Tickets v East Fife

upgotheheads

We weren't that loyal then either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A lot claimed to be when it came to the final though.

Early rounds of all cups lost their appeal when they were removed from season tickets. For example i am the only one of our group of four going tomorrow but we are all season ticket holders.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacDonald Jardine

A lot claimed to be when it came to the final though.

Early rounds of all cups lost their appeal when they were removed from season tickets. For example i am the only one of our group of four going tomorrow but we are all season ticket holders.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

I get that. Of our group of four there were two at the Newcastle game.

I anticipate two again tomorrow and next Saturday.

The last one won't include me TBF.

I just get fed up of all this stuff about what a great support we have compared to the likes of Hibs.

We'll not be far off their crowd from last week tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I won't be making this one as totally skint after coming back from holiday. Pay day Tuesday though so heading up to Peterhead.

Nobody gives a 4x about cup competitions.

Until they win it then thousands out on the streets saying it's the best day of their lives.

That good they wait until the final to turn out in numbers.

Not just aimed at Hearts fans in particular just thinking of recent cup winners and the mass hysteria.

The Apprentice

Anyone know - is it just the ticket office open till 2 or can you also buy stuff from the shop?

Both are in the same place mate so assume the shop will be trading until 2pm as well.

Do you think if they offered an extra couple of loyalty points for early rounds in the cups, they'd actually sell more tickets, or not?

Points have no financial value so awarding more isn't costing the club anything but could increase ticket sales. Personally, I don't think it would make a massive difference, I really can't imagine us selling our full allocation because the club are offering 3 LP's rather than 1. It would award the fans that do turn up to the early rounds, increasing their chances of securing Final tickets so you would probably see a small increase, but nothing major.

Awarding more points for less desirable games is the one thing I'd like to see tweaked in our LP system.

AlphonseCapone

Who gives a shit about attendances? If you're going, great, if not, well cool.

I'll not be having a better or worse time the day because of the attendance. The atmosphere against East Fife would be shite regardless.

crunchy frog

Swerved the Newcastle game cos FTMs. Lpoking forward to this one today and next week. Hope the rain stays off though, row 3 is not the place to be on those kind of days

Who gives a shit about attendances? If you're going, great, if not, well cool.

I'll not be having a better or worse time the day because of the attendance. The atmosphere against East Fife would be shite regardless.

I think the club will care quite a bit about attendances, considering they are one of the key factors in generating income for a football club.

We_are_the_Hearts

Remember in the 80s and early 90s when Cup games got bigger crowds than League games.

Italian Lambretta

Maybe a couple of cash gates would help  :uhoh2:

I think the club will care quite a bit about attendances, considering they are one of the key factors in generating income for a football club.

AlphonseCapone

Fantastic point. A 7,000 attendance against East Fife in the first rounds of the Betfred cup will definitely have a gigantic financial impact on Hearts. I can feel administration coming all over again.

Do you think if they offered an extra couple of loyalty points for early rounds in the cups, they'd actually sell more tickets, or not?

Points have no financial value so awarding more isn't costing the club anything but could increase ticket sales. Personally, I don't think it would make a massive difference, I really can't imagine us selling our full allocation because the club are offering 3 LP's rather than 1. It would award the fans that do turn up to the early rounds, increasing their chances of securing Final tickets so you would probably see a small increase, but nothing major.

Awarding more points for less desirable games is the one thing I'd like to see tweaked in our LP system.

Agree with everything you've said. Don't think it would impact attendances much but as you say, I think it would be worth awarding attendees a couple of extra points for the reasons you state and as although the gates are split a bigger crowd would still be more money for us.

May struggle to get to as many games as I wanted this season due to working every 2nd Saturday this season so with that in mind ill be going to as many as possible. Was up at Elgin on Tuesday and going along today as well

Taking my 3 year old laddie to what will be his first game.  Hope he gets to see plenty of goals!

Matthew Le Tissier

Bought my ticket at 1am after being chucked out Club Tropicana

Archived