What's your local...?

tommythejambo

tommythejambo

As it says on the tin.

I'm usually in one of 3 pubs. The Broadfields, nearest to my hosue. The Ormalee, nearest to my mums house. And I work in the Sportsman.

Can you tell I'm bored. My days just go to waste once the A-Team finishes.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My local is Westfield. Tend to frequent the Fountain more often these days. Sometimes Luckies.

I class the Rainbow as my local.

The Corrie Inn, Winstons, the Oak and Agenda are local though.

Say What Again
As it says on the tin.

I'm usually in one of 3 pubs. The Broadfields, nearest to my hosue. The Ormalee, nearest to my mums house. And I work in the Sportsman.

You're in my neck of the woods mate - I can usually be found in one of 3 or 4 pubs - 2 of which are right next to the first 2 you listed.

I live opposite the Ellwyn so that's my local. Started going to the Seahaven on a Saturday (and the odd) Sunday as it's only ?2 a pint (for Guinness).

My folks stay in the Royal Mile, so I'm often in the Tolbooth. Recently, I've started popping into the White Horse on a Saturday night.

Commander Harris

it was berts in stockbridge til they ruined it :sad:

If I want a pint locally now it's either the Bailey or the Antiquary.

I P Knightley

Duffy's for me although the Kent's easliy walkable and has a better beer-garden for these warm summer evenings.

Sergio Garcia

Either one of three and none of them are in my own village due to it being a ****hole.

Crown and Images in Lanark or The Last Shift in Braehead are where i can mostly be found!

I class the Rainbow as my local.

The Corrie Inn, Winstons, the Oak and Agenda are local though.

Me too unfortunately. Theres also the clerie inn where they shoot hobos.

UnworthyPapaLazaru
You're in my neck of the woods mate - I can usually be found in one of 3 or 4 pubs - 2 of which are right next to the first 2 you listed.

I live opposite the Ellwyn so that's my local. Started going to the Seahaven on a Saturday (and the odd) Sunday as it's only ?2 a pint (for Guinness).

My folks stay in the Royal Mile, so I'm often in the Tolbooth. Recently, I've started popping into the White Horse on a Saturday night.

Thats my area too. Im just round the corner from the Ellwyn but Ive never been in. I dont drink much locally these days, but it would be the Scottie or Broadfields if at all.

My last local that I used as a local was Carriers Quarters.

I'd consider the Polton Inn to be my "local".

But more local would probably be the Laird and Dog, the Reyesville, or the Justinlees. Melville Inn is local now too I guess.

Boomers next to the library on Gordon Drive, lots of tv's with sports and the lowest priced beer in town. The foods pretty good too. If nothing on TV you can look out the window at the hockey rink and watch some of the games on there.

Thre main asset being its close proximity to the library where the wife thinks you are studying international affairs of a political nature.

We were in The Oak on Friday night.

My first time but my mates go there.Think we're going to end up going there.

:)

My local is the Cottars in Rosyth, the Store club in Tranent whilst visiting the folks, or Westfield on match days or JKB night out.

Nucky Thompson

It depends on the time of year. In the Summer months I tend to drink in Luckies because of the beer garden and in the Winter months I'm in the Roseburn bar all the time.

davemclaren

For many many years it was the Laird and Dog. I still occasionally go in but my real local is The Retreat, though I'm seldom in there either. :confused:

For many many years it was the Laird and Dog. I still occasionally go in but my real local is The Retreat, though I'm seldom in there either. :confused:

Oooooh the Retreat.

La-dee-dah!

:laugh:

Toxteth O'Grady
The Waverley Bar, Dumbarton ;)

Lynn:mj_zivili::ninja:

Who owns that place?

Is he any good?;)

Is that the place that does the OAP "hauf n hauf for ?1.20" deal?

davemclaren
Is that the place that does the OAP "hauf n hauf for ?1.20" deal?

Not sure, but I'll ask for you. :cool_shades:

Not sure, but I'll ask for you. :cool_shades:

Excellent answer Dave. Respect, as the yoofs say. :P

The prices keep the riff-raff out... :whistling:

Not only the prices.

I hear the staff aren't the most knowledgeable.

Setanta is NOT a whiskey...:laugh:

davemclaren
Not only the prices.

I hear the staff aren't the most knowledgeable.

Setanta is NOT a whiskey...:laugh:

I drink beer so it's not a problem. :P

I drink beer so it's not a problem. :P

Setanta's not a beer either.

I've not been in it since it was all rebranded etc. It was probably still called the whatever it was before it was the retreat.

davemclaren
Setanta's not a beer either.

I've not been in it since it was all rebranded etc. It was probably still called the whatever it was before it was the retreat.

I know what Setanta is. :wacko: It is better now it's been done up....but not perfect.

Say What Again
Lady Nairne or the Elwyn. Scotties & Broadies full of jakes & neds.

Totally agree about Scotties and Broadfields (Scotties being the worst of the 2).

How often are you in the Ellwyn?

I know what Setanta is. :wacko: It is better now it's been done up....but not perfect.

I guessed you did, I was being smart.:P

Dalhousie something! Thats what it was. I was maybe like 10.:laugh:

Ron Burgundy

Closest are the Marionville or Hop,Step and Jump.

I tend to frequent either the Golden Gates or the Artisan.

Although Porters is a laugh and cheap as chips.

chester copperpot

Not in the retirement flats eh? :rolleyes:

FWIW, I will tell you about my local haunts. I used to live in Meadowbank. Used to work in Safeway when I was younger (pre Morrison's takeover), we were always in the Scottie on a Sat night. Either there or Broadfields (even though predominantly a hibs boozer). Always felt a better class when I was in there.

Used to also go to the Elwyn plenty, frequent the Crown and Cushion, The snooker centre, The Golden Gates and The Lady Nairn, were amongst my other locals at the time.

Moved to Carricknowe when I left the folks. Corrie Inn's the dugs baws (or was). Used to have Jinty and Jim in charge. Used to also frequent the Cakky Inn, Centurian and the Rainbow. (used to have plenty of pals from the area at the time, before I had kids and the wife banned me from going out).

Moved to Rosyth, used to just drink in Gorgie on matchdays, but always met in the Corrie, as it was such a good boozer.

Now I'm in Glasgow, its the Craigfoot. By far the best pub I've ever drank in. If you can see past the sectarian Rangers fans, the drugs and the fighting. Seriously though, its no bad.

chester copperpot
Closest are the Marionville or Hop,Step and Jump.

I tend to frequent either the Golden Gates or the Artisan.

Although Porters is a laugh and cheap as chips.

scary pub, went in there once, and the barman shaved the guy who'd fallen asleep hair off. He really did.

stevieC@pivot
As above, or Lismore on Dumbarton Road and occasionally Ben Nevis on Argyle Street. :)

Not the Smiddy??;)

My local is Westfield. Tend to frequent the Fountain more often these days. Sometimes Luckies.

Snap(ish):toasting:

Benny Factor

A wee place called The Thistle's my local... All of the other pubs in the village look pretty rough from the outside... so god only knows what they're like inside. :)

I guessed you did, I was being smart.:P

Dalhousie something! Thats what it was. I was maybe like 10.:laugh:

Dalhousie Court

Dr Ian Malcolm
scary pub, went in there once, and the barman shaved the guy who'd fallen asleep hair off. He really did.

I work in the bookies next door, can have agood laugh then the Porter's punters come through (if they're winning mind). Never been in myself.

Do The Dance

Less than 3 mins from either Diggers, Caley Sample rooms, Golden rule, Polwarth tavern, McCowans or Fountain. So, I have a fair choice.

:)

Archived