Harry Cochrane( merged ) - goal of the month(updated)

cuddledoon

cuddledoon

I hope that I am the first of many supporters over the next few years who will be waxing lyrical about this young man.

I have watched football for a very long time and have seen many promising debuts.

This player had a cameo 15 minutes or so today, but in that time he showed enough to suggest that we have a real treasure here.

One pass in particular was sublime, splitting the Livi defence, and it should have resulted in a goal. His quick feet and brain suggested that, despite his youth and size, he will be able to compete regularly at first team level in seasons to come.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds very encouraging mate! Know this boy is highly rated. Hope we nurture him properly.

Pistol1874

I hope that I am the first of many supporters over the next few years who will be waxing lyrical about this young man.

I have watched football for a very long time and have seen many promising debuts.

This player had a cameo 15 minutes or so today, but in that time he showed enough to suggest that we have a real treasure here.

One pass in particular was sublime, splitting the Livi defence, and it should have resulted in a goal. His quick feet and brain suggested that, despite his youth and size, he will be able to compete regularly at first team level in seasons to come.

That pass was sensational. Hopefully the start of a bright future. None of the young lads did themselves any harm today.

cuddledoon

That pass was sensational. Hopefully the start of a bright future. None of the young lads did themselves any harm today.

I enjoyed seeing the first team for the 65 minutes, but was delighted by the last 25 minutes when all the youngsters showed that they most certainly have football skills. We shall have to see how they develop, but there was a lot of promise on show.

Phil Dunphy

Now I was saying at the game that the youngsters were our best players today, looking bright and inventive.

But we should try not to get too carried away just yet, the worst thing for them would be to start expecting big things of them.

What a diff a year or so makes

Came through a difficult 'growing pains' period but now has sprouted and filled out

Like all young players he'll grow up but he has a chance and that's all we can say at this stage...

Jambof3tornado

Long way to go and must continue to be developed properly.

A real prospect with good potential.

Captain Sausage

Was that the lad that came on against Celtic last day of the season?

That was Brandon (full back) I think?

No..Harry has just turned 16 and signed a 3 year deal recently 

Phil Dunphy

That was Euan Henderson.

jamboinglasgow

Here is what the head of the academy, Roger Arnott, said about him in March said about him and his time at Hearts:

?Harry Cochrane is a central midfielder who turns 16 in April. He?s been involved with the Scotland squad and has played in our under-20s. He?s a very energetic midfielder, technically great with a good range of passing. He?s a box-to-box player, probably more attack-minded but can do the defensive aspect too. Harry was at Rangers until under-13s but he saw a better pathway here and joined us."

I do think its good that we have a few great talents coming through at the same time as it doesn't through the focus solely on one player, like has happened in the past.

Also how did Henderson, Chris Hamilton and Petkov do when they came on?

Forza Cuore

Strangely doesn't look like a footballer if that makes any sense. However he did play very well and has great upper body strength. Look forward to seeing more.

Bungalow Bill

It's great to hear this.

Hopefully he also has the mental strength required and he's a brave player. For example, fans on his back, passes going astray, he needs to keep going and believing in his ability.

fabienleclerq

You wouldn't notice he was as young as 16 by the way he played huge potential if he puts the work in and we look after him.

Hopefully the lad is encouraged to keep looking for positive passes and inventive play.

A player with half a brain knows when to play safe but shouldn't be brainwashed with that as many are. Positive play should be emcouraged more than anything.

Pistol1874

I enjoyed seeing the first team for the 65 minutes, but was delighted by the last 25 minutes when all the youngsters showed that they most certainly have football skills. We shall have to see how they develop, but there was a lot of promise on show.

Felt exactly the same.

Brandon did really well and a shorter stockier type of guy who slid one just past the post was really impressive too.

Finlay James

Cochran is part of a potentially exciting batch of kids who we may see introduced gradually to the 1st team over the next couple of seasons. The coaching personnel and strategy put in place by Levein and the academy staff has meant that they have had a great platform.

Cochran was also seriously courted by Celtic recently along with Marc Leonard so it's no surprise that he looks so promising and accomplished.

Our scouting, coaching and pathway to progression are developing well. There are others 2-3 years behind in the 12-13 age group that look extremely promising and on a level above the quality of kids that we are used to seeing. The project is long term but it will be very worth waiting for.

Family took him away from Ibrox as he wasn't getting game time, seen as behind Gilmour in pecking order. Only for the latter to then leave too.

Their loss could well be our gain, very well thought of across the country. Hopefully brought on and flourishes now he's here.

jamboinglasgow

Family took him away from Ibrox as he wasn't getting game time, seen as behind Gilmour in pecking order. Only for the latter to then leave too.

Their loss could well be our gain, very well thought of across the country. Hopefully brought on and flourishes now he's here.

Thats good that he is that highly rated (and that his family felt it was better to go to us for game time.)

Just watched some of the match on Heartstv, he certainly looked confident and skillful. 

Here is what the head of the academy, Roger Arnott, said about him in March said about him and his time at Hearts:

?Harry Cochrane is a central midfielder who turns 16 in April. He?s been involved with the Scotland squad and has played in our under-20s. He?s a very energetic midfielder, technically great with a good range of passing. He?s a box-to-box player, probably more attack-minded but can do the defensive aspect too. Harry was at Rangers until under-13s but he saw a better pathway here and joined us."

I do think its good that we have a few great talents coming through at the same time as it doesn't through the focus solely on one player, like has happened in the past.

Also how did Henderson, Chris Hamilton and Petkov do when they came on?

I have highlighted 2 major advantages, the first being a Cameron or Hartley type and the second probably most important thing, the young man's intelligence.

Horatio Caine

Only a matter of time before someone's on here saying he's too lightweight.

Rudolf's Mate

Only a matter of time before someone's on here saying he's too lightweight.

You're the first to even bring it up ;)

Am I right in thinking that at 15 he's been playing some games in the u20's? If so that's pretty impressive!

I agree with what others are saying about developing him correctly however if you're good enough age sometimes doesn't come into it. Not saying he should be getting 1st team game time however I've seen many moan for a long time that Scotland, unlike other countries has a lack of younger players breaking into first teams.

You're the first to even bring it up ;)

Am I right in thinking that at 15 he's been playing some games in the u20's? If so that's pretty impressive!

I agree with what others are saying about developing him correctly however if you're good enough age sometimes doesn't come into it. Not saying he should be getting 1st team game time however I've seen many moan for a long time that Scotland, unlike other countries has a lack of younger players breaking into first teams.

From reading on here, I get the impression we play lads in the age group above almost as a club policy. Kinda makes sense in a way.

First I've seen of him yesterday. I was very impressed. Hope he keeps progressing, because if he does, we'll have a helluva player on our books

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Big Moysey

First I've seen of him yesterday. I was very impressed. Hope he keeps progressing, because if he does, we'll have a helluva player on our books

Echo this. Don't want to build him up too much but him, Hamilton Baur and Henderson look promising

PsychocAndy

He is the lad that sold everyone there a beautiful dummy. First time I was glad of all seated stadiums, or we would have all been on our arse.

pattythejambo

Cochran is part of a potentially exciting batch of kids who we may see introduced gradually to the 1st team over the next couple of seasons. The coaching personnel and strategy put in place by Levein and the academy staff has meant that they have had a great platform.

Cochran was also seriously courted by Celtic recently along with Marc Leonard so it's no surprise that he looks so promising and accomplished.

Our scouting, coaching and pathway to progression are developing well. There are others 2-3 years behind in the 12-13 age group that look extremely promising and on a level above the quality of kids that we are used to seeing. The project is long term but it will be very worth waiting for.

Cochran is a clever player with great energy and potential but he must be managed properly I don't know what the key is but to many youngsters in Scottish football get a chance then disappear, hopefully with our management team being youth oriented they will know how to manage our youngsters as there are definitely a few of them with a great chance of making it into the first team in time.

Good luck to them all.

Whose his agent if anyone knows?

Hopefully the club make sure our youth players and families stay the away from that hun vulture Houldsworth. 

tartofmidlothian

Who else is getting excited to see him in action? Reports from today are all welcome.

Jambof3tornado

Hopefully a few more will follow him although it seems u20s for the next st least would be best although if you are good enough you are old enough springs to mind.

Alex Kintner

Looks a player. I remember there being a fair amount of hype around Scott Robinson at a similar age so won't get too excited yet!

cosanostra

Looks a player. I remember there being a fair amount of hype around Scott Robinson at a similar age so won't get too excited yet!

And Gary Glen.

:peepwall:

Hopefully a few more will follow him although it seems u20s for the next st least would be best although if you are good enough you are old enough springs to mind.

Remember that when Cathro was coaching at Dundee Utd, both John Souttar and Ryan Gauld made their first team debuts at 16.

Obviously, he wasn't in charge of first team selection, but I'm sure he was instrumental in pushing them forward, and seems to be someone who won't be afraid to give a young player a chance if the thinks the guy is ready for it.

chester copperpot

Could someone give me some info on this guy?

He sounds great however tell me what makes him great.

Seems like he can pick a pass which is magic, just what else does he bring to the table. Plan to go see him in the U20-s a few times this season.

Footballfirst

Could someone give me some info on this guy?

He sounds great however tell me what makes him great.

Seems like he can pick a pass which is magic, just what else does he bring to the table. Plan to go see him in the U20-s a few times this season.

Central or attacking midfielder - Recruited from Rangers three years ago. Can play the box to box midfield role or centrally behind the striker. Incredible energy, combative, always wanting to be involved in the play, and takes a lot of set pieces. A couple of years ago I watched a game in which Hearts got two free kicks just outside the box within a few minutes. He struck one with his right foot and the other with his left. Always tries to be positive and play forward and telling passes into the strikers. Takes his fair share of knocks as a result of his all-action style and missed a couple of months with a knee injury last season, just after starting to make an impression with the U20s. Good potential. He was also a regular in the Scotland U16 side last season.

cosanostra

Central or attacking midfielder - Recruited from Rangers three years ago. Can play the box to box midfield role or centrally behind the striker. Incredible energy, combative, always wanting to be involved in the play, and takes a lot of set pieces. A couple of years ago I watched a game in which Hearts got two free kicks just outside the box within a few minutes. He struck one with his right foot and the other with his left. Always tries to be positive and play forward and telling passes into the strikers. Takes his fair share of knocks as a result of his all-action style and missed a couple of months with a knee injury last season, just after starting to make an impression with the U20s. Good potential. He was also a regular in the Scotland U16 side last season.

Sounds a bit like Colin Cameron or Scott Brown at Hibs. High hopes he'll be as good as those two.

Captain America

Laddie sounds like the real deal.

Can't help but get excited.

If he sees 1st team competitive action this season and gets better then get the contract extended further.

Clerry Jambo

i get more excited when a young lad appears from the youths and starts in a positive fashion, than some of our main signings.

Hearts fans as usual will give him full support in his journey as a young footballer wearing the famous maroon, and as fans we hope he can progress and do the bizzo

Goan Harry san!!

stranraer-jambo

Long way to go and must continue to be developed properly.

A real prospect with good potential.

Agree, however with the background of both IC and AM I have no concerns regarding his nurturing and development.

chester copperpot

Can i just check why he left Rangers.

I.e was he released or chose to join us?

Archived