun, a fantastic bounce back from near death. We built up confidence and ran with it and had players with flair who could exploit second rate opposition - King, Nicholson, Keatings for example. I feel you're comparing the enjoyment of that season with the grind of this season and conflating it with quality which really just leaves us with opinions not facts - which is the point I was making.

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

16 goals this season - even if it is the championship

We blundered letting him go. I saw him against our 20s at Paisley and he was a stand out.

47 minutes ago, Boof said:

Yeah, good shout. Still...we seemed to have any amount inside the box. 

Also a good shout. Probably highlights the lack of a real finisher, wonder how many the likes of Moult would have converted? I know its all conjecture but our goals per game does'nt lie.

17 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Well you're kind of putting words into my mouth, and as such it's a moot point and nothing to do with what I said but I'll indulge and flip the question - how would this team fare in the Championship? I think they'd romp it (opinion). Player for player the current crop are better - Berra, Cowie, Lafferty, Isma, Hughes are all seasoned pros that would eat that league up. The problem with this analogy is that it can never take into account the respective confidence and team dynamics - and whether certain players would have signed for a Championship team. 

The Championship season was great fun, a fantastic bounce back from near death. We built up confidence and ran with it and had players with flair who could exploit second rate opposition - King, Nicholson, Keatings for example. I feel you're comparing the enjoyment of that season with the grind of this season and conflating it with quality which really just leaves us with opinions not facts - which is the point I was making.

Get your point on opinions not fact and agree with that, but to indulge the discussion a little further, not so sure we would romp the championship, this team lacks flair and creativity, and in my view are easy to defend against. We do have a few better players now, but as a squad not so sure.Accepting the point that some of our current signings might have not signed for a champ. team.

17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We blundered letting him go. I saw him against our 20s at Paisley and he was a stand out.

Never thought he got a decent run. Was a hard worker but once he missed a couple of chances everyone seemed to give up on him. Unlike Isma:rolleyes:

Definite improvement from last week, still horrible, but an improvement nonetheless.

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Better chances from outside the box as there were 10 of them at least behind the ball, in the box, at any given opportunity. Tactical genius from Coyle...well that and having your players go to ground with mortal injuries every two minutes - Go to many games?

1 hour ago, Hearts lad said:

Aye it was an improvement but the finishing aspect of our game was very poor yet again. 

So you can't see things changing under Levein but today was an improvement?

Just now, Jamhammer said:

So you can't see things changing under Levein but today was an improvement?

Lol, I was meaning long term, one sunny day does not make a summer. 

The EEN is reporting an issue with the floodlights? Cant say i noticed myself. Game wise better than last week but we are just so pedestrian at times. No urgency and the lack of pace is killing us. Feel for Isma, there is a player in there but he was honking today. How sticking starts before Lafferty is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Pie-Heid said:

Definite improvement from last week, still horrible, but an improvement nonetheless.

Better chances from outside the box as there were 10 of them at least behind the ball, in the box, at any given opportunity. Tactical genius from Coyle...well that and having your players go to ground with mortal injuries every two minutes - Go to many games?

Purely commenting on the BBC online commentary as previously posted, not a personal opinion. It is a statistical fact that ant team will score less from outside the box surely? Was not at the game today, but that has nil to do with the point.The hospitality at Murrayfield was more attractive than what we have been dishing up.

9 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

Lol, I was meaning long term, one sunny day does not make a summer. 

I know what you meant bud was just ripping you. Personally I'm far from convinced either but was a lot happier today with the effort, pace and lack of hoofball

26 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Get your point on opinions not fact and agree with that, but to indulge the discussion a little further, not so sure we would romp the championship, this team lacks flair and creativity, and in my view are easy to defend against. We do have a few better players now, but as a squad not so sure.Accepting the point that some of our current signings might have not signed for a champ. team.

You could well be right. To a degree the lack of creativity has been highlighted since and including that great season, (hence all the Scott Allan threads). Confidence and playing well as a team are huge factors too. As was Osman Sow.

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Purely commenting on the BBC online commentary as previously posted, not a personal opinion. It is a statistical fact that ant team will score less from outside the box surely? Was not at the game today, but that has nil to do with the point.The hospitality at Murrayfield was more attractive than what we have been dishing up.

- "Purely commenting on the BBC online commentary" - I'm sure the BBC online commentary was as impartial as could be expected from such a bastion of impartiality and good honest reporting.

-"as previously posted" - well excuse me for taking your post entirely out of context then.

- "It is a statistical fact"I bow to your empirical knowledge of statistics (I'm not worthy!)

- "Was not at the game today". Well at least you were nice and warm no doubt, that's nice

-"that has nil to do with the point"- Remind me of what your point was

- "The hospitality at Murrayfield was more attractive than what we have been dishing up." I'm sure it is...if you like having your ring buffed by Farquhar or one of his investment banker chums after a couple of cocktails.

Archived