Tickets v East Fife

upgotheheads

The Treasurer

Can't understand why Hearts "supporters" would choose to give this a miss.

I would have thought Hearts "supporters " would welcome the chance to attend a game at Tynecastle given that we don't have a league match there until September

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A meaningful game at 3.00 on a Saturday which is reasonably priced: less than 10000 would be poor.

we wont get 10k to this i wouldn't think, unfortunately 

weegie jambo
MacPhee, on 21 Jul 2017 - 3:53 PM, said:

Disappointing if we don't get 10K. I'll be there for my first game of the season albeit in with the East Fife support!  Going to be hard to bite my tongue!

7K would be a good crowd for this one.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Disappointing if we don't get 10K. I'll be there for my first game of the season albeit in with the East Fife support!  Going to be hard to bite my tongue!

family? 

weegie jambo
MacPhee, on 21 Jul 2017 - 4:05 PM, said:MacPhee, on 21 Jul 2017 - 4:05 PM, said:

family? 

yeah, my younger step daughter goes out with one of their players and his parents never miss a match. Seemed like an idea to meet up with his folks for a beer or two and take in the match. Still going to be hard for me, we better win well 'cos if it's a tight game I'm not going to be good company!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

More pressing things this weekend. Midweek games that are local to me my priority

Ferryjambo99

Even in the Scottish cup game v Aberdeen we barely scraped 10000 fans (13595 attendance) Aberdeen had the whole roseburm. Getting 7 or 8000 hearts fans in the middle of the school holidays when loads of people are away would be decent. I can't make it as I'm away but would go if I was at home

yeah, my younger step daughter goes out with one of their players and his parents never miss a match. Seemed like an idea to meet up with his folks for a beer or two and take in the match. Still going to be hard for me, we better win well 'cos if it's a tight game I'm not going to be good company!

just dont have to many beers before the game haha 

weegie jambo
MacPhee, on 21 Jul 2017 - 4:21 PM, said:

just dont have to many beers before the game haha 

Nah, just one for me as I'll be driving, unless I can persuade the good lady to drive. Hope his folks are not rampant followers otherwise it could be fun!!

Bowmans_Boot

I know we wont, but that is a poor turnout.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Especially poor given that our first home league match isnt for ages!!

East Fife in a section game? Not really

7K would be a good crowd for this one.

7000 would be poor.

Bowmans_Boot

East Fife in a section game? Not really

14000 people buy STs yet less than half want to go and watch a competitive match at 3.00 on a Saturday, with the first home league match seven weeks away. That is pathetic.

I've never understood being able to go to a game but choosing not to. Geographical location, finance, family and work commitments excluded obviously.

However there is a real problem here. Hearts fans just don't go to these games?

Is there a solution? More loyalty points for them?

Harry Potter

14000 people buy STs yet less than half want to go and watch a competitive match at 3.00 on a Saturday, with the first home league match seven weeks away. That is pathetic.

im working

Bowmans_Boot

im working

There are always going to be individual cases like this and that is fair enough. But do you seriously believe the majority of the missing fans are also working? Had it been Hibs instead of East Fife, dont you agree that less would have been working?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No its not. They bought tickets for Premier League matches

Bowmans_Boot

No its not. They bought tickets for Premier League matches

They will want tickets if we get to the final, though. Or play Hibs in an earlier round. The "league matches only" rule doesnt seem to apply quite so much then. So yes, it is pathetic.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They will want tickets if we get to the final, though. Or play Hibs in an earlier round. The "league matches only" rule doesnt seem to apply quite so much then. So yes, it is pathetic.

Fans across the globe desperate to see East Fife in action

:lol:

Bowmans_Boot

Fans across the globe desperate to see East Fife in action

:lol:

Clearly our fans arent that desperate to see Hearts in action, either. The first competitive home match of the season, at the perfect time/day, as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Clearly our fans arent that desperate to see Hearts in action, either. The first competitive home match of the season, at the perfect time/day, as well.

Against East Fife. Not really. Not if other things are being done. You are allowed to be a supporter without having to attend minor events. Not compulsory. People have life beyond Hearts this game perhaps not a priority

Bowmans_Boot

Against East Fife. Not really. Not if other things are being done. You are allowed to be a supporter without having to attend minor events. Not compulsory. People have life beyond Hearts this game perhaps not a priority

As I said, clearly our passionate, loyal fans arent that fussed about seeing us play and can wait until September. Fair enough.

I'd rather see Hearts in a meaningful game v East Fife than a proper stroll in the park v Newcastle, but that's just me.

A few Extra loyalty points for these matches might be a good idea . Might encourage a few more. I understand east fife are not the best . But I'm looking forward to a Saturday game again. Hopefully see a few goals.

I get your point but league cup attendance's always fall well below league attendance's.... Even Celtic park attendance's are usually at least a third lower than league attendance's, sometimes lower than that.

As said by a contributor in a previous post, if it was a Edinburgh derby league cup tie, it would probably be a sellout. A lot of the folk missing tomorrow would arrange time of work, change holiday arrangements, in general be more motivated to attend.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As I said, clearly our passionate, loyal fans arent that fussed about seeing us play and can wait until September. Fair enough.

Get over yourself :lol:

John Findlay

East Fife. A better history than many clubs. Wore their strip often.

Bowmans_Boot

Get over yourself :lol:

It is going to be a shite crowd! Sorry for finding that a little annoying when we regularly slag off other clubs (Hibs & Aberdeen spring to mind) about how loyal and amazing our support is :)  

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Really need to offer more loyalty points for lesser ties. You know, encourage people to buy tickets for home games rather than away ones they have no intention of going to.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It is going to be a shite crowd! Sorry for finding that a little annoying when we regularly slag off other clubs (Hibs & Aberdeen spring to mind) about how loyal and amazing our support is :)

And it is and always will be. Have a look around you tomorrow to understand why.

Uber fan posts are just not very clever for low interest matches and this is one of those. 13200 season ticket sales and you have used that as a stick to beat your own club?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Really need to offer more loyalty points for lesser ties. You know, encourage people to buy tickets for home games rather than away ones they have no intention of going to.

I agree

Bowmans_Boot

And it is and always will be. Have a look around you tomorrow to understand why.

Uber fan posts are just not very clever for low interest matches and this is one of those. 13200 season ticket sales and you have used that as a stick to beat your own club?

I genuinely didn't intend to come over "uber fan", it just irritates me! :P  

The Natural Order

It's simple, those who turn up for the games like East Fife and Dunfermline should get first dibs on tickets for later rounds i.e. home ties against bigger clubs, semis and finals if we get that far.

15 quid seems a bit steep to me.

If it was a tenner, with a gate, then there would possibly be a sellout..but that's the choices..

MacDonald Jardine

You don't see the irony in thinking it needs increased "loyalty " points to get folk to actually go and watch their team?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How many "passionate, loyal" fans would you say we have? If the ones who turn up tomorrow are your definition of passionate and loyal then I reckon 5-6,000 in that category is pretty decent.

There are a lot of reasons league cup ties at this time of year are poorly attended across the board. Lack of interest is undoubtedly one, but for example, out of the group of 3 of us season ticket holders I'm the only one who can make both this weekend and next weekend while one is on holiday tomorrow and the other is on holiday the following week. As it happens I'll miss our grand opening against Aberdeen as I'll be on holiday.

Poor cup attendances aren't just a problem for us and it's not something I can see changing any time soon.

Fxxx the SPFL

We were quick enough to slag off the hobbits for only having 5500 what are we at what's the current dot count.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

You don't see the irony in thinking it needs increased "loyalty " points to get folk to actually go and watch their team?

The only thing loyal in football anymore is the fans. That's evident from the walker saga.

If we can increase ticket sales then I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't. If every season ticket holder bought a ticket the points gained would would have no significance. Only the people who never went would suffer. Rather than the people who attend only gaining a minimal advantage.

It's simple, those who turn up for the games like East Fife and Dunfermline should get first dibs on tickets for later rounds i.e. home ties against bigger clubs, semis and finals if we get that far.

Correct they will all be running for tickets if we make final

If it was a tenner, with a gate, then there would possibly be a sellout..but that's the choices..

What you gonna do with a fiver this day in age mate.

15 pound is a good price for a competitive game at Tynecastle.

20 quid for a friendly against Newcastle on the other hand...

Bowmans_Boot

The only thing loyal in football anymore is the fans. That's evident from the walker saga.

If we can increase ticket sales then I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't. If every season ticket holder bought a ticket the points gained would would have no significance. Only the people who never went would suffer. Rather than the people who attend only gaining a minimal advantage.

Unless you know more than anybody else, there is no need for this as nobody knows what the details of Jamie's contract offer were, why he didnt find it acceptable etc etc. Jamie has kept a very respectful, dignified silence on this issue, despite fans on here posting OTT abuse of him.  

MacDonald Jardine

I don't see your point.

If every season ticket holder bought a ticket there would be no need to increase the loyalty points available.

The fans are the only loyal ones?

The same fans who can't be arsed going tomorrow?

Have a look at the home crowds in our last Scottish Cup winning year, then have a ponder.

MacDonald Jardine

Have a look at the home crowds in our last Scottish Cup winning year, then have a ponder.

We weren't that loyal then either.

Archived