Strangest thing you've ever witnessed

Jeff

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, Alwayssunnyingorgie said:

You should have ran the weirdo over. 

There was a van in front of me at the time unfortunately . I was hoping he would do the honour and run over the weirdos balls. Well they were those wooden club like things they use but who cares, an eejit is an eejit.:smile:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remembered a strange one from a few weeks back. While walking home from work I spotted a woman in an electric wheelchair very slowly heading down the road. Not the pavement - the road, at barely above my walking pace (probably about 4-5mph tops). There were cars coming up behind her at 30mph each rapidly breaking to a near-stop giving her an incredulous WTF stare as they overtook. She didn't react at all, continued on around a mini-roundabout and pulled off and down the middle of the next road too. Bizarre.

It was like a scene from Trigger Happy TV.

All roads lead to Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Just remembered a strange one from a few weeks back. While walking home from work I spotted a woman in an electric wheelchair very slowly heading down the road. Not the pavement - the road, at barely above my walking pace (probably about 4-5mph tops). There were cars coming up behind her at 30mph each rapidly breaking to a near-stop giving her an incredulous WTF stare as they overtook. She didn't react at all, continued on around a mini-roundabout and pulled off and down the middle of the next road too. Bizarre.

It was like a scene from Trigger Happy TV.

There was a woman who used to charge about the pavements of the west end like Lewis Hamilton on one of those electric wheelchairs. I wonder how many unsuspecting pedestrians got there ankles clipped by the terror of the pavements.

On holiday in Tenerife about 30 years ago having just moved down south. My wife ends up talking to a family from Aberdeen - the grandad is kind of in the same industry and happens know some of the guys my wife worked with previously in Edinburgh. They have a discussion about a mutually hated guy  and we move on. That night the son in law  (after the grandparents have gone to bed) runs off and comes back with a photo of himself . He knows by now where  live in England  , he asks me if I recognize the setting , I say i do it's a small town about 20 miles from my new home. He says it's a picture  of him as a youngster  , that he's English by birth but got adopted and ended up in Aberdeen (400 miles away).  He makes me promise not to tell his in-laws , they don't know he's English  and he thinks it's embarrassing.

The following week (after that family had gone home) me and missus are leaving the pool and walk past a couple sitting eating , my wife greets the couple in a very familiar way (I didn't have a clue who they were) so i ask who the hell were they ? She says , that's the guy we were slagging off last week.

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 08:42, Jeff said:

No idea why but this morning I've woke up tired and my minds gone AWOL and I've been thinking about a lot of stuff that happened in the past.

One time when I was maybe 14/15, me and my mate were walking back from a sports bar in Bainsford, Falkirk (god held up) and this woman came sprinting out a pub screaming. Me and my mate at that age found this funny, although in hindsight it's actually fairly worrying. Anyways we are pi$$ing ourselves and are looking back to see where this woman goes, next minute we turn around and this guy that can only be described as a Hagrid tribute act has also came running out the same pub sprinting after this woman whilst playing a tune on an acoustic guitar.... Only in Bainsford

Absolute bizarre looking back at it.

So anyways, any great stories?

A few weeks ago I was walking through the centre of the newish shopping district in the centre of Bath. It was around 10.00 maybe earlier and these girls came flying out of the lingerie shop with handfuls of bras and knickers followed by the security. Not sure if they got caught but they did have a good head start on them. Great entertainment  before catching the train to work.

20 hours ago, iantjambo said:

:gok::rofl:

That remains the best typo in internet history 

:rofl:

I still find myself laughing about that from time to time. Tried to explain to mates too. 

3 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

I still find myself laughing about that from time to time. Tried to explain to mates too. 

It was one of those genuine crying with laughter moments.

20 hours ago, Locky said:

Can't even remember what I was posting about that time. :rofl:

It was a thread that was along the lines of “times when your parents embarrassed you” or something like that.

I think you meant to type “my dad skelped my bare arse in front of my mate” but it beautiful came out as “my dad smelled my bare arse in front of my mate”

As I said above, I genuinely had tears streaming down my face at that one :rofl:

5 hours ago, iantjambo said:

It was a thread that was along the lines of “times when your parents embarrassed you” or something like that.

I think you meant to type “my dad skelped my bare arse in front of my mate” but it beautiful came out as “my dad smelled my bare arse in front of my mate”

As I said above, I genuinely had tears streaming down my face at that one :rofl:

All came rushing back now. Cheers for that. :seething:

Saw a women a couple of years back in The Range take her trolley - the shop type you stick a pound coin in, (full of stuff) onto the ESCALATOR rather than go in the lift!

We were at the till paying when there was an almighty scream as the incline took hold and she couldn't hold on any more, it wedged against the moving rail and twisted round on itself, she fell over, lost her shoes and continued squealing as she lay there and the escalator dragged her upward, the trolley back-flipped smashing the contents and bounced down the line causing a hell of a racket

Luckily she was fine and no-one got hurt - at which point it was safe to laugh a lot

Archived