What are your thoughts on Jamie Walker?

Beast Boy

I think we need to work him to the bone each week until he finally ****s off to his favourites.

There are some pretty good looking players coming through just now, and we should be looking forward to that. 

Walker can honour his contract with us, and then leave... I’m looking forward to the day we have no players on our books who want to be with a direct rival more than HMFC.

I don’t even have my dead ancestors (who would bleed maroon) on my tee-shirt/shin pads either... so I obviously can’t compare to Jamie “SEVCO” Walker.

just saying...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will always be players who are looking for a bigger club, and sometimes that club will be in Glasgow.

If he leaves, he needs to perform to the best of his ability with us before then and hopefully Levein can motivate him to do just that.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Pathetic, Jamie's tried his socks off this season and he will do until the end of his contract. After that he is free to do as he pleases. He's our best player and we're a far worse team when he's not playing. 

Geoff the Mince

I will be glad when he's gone , for a guy who came through the ranks and supports us 

I've found his attitude and performances for the Callander year to be unacceptable .

The odd good game in 6 is not good enough and I won't comment on the contract situation .

scott herbertson

My thoughts are 

he's our best player

we should play him as long as he shows on the pitch and in training that he wants to play,  which he has been doing as far as I can see

that I'll leave it to Levein to judge that

that he could be the guy that beats the Hibs

That Id like that a lot

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Pathetic, Jamie's tried his socks off this season and he will do until the end of his contract. After that he is free to do as he pleases. He's our best player and we're a far worse team when he's not playing. 

Inclined to agree. He's not signing a new contract, he'll be away by, or before, the Summer but while he is here we may as well get as much as possible out of him.

He'll have my support as long as he's a Hearts player and CL is content to have him in the team.

16 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I've found his attitude and performances for the Callander year to be unacceptable .

Oh, I don't know. He's done some Stirling work...

With just a few months left before he signs his hallowed Hun-contract, we are thankfully doing the right thing by blooding lots of good young players who will hopefully take his place. 

One of the things I really appreciate about the club since Budge and Levein took over, is that we no longer pander to thicko young players who are desperate to scurry along the M8.

Lets just let those sorts **** off. Let’s invest our hopes and appreciation in the next batch instead.

scott herbertson
14 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Good Crieff, the standard of

jokes on here is Killin me...

• redm changed the title to What are your thoughts on Jamie Walker?
23 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

He might even try to get an early Bath.

Always detest any of our players going to the OF but if that's what he plans to do there is really nothing we can do to stop it. I would be grateful for what he has done for us and hope he flopped if he was at a rival.

It's not exclusive to the SPL, quite common place across Europe. In the Bundesliga and Serie A especially so many teams buying other teams players - until we can offer a wage that makes a player think twice (not saying we ever will) they will always move on to the OF or down south if the offer comes in, that's the way it is now thanks to money.

1 minute ago, a11ank said:

Maybe it's time for Craig to Ayr the contract stuff again?

Sorry a11ank, I don’t understand. Can you explain?

1 minute ago, RS86 said:

Always detest any of our players going to the OF but if that's what he plans to do there is really nothing we can do to stop it. I would be grateful for what he has done for us and hope he flopped if he was at a rival.

It's not exclusive to the SPL, quite common place across Europe. In the Bundesliga and Serie A especially so many teams buying other teams players - until we can offer a wage that makes a player think twice (not saying we ever will) they will always move on to the OF or down south if the offer comes in, that's the way it is now thanks to money.

I would agree if he had actually bothered his arse a bit more. His derby record would be interesting.

1 minute ago, a11ank said:

I was following the joke in the thread using different towns. Perhaps you missed them  (Ayr... air... reintroduce?)

:facepalm:

goddamnit

yeah, sorry. I get it now.

Just now, a11ank said:

No problem. My sense of humour is crap anyway....

Nah, it was funny. I’m just a bit stupid. :lol:

I'm going to stop now because this thread will be the one that Leeds to lots more silly town jokes and I don't want to be held responsible.

Back to Jamie.  I just hope he starts playing like he can, whether he says or goes!

If he is ripping up the opposition for arse paper and does it against Hibs and Rangers, that'll be good enough for me...

Did anyone know that there is a wee village in Worcestershire, England called Bell End?

Honestly, there really is.

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

I think we need to work him to the bone each week until he finally ****s off to his favourites.

There are some pretty good looking players coming through just now, and we should be looking forward to that. 

Walker can honour his contract with us, and then leave... I’m looking forward to the day we have no players on our books who want to be with a direct rival more than HMFC.

I don’t even have my dead ancestors (who would bleed maroon) on my tee-shirt/shin pads either... so I obviously can’t compare to Jamie “SEVCO” Walker.

just saying...

Interesting that Holt, Paterson, Nicholson and Walker all wanted to leave and Hearts get the minimum possible return for them 

I wonder why? 

2 minutes ago, DavieG said:

Interesting that Holt, Paterson, Nicholson and Walker all wanted to leave and Hearts get the minimum possible return for them 

I wonder why? 

That IS interesting David. What are your thoughts m8?

Odd thread immediately after Jamie was the most important player in us collecting three points in an away game.

But then maybe looking for reason on JKB is a fool's Arran.

Still wouldn't be shocked if he signed a contract extension with us. Would be pleased in fact.

7 minutes ago, DavieG said:

I wonder why? 

Money.

Next question ?

1 minute ago, Ugly American said:

Odd thread immediately after Jamie was the most important player in us collecting three points in an away game.

But then maybe looking for reason on JKB is a fool's Arran.

Still wouldn't be shocked if he signed a contract extension with us. Would be pleased in fact.

:phface:

maroonnicky63

I think there is a chance he wont sign for Rangers as there was also a couple of championship clubs that were interested but didn't want to pay a fee.

Johnny Sandiego

Strange time to be asking this after a goal and assist at the weekend. Although he didnt look quite up to the standard of where he was this time last season, it was his best game in a long time. For me if a player is playing well then thats what matters most.

The contract situation has been talked about to death now and isnt going to be resolved. If Walker goes on a decent run over the next few weeks, scores against either Hibs or the huns then he should get the full backing of the fans. 

Like any other player if his form drops then he shouldnt play.

Look, I have no problem with him leaving. Thats the nature of the beast with modern football. 1 club players are unbelievably rare and even then its only in rare cases the player stays through some loyalty and affinity with the club - Totti, more often that not they're too shit to get a move but not that shit they're worth replacing - Lewis Stevenson, or playing for a top tier club so no reason to move as money and competition are perfect - Messi.

My issue is with who he is hell bent on joining. I want Hearts players to look beyond the M8 and it pisses me off Walker is choosing the 'big fish in a little pond' route. Its pathetic. Walker could try his hand down south and perhaps succeed, perhaps not. But at least he'd have tried.

I think another part of my anger about it is the fact the huns are on their arse. Every player we feed them puts them slightly closer to not being a basket case (and for things to revert back to 20 point gaps between 2nd and 3rd).

If he walks on a free down south he goes with my best wishes.

scott herbertson
39 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Did anyone know that there is a wee village in Worcestershire, England called Bell End?

Honestly, there really is.

I used to to live near Pratt’s Bottom

i know someone with the surname Pratt

i don’t think they ever considered moving into the villages though

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I used to to live near Pratt’s Bottom

i know someone with the surname Pratt

i don’t think they ever considered moving into the villages though

article-2188441-030B5F980000044D-876_634

It's obvious Walker is going to be the last ever player to leave for Glasgow.

Well, that's the way some Hearts fans act.  Obviously any new young players we bring through in the future will never want to play for either of the uglies, ever, yip, Walker will be the last. :rolleyes2:

I hate to think what level of dislike will be thrust upon the next quality youngster who may happen to have an ambition to play through there? Hero to zero because of it.

Don't get me wrong, I deplore selling to them but sometimes the club has no choice.

At the moment though Walker is a Hearts player and may not even end up there. If he does then it's disappointing but I refuse to dislike him while he wears a maroon jersey.

The average footballers career is short 20 years at most. You can stay at Hearts for 4-5K a year or move to another not necessarily bigger club but one that offers substantially more. That move can set you up for the rest of your life as long as your smart with the money. Who would blame Walker if he chose a better paying club.

jambo-in-furness

While he's a Hearts employee I expect him to give his all, every game, if he doesn't then stick him in the development squad.

it would be nice if he signed a new contract but I along with many others won't be holding my breath.

33 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I think there is a chance he wont sign for Rangers as there was also a couple of championship clubs that were interested but didn't want to pay a fee.

I find that strange given the money slushing around down there.  

I do wonder if there's a chance he might sign a new deal. Probably very unlikely. If club have offered him the best terms possible there isn't much more we can do. The players' contribution needs to be reflective of highest earner status imo. I can only presume that status was pre Berra and Lafferty as we surely weren't offering him terms north of those extended to the aforementioned pair. 

Bazzas right boot

I personally don't have an issue, however if he signs a pre contract in January I can't see it going well .

If he runs it down without a pre contract being signed, it may work. If it's public knowledge that he's signed for Rangers while playing for us, I don't see it working.

IMO I'd take anything North of £250k, add to it,  and try and get Cadden or Moult.

Best case, he signs a two year extension and we get Moult and Cadden with Snodgrass on loan In January to help our title tilt after our 10 game winning streak that started v St Johnstone back in mid October has us in 2nd place a point off Celtic.

11 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

The average footballers career is short 20 years at most. You can stay at Hearts for 4-5K a year or move to another not necessarily bigger club but one that offers substantially more. That move can set you up for the rest of your life as long as your smart with the money. Who would blame Walker if he chose a better paying club.

There are ways and means though.

Jamie Walker has acted like a fool and therefor deserves to be treated like one. 

7 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I personally don't have an issue, however if he signs a pre contract in January I can't see it going well .

If he runs it down without a pre contract being signed, it may work. If it's public knowledge that he's signed for Rangers while playing for us, I don't see it working.

IMO I'd take anything North of £250k, add to it,  and try and get Cadden or Moult.

Best case, he signs a two year extension and we get Moult and Cadden with Snodgrass on loan In January to help our title tilt after our 10 game winning streak that started v St Johnstone back in mid October has us in 2nd place a point off Celtic.

Since when is Snodgrass coming up here? Surely that is complete fantasy.

50 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Talk about hot property!

As soon as he agrees the pre-contract with Rangers, we drop him to the reserves and not even a place on the bench.

scott herbertson
16 minutes ago, indianajones said:

There are ways and means though.

Jamie Walker has acted like a fool and therefor deserves to be treated like one. 

By not not treating him like a fool Craig Levein has got him back on form. What would be the purpose , other than the satisfaction of revenge, in treating him like a fool?

Needs to keep scoring or assisting every week to realise his potential.

is every bit as good if not better than McGinn at his best , 

huge season for him , if I was his dad I would tell him to sign a years extension and consentrate on becoming the player he can be. 

Archived