***Official Hearts v Ross County Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

I’m taking the boy to his first game today and have just realised the rugby is on. What will Haymarket Station be like after the game? I’m expecting a massive queuing system in place. Not wanting to put the wee man off the footie for life by being stuck after the game trying to get home. 

Rugby be done for 4, might miss the worst. If not go to Waverley.

Stockon starts. Big call here. Have not seen much from him so far and to be in the team instead of lafferty is stange one.

51 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

aye , no doubt be traffic cones all over the streets where i normally park , im seethin lol

Good auld council win again forcing us on to buses, better not be any degenerates .

That depends -which bus might you be on?

442?

McLaughlin

Brandon    Hughes     Berra     Smith

Walker    Cochrane   Djoum     Milinkovic

Isma     Stockton

1 minute ago, kila said:

442?

McLaughlin

Brandon    Hughes     Berra     Smith

Walker    Cochrane   Djoum     Milinkovic

Isma     Stockton

Ooft

ballsy decision, could go either way

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Can understand why Callachan, Cowie and Lafferty are dropped but concerned midfield looks lightweight

My thoughts exacty - lot of work for Djoum to do. Ona positive note he will presumably be in his African Nations position 

Not sure about Stockton but would be delighted to be proved wrong today. Not having to watch Cowie running around the edges of the game and contributing next to nothing an added bonus. Really hope Cochrane gets some patience and a bit of support from us.

16 minutes ago, kila said:

DPe4BLmW0AAmFja.jpg

Happy with this. Stockton deserves a chance. We'll be going long but against Ross county  that will be better than trying to play football.

To be fair to Levein we need to try something to get the best out of the squad.

Sometimes your strongest 11 players don't make your strongest team.

Cochrane is probably as good a player as any of our midfielders on their current form but he's not physically or mentally developed enough to handle a game minute by minute. Good luck to him though I hope he turns in a MOTM performance. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Not sure about Stockton but would be delighted to be proved wrong today. Not having to watch Cowie running around the edges of the game and contributing next to nothing an added bonus. Really hope Cochrane gets some patience and a bit of support from us.

Stockton's more of of a back to defenders type of forward that can hold the ball up and lay balls off to advancing midfielders.  Might be more suited to the long ball type of game we've been playing!  hope he takes his chance to impress

That midfield is going to get bullied to ****.

Nice to see Stockton get a start though so he can be judged properly rather than 5 minute cameos.

might be milinkovic on right with isma drifting in from left and Walker more a no 10 role,Stockton right through middle.4231

8 minutes ago, King prawn said:

That midfield is too lightweight.

That's my worry. Concerned it means Walker will play more central as a result and we'll end up too narrow again.

MacDonald Jardine
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

That's my worry. Concerned it means Walker will play more central as a result and we'll end up too narrow again.

In theory Milinkovic should rectify that.

My worry is that if we don't score early we'll get bullied out of the game. 

Couple of team changes that folk have been asking for but plenty scope for attacking changes should things go tits up.

Which they probably will!

5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Cmon Hearts, desperate for Stockton to grab a goal, bit of confidence for the guy.

Hope he grabs his chance,and puts in a good shift!

Bazzas right boot

Lafferty had d and v during the week, it's spread throughout the squad.the team is litterally shiting itself ?

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

Lafferty had d and v during the week, it's spread throughout the squad.the team is litterally shiting itself ?

:laugh:

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

That midfield is going to get bullied to ****.

Nice to see Stockton get a start though so he can be judged properly rather than 5 minute cameos.

If we're going to boo him, we need to be sure.

31 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

laff had a wee bit sickness during week

I imagine people will accuse him of being a ‘bottler’ because there’s no such thing as a sickness bug.

Pleased to see Cochrane start. 

Well the Rugby crowd are cheering as I walk to the game. Let’s hop we give our fans something to cheer about.:jambobanana:

Just now, 4marsbars said:

I imagine people will accuse him of being a ‘bottler’ because there’s no such thing as a sickness bug.

Pleased to see Cochrane start. 

wouldn't surprise me

Archived