Barcelona

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

SwindonJambo

O W E N J O N E S is the person I was referring to.

Another overprivileged non entity from the Metropolitan elite who talks out of his arse. A left wing version of Katie Hopkins. 2 cheeks of the same big fat arse that's full of shit.

Anyway, another horror incident. I'm going to Barca for the 1st time next month so I expect security will be stepped up. These repeat attacks of vehicles into crowd are very worrying. It takes no prep at all and is almost impossible to stop. I hope the casualty count is low, though I'd prefer it to be non existent.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another overprivileged non entity from the Metropolitan elite who talks out of his arse. A left wing version of Katie Hopkins. 2 cheeks of the same big fat arse that's full of shit.

Anyway, another horror incident. I'm going to Barca for the 1st time next month so I expect security will be stepped up. These repeat attacks of vehicles into crowd are very worrying. It takes no prep at all and is almost impossible to stop. I hope the casualty count is low, though I'd prefer it to be non existent.

And so he begins....... rinse and repeat.

IMG_1033.jpg

13 may be incorrect according to latest. Maybe much lower.

Unfortunately 13 now being confirmed as being killed by the Spanish Interior Ministry, with at least 50 injured.

Eco migrants somehow responsible now. And around and around we go...

Sorry, I'll be sure to focus on those specific terrorist migrant boats next time.

The simple and painful truth that polite society needs to get their heads round is the simple fact that the more Islam you have in your society, the more Islamic problems you have in your society.

I know it's a cliche, but It's scary to think I was in that exact spot in Barcelona only last month with the wife and kids.

Don't think anywhere in Europe is safe at the moment but Barcelona felt a bit more 'relaxed' and 'safer' than most.

I just booked a weekend break at the weekend there, I opened this thinking someone was asking advice on the city.

How wrong was I.

Sexton Hardcastle

I find the fact Islamic fundamentalists are driving vechlies in to innocent civilians, blowing up concerts full of kids, shooting people in cities, stabbing people to death etc, far more pathetic and worthy of comment.

But hey, that's just me.

I was more sugggesting there is little sympathy for the victims who are probably still laying warm. She only cares about self promotion. Anyway that's another discussion as always.

A world heritage site that also houses a premier league team with close military ties?

Rip those poor *******s that have demised, another city, another vigil, another monument lit up, no change

Someone is not doing their job and we would be foolish to think the scenes in the usa cannot happen here

We all hope not im sure, but im not confident about todays society, 'lest we forget' means ****all to people these days

I doubt they'll be interested in Heart of Midlothian FC.

I doubt they'll be interested in Heart of Midlothian FC.

I doubt anybody in ISIS knows about our military connections, including our connection with HMS Queen Elizabeth:

new_mh170002003_2.jpg?mh=447&mw=980&thn=

I doubt anybody in ISIS knows about our military connections, including our connection with HMS Queen Elizabeth:

new_mh170002003_2.jpg?mh=447&mw=980&thn=

They have some pretty hardcore scholars. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know of Walter Scott's extremely flattering depiction of Saladin in The Talisman. In reality he was arguably not much different from Tamburlaine and G Khan.

This played a big part in the modern western conception of the Crusades as European brutes v a noble and refined civilisation.

Placid Casual

Don't worry. The usual cretins like Owen Jones will be on tweeting about what a great night they are having anyway shortly.

Very strange (creepy even) that, out of nowhere, you use this thread to have a go at someone like Owen Jones, who more often than not, comes across as a very decent human being.

Francis Albert

The Ramblas is pedestrianised, Obviously delivery lorries need access, But why do they need to have the ability to drive at speed rather than being constrained by obstacles to say 5mph.

After Nice the Ramblas would be in my top 10 of obvious targets.

The Ramblas is pedestrianised, Obviously delivery lorries need access, But why do they need to have the ability to drive at speed rather than being constrained by obstacles to say 5mph.

It'd be in my top 3.

Wonder if there were measures in place that were overcome?

Police officials have suggested there could be a connection between the Barcelona attack and two explosions earlier in the day in a house in Alcanar, a small town in Tarragona about 100km south of Barcelona, in which one person died and 16 people were injured, including police and firefighters who were investigating the first explosion and were hit by a second blast. The explosions had initially been reported as gas explosions.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/aug/17/barcelona-attack-van-driven-into-crowd-in-las-ramblas-district

Five people attempting to commit another terrorist attack killed by police in Cambrils, Catalonia.

Nowhere seems to be safe these days and no-one seems to have the first clue about how to handle the problem.

Soldiers already patrol town centres throughout France. I guess this is our life now.

Nowhere seems to be safe these days and no-one seems to have the first clue about how to handle the problem.

Soldiers already patrol town centres throughout France. I guess this is our life now.

Not true, most people in polls throughout Europe have the first clue but this unpalatable logic seems to be beyond the European political elite.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/most-europeans-want-muslim-ban-immigration-control-middle-east-countries-syria-iran-iraq-poll-a7567301.html%3famp

Dusk_Till_Dawn

And so he begins....... rinse and repeat.

IMG_1033.jpg

A smug know-it-all who pontificates about everything but has the answer the nothing.

A smug know-it-all who pontificates about everything but has the answer the nothing.

He's a slimey man-child. His performance on SkyNews after the Orlando shooting summed him up. Seeing a Gay club shot up by a Muslim terrorist crashed his odious brain.

Police officials have suggested there could be a connection between the Barcelona attack and two explosions earlier in the day in a house in Alcanar, a small town in Tarragona about 100km south of Barcelona, in which one person died and 16 people were injured, including police and firefighters who were investigating the first explosion and were hit by a second blast. The explosions had initially been reported as gas explosions.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/aug/17/barcelona-attack-van-driven-into-crowd-in-las-ramblas-district

Authorities claiming a cell of up to 8 involved, so even at this early stage it quickly rules out the 'lone wolf' scenario.

I'm sure you have figures to back this up?

It is a truth to you as you see all Muslims as a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure you have figures to back this up?

It is a truth to you as you see all Muslims as a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could direct you to the demographic patterns of Poland, France and Nigeria to illustrate this but the pattern of violence, demands and civilisational conquest has been pretty consistent through history.  More Islam, less freedom is about as simple as the equation gets. Dr Peter Hammond illustrated this in a fairly well known internet meme that goes through the demographic stages.

And no, I don't see all Muslims as a problem. But the simple intractable fact to me is there are plenty moderate (ie pick and choose) Muslims but there is no such thing as moderate Islam.

Even then though, reformers like Asra Nomani and Maajid Nawaz should really be at the forefront of western societies civil rights movements but they are treated by the Muslim community, SPLC and the Guardian set as sell outs, Uncle Toms or 'anti-muslim extremists'. And therein lies the rub.

On another note, where were all the 'don't give the terrorists what they want mob' when Spain capitulated to the demands to withdraw from the Iraq coalition after the 2004 Madrid bombings?    

Only the central part, there is a single file road on either side, which I think normal traffic is allowed to use, sure there was normal cars using it, the time I was there.

doctor jambo

I could direct you to the demographic patterns of Poland, France and Nigeria to illustrate this but the pattern of violence, demands and civilisational conquest has been pretty consistent through history.  More Islam, less freedom is about as simple as the equation gets. Dr Peter Hammond illustrated this in a fairly well known internet meme that goes through the demographic stages.

And no, I don't see all Muslims as a problem. But the simple intractable fact to me is there are plenty moderate (ie pick and choose) Muslims but there is no such thing as moderate Islam.

Even then though, reformers like Asra Nomani and Maajid Nawaz should really be at the forefront of western societies civil rights movements but they are treated by the Muslim community, SPLC and the Guardian set as sell outs, Uncle Toms or 'anti-muslim extremists'. And therein lies the rub.

On another note, where were all the 'don't give the terrorists what they want mob' when Spain capitulated to the demands to withdraw from the Iraq coalition after the 2004 Madrid bombings?

the study about stopping Muslim immigration - if you actually read it confirms what we already know

The demographics that want this immigration stopped are - surprise surprise- the elderly and those with lower educational achievement

Same as Brexit

ie- the same small minded , poorly educated racists that don't want us part of Europe

John Findlay

Actually I think Edinburgh is somewhat safe in the sense that terrorists would rather attempt an attack in England for maximum effect, an attack on Scotland wouldn't have the same effect.

I don't agree. Say they decided to attack the tattoo and the death toll was 50+ I would say maximum exposure achieved. It's the modern version of the crusades. Sadly.

John Findlay

the study about stopping Muslim immigration - if you actually read it confirms what we already knowThe demographics that want this immigration stopped are - surprise surprise- the elderly and those with lower educational achievementSame as Brexitie- the same small minded , poorly educated racists that don't want us part of Europe

Sorry doc your last part is nonsense. There are plenty well educated racists

Ron Burgundy

Sorry doc your last part is nonsense. There are plenty well educated racists

So people who voted for Brexit are racists?

I think that short sighted view is part of the problem,

This is the kind of thing that goes round and round on kickback, people who vote differently from others are deemed as 'uneducated' and 'rascist', it really is tiresome and so predictable.

Ron Burgundy

This is the kind of thing that goes round and round on kickback, people who vote differently from others are deemed as 'uneducated' and 'rascist', it really is tiresome and so predictable.

It's lazy and pompous.

the study about stopping Muslim immigration - if you actually read it confirms what we already knowThe demographics that want this immigration stopped are - surprise surprise- the elderly and those with lower educational achievementSame as Brexitie- the same small minded , poorly educated racists that don't want us part of Europe

Utter rubbish.

doctor jambo

It's lazy and pompous.

There is a link there- generalisations obviously.

The elderly and those with lower academic achievements are more likely to have voted for Brexit, and to support a Muslim immigration ban.

Space Mackerel

I have actually only heard one decent genuine working class argument for leaving the EU.

And leaving the EU isn't going to stop terrorism in the U.K. or anywhere else for that matter.

the study about stopping Muslim immigration - if you actually read it confirms what we already know

The demographics that want this immigration stopped are - surprise surprise- the elderly and those with lower educational achievement

Same as Brexit

ie- the same small minded , poorly educated racists that don't want us part of Europe

Doctor, I await with bated breath, the 'educated' case for Islamic immigration into the west.

Is it just maybe a case here that the 'educated' class have been 'educated' into complete absurdity? I'm sorry, I've sat in meetings where very 'educated' people controlling public bodies talk about freedom of speech as though it is a synonym for fascism. They have no comprehension of of how the basic mechanism underpins all freedoms and liberal concepts that they take for granted.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He's a slimey man-child. His performance on SkyNews after the Orlando shooting summed him up. Seeing a Gay club shot up by a Muslim terrorist crashed his odious brain.

His paper (The Guardian) was the same with Charlie Hebdo. Absolutely spineless and afraid to condemn it.

Jones was owned recently over the shambles in Venezuela. All he could say was 'but, but, our government sells arms to Saudi Arabia' as if the two were in any way related. Muppet.

John Findlay

No. I never said that. I said there are well educated racists as much as there are poor educated racists.

doctor jambo

Doctor, I await with bated breath, the 'educated' case for Islamic immigration into the west.

Is it just maybe a case here that the 'educated' class have been 'educated' into complete absurdity? I'm sorry, I've sat in meetings where very 'educated' people controlling public bodies talk about freedom of speech as though it is a synonym for fascism. They have no comprehension of of how the basic mechanism underpins all freedoms and liberal concepts that they take for granted.

The educated case would be all the dr's we need, the engineers, the entrepreneurs.

Replace the work " Islamic" with "Jewish" and see what that does to the debate

If anyone even dared to conduct a survey asking whether people wanted to halt jewish immigration there would be uproar.

I'm far from convinced that religion should be a factor on deciding immigration.

Did we have a catholic travel ban in the UK during the troubles?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The educated case would be all the dr's we need, the engineers, the entrepreneurs.

Replace the work " Islamic" with "Jewish" and see what that does to the debate

If anyone even dared to conduct a survey asking whether people wanted to halt jewish immigration there would be uproar.

I'm far from convinced that religion should be a factor on deciding immigration.

Did we have a catholic travel ban in the UK during the troubles?

When was the last Jewish-led atrocity in the west? I know it's a simplistic way to think but the anti-Islam sentiment is driven by the fact that Islamist attacks are happening again and again and again and again, without any end in sight.

Here's another one. "Barcelona will rise stronger etc etc etc"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/18/barcelona-terror-attack-catalan-independence

Lather rinse repeat.

What an inconvenience Barcelona is for the MSM, it's turned the spotlight away from Trump at a time they had some traction, kidding on a Fourth Reich was imminent in Virginia.

Let's light a candle for all this bad luck in Barcelona and get back to talking about the real threat facing modern society "the nazis, the kkk, the fascist USA!".

Lather rinse repeat.

What an inconvenience Barcelona is for the MSM, it's turned the spotlight away from Trump at a time they had some traction, kidding on a Fourth Reich was imminent in Virginia.

Let's light a candle for all this bad luck in Barcelona and get back to talking about the real threat facing modern society "the nazis, the kkk, the fascist USA!".

Oh why are people so awful!  Don't look back in anger!# Hopenothate# oneloveManchester# Solidarity# PrayforParisBarcaNiceBerlinBrusselsStokholmLondonManchesterMadridOrlando#

The interesting thing I find about the same loathsome anything but the elephant in the room crowd is that their virtue signalling is virtuous by today's standards. I.e being right-on with cosy, largely truth scarce (or scared) sentiments. 

The interesting thing is virtue once actually  corresponded with it's meaning - ie to be morally truthful especially if this involved courage to go against the grain. Now it is just about fluffy platitudes.

The way language changes says a lot about society. 

A 14th person dead (in Cambrils), plus six terrorists (I think).

Net achievement: nil.

Oh why are people so awful!  Don't look back in anger!# Hopenothate# oneloveManchester# Solidarity# PrayforParisBarcaNiceBerlinBrusselsStokholmLondonManchesterMadridOrlando#

The interesting thing I find about the same loathsome anything but the elephant in the room crowd is that their virtue signalling is virtuous by today's standards. I.e being right-on with cosy, largely truth scarce (or scared) sentiments. 

The interesting thing is virtue once actually  corresponded with it's meaning - ie to be morally truthful especially if this involved courage to go against the grain. Now it is just about fluffy platitudes.

The way language changes says a lot about society. 

you forgot #PunchAMuslim

oops my bad, it's #PunchANazi

Mac_fae_Gillie

Edinburgh would be a massive target, especially during the festival. Im not sure these terrorists are fussed about where they do it anymore. AL Qaeda were but ISIS nah

AS a huge International tourist city it is a huge target.

But it does come down a lot to if a Jihadi actually lives in or near the city, nearly all the recent attacks are carried out by locals or at least part of the team were local or had been local.

These carry out recons etc get things set up ready for the attack.

Unlikely but not impossible  that 4 lads would venture outside their own area clueless about a target.

That said places they visited often by default could be easy targets

. i.e, Blackpool, Southend etc

A 14th person dead (in Cambrils), plus six terrorists (I think).

Net achievement: nil.

Terrorism or the threat of violence more generally works though. Madrid 2004 was the classic example. The IRA sitting in parliament is another. France's lack of desire to enforce the veil is another.

doctor jambo

When was the last Jewish-led atrocity in the west? I know it's a simplistic way to think but the anti-Islam sentiment is driven by the fact that Islamist attacks are happening again and again and again and again, without any end in sight.

The difficulty is that people are creating a fire-storm and blaming Muslims as a group - billion+ of them- for the actions of a few bams.

We are now seeing immigrant blaming by our own politicians coming to its natural conclusion

Pakistani men are rapists

Muslims are terrorists

Stop immigration from the EU its their fault your lives are rubbish

Stop Muslims visiting

5 Live had someone calling for racial profiling of people hiring vans

All of this BS could be straight out the mouth of Trump.

You can bet most of those in Charlottesville have some fundamentalist Christian beliefs- so we should ban all White Christians be they radical or not from all over the world on the same basis because a white nutter rammed a protester in a vehicle?

Naw, I don't think so.

The difficulty is that people are creating a fire-storm and blaming Muslims as a group - billion+ of them- for the actions of a few bams.

We are now seeing immigrant blaming by our own politicians coming to its natural conclusion

Pakistani men are rapists

Muslims are terrorists

Stop immigration from the EU its their fault your lives are rubbish

Stop Muslims visiting

5 Live had someone calling for racial profiling of people hiring vans

All of this BS could be straight out the mouth of Trump.

You can bet most of those in Charlottesville have some fundamentalist Christian beliefs- so we should ban all White Christians be they radical or not from all over the world on the same basis because a white nutter rammed a protester in a vehicle?

Naw, I don't think so.

What an embarrassing comparison.

The Quran directly calls for Jihad. 164 verses in total mention Jihad. A book that all Muslims believe the last & final word of god.

doctor jambo

What an embarrassing comparison.

The Quran directly calls for Jihad. 164 verses in total mention Jihad. A book that all Muslims believe the last & final word of god.

The old testament is full of genocide, exterminations and wanton destruction of the populace.

Not all Muslims believe that the Koran is an absolute, in the same way that only fundamentalist Christians believe the bible is literal- that god hates gays etc

I have not read the Koran, but I have read the Bible and its full of utter tripe- child sacrifice to keep god happy and so on and so forth.

My sons best mate is a Muslim, from Pakistan- and several kids at school have called him a terrorist in the last year and one came out with "all Muslims are terrorists"

Its repugnant

Archived