Well done, Craig Levein

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

For the first time in months, it sounded like we played with balls and a never say die attitude. It says a lot that we should be disappointed not to win, even though we took Aberdeen's first points of the season from them.

The right man is in charge, I'm convinced.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

Yep.. Maybe the naysayers will trap it now.. Not a doubt in my mind hes the man for the job.. Best we've played for a very very long time

For the first time in months, it sounded like we played with balls and a never say die attitude. It says a lot that we should be disappointed not to win, even though we took Aberdeen's first points of the season from them.

The right man is in charge, I'm convinced.

I'd echo that , the one thing about Craig leveins teams is that they had bottle, we have been soft for too long

Nucky Thompson

He wasn't my choice for manager, but he'll have us hard to beat and fighting and scraping for every point.

That's all most of us were asking for.

Good start

alicante jambo

Yep.. Maybe the naysayers will trap it now.. Not a doubt in my mind hes the man for the job.. Best we've played for a very very long time

The naysayrrs will be absent tonight on here.Good result not long ago we would have just rolled over.Different hearts team now.Onwards and upwards

Bridge of Djoum

Does this mean people will stop saying he was picking the team??

Sadly, it will not. 

I guess those folk will switch to, ''aye but now his jobs on the line he huz tae try noo''. ''Annz goat um telt''

Arseholes.

We were pretty rubbish first 25 minutes but I think he pushed the press up 10 yards and we dominated after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The team came out flying in the 2nd half - something we never did under Neilso or Cathro.........you have to give CL credit for that alone!

kingantti1874

The team came out flying in the 2nd half - something we never did under Neilso or Cathro.........you have to give CL credit for that alone!

Mate.. Hes was a good manager first time, did a tremendous job at united.. This negative football stuff is over stated.

He pushed the team 10 yards higher up the park after 25 minutes. Dominated from then.

alicante jambo

Mate.. Hes was a good manager first time, did a tremendous job at united.. This negative football stuff is over stated.

The negative stuff should fu-- off now.The hobos on here can run back to the gutters and let their compatriots know hearts are back and the haters should stop being so fu--ing negative and get behind the team.Different times now and it'll only get better.

Certainly a different effort than we have seen for a long time. I thought Callahan s play  made a tremendous difference to our midfield actually somebody that can play box to box. Well done Mr Levien and the Hearts team long may the effort continue.

He's a decent manager.. 

This boring, negative football is pish spouted by idiots.. 

I've never left a game disappointed when we've won.. I'd take 1-0 wins every week.. 

By all accounts we were unlucky today.. if we can build on this and improve our home form then it'll be a great season..

That's the Hearts I love. Passion and good play. Deserved the 3 points today against a very good side . Brilliant compared to the last 9 months

My mrs just called it from the title when I read it out. Everything thats wrong with Hearts - happy with a draw against a team we used to batter every time they came to Edinburgh.

Solid game today and had us battling. We were unlucky to not win that.

Callaghan could be a real find on that evidence.

My mrs just called it from the title when I read it out. Everything thats wrong with Hearts - happy with a draw against a team we used to batter every time they came to Edinburgh.

Progress. he has a rebuild on his hands and today was a decent start to that journey.

This is where I'm at. People have let his stint as Scotland manager cloud their judgment I think.

Can understand opposition fans thinking he's shite but our own fans seem to have forgotten the good work he did last time.

Be interesting to see how United fans view him

We were pretty rubbish first 25 minutes but I think he pushed the press up 10 yards and we dominated after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. You are correct. He saw where Aberdeen were dominating and changed it. Cathro would have just stood there, hands in pockets, glaikit look on his stupid puss and done f'caw. And we'd have been hammered. Like i say, the difference a real Manager makes is there for all to see.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Morgaro Gomis

:rofl: your Mrs is obviously a *****, much like yourself then.

A point against a team most, probably including yourself, would have expected to run over us 3/4 nil before the game, isn't a bad result.

We dominated and I've no idea how we didn't win that game, that is why most are quite happy with what they've seen. Significant improvements compared to previously.

Progress. he has a rebuild on his hands and today was a decent start to that journey.

I get that mate, but we really should have won today we were all over them. Frustration should be the overwhelming feeling, not praise.

kingantti1874

there was a vast improvement.. We've been ****ing shite for a year.. We weren't "happy to draw" we were damn unlucky not to win..

Cheer the **** up

He pushed the team 10 yards higher up the park after 25 minutes. Dominated from then.

All sounds good!

It's more the performance that folk are happy with though. Considering how poor hearts have been lately folk can now see signs of improvement.

Levein disappointed but praises players

FT: Hearts 0-0 Aberdeen

Hearts manager Craig Levein was disappointed despite taking a point against last year's runners-up.

"I suppose Aberdeen are flying just now and, in the cold light of tomorrow, I might be happy with the point," he said. "But I don't feel that now.

"I think we got caught up in the whole occasion and Aberdeen started well.

"However, we worked hard and the game started tor turn in our favour.

"From the first minute to the last, they kept going and, for the last 15 minutes, we had Aberdeen on the ropes.

"I think, if we had got the goal, we would have gone on to win.

"Joe Lewis is off my Christmas card list as I don't know how he made some of those saves."

Trolling.

Clearly not at the game

Probably Hibs.

It's more the performance that folk are happy with though. Considering how poor hearts have been lately folk can now see signs of improvement.

I get that but it was a game we should have won. Not sure how being dissapointed about that makes me "hibs".

I get that but it was a game we should have won. Not sure how being dissapointed about that makes me "hibs".

Glass half empty kinda guy.

Their keeper was outstanding. Nothing we can do about that I'm afraid.

When the opposition's keeper is there best player it says alot about the other teams performance. Without Joe Lewis today it could have been 2 maybe 3. A good performance and promising stuff. Good to have Craig back in the dugout

First half hour I was very unhappy. We had no width and Isma was totally isolated.

What a transformation 2nd half when the full backs picked forward.

My only gripes against Levein after today are that he didn't hook Djoum who was abysmal, and didn't even try Isma and Lafferty together for 10mins or so. Isma was causing all kind of problems today and I'd have liked to see him feed of big Lafferty.

Would have taken 0-0 at 3pm today. Going home gutted tonight.

Bridge of Djoum

Zzzzzzzz....

Have a day off, will you?

The negative stuff should fu-- off now.The hobos on here can run back to the gutters and let their compatriots know hearts are back and the haters should stop being so fu--ing negative and get behind the team.Different times now and it'll only get better.

This!

Bridge of Djoum

Head half empty kinda guy.

Their keeper was outstanding. Nothing we can do about that I'm afraid.

FTFY.

tartofmidlothian

Levein disappointed but praises players

FT: Hearts 0-0 Aberdeen

Hearts manager Craig Levein was disappointed despite taking a point against last year's runners-up.

"I suppose Aberdeen are flying just now and, in the cold light of tomorrow, I might be happy with the point," he said. "But I don't feel that now.

"I think we got caught up in the whole occasion and Aberdeen started well.

"However, we worked hard and the game started tor turn in our favour.

"From the first minute to the last, they kept going and, for the last 15 minutes, we had Aberdeen on the ropes.

"I think, if we had got the goal, we would have gone on to win.

"Joe Lewis is off my Christmas card list as I don't know how he made some of those saves."

Best Hearts postmatch interview in years. Took a point from one of the best teams in the league and he's pissed off because he knows we could have done better.

That's what I want from a Hearts manager. :yas:

Rome wasn't built in a day. We'll be pumping sheep again soon imo.

I never said you were Hibs mate

You might not be Hibs but you obviously live like a hibby.

You would have to be burning spoons not to realise that while we have

Been in admin.

Been relegated.

Began the rebuilding process.

Hired Cathro.

Signed a new team.

Started building a new stand.

Fired Cathro.

Appointed Levein.

Began the rebuilding process after Cathro ruined the team.

Meanwhile Aberdeen have spent the last 4 years steadily building a team that has comfortably finished second, made it to cup finals and has been the only team remotely capable of getting near celtic.

We got more out of Craig today than we would have out of Cathro. Started a bit jittery, gave them too much time and space and had that been a Cathro team it wouldn't have changed but Levein saw the problem and changed the shape and tactics and turned it into a game we dominated from 20mins onwards. Outside of Celtic I think Aberdeen have the best and quickest midfield/forward line but Souttar, Berra and Hughes had it controlled after that initial period. Best we've been for a long time, not the finished article by a long way but much much better.

It wasn't leveins fault their goalkeeper had a great day or that we weren't good enough to put the ball in the net.

It's obvious there's been progress there , it's about time we left the negativity and got behind the team

Morgaro Gomis

We played well, took ages to settle and showed them too much respect for the first 25 mins or so. Levein has us solid and hard to beat, he also has us threatening going forward.

If it weren't for their keeper, we'd have won very comfortably. Whilst a draw at home isn't worth celebrating, the performance certainly is. You have to be a ***** not to recognise that.

Put the keyboard down Grant Mitchell :rofl:

That how you speak about women you've never met? :lol: Bet your mrs loves you to bits ya welt.

We drew against Aberdeen. No biggy. All I'm saying is Levein was ******* hated on here but now 'cause we got a point hes praised like the messiah. Anyway drop me a PM if your thoughts about me are that strong from one post.

Levein is hated by anti hearts morons like you. People are just happy the desire and hunger to win games is back.

Archived