What are your thoughts on Jamie Walker?

Beast Boy

1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I think there is a chance he wont sign for Rangers as there was also a couple of championship clubs that were interested but didn't want to pay a fee.

Falkirk and Livi? 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Since when is Snodgrass coming up here? Surely that is complete fantasy.

If that doesn't happen, I'll be fine with the other 2.

2/3 ain't bad.

23 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

As soon as he agrees the pre-contract with Rangers, we drop him to the reserves and not even a place on the bench.

And kick him to feck in training.

Ever the optimist I hold out hope for him doing a u turn and signing a new deal. He is the one of the few players that I am confident will do something positive when on the ball and even when playing poorly is still better than many in our squad who simply don't have the same ability. There are promising signs in the youth but I don't think we have anyone that could step into his shoes yet.

1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I think there is a chance he wont sign for Rangers as there was also a couple of championship clubs that were interested but didn't want to pay a fee.

I got the impression from his recent newspaper interview that he didn't really think that Rangers wanted him, otherwise they'd have paid the money. 

I've just got a feeling he'll move out with Scotland now and that would be better for Jamie IMO. 

Would love him to have a change of heart and sign an extension though. 

Jamie Walker is a fabulous talent that we have had the privilege to watch in a Hearts shirt.  When Walkers contract is up he can go where ever he wants or he can sign a new deal with us. Football is a business and my message to people who have a go at Jamie is.......

Wake up to reality.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Strange time to be asking this after a goal and assist at the weekend. Although he didnt look quite up to the standard of where he was this time last season, it was his best game in a long time. For me if a player is playing well then thats what matters most.

The contract situation has been talked about to death now and isnt going to be resolved. If Walker goes on a decent run over the next few weeks, scores against either Hibs or the huns then he should get the full backing of the fans. 

Like any other player if his form drops then he shouldnt play.

Personally I am not keen on sleepwalking towards the next derby relying on Jamie Walker to be the main man for us. It’s really not a system that has served us well.

Craig Herbertson
3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

My thoughts are 

he's our best player

we should play him as long as he shows on the pitch and in training that he wants to play,  which he has been doing as far as I can see

that I'll leave it to Levein to judge that

that he could be the guy that beats the Hibs

That Id like that a lot

I'm with you brother. Jamie is one of the few players who generates any sort of excitement on the pitch.

14 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

I'm with you brother. Jamie is one of the few players who generates any sort of excitement on the pitch.

More of a reflection on the rest of the squad imo. He’s really not been at the races against Hibs. Do you reckon that’s all about to suddenly change this time? I really hope so, but how many times does he not bother his arse before we finally move on and bring in someone who does?

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

More of a reflection on the rest of the squad imo. He’s really not been at the races against Hibs. Do you reckon that’s all about to suddenly change this time? I really hope so, but how many times does he not bother his arse before we finally move on and bring in someone who does?

Why wouldn’t it change?

Has he never played well v Hibs?

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Why wouldn’t it change?

Has he never played well v Hibs?

Youd have to go back a few years tbh. Especially if we are relying on him as our “best player”.

seriously, I’m just amazed how many times we are going to go in to this fixture waiting on him to finally get his finger out and give a motm performance to win is the game.

if you’re happy to just hope for the best yet again then fine. I’d rather we actually had a very consistent and reliable player pulling the strings for us. His derby record must be absolutely appalling.

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, Ryder said:

I would agree if he had actually bothered his arse a bit more. His derby record would be interesting.

Played 17, Won 5, Lost 6, Drawn 6. 

Not sure how many were starts or sub appearances.

i wish jj was my dad

If he gives 100% and avoids hitching his skirts via interviews to Level 5 lackies and liking Rangers on social media he'll continue to get my support as long as he is in a Hearts jersey. 

4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Played 17, Won 5, Lost 6, Drawn 6. 

Not sure how many were starts or sub appearances.

That really isn’t great at all.

scott herbertson
29 minutes ago, Ryder said:

None. As far as I am concerned he hasn’t been doing that. He has played well against Hibs at least once, and that’s probably as many times as anyone else currently on our books as we’ve been shit against them for nearly three years.

hes one of the few players we have who can do something special and I don’t really see the point in the next couple of weeks in dropping our best player in the run u0 to a derby

Also so he doesn’t like them, which is a bonus

E1AD9A2A-17F8-4FCB-BAFC-FD1EFE9DCBFC.jpeg

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It's obvious Walker is going to be the last ever player to leave for Glasgow.

Well, that's the way some Hearts fans act.  Obviously any new young players we bring through in the future will never want to play for either of the uglies, ever, yip, Walker will be the last. :rolleyes2:

I hate to think what level of dislike will be thrust upon the next quality youngster who may happen to have an ambition to play through there? Hero to zero because of it.

Don't get me wrong, I deplore selling to them but sometimes the club has no choice.

At the moment though Walker is a Hearts player and may not even end up there. If he does then it's disappointing but I refuse to dislike him while he wears a maroon jersey.

I don't have a problem with players moving on for more money or on to bigger clubs, it's a short career and players need to do what's right for them and their families.

However, having said that to me it's not about the ambition as you said that frustrates me, frankly is the exact opposite, moving to rangers seems like a lack of ambition to me. If he got his head down played as well as he can I'm sure a few clubs down south would be interested as that would be a step above a basically average SPL team.

Perhaps hasn't downed tools but he certainly isn't playing his best either and if that's a conscious decision or not only he knows.

I hope he gets back to his best for us and then if he moves away then fine but I hope he goes anywhere other than Rangers and does really well.

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

None. As far as I am concerned he hasn’t been doing that. He has played well against Hibs at least once, and that’s probably as many times as anyone else currently on our books as we’ve been shit against them for nearly three years.

hes one of the few players we have who can do something special and I don’t really see the point in the next couple of weeks in dropping our best player in the run u0 to a derby

Also so he doesn’t like them, which is a bonus

E1AD9A2A-17F8-4FCB-BAFC-FD1EFE9DCBFC.jpeg

Genuinely Scott, it’s for all of those reasons that I get so annoyed about him. I’m totally sick of going in to derbies and our apparent best player and the guy we look to being a Jamie Walker who just doesn’t do it.

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Genuinely Scott, it’s for all of those reasons that I get so annoyed about him. I’m totally sick of going in to derbies and our apparent best player and the guy we look to being a Jamie Walker who just doesn’t do it.

Hes done it before ipad I believe he can do it again next week - let’s see, eh?

4 hours ago, Ryder said:

That IS interesting David. What are your thoughts m8?

I suspect they felt badly treated by someone in the Club who felt they were a residue of the previous regime 

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Hes done it before ipad I believe he can do it again next week - let’s see, eh?

Heres hoping I suppose.

12 minutes ago, DavieG said:

I suspect they felt badly treated by someone in the Club who felt they were a residue of the previous regime 

:lol:

Yeah... that must have been it. Are you friends with any giant American professional wrestlers?

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

:lol:

Yeah... that must have been it. Are you friends with any giant American professional wrestlers?

:qqb006:

Thought's.

Very disappointed he has chosen to move on, but not to a better league, but to a club who are our rivals. 

We nurtured his natural ability through his development to the first team. We've given him his opportunity. We have stuck by him through various injuries over the years, and he and his agent have 'repaid us by reneging on an agreement to sign a new deal which will see him leave on a free.

For an Edinburgh man, a Hearts man (allegedly), a distant relation to a great Hearts man Tommy Walker, it is a betrayal to Heart of Midlothian and his hometown.

Good player for us, but up until last weekend he hadn't kicked a ball since demolishing Sevco last year. I don't think he's as good as he believes he is and will soon find himself getting splinters on his arse sitting on the bench at Sevco. 

I'll support him in a Hearts jersey and as long as he gives his best, that's fine by me, which I acknowledge he has been in recent weeks. 

Still, I find it hard to have much respect for him due to his lack of affinity he has shown to the club. An affinity and respect that guys like Paul Hartley have shown us, despite never being an Edinburgh or Hearts man. 

That's my thoughts on Walker. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Thought's.

Very disappointed he has chosen to move on, but not to a better league, but to a club who are our rivals. 

We nurtured his natural ability through his development to the first team. We've given him his opportunity. We have stuck by him through various injuries over the years, and he and his agent have 'repaid us by reneging on an agreement to sign a new deal which will see him leave on a free.

For an Edinburgh man, a Hearts man (allegedly), a distant relation to a great Hearts man Tommy Walker, it is a betrayal to Heart of Midlothian and his hometown.

Good player for us, but up until last weekend he hadn't kicked a ball since demolishing Sevco last year. I don't think he's as good as he believes he is and will soon find himself getting splinters on his arse sitting on the bench at Sevco. 

I'll support him in a Hearts jersey and as long as he gives his best, that's fine by me, which I acknowledge he has been in recent weeks. 

Still, I find it hard to have much respect for him due to his lack of affinity he has shown to the club. An affinity and respect that guys like Paul Hartley have shown us, despite never being an Edinburgh or Hearts man. 

That's my thoughts on Walker. 

Agree with most of that CT. what are your thoughts on going in to another derby hoping he runs the show?

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Agree with most of that CT. what are your thoughts on going in to another derby hoping he runs the show?

Hopefully he does chief. Seems to be hitting form at a good time. 

Still our best player on his day and his performances in particular are key to us hitting our objectives for the season. 

These are the games he needs to flourish in if he wants to win back some of the respect people have lost. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hopefully he does chief. Seems to be hitting form at a good time. 

Still our best player on his day and his performances in particular are key to us hitting our objectives for the season. 

These are the games he needs to flourish in if he wants to win back some of the respect people have lost. 

I agree mate. I just dont have any confidence in him whatsoever, after the last (at least five) derbies when he’s been our main man.

Parking the annoying Sevco sh*t surrounding him this year my thoughts are

I) talented but inconsistent ii) physically questionable iii) ineffective in big games iv) mentally soft.

It's difficult to see him be really successful  anywhere as he is not the finished product and he doesn't strike me as driven enough to make the best out of his talent. Furthermore as a technically gifted individual capable playing for his home town team he is always going to be given twice as much slack by us than any other team's fans.

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I agree mate. I just dont have any confidence in him whatsoever, after the last (at least five) derbies when he’s been our main man.

Is your main issue with him that we've not done well in derbies when he's been playing (and you have no confidence in him at all), or is it that he will probably leave Hearts at the end of his contract and might go to Rangers?

For me, neither of them matter.  In my opinion he's one of our better players (maybe our best player) and I'd rather see him playing than not playing.  I don't care if he runs the show or not, if he's picked to play I just want him to contribute to a Hearts performance and lets us walk away with a win.

We're all reading tea leaves but there's just not enough there to convince me that he's somehow hell-bent on joining Rangers.

Last season it is quite evident that the general vibe around the club went to shit in a hurry as soon as Cathro showed up, and Walker clearly felt it wasn't getting better any time soon with Cathro expected to be around for years.  In the middle of this Rangers come in and assure him they're going to pay what they have to to get him out of this situation, quadruple his pay or something, and all without having to leave Scotland so that his girlfriend and he can raise their kid close to their families.

I just can't be mad at him for having his head turned a bit by that.

Now it's been obvious that Rangers weren't actually going to pay what it took, and the atmosphere at the club is self-evidently radically improved. In his latest interviews it's quite obvious he recognizes that and so isn't slamming the door on a move to Ibrox but is also not pining for it either. He's played very well most games since Levein has taken over the touchline duties and seems to be getting his form back.

Maybe he goes to Ibrox. Maybe he goes to Bolton. Maybe he goes to MK Dons. Maybe he signs an extension.

Whatever he does I hope he gets a hat trick at Easter Road and gets it right up the little green men.

5 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It's obvious Walker is going to be the last ever player to leave for Glasgow.

Well, that's the way some Hearts fans act.  Obviously any new young players we bring through in the future will never want to play for either of the uglies, ever, yip, Walker will be the last. :rolleyes2:

I hate to think what level of dislike will be thrust upon the next quality youngster who may happen to have an ambition to play through there? Hero to zero because of it.

Don't get me wrong, I deplore selling to them but sometimes the club has no choice.

At the moment though Walker is a Hearts player and may not even end up there. If he does then it's disappointing but I refuse to dislike him while he wears a maroon jersey.

See I don’t think it’s going to Glasgow that’s the problem with most people, it’s the choice of destination. 

If he was desperate to go to Celtic most could understand it. There’s a chance to play Champions League football while also increasing his wage and getting to work with Brendan’s Rodgers who, as much as being at Celtic has turned him into an arsehole like it does everyone who they employ, is a very good coach but Rangers on the other hand are going nowhere, getting pumped out of Europe by an even diddier team than us and while it is a bit more cash for him and his family and it will most likely be substantial it is about the same he would earn from a move South, and the problem then circles round to all the previous that has been said basically points to him caring very little for Hearts, his current club and one he claims to ‘support’, and having the best interest of the Huns at Heart and quite frankly that shouldn’t be acceptable behaviour for any Hearts player. 

Playing for Rangers in 2017 is showing no ambition other than to fill a bank account and hide from testing yourself in England. 

Like him or hate him hes one of our best player's.if he wasn't rated nobody would give a shit about his contract situation

How many posts does this board need about one player who doesn't want to be at Hearts ?  Bye, Jamie. It's that simple. 

29 minutes ago, Texia said:

See I don’t think it’s going to Glasgow that’s the problem with most people, it’s the choice of destination. 

If he was desperate to go to Celtic most could understand it. There’s a chance to play Champions League football while also increasing his wage and getting to work with Brendan’s Rodgers who, as much as being at Celtic has turned him into an arsehole like it does everyone who they employ, is a very good coach but Rangers on the other hand are going nowhere, getting pumped out of Europe by an even diddier team than us and while it is a bit more cash for him and his family and it will most likely be substantial it is about the same he would earn from a move South, and the problem then circles round to all the previous that has been said basically points to him caring very little for Hearts, his current club and one he claims to ‘support’, and having the best interest of the Huns at Heart and quite frankly that shouldn’t be acceptable behaviour for any Hearts player. 

Playing for Rangers in 2017 is showing no ambition other than to fill a bank account and hide from testing yourself in England. 

He wouldn't get  a game for Celtic reserves.  He's chasing the dollar and fair play to him , that's his right. So why are we getting so upset about one  guy who downed tools a long time ago  to get what he wants ? We've lost far better players than him and the club is still here.  It just shows what a shit state the club is in that so many are  upset about Walker leaving. It's not so long ago he wouldn't have been good enough to get even near the first team. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
8 hours ago, DavieG said:

Interesting that Holt, Paterson, Nicholson and Walker all wanted to leave and Hearts get the minimum possible return for them 

I wonder why? 

People like you don't understand how football works. There is many variable's that go into the value of a player at this level, such as another clubs willingness to pay, his value on the park (impact), influence in the dressing room etc.

Holt: Not guaranteed first team football at a time when he really needed it, got a small lump sum for the jambos and has proceeded to do the square root of hee haw for them

Paterson: we turned down big bids for him and he at the end of his deal to make 5x what he made at hearts and managed to get hearts a % sell on fee. Not to mention he has the most impactful player in maroon since Rudi for 2 seasons.

Nicholson: Definite fall out with the administration but still managed to get a sell on fee for the club. Great player on his game and certainly contributed a lot in terms of quality to the squad a time when we lacked a lot

Walker: Our best player, contributing 15-20 goals a season. However, another clubs willingness to pay does not match out value of what he can provide for us next season. Therefore, we have kept him and I think he has put in some excellent performances this term and will only continue to improve with our run of home games.

In conclusion, you're clueless, pathetic and a waste of space.

4 hours ago, Ryder said:

Walker wasn't our main man in the last 5 derbies. He wasn't fit but still had to come on for 8 minutes in the 2-2 game. Along with everyone else he was poor in the 3-1 and 1-0 games. In the Championship he was a crucial part of the team that finished streams ahead of Hibs. It's also debatable he was our main man in those games as a feature of that season was how many good performers we had. Sow was arguably our main man that season. It wasn't like last season where Walker had to carry the whole team at times.

He was our YPOY in his debut season and our POY last season. In 2014/5 he was nominated for Scottish YPOY and the Championship POY. He's handled this Rangers thing badly but he's got a fantastic scoring record for a midfielder and has played consistently well since getting into the team aside from the Cathro 6 months.

The basic facts are he is our best player right now. To talk about it in Moneyball terms we'd not just have to replace an attacking midfielder if he goes we'd have to replace 10 or so goals a season from midfield going by his recent form, and more than a few assists. I'm all ears what 24 year old attacking midfielder we can pick up who can guarantee that sort of impact for us.

You'd thing head have stored up some goodwill with fans for his overall form, but nope.... pitchforks time again because he doesn't win derbies all on his own.

Bizarre thread timing considering the guy just won us a 3 points that could prove to be a turning point in the season!

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, DavieG said:

Why do you suspect that and who do you think might have treated them badly?

The fact he's been our 'best player' in recent years is a very sad indictment of the state our squad is in.

Jamie Walker, on his day, is a decent footballer. No more, no less.

That's about as much as I see - and I think any of the hype beyond that (including the hype which he himself appears to believe) is overkill.

Jamie Walker is nowhere near as good a player as Jamie Walker believes he is..... and that's a big part of the problem, not just for him, but for youngsters in this country in general.

Score some goals at Scottish championship level, chuck in one decent performance every 6 matches at SPL level and all of a sudden they think they are world beaters.

Regarding the sage with The Rangers. The sooner its over the better. He's made it clear he doesn't want to be here - and for many, myself included, the feeling is mutual.

7 hours ago, Sydney said:

Is your main issue with him that we've not done well in derbies when he's been playing (and you have no confidence in him at all), or is it that he will probably leave Hearts at the end of his contract and might go to Rangers?

For me, neither of them matter.  In my opinion he's one of our better players (maybe our best player) and I'd rather see him playing than not playing.  I don't care if he runs the show or not, if he's picked to play I just want him to contribute to a Hearts performance and lets us walk away with a win.

My main problem is that we have been completely outfought each time, and the players who I’ve looked to take control of the game for us haven’t done it. We now find ourselves approaching another one, and if we don’t have Callachan available, then I’m dreading it. Hate to make comparisons, but their better players have out fought us each time recently, and ours have wilted. 

Yes his contract situation annoys me, but moreso because it doesn’t exactly help you believe that he is committed to the cause, whilst we get outfought by abteam that we historically own completely. Has it affected his performances? Hard to say, but if he gets overrun again, that is exactly what people will believe.

3 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Walker wasn't our main man in the last 5 derbies. He wasn't fit but still had to come on for 8 minutes in the 2-2 game. Along with everyone else he was poor in the 3-1 and 1-0 games. In the Championship he was a crucial part of the team that finished streams ahead of Hibs. It's also debatable he was our main man in those games as a feature of that season was how many good performers we had. Sow was arguably our main man that season. It wasn't like last season where Walker had to carry the whole team at times.

He was our YPOY in his debut season and our POY last season. In 2014/5 he was nominated for Scottish YPOY and the Championship POY. He's handled this Rangers thing badly but he's got a fantastic scoring record for a midfielder and has played consistently well since getting into the team aside from the Cathro 6 months.

The basic facts are he is our best player right now. To talk about it in Moneyball terms we'd not just have to replace an attacking midfielder if he goes we'd have to replace 10 or so goals a season from midfield going by his recent form, and more than a few assists. I'm all ears what 24 year old attacking midfielder we can pick up who can guarantee that sort of impact for us.

You'd thing head have stored up some goodwill with fans for his overall form, but nope.... pitchforks time again because he doesn't win derbies all on his own.

Bizarre thread timing considering the guy just won us a 3 points that could prove to be a turning point in the season!

Going in to the derby, do you think he will stand out and control/win the game for us?

We need a player who will/can do that. I wish Jamie had left in the summer and that we had replaced him with a player who can do that.

Theres nothing bizarre about the timing of the thread, we are about to embark upon a run that includes three direct rivals, one of them our derby rivals and we have been totally shit against them for about two years now. It is players like Jamie Walker that we are looking to to provide a spark and hopefully a bit of magic to win the game. 

We need a player who actually is as good as Jamie thinks he is.

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

My main problem is that we have been completely outfought each time, and the players who I’ve looked to take control of the game for us haven’t done it. We now find ourselves approaching another one, and if we don’t have Callachan available, then I’m dreading it. Hate to make comparisons, but their better players have out fought us each time recently, and ours have wilted. 

Yes his contract situation annoys me, but moreso because it doesn’t exactly help you believe that he is committed to the cause, whilst we get outfought by abteam that we historically own completely. Has it affected his performances? Hard to say, but if he gets overrun again, that is exactly what people will believe.

We have been outfought in derbies because the team has been set out to be passive and controlled, and that just doesn't work.

If you're looking for reasons for our recent shocking derby record, then have a look at who is picking the teams and setting out the tactics rather than isolating individual players who were probably as bemused as the rest of us as to the way we approached these games.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We have been outfought in derbies because the team has been set out to be passive and controlled, and that just doesn't work.

If you're looking for reasons for our recent shocking derby record, then have a look at who is picking the teams and setting out the tactics rather than isolating individual players who were probably as bemused as the rest of us as to the way we approached these games.

Thought that was what we did on message boards? Isolated ndividual players for criticism when things aren’t working? That’s certainly been the case with other players. 

letsalllaughathobos

The Walker fan club is a joke, 

Due to some family and friends being on here he is Teflon, 

If he was foreign he would be slaughtered, 

The lad does not give a monkeys about the team who gave him a chance and should be playing with under 19s until his contract runs out, 

Bazzas right boot

Walker isn't to blame for the Derbies ffs. Folk need to stop defining players and teams based on the handful of games v them ( handful because we go promoted and they clown's stayed down), all you are doing is giving any hibs a good laugh at us and just reason to say we're obsessed.

He was our top goal scorer last season and is clearly one of our best players.

Cl has got us playing better, walker will benifit from this.

For me the issue isn't what he's done in the past, it's what will happen in January.

If we get a bid from anyone, do we accept? Jamie doesn't seem to handle the speculation too well ( the social media crap) and if his head is turned, how focussed will he be and what effect will that have on the team and the other players. Cl doesn't suffer fools gladly. Same goes for him signing a pre contract, especially with ranger's. The fans will hound him for every poor piece of play if he's playing for us and signed for them. I can't see any of this benifiting Hearts or Jamie.

If he signs a new contract, great. Maybe a good run will persuade him this is the best place to be for a while, anyway.

If not and we receive any kind of substantial bid, anything North of £250k , we should take it, imo as long as it's used on a replacement player.

Another 6 months of this will do him, his team mates, the fans and just generally Hearts no good.

9 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

The Walker fan club is a joke, 

Due to some family and friends being on here he is Teflon, 

If he was foreign he would be slaughtered, 

The lad does not give a monkeys about the team who gave him a chance and should be playing with under 19s until his contract runs out, 

Our manager seems to think differently

Walker is a decent player and gives us something creative that we don't always appear to have.  Unfortunately that doesn't come out every week, arguably that could be said about every player though.

He's good, he's no John Colquhoun, but he's as good as we have right now.

He also wants to leave, which is his right, and as has been mentioned previously that is part and parcel of the game today.  Would have been nice to get a decent transfer for him, but our door wasn't exactly being beaten down by potential suitors.  Which perhaps tells its own story.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Walker is a decent player and gives us something creative that we don't always appear to have.  Unfortunately that doesn't come out every week, arguably that could be said about every player though.

He's good, he's no John Colquhoun, but he's as good as we have right now.

He also wants to leave, which is his right, and as has been mentioned previously that is part and parcel of the game today.  Would have been nice to get a decent transfer for him, but our door wasn't exactly being beaten down by potential suitors.  Which perhaps tells its own story.

Not arguing with any of that. What it all results in however, is us going in to another derby with a lot of expectation on a player who doesn’t want to be here. I’m at the stage where if Ross Callachan and probably Randall aren’t available, then I’m expecting the same again v them. Hopefully the fight that they have injected in to us will allow Walker to get away with drifting in and out and maybe he can conjure up a match winner. We have brought in so many midfielders over the last few seasons and yet here we are still with walker as our creative influence in the middle. Djoum needs to take some responsibility too, he’s the other guy in there who should have been winning his battles and dominating games. Both have tended to wilt when we’ve needed them most however. It’s bizarre how Martin takes so much abuse and nobody gets upset about it. When it’s Walker though? Suddenly that’s not acceptable.

I genuinely am desperate for this thread to be bumped and rammed down my throat next month. Just not seeing it as very likely unfortunately.

Ryder - it sounds like you are shiting it before a derby.  Hearts players (and fans) should never approach a Hibs game with that attitude.

I hate losing to them - but I have never ever gone into a derby fearing that we would lose.

I always expect a Hearts team managed by Levein to get stuck in.  We will be fine.  We will be even better with an on form Walker playing for us.

41 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Thought that was what we did on message boards? Isolated ndividual players for criticism when things aren’t working? That’s certainly been the case with other players. 

Ok, then why not see how he actually performs in the derby with a Levein team before we crucify him?

There will be 10 other players starting who will also be under the microscope when we play them so it's a bit harsh to focus on one guy.

Archived