Well done, Craig Levein

tartofmidlothian

John Gentleman

:jjyay:

3 points from the hoped-for 7 or 8 already...

Next week is a big one. Thistle look to be getting their act together a wee bit, but they are playing on Tuesday vs Newhun.

We can win at Firhill, but it could be another battle. After today, I'm sure we have the stones for it.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Different club, different ethos, different pitch.........

CL will change the tactics and personnel to suit. It'll be difficult though ? Partick aren't a bad side. Or at least they aren't as bad as their league position would indicate.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're learning to win games and to win ugly ... that's a great sign and a long way from where we have came ... same team under Cathro would have lost that game in all honesty

Augers well for the future

There will be games where we expect to get a result that we may not get but I think most of us just wanted to see signs that we could battle and start competing and that there is life in the side

Craig has us competing again and these wins however we get them will only start breeding confidence from within the team and this is hugely important

We have to stay patient and realistic to a degree but looking forward to the remainder of games ... well done Craig, ur making a big difference being back in the dug out

i wish jj was my dad

Some good posts here.

I absolutely agree about how good it is to see us being competitive again. It's fantastic when we see the kind of stuff we did in 97-98 but we've got to get the basics done first. Big Craig will see to that.

Under Cathro we'd have rolled over in the second half yesterday and lost the game. Great to see the dig all over the pitch and the slide tackles from Walker and Callachan were very pleasing to see.

tartofmidlothian

What a first rate interview he gave after the match.

?That was a typical, gritty Scottish game, the kind that makes good defenders. I didn?t feel Hamilton would score based on how we defended, so it was great to see our defenders hanging in there and not panicking.

?Hamilton?s midfield is a tough one to fight against, so it was a scrap at times today. It does our confidence the world of good, however, to know that when there?s a fight on the pitch, that we can dig deep and grind out a win like that.?

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6195

tartofmidlothian

He's dealing well with Walker as well.

"Jamie was brilliant, wasn?t he??, the manager enthused. ?I told him that his performance today was fantastic. He did what Jamie Walker does, a great bit of skill in midfield to set up the first goal, he led the pressing from the front, which he?s not normally associated with.

?He worked his socks off for the team today, and I thought he was outstanding.?

He's dealing well with Walker as well.

"Jamie was brilliant, wasn?t he??, the manager enthused. ?I told him that his performance today was fantastic. He did what Jamie Walker does, a great bit of skill in midfield to set up the first goal, he led the pressing from the front, which he?s not normally associated with.

?He worked his socks off for the team today, and I thought he was outstanding.?

CL is playing a blinder with JW

i wish jj was my dad

What a first rate interview he gave after the match.

?That was a typical, gritty Scottish game, the kind that makes good defenders. I didn?t feel Hamilton would score based on how we defended, so it was great to see our defenders hanging in there and not panicking.

?Hamilton?s midfield is a tough one to fight against, so it was a scrap at times today. It does our confidence the world of good, however, to know that when there?s a fight on the pitch, that we can dig deep and grind out a win like that.?

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6195

Excellent interview on the radio and some good stuff in the article.

It just feels much safer with him back in the dugout.

Excellent interview on the radio and some good stuff in the article.

It just feels much safer with him back in the dugout.

It really does. I was disappointed at first when he was announced (as I felt we needed some freshness in the club), but quickly came around to the idea as CL is totally HMFC, a winner and most definitely will get us sorted. I am delighted to see it happening so quickly.

tartofmidlothian

It really does. I was disappointed at first when he was announced (as I felt we needed some freshness in the club), but quickly came around to the idea as CL is totally HMFC, a winner and most definitely will get us sorted. I am delighted to see it happening so quickly.

:spoton:

People talk about players and managers having 'found their level' as though it's a bad thing. It's a definite positive with Levein, though. His level is as an excellent Scottish Premiership manager, I reckon he can take us places once he's properly found his feet.

Archived