Well done, Craig Levein

tartofmidlothian

Levein is hated by anti hearts morons like you. People are just happy the desire and hunger to win games is back.

I urge you to look through every post i've ever posted on here since 2006 and find a post of me saying anything about hating Levein. Or you could just make crazy assumptions, either or.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Levein disappointed but praises players

FT: Hearts 0-0 Aberdeen

Hearts manager Craig Levein was disappointed despite taking a point against last year's runners-up.

"I suppose Aberdeen are flying just now and, in the cold light of tomorrow, I might be happy with the point," he said. "But I don't feel that now.

"I think we got caught up in the whole occasion and Aberdeen started well.

"However, we worked hard and the game started tor turn in our favour.

"From the first minute to the last, they kept going and, for the last 15 minutes, we had Aberdeen on the ropes.

"I think, if we had got the goal, we would have gone on to win.

"Joe Lewis is off my Christmas card list as I don't know how he made some of those saves."

Got to admit that is a breath of fresh air compared to the rambling pish we had to suffer from Cathro!!!

We played well, took ages to settle and showed them too much respect for the first 25 mins or so. Levein has us solid and hard to beat, he also has us threatening going forward.

If it weren't for their keeper, we'd have won very comfortably. Whilst a draw at home isn't worth celebrating, the performance certainly is. You have to be a ***** not to recognise that.

Or not at the game? Therefore not seeing the performance. Listening to it on the radio for second half and hearing whoever the reporter was say "i haven't seen an Aberdeen side take a battering like this in a half hour period in the past 20 years" and then hearing Lafferty not pull the trigger first time from 6 yards left me feeling frustrated and pretty disappointed tbh - especially when we used to put Aberdeen away like they were Hibs.

Morgaro Gomis

Or not at the game? Therefore not seeing the performance. Listening to it on the radio for second half and hearing whoever the reporter was say "i haven't seen an Aberdeen side take a battering like this in a half hour period in the past 20 years" and then hearing Lafferty not pull the trigger first time from 6 yards left me feeling frustrated and pretty disappointed tbh - especially when we used to put Aberdeen away like they were Hibs.

True, or not at the game.

If that's the case though, those peoples opinion on the game and the way folk are happy aren't worth listening to.

True, or not at the game.

If that's the case though, those peoples opinion on the game and the way folk are happy aren't worth listening to.

Yeh, fair enough.

Listen if we were as good as people are saying, then brilliant. But I ****ing despise Aberdeen and hate the love in that the media have for the way they play. Plus i'd have loved for our resident poster from Aberdeen to have explained his teams 3-0 drubbing. Sounds like Levein got Jamie Walker back in line also which is a good thing.

Walter Bishop

Was against his appointment and not scared to admit it, however I thought we were great today and Levein deserves credit for bringing back the fight and desire that was on show today.

Long may it continue!

Great performance from the. Boys really should have won . Ross Callachan had a terrific debut onwards and upwards:D

MacDonald Jardine

Was against his appointment and not scared to admit it, however I thought we were great today and Levein deserves credit for bringing back the fight and desire that was on show today.

Long may it continue!

I'm with you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A promising 90 minutes. We disrupted Aberdeen's rhythm and played to our strengths by being direct and pressing the ball. We also wanted to compete today which is what we have absolutely been lacking for several weeks, if not months. Make no mistake, Cathro's set up would have seen us over run and defeated 3 or 4 nil. We were compact, resolute and direct. Maximise our capabilities and we'll be fine.

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes on BBC Radio Scotland: "Any time you come away from home and are not at our best and get a clean sheet, you have to lick your wounds and take the points.

"I thought we were outstanding in the first half but were not clinical enough.

"I think Christophe Berra has pulled Adam Rooney's shirt early on in the penalty box.

"Hearts are a good team, they have good players and I think they came after us a bit quicker after the break and were a bit better than us in the second half.

"On the balance of play, I think we've deserved the point although Hearts had the better chances."

McInnes was full of praise for goalkeeper Joe Lewis.

"Joe makes all the saves look comfortable, but he fills the goal and always looks like he is in control of the situation, but he made some brilliant saves," he said.

Long may it continue!

I'll put my hand up to that too.

Wouldn't have been my choice as manager, and we handled the whole thing chronically, but if he gets that level of performance out of us most weeks then I will have no complaints

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Levein is hated by anti hearts morons like you. People are just happy the desire and hunger to win games is back.

Correct Leslie.

What a performance today. Can't wait to see the team realise their full potential. It seems Craig hungry for success and I reckon he'll give us some memorable results during his time here, just like his last time.

Equally delighted and devastated today. How did we not win. :(

yabadabadoo1874again

Hearts manager Craig Levein was disappointed despite taking a point against last year's runners-up.

"I suppose Aberdeen are flying just now and, in the cold light of tomorrow, I might be happy with the point," he said. "But I don't feel that now.

"From the first minute to the last, they kept going and, for the last 15 minutes, we had Aberdeen on the ropes.

"Joe Lewis is off my Christmas card list as I don't know how he made some of those saves."

Solid appraisal!!! : )

Thunderstruck

We were pretty rubbish first 25 minutes but I think he pushed the press up 10 yards and we dominated after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was break in play about half way through the first half when he called Berra over for a quick chat. That seemed to do the trick and the game moved much more into their half. McInnes didn't seem able to counter the change.

Are the Anti-Leveiners perhaps prepared to admit that maybe Levein wasn't the puppetmaster dictating things from his DoF role during Cathro's reign after all?

Because that was quite blatantly different from what we witnessed under Cathro, which wouldn't make any sense if Cathro was just his lapdog.

First 20mins were really poor, a wee 2min conversation between McPhee and Levein seemed to sort things out and we went on to play well and control the game.

More of the last 65mins please from the start and there will be no complaints from me.

Well done Levein, well done the players.

Tremendous performance today. Defended well in the first 20 minutes when Aberdeen were on top but once we found our rhythm we were excellent. Really disappointed not to win but delighted the real Hearts are back. Organised, confident, energetic and aggressive. Only missing a little bit of luck in front of goal. I thought Callachan was outstanding.

Well done Craig Levein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wish jj was my dad

McInnes has had years to build a team.  CL has had two weeks.

After a nervous start which was understandable given the changes we made we dominated the remaining 60+ minutes and created umpteen chances against a team with a 100% record. How we ended up with just a point is beyond me.

So you werent even at the game ? deary ****ing me.....

For the first time in months, it sounded like we played with balls and a never say die attitude. It says a lot that we should be disappointed not to win, even though we took Aberdeen's first points of the season from them.

The right man is in charge, I'm convinced.

We played well. Especially in the second half. A few great saves from their keeper, and wasted chances from us stopped us from winning. The fight and spirit was back though. So whilst disappointed with a draw, I am not annoyed or angry.

Bridge of Djoum

Are the Anti-Leveiners perhaps prepared to admit that maybe Levein wasn't the puppetmaster dictating things from his DoF role during Cathro's reign after all?

Because that was quite blatantly different from what we witnessed under Cathro, which wouldn't make any sense if Cathro was just his lapdog.

They were told this time and time again. It clearly wasn't a Levein team under Cathro and it was clear he wasn't looking for advice from CL. Quite how some perceived CL was interfering is incredible.

The thought process you describe would require a handful of firing neurones - for that reason I doubt the Levein-haters will have made the connection.

Rest assured they'll be on here after our next disappointing result with all the 460 pish.

Well done to Craig Levein enjoyed the game today lots of fight and spirit back in the team, deserved to win but would have taken a point before the game.

i wish jj was my dad

Got to admit that is a breath of fresh air compared to the rambling pish we had to suffer from Cathro!!!

I listened on my way out of the ground and he sounded gutted.  His reaction was pretty similar to mine TBH.

Passengers wont be tolerated under Levein. And that's been our problem in recent times. Didn't make the game today, but by all accounts he had wee deek on toast second half. And had us hungry from the get go. We hoped for that off the bat and got it. Let's get away now from the Levein is a negative manager bullshit that will still be perpetuated by the media.

And are the Cathro defenders prepared to finally apologise for calling people pant wetters and wee foot stampers for wanting rid of Cathro??

So you werent even at the game ? deary ******* me.....

Crazy you hadn't worked that out from my first post. Apologies for taking the kids out for the day you all superior being.

Son Of Anarchy

Crazy you hadn't worked that out from my first post. Apologies for taking the kids out for the day you all superior being.

Why not take them to the game? ******* part time whingebags ;)

The naysayrrs will be absent tonight on here.Good result not long ago we would have just rolled over.Different hearts team now.Onwards and upwards

Funnily enough just after the match I met one of Leveins biggest critic on here, first thing he said, What a load of crap, typical Levein, boring played for a draw, I laughed at him, as soon as we lose he will be on here, blaming Levein for everything, unfortunately you get fans, of all clubs I may add, who make there minds up instantly about players or managers, and are not man or intelligent enough to admit they might be wrong occasionally

Why not take them to the game? ******* part time whingebags ;)

:lol:

I did suggest that but she made plans to take them out with her pals kids.

To be fair my wee lad is only just turned 3 and has been to Tynie and McDairmid Park. I didn't go to my first game 'til I was about 15 so he's doing alright :lol:

So Craig Levein, the manager of Hearts, admits sending Christmas cards to footballers in opposition teams, and he claims to be a "Hearts man"?!

How can this guy be trusted?

Levein oot!!!

::troll:::'>

Very encouraging against a very good Aberdeen. The team will take huge confidence from that.

And that performance was a big GIRUY to the Levein haters to boot.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

He pushed the team 10 yards higher up the park after 25 minutes. Dominated from then.

Definitely. But even when they had all the possession, we had the better chances.

So Craig Levein, the manager of Hearts, admits sending Christmas cards to footballers in opposition teams, and he claims to be a "Hearts man"?!

How can this guy be trusted?

Levein oot!!!

::troll:::'>

It's a disgrace. He's clearly Hibs and is tearing us down from the inside.

Admin 2 by christmas.

alicante jambo

Funnily enough just after the match I met one of Leveins biggest critic on here, first thing he said, What a load of crap, typical Levein, boring played for a draw, I laughed at him, as soon as we lose he will be on here, blaming Levein for everything, unfortunately you get fans, of all clubs I may add, who make there minds up instantly about players or managers, and are not man or intelligent enough to admit they might be wrong occasionally

Certainly never went out to play for the draw.We couldve had 4 or 5 goals.Ill admit maybe we were a bit cautious the first 25 but thats understandable with 2 new players in there and remember sheep have been flying.Youre right though some folk are set in their ways nothing you can really do about it.

August Landmesser

It's a disgrace. He's clearly Hibs and is tearing us down from the inside.

Admin 2 by christmas.

Just after Christmas, that ?2 he's saving the club on Lewis's card will make the difference...

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

He got pretty much everything right today. Really unlucky not to have beaten Aberdeen. Things are looking up.

Craig is the man.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

My mrs just called it from the title when I read it out. Everything thats wrong with Hearts - happy with a draw against a team we used to batter every time they came to Edinburgh.

WTF?  Were you even at the game?  We battered them for huge parts of the game and if it wasn't for their keeper making at least 3 top drawer saves we would have had the 3 points we thoroughly deserved

Archived