Harry Cochrane( merged ) - goal of the month(updated)

cuddledoon

11 minutes ago, RenfrewHearts said:

Good, cos he's not for sale.  Cochrane is an absolute gem and 3 million is too cheap imo.  I'd be offering the kid another 2 years onto his current contract at least and giving him a wage worthy of the player we've had the pleasure of watching this season.

U18s can't sign contracts longer than 3 years.  Quite rightly.  But unfortunately in this case!  He should certainly be getting another 3 year contract at the end of the season though.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RenfrewHearts
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

U18s can't sign contracts longer than 3 years.  Quite rightly.  But unfortunately in this case!  He should certainly be getting another 3 year contract at the end of the season though.

Ahhh fair enough. Makes sense, never thought i'd be discussing a new contract for a 16 year old due to first team performances tbh.  At that age,  we had Stevie Frail in charge, I was nowhere near selection. Pretty disappointing in hindsight :ninja:.

22 minutes ago, RenfrewHearts said:

Good, cos he's not for sale.  Cochrane is an absolute gem and 3 million is too cheap imo.  I'd be offering the kid another 2 years onto his current contract at least and giving him a wage worthy of the player we've had the pleasure of watching this season.

Excellent call and slap a release clause in his contract like other European clubs . 

RenfrewHearts
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well his Parents seem to be doing a decent job of keeping him grounded.

Bed at 9:30pm. And no PS4...

Nazis.

No iPad after 8... :jjyay:

5 hours ago, ramrod said:

Can't see anyone paying circa : 3 millIon for a 16 year old that's played a handful of games in the top tier of Scottish football . 

Hopefully true -- if I'm Levein I'm thinking he's worth £3m in the long run to us, so if no club is willing to put up £3m + 25% sell-on + loan back for the rest of the season, he stays.

Unless he really wants to go (as Leonard apparently did), I'm thinking he's going nowhere without serious "pay off the new stand" money.

Glamorgan Jambo

Man United bid £1 million for a 16 year old Aaron Ramsey after he'd played 5 minutes as a sub against Hull. A year later the fee offered by Man U and Arsenal was £5 million. On the back of 20 - 25 first team games. 

We need to wait for a while and Harry needs to get some more game time under his belt. 

9 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Hopefully true -- if I'm Levein I'm thinking he's worth £3m in the long run to us, so if no club is willing to put up £3m + 25% sell-on + loan back for the rest of the season, he stays.

Unless he really wants to go (as Leonard apparently did), I'm thinking he's going nowhere without serious "pay off the new stand" money.

Reading the Leonard thread and having read all the stuff about Harry, I think both he and his parents have their heads screwed on.

a season (or two) and if he continues to progress, he will be ready and we will get decent money for him.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, kila said:

Super Harry Cochrane

giphy.gif

That's what I like about him. Just bounces back up and gets on with it.

Captain America

£3million, 20% sell on fee and loan him back to us for rest of this season and next season or GTF.

58 minutes ago, kila said:

Super Harry Cochrane

giphy.gif

Great to see Harry's SAK protection being used to it's full potential 

Just now, Jamos said:

Great to see Harry's SAK protection being used to it's full potential 

He was wearing a jock strap?

18 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

£3million, 20% sell on fee and loan him back to us for rest of this season and next season or GTF.

Add another zero and I’d be semi tempted.  This lads going for big bucks, I mean transfer record stuff.  He’ll be playing for one of the big 4 down south on his 20th birthday, watch this space.

Captain America
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Add another zero and I’d be semi tempted.  This lads going for big bucks, I mean transfer record stuff.  He’ll be playing for one of the big 4 down south on his 20th birthday, watch this space.

You are right with how good he could be.

I just think back to bid we turned down for Andy Driver from Burnley and ended up getting heehaw.

* I am in no way comparing Driver with Cochrane just the Driver scenario popped into my head.

He should go absolutely nowhere for at least a couple of years. At 16 away from home there is too much that go wrong for him. 

Hopefully everyone approaches Harrys development sensibly. He'll not get this type of exposure in any other team at his age. Levein wants to play him and I assume he wants the game time. Just because scouts want to watch him doesn't mean we are obligated to sell. Harry will 100% make it at Hearts so that shouldn't be a concern for him, continuing his development and making the physical step up over the next 3 years should be his primary focus. The money will come, but at his age the game time should be enough. 

Too many young Scottish laddies disappear down south because thats where all the money is but all too often they end up playing reserve football/loan deals until they get churned out because they can't unseat the £15m player infront of them and the new manager doesn't want to risk his job on a youngster. 

If he sticks with us over the next 4-5 years he will make an EPL team pay big bucks for him which should mean he has a realistic shot of getting into the first team squad. The lad is just 16. Transfer talk now will only put unnecessary pressure on him which isn't fair at his age.

Who is his agent out of interest? Please for the love of christ tell me its not another hunsworth with west is best leanings. 

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

He should go absolutely nowhere for at least a couple of years. At 16 away from home there is too much that go wrong for him. 

The good thing is that his parents seem to be pretty sensible and keep him grounded, and he does come across as a lad with a bit of sense about him.  He will hopefully realise that he is in good hands at Hearts - would he be starting for any other top flight club at his age?  He must also surely feel the love at Hearts, from the coaching staff, team mates and the terraces.  I saw the way that Levein embraced him at the end of the game yesterday, it was like a proud Dad, thrilled with the way his laddie had performed.

31 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hopefully everyone approaches Harrys development sensibly. He'll not get this type of exposure in any other team at his age. Levein wants to play him and I assume he wants the game time. Just because scouts want to watch him doesn't mean we are obligated to sell. Harry will 100% make it at Hearts so that shouldn't be a concern for him, continuing his development and making the physical step up over the next 3 years should be his primary focus. The money will come, but at his age the game time should be enough. 

Too many young Scottish laddies disappear down south because thats where all the money is but all too often they end up playing reserve football/loan deals until they get churned out because they can't unseat the £15m player infront of them and the new manager doesn't want to risk his job on a youngster. 

If he sticks with us over the next 4-5 years he will make an EPL team pay big bucks for him which should mean he has a realistic shot of getting into the first team squad. The lad is just 16. Transfer talk now will only put unnecessary pressure on him which isn't fair at his age.

Who is his agent out of interest? Please for the love of christ tell me its not another hunsworth with west is best leanings. 

Elliot Fillingham - 360 Sport Consultancy. They look after most of our youngsters. 

Its quite remarkable, you saw the difference yesterday from the last derby which he missed, he gives our midfield drive and creativity.  In terms of Scottish football he has faced two of the biggest games, Celtic and Hibs and strolled through both games.  He will go very far in the game if he keeps his head screwed on.  As mentioned he is in the best possible place right now, if Hearts can build a team round him and McDonald then we could be a serious contender in years to come.

18 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Its quite remarkable, you saw the difference yesterday from the last derby which he missed, he gives our midfield drive and creativity.  In terms of Scottish football he has faced two of the biggest games, Celtic and Hibs and strolled through both games.  He will go very far in the game if he keeps his head screwed on.  As mentioned he is in the best possible place right now, if Hearts can build a team round him and McDonald then we could be a serious contender in years to come.

The amazing thing about Harry is, that in the space of 2 or 3 months, he's gone from being a young laddie thrown in at the deep end, who we were wondering about whether he was ready yet, to being a player that if he's not playing, we feel like we have a weakened team! 

One thing I don't quite get is why some folk seem keen that we include a release clause in any new contract. Why would you want an upper limit set on any transfer fee we might receive in the future? 

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

One thing I don't quite get is why some folk seem keen that we include a release clause in any new contract. Why would you want an upper limit set on any transfer fee we might receive in the future? 

If I was his agent I would be pressing for one. But it isnit in our interests I'd agree. I suppose it guards against man U coming in with a £500k bid to unsettle the player if we can point out the bid is invalid

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

If I was his agent I would be pressing for one. But it isnit in our interests I'd agree. I suppose it guards against man U coming in with a £500k bid to unsettle the player if we can point out the bid is invalid

Or Rangers with a bid for £200k on 12 month interest free credit.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Or Rangers with a bid for £200k on 12 month interest free credit.

I was thinking of big clubs, not those beneath us in the natural order of things

Archived