Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Keep your snidey childish views to yourself.  I response to pretty much every post I am quoted in, what one are you referring to that I missed? 

Childish:facepalm:

Trawl through the thread and look for it.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Which is why I added the second part as I was trying to make a serious point about the misconception that only Alex Salmond said about once in a generation.  He didn’t and I think the people who claim that’s where that came from are either ignorant or trolling.  

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Childish:facepalm:

Trawl through the thread and look for it.

Yeah childish.  I have heated debate on here with Boris, Mikey1874, Ri alban etc.  We don’t agree on much but it’s interesting debating a different view.  

Your contribution is a couple of words and the standard laughing emoji.  

45 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Do you think BJ will give a flying @@@@ what mandate the SNP claim.  He will keep saying no and there’s nothing they can do about it.  

BJ doesnt give a FF about anything other than his own gain.

I will be surprised if hes still in number 10 in a few weeks.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Yeah childish.  I have heated debate on here with Boris, Mikey1874, Ri alban etc.  We don’t agree on much but it’s interesting debating a different view.  

Aye okay.

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

But a declaration of UDI would be open to legal challenge and would get so messy.  

I suppose the UN may have an opinion.

For example The no voters would claim that until the SNP get more votes in an election than voted no last time and this would get dragged through the courts.

Are you being serious?

Plus the UK government could refuse to honour it.

That's more likely!

I’m sure that’s not how anyone wants Scottish independence to be achieved.

Quite.

i do agree though, long term the plan will backfire.

Well, one lives in hope.  He could gamble now, allow it and No wins again.  Gas at peep.

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

BJ doesnt give a FF about anything other than his own gain.

I will be surprised if hes still in number 10 in a few weeks.

I agree. He’s snookered himself good and proper

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Boris said:

I suppose the UN may have an opinion.

Are you being serious?

That's more likely!

Quite.

Well, one lives in hope.  He could gamble now, allow it and No wins again.  Gas at peep.

The point about votes was just something I read.  I agree it’s far fetched but people will be desperate.  

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That’s fair, I just don’t want independence and the best way to see that happen is don’t allow a second referendum.  I know it’s not fair or democratic but there’s nothing the Scottish government can do so long may that stance continue.  

Fair enough, now you just need to take the same ballsy stance regarding Brexit (or what should be on a 2nd ballot).

You cannot act like a weak centrist on Brexit but act like a war leader on Indyref while calling people out for hypocrisy.

Governor Tarkin
22 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Oi, leave me out of this.

Boris promises to abide by the Benn Act and ask for an extension if there is no deal in place.

Boris also promises to leave the EU on 31st October whether or not a deal is ratified.

He's lying about at least one of these things.

1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

From Lorna Gordon - 

"So to repeat government documents submitted to court of session say PM will send a letter asking the EU for an extension if no deal is in place by October 19th. But O'Neill says this is in direct contraction to what pm said earlier this week to Parliament."

Seems to me this is quite clever - using BJs own words to demonstrate he is lying to the court in an affidavit. So, force him to do it. 

The news is hitting the fan 

1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

From Lorna Gordon - 

"So to repeat government documents submitted to court of session say PM will send a letter asking the EU for an extension if no deal is in place by October 19th. But O'Neill says this is in direct contraction to what pm said earlier this week to Parliament."

Seems to me this is quite clever - using BJs own words to demonstrate he is lying to the court in an affidavit. So, force him to do it. 

He was interviewed on STV at the weekend and the interviewer asked him when he last lied.

Question should have been  'It's known that Persident Trump lies several times a day.  When will be the next day be when you won't tell a lie?'

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boris promises to abide by the Benn Act and ask for an extension if there is no deal in place.

Boris also promises to leave the EU on 31st October whether or not a deal is ratified.

Ach in fairness, one of them MAY be a truth too.

:)

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It wasnt just some random on TV.  It was the first minister of Scotland!  

Also you are wrong:

The Scottish Government's official publication on the independence referendum stated that "It is the view of the current Scottish Government that a referendum is a once-in-a-generation opportunity", a point reiterated a few days before the vote by the SNP's then-leader, Alex Salmond, noting the eighteen-year gap ...

He is no longer part of the current government. So that is no argument.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

I think he will wait till the last minute and then resign. He can't afford to go into a General Election (which would then be imminent) up against Farage's Brexit extremists knowing his bluff had been called on No Deal so he cannot afford to agree the extension, got to leave someone else to do it and claim his resignation is his "Die in a Ditch" gesture.

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

I think he will wait till the last minute and then resign. He can't afford to go into a General Election (which would then be imminent) up against Farage's Brexit extremists knowing his bluff had been called on No Deal so he cannot afford to agree the extension, got to leave someone else to do it and claim his resignation is his "Die in a Ditch" gesture.

They've got some scheme to snake around the Benn act,   as well as the simple phrase of saying they will request an extension.      

22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They've got some scheme to snake around the Benn act,   as well as the simple phrase of saying they will request an extension.      

Media reporting it that he will ask for the extension. 

Becoming a real thing. 

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Media reporting it that he will ask for the extension. 

Becoming a real thing. 

They might want to remove all those adverts on TV/radio telling people to be ready for the 31st!  That is going to get embarrassing 

It might be the Government thought it could delay the court proceedings today. They tried to. Still trying to avoid Prime Minister being subject to contempt of court.

Could be simple incompetence. And hubris. 

Edited by Mikey1874

If it happens,  he'll just trumpet some populist rhetoric about being held hostage by parliament.    Maybe sit in the house bound and gagged.   

Nah.   Just as I thought.   Here is the trajectory...

A senior Downing Street source said: "The government will comply with the Benn Act, which only imposes a very specific narrow duty concerning Parliament's letter requesting a delay - drafted by an unknown subset of MPs and pro-EU campaigners - and which can be interpreted in different ways.

"But the government is not prevented by the Act from doing other things that cause no delay, including other communications, private and public.

"People will have to wait to see how this is reconciled. The government is making its true position on delay known privately in Europe and this will become public soon."

31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A senior Downing Street source said: "The government will comply with the Benn Act, which only imposes a very specific narrow duty concerning Parliament's letter requesting a delay - drafted by an unknown subset of MPs and pro-EU campaigners - and which can be interpreted in different ways.

"But the government is not prevented by the Act from doing other things that cause no delay, including other communications, private and public.

"People will have to wait to see how this is reconciled. The government is making its true position on delay known privately in Europe and this will become public soon."

The legislation says more than that. 

No Deal was most likely negotiating. Even with a deal they'll likely need an extension to pass the laws. 

Government position could be

"Due to positive discussions with the EU which are continuing we will now agree an extension to allow a deal to be concluded" 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I pity the snakes...how much more oil can they possibly give.

Please, think of the snakes.

Footballfirst
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Government position could be

"Due to positive discussions with the EU which are continuing we will now agree an extension to allow a deal to be concluded" 

More likely that he will get someone in the government to send a letter on his behalf, but then personally send individual letters to a number of countries leaders, setting out his own view that they should veto any extension request, thus enabling the UK to leave on 31 October on a no deal basis.

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

More likely that he will get someone in the government to send a letter on his behalf, but then personally send individual letters to a number of countries leaders, setting out his own view that they should veto any extension request, thus enabling the UK to leave on 31 October on a no deal basis.

Problem with that is EU acts together. 

If Germany and France (and Ireland) want an extension there will be an extension. 

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why?

Then there should definitely be no Indyref 2 then. The people spoke. 

Am i right

Pish!

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Problem with that is EU acts together. 

If Germany and France (and Ireland) want an extension there will be an extension. 

I'm not convinced that Macron does, although he is likely to follow the lead of Merkel and Varadker.

It only needs one country to say no and BJ will get what he wants.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm not convinced that Macron does, although he is likely to follow the lead of Merkel and Varadker.

There's the thing. See if Scotland vote for independence and then join the EU. Can we veto rUK from rejoining in the future?

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No. It needs Ireland, Germany or France. You read about stories of rogue countries eg Hungary that Farage and others have been trying to persuade to veto extensions. So why did that not happen the last time? 

EU acts on these things as a block. 

manaliveits105

Ireland bankrupt a few years ago and drained the EU - feck them

If a fellow countrymen is assaulted it takes months for a case to be heard - why are our top judges on a string of the snp to hear their complaints about the prime minister ?

Sack the judges

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

If a fellow countrymen is assaulted it takes months for a case to be heard - why are our top judges on a string of the snp to hear their complaints about the prime minister ?

Sack the judges

:rofl:

13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Sack the judges

Sacks the juggler.

43 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Sack the judges

This was written for you. You must be pleased. 

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That doesn't make what you said alright though. 

"I mean they had after all  the "rest of their life".

FFS. Forced from your home at gunpoint and into a camp.

"At least we're no deid though so that's a bonus, eh" :cornette:

At what point does being forcibly herded into a refugee/concentration camp become less of a ballache?

When you've been stripped of your previous home, life, dignity, and liberty?

Or does only being gassed to death register on your 'this is a bit ****ing shite' scale?

"Israel has done some terrible things …" is a quote from the post that so offended you. I was hardly dismissing the fate of so many Palestinians as not worthy of condemnation. But I tire of the indiscriminate use of terms such as Nazi and fascist and,particularly in the context of Israel "concentration camp" which for me diminishes the horrors of the holocaust and disrespects the victims of Nazism and fascism. Boris Johnson. Rees-Mogg , Trump, Nigel Farage are not Nazis or fascists. Too many seem to aim such terms at anyone to the right of Jeremy Corbyn.

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"Israel has done some terrible things …" is a quote from the post that so offended you. I was hardly dismissing the fate of so many Palestinians as not worthy of condemnation. But I tire of the indiscriminate use of terms such as Nazi and fascist and,particularly in the context of Israel "concentration camp" which for me diminishes the horrors of the holocaust and disrespects the victims of Nazism and fascism. Boris Johnson. Rees-Mogg , Trump, Nigel Farage are not Nazis or fascists. Too many seem to aim such terms at anyone to the right of Jeremy Corbyn.

What like "at least they have the rest of their lives" diminishes the horrors of forced eviction and all the other fun stuff, and disrespects the many innocent victims of Israeli policies? 

Regardless, the tone of your original post was heartless, flippant, and dismissive.

A fact that you are either completely unaware of, or unwilling to acknowledge.

It makes you come across as a right horrible *****, which I'm beginning to suspect you may be.

Tragic. Along the same lines as Republicans who have said to me, with a straight face, that leftists made them vote for Donald Trump. It's all the Democrats' fault.

You poor soul, downright exhausted by the indiscriminate use of completely accurate terms to describe fascist ***** like JRM, Trump, Johnson and Farage.

donovanshades.gif

12 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Because there was already a vote on whether to leave or not.  Now people should vote on the preferred method of leaving.  

If remain is on the paper and we narrowly vote to remain do you expect 17.4m people to just shrug their shoulders and move on.  This will drag on and on for years to come until a third ‘decisive’ referendum is held.

for my the ballot should be, no deal, current deal and a third option for something like Customs Union alignment.  

P.s I voted remain 

Cool, so I assume all of the SNP supporters feel the same about the independence referendum then.

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

So do we think Bojo will send a letter requesting an extension and two days later say ignore first or make arrangements with a country just to say FU to a extension?

He'll agree an extension. Could be more about how they go into a General Election.

Here's one possible plan. Basically go into election as 'us' on 'your' side to deliver Brexit versus those wanting to stop it. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What like "at least they have the rest of their lives" diminishes the horrors of forced eviction and all the other fun stuff, and disrespects the many innocent victims of Israeli policies? 

Regardless, the tone of your original post was heartless, flippant, and dismissive.

A fact that you are either completely unaware of, or unwilling to acknowledge.

It makes you come across as a right horrible *****, which I'm beginning to suspect you may be.

Diminishes the horrors of treatment of Palestinians or elevates the unique horrors of Nazi concentration camps?

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )