***The 2017/18 Hearts loans thread***

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

As I think we will be loaning out quite a few players this season, I thought there should be a thread dedicated it.

So all announcements of Hearts players going out on loan, rumours of players going out on loan and through the season updates on how the players are doing.

So far there is two players out on loan.

Nikolay Todorov has joined Livingston on a season long loan.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5991 

Andrew Irving has joined Berwick Rangers until January 2018 on a development loan

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5995

Nikolay recently got 2 caps for the Bulgarian U21's, hopefully he can handle the step up from League 1 to the Championship.

jamboinglasgow

Yeah

Andrew Irving to Berwick is interesting

He has only just turned 17

Certainly is an interesting one. Dont think he was a regular starter for the U20s last season. But forgot he has only turned 17. 

Will be interesting to see who else goes on loan from the 2os. 

I wonder what the plan is with Todorov? He's been loaned out since the day we signed him but we're only giving him one year contracts

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

jambo-rocker

Only Irving's is a development loan.

What's the full deal with development loans Jig? How many players can each parent club be allowed to send out? How many development loan players can a feeder club have?

I just find it strange that with the media pandering for colt sides that they almost don't seem aware of development loans. Arguably we're sending players out to gain first team experience whilst being able to apply what they've learnt right away into their parent club's u20 sides should be seen as a good thing. I don't think even leagues from other countries offer a combination of youth team and loan football, which would mean we are arugably giving more game time to younger players than ever before.

jamboinglasgow

What's the full deal with development loans Jig? How many players can each parent club be allowed to send out? How many development loan players can a feeder club have?

I just find it strange that with the media pandering for colt sides that they almost don't seem aware of development loans. Arguably we're sending players out to gain first team experience whilst being able to apply what they've learnt right away into their parent club's u20 sides should be seen as a good thing. I don't think even leagues from other countries offer a combination of youth team and loan football, which would mean we are arugably giving more game time to younger players than ever before.

Not completely sure. I read the SPFL rules and left me even more confused. Another poster (who I cant name as they haven't posted) is usually more clued up on the rules. But from what I can tell, and may be wrong, is that there is no limit how many development loans a club can arrange for its players. Each feeder club can loan a maximum of four players on development loans at one time.

Not completely sure. I read the SPFL rules and left me even more confused. Another poster (who I cant name as they haven't posted) is usually more clued up on the rules. But from what I can tell, and may be wrong, is that there is no limit how many development loans a club can arrange for its players. Each feeder club can loan a maximum of four players on development loans at one time.

They really push the boat out to word them as ambiguously and vaguely as possible. Probably justifies their positions since they can meetings to determine their own ridiculous wording. 

Not been confirmed by Hearts yet, but Stenhousemuir have put on their website that midfielder Harry Paton has joined on loan for the season. 

http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/news/2017/06/25/1598/

That wasn't meant to be news just yet (in that I hadn't thought it had been 100% agreed) but it seems we are making moves to get more young players game time at a level outwith the 20,s

I would imagine more will follow shortly.

Can see Robbo taking a couple of players to ICT.

Without knowing the make up of the ICT squad Currie, Zanatta, Beith and possibly even Hamilton spring to mind.

jamboinglasgow

That wasn't meant to be news just yet (in that I hadn't thought it had been 100% agreed) but it seems we are making moves to get more young players game time at a level outwith the 20,s

I would imagine more will follow shortly.

Yup, I think the older 20s will go out on loan to allow the younger ones a regular game for the 20s. So could see Petkov, Baur, Currie, Morrison, Mason and Reid all going out on loan. With Moore and Brandon pushed up for the first team squad (while getting game time for the 20s to keep them ready.)

Malcolm Tucker

Can see Robbo taking a couple of players to ICT.

Without knowing the make up of the ICT squad Currie, Zanatta, Beith and possibly even Hamilton spring to mind.

Currie definitely to go out on loan this season - ICT and Robbo would be the perfect fit!

I think Zanatta, Beith and Hamilton will be 1st team cover for this season though. Zanatta excelled at Queen's Park and it hasn't gone unnoticed. He's bulked up a fair bit as well.

A couple of his goals...

https://twitter.com/spfl/status/851726331511541760

https://twitter.com/spfl/status/861899074752172036

Completely off topic but this just reminded me a boy I work with said Hearts are a team full of loanees. He's a Hibs fan. :rofl:

Nice little interview with Andrew Irving

http://www.berwickrangers.com/andrew-irving-interview/

Last week we brought you the news that promising midfielder Andrew Irving had joined the club on a development loan from Hearts until January 2018.

This week our club website caught up with the youngster to discuss his arrival, his background and his hopes for the season;

Hello Andrew, welcome to Berwick Rangers. Tell us something about you?

A: Thank you. I?m excited to be here. I?d describe myself as an attacking midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and tries to bring other players into play.

Which player have you modelled your game on?

A: I?d say that I play a bit like Mesut Ozil in terms of looking to create and assist others. I managed a few assists in the under 20?s last season and will be hoping to continue that at Berwick.

Any other footballing heroes?

A: I, like most people, love Lionel Messi and the way he plays. I used to enjoy watching that whole Barcelona side with the likes of Iniesta and Xavi too. I was brought up as a Hearts supporter and have been watching them with my family since the age of 6 so I should also include Rudi Skacel! He was a favourite of mine.

Who?s the best player that you?ve played with to date?

A: When training with the Hearts first team I?ve always been impressed with Don Cowie, who has also played down in England. Always talking and moving the ball well.

What are your hopes for this season?

A: I?m coming to Berwick to develop as a player and the physical side of my game. I hope to prove a good addition to the squad and prove that I?m ready for first team football. I?ll be looking forward to watching the older players and becoming a bit more street wise with my game.

And internationally?

A: It?s been an honour to represent Scotland at under 17 level and I?ll be hoping to show what I can do at Berwick to continue to the under 18?s or 19?s. That?s the aim.

What do you know about Berwick the place or the club?

A: I?ve only heard good things about the club and how it is run. I?ve visited Berwick a few times but am looking forward to spending a bit more time there to find out more. I hear that the Manager was a decent player in his time! I also know the goalkeeping coach well so feel I?ll settle in quickly.

Berwick are delighted to have Andrew for the next few months and hope to develop his career ? as it will mean things are going well on the pitch. Andrew is expected to make his debut in the forthcoming friendlies.

For those people wanting to know a bit more about our players we can confirm his last holiday was to Majorca, his favourite food is anything chicken related and his best film is The Shawshank Redemption.

We all welcome him to the club as an exciting young talent.

indianajones

Currie definitely to go out on loan this season - ICT and Robbo would be the perfect fit!

I think Zanatta, Beith and Hamilton will be 1st team cover for this season though. Zanatta excelled at Queen's Park and it hasn't gone unnoticed. He's bulked up a fair bit as well.

A couple of his goals...

https://twitter.com/spfl/status/851726331511541760

https://twitter.com/spfl/status/861899074752172036

Saw these when they were scored and at first didnt realise it was him

He must have been hitting the gym pretty hard. Changed completely! 

• 3 weeks later...
jamboinglasgow

Meant to add these last week.

Callumn Morrison goes back to Stirling Albion and Harry Paton's loan to Stenhousemuir now confirmed. Both are on development loans until January.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6045

So currently we have 4 players out on loan, 1 to the championship, 3 to League two.

jamboinglasgow

At the weekend:

Todorov was an unused sub against Partick Thistle in a 1-1 draw in the Betfred cup (Livingston won on penalties.)

Morrison came off the bench in the 73' minute for Stirling in their 4-1 defeat by Falkirk in the Betfred cup.

Irving played the full 90 mins for Berwick in their 1-0 defeat by Morton in the Betfred cup.

Harry Paton wasn't in the matchday squad for Stenhousemuir.

letsalldothebeattie

From last nights games:

Callumn Morrison played the full 90 and missed a penalty in the shootout for Stirling Albion in 0-0 penalty loss against Inverness. From report from Radio Scotland despite the pen miss Callumn was a standout for Albion

Alistair Roy was a 55th minute sub for Dumbarton in there 3-1 defeat to Ayr

Andrew Irvine played the full 90 and scored a penalty in the shootout for Berwick Rangers in there 2-2 penalty loss to Edinburgh City.

Harry Paton once again not involved in the Stenhousemuir matchday squad for game against Albion Rovers

Nikolay Todorov came on in the 62nd minute for Livingston in there 1-0 win over St Mirren and very nearly made it 2-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of goals today for Callum Morrison

Thought I heard his name on the radio on the way home and wondered if it was him.

• 2 weeks later...
letsalldothebeattie

A good day for some of the young boys out on loan today.

Andy Irving netted a double in Berwick Rangers 3-1 win over Clyde at Shielfield, Irvine netted the equaliser and the third goal.

Callumn Morrison netted the second equaliser for Stirling Albion in the Binos 3-2 win over Stenhousemuir. Harry Paton scored the opener for Stenny in that game

Ally Roy played the 90 mins & picked up a yellow card for Dumbarton in a 0-0 draw against Morton

Nikolay Todorov was a 92nd minute sub for Livi in the 1-1 draw at Almondvale against Dunfermline.

Pleasing to see Irving, Morrison & Paton playing well and scoring for their respective loan clubs.

Archived