Kezia Dugdale to resign.

jambos are go!

8 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I'm not too sure she'd want to join the SNP. You know, given how she's a unionist and called Sturgeon a liar over that claimed conversation.

But you know and I know it's all true. If not take her to court.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What's your objection to this? Scotland's population is over 96% white. You didn't say Scottish labour go with the English guy instead of the Scottish guy. Why? Is the election of a Muslim over the white majority more important to your moral outrage, than the election of an Englishman over a Scotsman.

It's catch and release in this pond mate.

9 minutes ago, jb102 said:

One thing's for sure, they just gave any illusion of autonomy away.  Run direct from JC and London now. Idiots.

9 minutes ago, jb102 said:

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

But you know and I know it's all true. If not take her to court.

Why waste time with a court action? It's hardly court worthy. A betrayal if trust perhaps.

On 18/11/2017 at 11:16, jb102 said:

Scottish Labour go with the middle class white guy.

Deary me.

All the parties pander.

The snp in particular with free prescriptions and free further education.

So point scoring on demography probably best avoided.

Especially as child poverty has risen on the snp watch.

But hey blindly defending the snp is the shameful side of independence .

It does my heid in.

11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

One thing's for sure, they just gave any illusion of autonomy away.  Run direct from JC and London now. Idiots.

You make it sound as though these are Machiavellian decisions made by party leadership. It's members and individual affliated members making this choice on the leader and direction.

There's not a shred of proof to what you've indicated.  None.

Leonard is to the left, like Corbyn, of the party. Sarwar put forward a centrist view and has lost through a ballot of members. There's now a lefty leader. Hardly JC pulling the strings.

On 9/2/2017 at 19:38, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Scottish freedom fighter preaches to the masses in Germany today: Ich bin Ein Binliner.

DIuwGX1WAAEyCx6.jpg

Brilliant comment - made me chuckle

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Heard the new Scottish Labour leader on the radio this morning.  Sounded quite impressive, IMO.

Sounded like another eejit

wants to hike taxes- but wont say by how much

wants to re-band people, but no indication

wants to give folks a pay rise in the public sector- but says that for the unions to negotiate in an atmosphere of mutual respect ( same folks he is going to hit with a tax rise presumably!)

tax and spend tax and spend tax and spend repeat to destruction

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Sounded like another eejit

wants to hike taxes- but wont say by how much

wants to re-band people, but no indication

wants to give folks a pay rise in the public sector- but says that for the unions to negotiate in an atmosphere of mutual respect ( same folks he is going to hit with a tax rise presumably!)

tax and spend tax and spend tax and spend repeat to destruction

So he wants to collect more money via taxes and then spend it. Doesn't sound particularly daft to me?

46 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

So he wants to collect more money via taxes and then spend it. Doesn't sound particularly daft to me?

For once we agree.

The gap between rich and poor is now unsustainably high.  Nowadays with computerised taxation software its relatively easy to introduce more bands if required to get a bit more progression into the system.

scott herbertson
16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Collecting taxation and spending it to the benefit of the populace is the sole function of government.

There was me thinking it it was something to do with governing as well. 

You live and learn

20 minutes ago, Cade said:

Collecting taxation and spending it to the benefit of the populace is the sole function of government.

Which governments have done this?

3 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

For once we agree.

The gap between rich and poor is now unsustainably high.  Nowadays with computerised taxation software its relatively easy to introduce more bands if required to get a bit more progression into the system.

Or could just do away with bands altogether and have a flat rate tax system.

1 minute ago, Hunky Dory said:

No longer in Belgium chief!  Done my three years there and have moved on.  But you're right, lets not go over old ground again for both of our sanities.

I'd have stayed over there! Half thinking of bolting before the end of times here. Indy Scotland v Brexit Britain... really have little time for either.

32 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

What right have you got to complain about socioeconomic disparities when you support the status quo?

Who said I support the status quo?

if you care to look I have been consistent about this issue since the beginning and even posted that I would support any SNP usage of their tax powers to balance taxation more fairly. 

But it they didn’t.  They whines about getting the power then when they got it they bottled it.   It is now Labour who are driving this issue with the SNP playing catch up.

so girfuy

1 hour ago, deesidejambo said:

if you care to look I have been consistent about this issue since the beginning and even posted that I would support any SNP usage of their tax powers to balance taxation more fairly. 

But it they didn’t.  They whines about getting the power then when they got it they bottled it.   It is now Labour who are driving this issue with the SNP playing catch up.

so girfuy

Really have to laugh.

The SNP and their policies have really only helped the middle classes.

Child poverty rising

Class sizes in the poorest areas rising

Homelessness rising.

It seems the snp get a free ride because they wear kilts

I fully support Labour's policies  nationwide but I simply cannot support a Scottish Labour party which would be nothing more than a puppet Government if it was ever elected with a majority to the Scottish Parliament. 

Richard Leonard is Corbyns Parrot in Scotland and will take his orders directly from Jez and Len. Of course it's early days yet and I'll give him a fair crack but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.  Let's see if Mr Leonard will stand up for Scotland on Brexit, Nuclear Weapons and our Devolution, or will he be just another Lacky positioned and groomed by Labour's central office to undermine Scotland.

As for Kezia, the mutiny was completed today when Leonard hung her out to dry on National TV, savage stuff. :laugh:

5 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

No = Status quo

Tory = Status quo

Complete rubbish.

unlike you i change my vote depending on issues.   Next election i will be voting Labour on the taxation issue which is my top priority now.  Once that is resolved I may change again depending on what is important to me at that time.

but you, as a sheep, will vote SNP no matter what.

6 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I fully support Labour's policies  nationwide but I simply cannot support a Scottish Labour party which would be nothing more than a puppet Government if it was ever elected with a majority to the Scottish Parliament. 

Richard Leonard is Corbyns Parrot in Scotland and will take his orders directly from Jez and Len. Of course it's early days yet and I'll give him a fair crack but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.  Let's see if Mr Leonard will stand up for Scotland on Brexit, Nuclear Weapons and our Devolution, or will he be just another Lacky positioned and groomed by Labour's central office to undermine Scotland.

As for Kezia, the mutiny was completed today when Leonard hung her out to dry on National TV, savage stuff. :laugh:

So you've prejudged? This narrative is a bit odd imo. Every Scottish Leader has taken a very distinct stance on major issues since 1999.

Free tuition - Lab/Lib and not implemented by a UK govt.

Free personal care

Free bus passes

The decision not to adopt Sure Start

Support for free prescriptions 

The anti-Trident stance adopted

Ban on smoking in public places 

Holding an independence referendum

These issues are major successes of devolution and were adopted, pushed and supported by Scottish Labour under various leaders against on contrary to UK policies. In Wales there is also a history of choosing another path.

Devolution is about variance and local governance to suit local need.

There's no real basis to Leonard being a Corbynite. He's to the left but he's not come into politics on the back of Corbyn. He's been working within the party and Trade Union movement up here for years.

We shouldn't think similarity or agreement in some policy areas is simply being a puppet. 

7 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

No = Status quo

Tory = Status quo

Have to disagree on the first part. You can vote no and seek a change to how society is run through political means.

Yes could deliver a change in the constitutional order but have left the exact same political and economic system in place. Based on the top tier of Scottish politicians at the time - I'd have very much doubted radical societal and economic reform.

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, jake said:

Really have to laugh.

Child poverty rising

Homelessness rising.

Your last sentence is one of dumbest things posted on a political thread on here and that is saying something.

AlphonseCapone
10 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

so girfuy

Saying they haven't used them because "they bottled it" is nothing but ill informed hyperbole. Whether you agree with it or not, it's pretty obvious there are political reasons that motivate the use or not, of tax powers.

Labour, like every opposition in the world, are in the position to offer what they like without true knowledge of the consequences. It is Governments, with access to the civil service and actual data, that can properly understand the consequences of different actions. Parties don't just go back on pledges for the sake of it.

Your last two words are pathetic. It's a political debate, not a game of Fifa, grow up ffs.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Your last sentence is one of dumbest things posted on a political thread on here and that is saying something.

Lol.

Ok it was.

The sentiments true though.

I'm for independence but imo the snp get of lightly because of that .

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, jake said:

Lol.

Ok it was.

Do they get off lightly though?

They've lost a decent proportion of their votes recently, most newspapers besides the National criticise them regularly, and even on this site there are a good chunk of posters very critical of them. 

In the main I think they get about the right level of criticism. Of course you have your indepedence supporting hardcore who'll never criticise them, but every party has supporters like that imo.

AlphonseCapone
On 18/11/2017 at 10:31, Boo Khaki said:

I'm sure she jumped at the chance to spend a few weeks in the bush

Mate, your joke made it to Peebles...

15 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Is it true Kezia is going on I'm A Celebrity?  I reckon she'll be great as she won't have an issue eating in the bush.

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Mate, your joke made it to Peebles...

I started to wade through the thread but it was getting too political for me!

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I started to wade through the thread but it was getting too political for me!

Too many boring folk like me on these threads mate.

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Saying they haven't used them because "they bottled it" is nothing but ill informed hyperbole. Whether you agree with it or not, it's pretty obvious there are political reasons that motivate the use or not, of tax powers.

Labour, like every opposition in the world, are in the position to offer what they like without true knowledge of the consequences. It is Governments, with access to the civil service and actual data, that can properly understand the consequences of different actions. Parties don't just go back on pledges for the sake of it.

Your last two words are pathetic. It's a political debate, not a game of Fifa, grow up ffs.

You are right about the last two words but you may note it was responding to stupid and factually incorrect comments directed specifically at myself.   So as my stalker keeps stalking me I'll keep responding.

And on your other point - I maintain that Labour are now driving the agenda on progressive taxation, with the SNP now trying to grab that ground back.      Whoever is in Government at the time is irrelevant.  They both need to make their cases and either come to consensus or let Holyrood decide.  Either way the SNP were too scared to use their powers other than a small change, which suggests they think the current UK policy was correct.    Now things are different - but its Corbyn and Labour who got it going in reality.

Jam Tarts 1874
11 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Kezia was one of the worst leaders Labour has ever had in Scotland.  I don't think she ever could decide which party she really wanted to work for.

Jam Tarts 1874
On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:16, jb102 said:

Scottish Labour go with the middle class white guy.

As opposed to going for the guy who thought it was OK for the business he had a share in to not be paying a living wage.

13 hours ago, jake said:

Really have to laugh.

Child poverty rising

Homelessness rising.

Helped the middle classes?

I, and most of my peers have not had a pay rise in 9 years, and over that time have seen my income fall, in real terms, by 20%.

Sorry, but many of my associates have lost their jobs, families and at least one friend committed suicide

SNP policies have done nothing to help anyone less than 67 years old

Unless you mean the "free education" at Uni, which is often laughably viewed as  a middle class perk.

Perhaps data should be provided as to why class sizes are rising in the poorest post codes

Are the poorest merely having more children

or are there fewer classes for the same number of children

I honestly don't know

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, jake said:

Lol.

Ok it was.

I think you mean Ruth Davidson gets off lightly as the mass of evidence in this video proves. 

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I think you mean Ruth Davidson gets off lightly as the mass of evidence in this video proves. 

To be honest the whatabootery is not helpful

The Tories have had a car crash over the last decade

Labour too

The SNP have also been caught naval gazing whilst the economy burned

Just because one has been awful, does not excuse the self absorbed ineptitude of the other

offshore wind farm engineering contracts signed by the SNP = £2.5 billion ( all high end engineering)

Contracts won by Scottish firms= £100 million

Contracts to non UK firms out this = £2.4 billion

New GP contract- its too little too feckin late

There are two ships for GP's - one is on fire and sinking fast and the other is on its way to Australasia

The SNP is in control of health - its killed it - failed to address demand- totally failed

THinks that if you build a new hospital or AE that improved peoples health

same as building new schools wont get kids to get higher grades

Space Mackerel
Just now, doctor jambo said:

To be honest the whatabootery is not helpful

The Tories have had a car crash over the last decade

Labour too

The SNP have also been caught naval gazing whilst the economy burned

Just because one has been awful, does not excuse the self absorbed ineptitude of the other

offshore wind farm engineering contracts signed by the SNP = £2.5 billion ( all high end engineering)

Contracts won by Scottish firms= £100 million

Contracts to non UK firms out this = £2.4 billion

New GP contract- its too little too feckin late

There are two ships for GP's - one is on fire and sinking fast and the other is on its way to Australasia

The SNP is in control of health - its killed it - failed to address demand- totally failed

THinks that if you build a new hospital or AE that improved peoples health

same as building new schools wont get kids to get higher grades

Thats a 13 min plus video. Im guessing you never watched it. 

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

No, not going to either

any chance of a core message?

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

No, not going to either

any chance of a core message?

Ruth Davidson gets it easy off the BBC up here. For example she goes missing for weeks when her councillors are proven racists and bigots.

On the other hand, Nicola Sturgeon gets microphones thrust in her face even when allegations are proved later to be false. 

6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Just watched the first minute that shows the BBC allowing Sturgeon to defend herself against allegations made in the press

And further coverage with BBC journos asking her about serious allegations against an SNP MSP

Otherwise know as holding someone to account and allowing them to defend themselves

seems OK

switched off after that and its merely more SNP propaganda

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Just watched the first minute that shows the BBC allowing Sturgeon to defend herself against allegations made in the press

And further coverage with BBC journos asking her about serious allegations against an SNP MSP

Otherwise know as holding someone to account and allowing them to defend themselves

seems OK

switched off after that and its merely more SNP propaganda

SNP propaganda :-D

Max Keiser.jpg

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Ruth Davidson gets it easy off the BBC up here. For example she goes missing for weeks when her councillors are proven racists and bigots.

On the other hand, Nicola Sturgeon gets microphones thrust in her face even when allegations are proved later to be false. 

Nicola should face that kind of interrogation- she is the FM, she is easy to find, and very public

Don't think Ruth gets it easy- its just whatabootery

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Nicola should face that kind of interrogation- she is the FM, she is easy to find, and very public

Don't think Ruth gets it easy- its just whatabootery

Whatabootery :-D

Commenting on something you havent watched? 

SNP propaganda :-D

Max Keiser.jpg

so, Ofcom come around and beat folk up , OK then

So the Guardian etc don't ever report stuff , and if they do they get coshed by the press regulator,

FFS

Whatabootery :-D

Commenting on something you havent watched? 

Watched a bit of it before realising its one sided slightly paranoid, edited , agenda driven horse ordure

SNP Breitbart

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Watched a bit of it before realising its one sided slightly paranoid, edited , agenda driven horse ordure

SNP Breitbart

Imagine thinking the BBC are against Scottish independence. It’s completely ridiculous ?

Imagine thinking the BBC are against Scottish independence. It’s completely ridiculous ?

Not what I said

however "echochamber " is apt for your sources of information

its really not healthy

Space Mackerel
18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not what I said

however "echochamber " is apt for your sources of information

its really not healthy

Here’s the guy that collates the Newswatch Scotland material and his latest tweet. 

Pyooooor whatabootery indeed. 

13 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Here’s the guy that collates the Newswatch Scotland material and his latest tweet. 

Pyooooor whatabootery indeed. 

SNP banger is SNP banger

I presume the BBC needs to be careful, as WTF does the guy mean as "right wing extremists" - the press cannot just throw that kind of statement out there.

Like the BBC would probably not publish some statement s about Corbyn,. or Sturgeon

Archived