What are your thoughts on Jamie Walker?

Beast Boy

1 hour ago, Sydney said:

Ryder - it sounds like you are shiting it before a derby.  Hearts players (and fans) should never approach a Hibs game with that attitude.

I hate losing to them - but I have never ever gone into a derby fearing that we would lose.

I always expect a Hearts team managed by Levein to get stuck in.  We will be fine.  We will be even better with an on form Walker playing for us.

This is probably the first time in my life that I am not confident about a derby. That is purely down to our lack of fight in the last few. I hope Callachan makes a difference however, Randall too. It pisses me off that Walker cannot match the effort levels of their creative players and I’m going in to this game finding myself with a feeling of Dejavu. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Ryder said:

This is probably the first time in my life that I am not confident about a derby. That is purely down to our lack of fight in the last few. I hope Callachan makes a difference however, Randall too. It pisses me off that Walker cannot match the effort levels of their creative players and I’m going in to this game finding myself with a feeling of Dejavu. 

Fair doos, but if you're going to piss your pants, do it after the st Johnstone game.

Be cool?

We'll have a better chance in any game if walker plays.

Hopefully he plays well.

We won't see a repeat of last year's games, and if we do get beat, we need to man up as we play rangers 5 days after. No time for taking the huff!

Our season won't end or be classed as a complete success no matter what happens on Tuesday.

Hibs aren't that good.

Cl will have us ready. No fear.

Always approach the Derby with confidence. I don't think there will be the lack of bottle that there was last season. Different team, different manager. We've heard about their "flIair" for years. Their flair usually lands up down the pan and the same will happen next week. Walker can provide goals for us in this game if he turns up.

5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Fair doos, but if you're going to piss your pants, do it after the st Johnstone game.

Be cool?

We'll have a better chance in any game if walker plays.

Hopefully he plays well.

We won't see a repeat of last year's games, and if we do get beat, we need to man up as we play rangers 5 days after. No time for taking the huff!

Our season won't end or be classed as a complete success no matter what happens on Tuesday.

Cl will have us ready. No fear.

Thanks for the advice Tosh, but I’m not really going to take advice from someone for whom losing to Hibs isn’t that big a deal.

Im not so much pissing my pants as frustrated at watching yet another derby approaching where we haven’t addressed all our problems. I have stated that I hope Callachan can make a difference, and add a bit of steel, but experience has taught me not to have overly high expectations for the guy that is cited as our main attacking/creative influence. 

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Always approach the Derby with confidence. I don't think there will be the lack of bottle that there was last season. Different team, different manager. We've heard about their "flIair" for years. Their flair usually lands up down the pan and the same will happen next week. Walker can provide goals for us in this game if he turns up.

Your last sentence sums the situation up perfectly.

I hope he rams my comments down my throat. It’d be a very rare derby performance from him if he did though.

last couple of derbies we have struggled with Bartley’s physicality and many of our more skilful players just shat it from them. Callachan, Randall, Berra and Lafferty do not look the type to do that, and we seem to have a better keeper now, but we are crying out for someone creative in the middle who will not leave that pitch until they have absolutely nothing left in the tank.

My thoughts are he is a very very average Scottish player playing in scotland.  Probably just better than Billy kings level (although king doesn't have as big long term injury concerns and king has also actually managed to play for rangers) 

He's also now in his mid twenties and hasn't had a sniff of a Scotland cap.

Overall I'm not too concerned about him leaving and I wouldn't play him in the derby.  When was the last time he had a decent game against them? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ryder said:

Thanks for the advice Tosh, but I’m not really going to take advice from someone for whom losing to Hibs isn’t that big a deal.

Im not so much pissing my pants as frustrated at watching yet another derby approaching where we haven’t addressed all our problems. I have stated that I hope Callachan can make a difference, and add a bit of steel, but experience has taught me not to have overly high expectations for the guy that is cited as our main attacking/creative influence. 

Losing to anyone is a big deal and a cause for concern ( Football wise). Not just hibs. Feel free to ignore my advice, but we have a game v St Johnstone first, seems a bit daft to ignore that.

Take each game one at a time.

The Derby date has been set for a while, unsure why you are suddenly more concerned now. We won away, walker scored. Last game. I was far more concerned 2 months ago than I am now.

Quite optimistic tbh.

We are playing better than we have at any time in the last 6 months. Injuries are a concern, but you can only piss with the dick you were born with.

Take care of saint's, then take care of hibs. Jobs a gid un.

7 hours ago, Ryder said:

Going in to the derby, do you think he will stand out and control/win the game for us?

We need a player who will/can do that. I wish Jamie had left in the summer and that we had replaced him with a player who can do that.

Theres nothing bizarre about the timing of the thread, we are about to embark upon a run that includes three direct rivals, one of them our derby rivals and we have been totally shit against them for about two years now. It is players like Jamie Walker that we are looking to to provide a spark and hopefully a bit of magic to win the game. 

We need a player who actually is as good as Jamie thinks he is.

I think he's one of a couple of potential match winners, along with Callachan (going by his games so far and the fact he'll be up for it) and Isma,and maybe Berra (purely because he knows what the derby is about). If Djoum hadn't dipped in form I would say him too. And Djoum's dip in form isn't Walker's fault by the way. I'm sure he'd love not to be the "main man". In fact I don't think he likes that sort of pressure. One thing missing from his game is a bit of gallusness.

There's far too much talking up of Hibs on here. On his day and going by most of his time at Hearts so far Walker is more of an attacking threat than McGinn. Hibs fans were having a go at McGinn for at least half a season last year in the Championship for underperforming while Walker was banging them in in the Premiership.

14 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He wouldn't get  a game for Celtic reserves.  He's chasing the dollar and fair play to him , that's his right. So why are we getting so upset about one  guy who downed tools a long time ago  to get what he wants ? We've lost far better players than him and the club is still here.  It just shows what a shit state the club is in that so many are  upset about Walker leaving. It's not so long ago he wouldn't have been good enough to get even near the first team. 

That’s wasn’t the point, I said if he was hypothetically wanting to go to Celtic then it would be more a understandable ambition than going to Rangers when he could earn just as much and also test himself playing down South. 

5 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

I think he's one of a couple of potential match winners, along with Callachan (going by his games so far and the fact he'll be up for it) and Isma,and maybe Berra (purely because he knows what the derby is about). If Djoum hadn't dipped in form I would say him too. And Djoum's dip in form isn't Walker's fault by the way. I'm sure he'd love not to be the "main man". In fact I don't think he likes that sort of pressure. One thing missing from his game is a bit of gallusness.

There's far too much talking up of Hibs on here. On his day and going by most of his time at Hearts so far Walker is more of an attacking threat than McGinn. Hibs fans were having a go at McGinn for at least half a season last year in the Championship for underperforming while Walker was banging them in in the Premiership.

We need everybody to be in their metal next week.  Walker can be a big player for us in this game. He needs to step up to the mark. 

50 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Its going into a derby debate now but I agree with having a bit arrogance...but as a team.

I do think we are a work in progress still in our aim to become more resilient and hardy. CL has spoken a lot recently after matches of how he has been pleased with our steadiness and willingness to fight through when the going gets tough.

It needs to become 2nd nature again and it was always a trait we had at bare minimum in times gone by. CL knows this and is trying to implement it again.

There`s nothing more satisfying in any game, more so a derby, than to outfight , to out-will your opponent, impose your game and win.  We`ll need to next week.

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Its going into a derby debate now but I agree with having a bit arrogance...but as a team.

I do think we are a work in progress still in our aim to become more resilient and hardy. CL has spoken a lot recently after matches of how he has been pleased with our steadiness and willingness to fight through when the going gets tough.

It needs to become 2nd nature again and it was always a trait we had at bare minimum in times gone by. CL knows this and is trying to implement it again.

There`s nothing more satisfying in any game, more so a derby, than to outfight , to out-will your opponent, impose your game and win.  We`ll need to next week.

That is exactly what we have been missing. Until we have that again, we could have all the best players we want, we have had experienced Greek internationals getting overrun by huddies like Bartley in recent times, whilst their creative players have looked bang up for it. Our CDMs have been powder puff v them whilst our attacking creative players have been posted missing. That simply cannot be allowed to happen again.

41 minutes ago, Ryder said:

That is exactly what we have been missing. Until we have that again, we could have all the best players we want, we have had experienced Greek internationals getting overrun by huddies like Bartley in recent times, whilst their creative players have looked bang up for it. Our CDMs have been powder puff v them whilst our attacking creative players have been posted missing. That simply cannot be allowed to happen again.

Pretty much. 

As Hearts fans we`ve spoken alot about the lack of character in the last year. I`ve even had supporters of rival clubs surprised at how a Hearts team can lose its fighting qualities at an alarming rate.

They expect it from us,  its not just ourselves who expect it.

Personally I still hope he stays. Make him one more offer. We could use the extra cash raised by the increased attendances at Murrayfield.

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

We now have players like Berra, Callachan and Lafferty who have those qualities I think, especially the first two in the context of a derby. Agree we missed that in that last derby in particular. Paterson was a huge miss in derbies (and all the other games) in the dressing room as well as on the pitch. Its unfair to expect Walker to change his personality to be that kind of presence. I think with others taking some attention and pressure off him he can hopefully do his stuff.

HeartsInMyBlood

I'm more peeved at the club and agents that the lad has been cast as some sort of villain. Every kids dream to grow up and be a footballer. He hears a 'bigger team want him and naturally Will be thinking ££££'s. We're gonna lose him soon enough, biggest  shame is that a sensible extension with release clause  would have benefited both parties. Good luck to him I say.

Son Of Anarchy
2 minutes ago, HeartsInMyBlood said:

I'm more peeved at the club and agents that the lad has been cast as some sort of villain. Every kids dream to grow up and be a footballer. He hears a 'bigger team want him and naturally Will be thinking ££££'s. We're gonna lose him soon enough, biggest  shame is that a sensible extension with release clause  would have benefited both parties. Good luck to him I say.

Bad Hearts. Imagine offering to make him our biggest earner. Disgusting.

Weird thread to start after he scored and assisted at the weekend.

When on song Walker is one of our best players, as long as he's giving 100%, which he currently is, he should play. No brainer.

The point of this thread appears to be to blame Jamie Walker for our poor performances and results against Hibs over the last few years  These havent been Jamies fault and I am at a loss trying to work out why this thread was started. 

1 hour ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

The point of this thread appears to be to blame Jamie Walker for our poor performances and results against Hibs over the last few years  These havent been Jamies fault and I am at a loss trying to work out why this thread was started. 

Things have been too positive recently. We need something to moan about and someone to blame for.... stuff.

45 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Things have been too positive recently. We need something to moan about and someone to blame for.... stuff.

Or.... someone just wants to have a go at Jamie. Again. 

Lets focus on the positives: CL has been extremely positive about Jamie since he became HC, praising his attitude and commitment, and Jamie himself has contributed massively to us winning games.

We ALL want a win next week against them and I am very confident that, with the attitude and commitment of guys like Berra, Kyle, Isma, Smith, Callachan & Jamie we will achieve that. Especially given that CL will be motivating and instructing them. 

3 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

The OP is spewing as he feels JW is engineering a move to Rangers and he feels let down by this. I can understand why this has upset him. However, I really couldn't give a toss. I don't think JW would even get a regular game there and as he's massively underachieved at Hearts he can go where he wants, I'm sick of hearing about him now tbh. 

I know you like him but I don't rate him as highly as you do.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/craig-levein-edinburgh-derby-hopes-aided-by-hearts-minded-players-1-4594128

Hearts are without a win against their big rivals in any competition for three years, and Levein - who has enjoyed success both as a player and a manager in this fixture - says his local boys will be well up for the challenge of ending that run.

“We have the benefit of having some Hearts-minded players in the team which I think helps,” he explained. “They will be able to let the rest of the players know just how important this is.”

He added: “We’ve talked a bit about the game and what we will need to do to be successful.

“Ross (Callachan) will help with his energy, enthusiasm and determination, Christophe (Berra) as well, and Jamie Walker is a big Hearts supporter.

There’s players in there who understand the game and what’s required.” 

Now it's possible that this is Levein using the paper to try to get Jamie's head turned back around but I doubt he'd say this to the paper if it weren't at least mostly true.

On the other hand, Jamie punched the little heart on a bunch of Instagram posts over the summer while bored, and some on here will tell you that means more than the word of our head coach.

2 hours ago, Ugly American said:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/craig-levein-edinburgh-derby-hopes-aided-by-hearts-minded-players-1-4594128

Now it's possible that this is Levein using the paper to try to get Jamie's head turned back around but I doubt he'd say this to the paper if it weren't at least mostly true.

On the other hand, Jamie punched the little heart on a bunch of Instagram posts over the summer while bored, and some on here will tell you that means more than the word of our head coach.

Everybody knows Jamie is a Hearts fan, even those who claim he isn't.  

He's a decent player. We know that because we have seen him do it. But tonight he once again proved he doesn't want to be here. Playing for a club he has made clear he has no future at. Disappointing but he should be dropped. 

2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

He's a decent player. We know that because we have seen him do it. But tonight he once again proved he doesn't want to be here. Playing for a club he has made clear he has no future at. Disappointing but he should be dropped. 

Yep. This is a guy who is apparently playing for his boyhood heroes against their biggest rivals.

He can't be arsed.

Doesn’t want to be here and isn’t subtle in showing it.

Drop him and let him rot until he gets the move to Ibrox that he’s desperate for.

Mcginn or Walker , can’t believe I’m about to write this but I’d rather have banjo boy 

Only thing holding Walker back is a very poor attitude 

Sexton Hardcastle

Waste of a jersey again. File under Nicholson and Templeton. Could have been club greats but chased the money and will be on scrap heep in a matter of years.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Walker has the talent and ability to play at a higher level but he is letting himself down 

He should have been knocking on the Scotland door by now however he just drifts in and out of games, he is still water , lacks self enthusiasm  and mileage in his game 

He never steps up against Hibs, is the pace of the Scottish game too fast for him, just wish he could dictate and ignite our midfield as he is our most skillful player 

Nelly Terraces
23 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Walker can go anytime he wants but he has reached his peak at Hearts.

Correct. He'll never get any better than his current situation with us. If he goes to Sevco (and I really hope that happens soon), he'll be warming their bench for a while then get punted to the likes of Killie or Hamilton.

letsalllaughathobos

It's a absolute shame for the lad I have slated him quite rightly so at times, 

But always wanted him to prove me wrong the lad just does not have it at all, 

Says it all about our midfield that he’s probably our best taking threat. Every week I give him a chance to try and show what he’s got but really he’s got **** all. Goes missing in games all the time and looks like he can’t be arsed.

Awful, he was utterly honking, he made a good tackle in the box mind you but his decision making, passing, overall drive was terrible. 

To think he is seen, or even sees himself as our 'best' player and thinks he's good enough to play at a bigger club is staggering. 

1 goal this year, humpty since February last season. Needs to get a grip and his priorities straight or his career is going downhill because he will never play for Scotland, be a regular for Rangers or get a game in the Championship in England, if he continues to perform like this. 

****ing shite is an understatement. 

Bend It Like Barasa

I honesty couldn’t care less if Walker left tomorrow. Another woeful derby performance (other than scoring a belter a few years back, has he ever played well in a derby?). I was hoping he might have a change of heart and sign a new contract, but I think he’s better moving on as soon as possible. He’s certainly not worth a “highest paid player at Hearts” contract. I hope that deal is no longer on the table. If it wasn’t for the fact our squad is so thin, I’d drop him completely. 

Garbage in a derby yet again. Only time he has been effective against them was when he came off the bench to play wide and run at McGivern in the Ozturk game.

Did he find a Hearts player in Hibs half with a single pass tonight?

Neat and tidy collecting the ball 30yds from our goal and laying it back to Berra to hoof (their word, not mine) up the park.

His "pass" to Henderson right on half-time summed up his night from an attacking point of view.

He's not very good.  Mcgeoach (or however you spell the ***** name) is streets ahead of him.  And I mean streets. 

Archived