• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Delighted for him. I didn't think he'd cut it at that level. Although, in fairness I didn't think he'd end up as a striker for them. 

8 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Does anyone else feel a huge sense of pride seeing him do so well down there? I Can’t remember wanting an ex Jambo to do so well than our Cal, well done Dr Funk!

100%. Like watching your son grow up and achieve all his dreams ❤️

Bazzas right boot

Folk using the

"He's an Epl player " phrase allot. 

Glen Murray and sol bamba are also Epl players as is Augeuro, the scope is quite wide so not sure what that means and why folk use it to justify an opinion. 

Cardiff got promoted, so clearly he becomes an Epl player. He's been one since August. 

He's surprising me with his goals, not only that, important goals. 

He's doing a cracking job and with his age and versatility he'll do anyone a turn.  Obviously a cracking guy as well to have around. 

I'll stick with my opinion that he's limited technically (although his first time finishing is fantastic...) so will will stay lower half or top championship level. 

Still hell of a career and hopefully one big move in him for £10m + which is pennies down there. 

If Cardiff go down, he'll stay there, if they stay up you can't help but think they'll buy a few £20m players including strikers and he move down the pecking order or become their jack of all trades person from the bench. 

I just hope he doesn't go to Celtic in the future. 

Always had a feeling him and Souttar will end up there. ?

He is an Epl player, but still not sure what that means and why folk are using it, like it ends all debate and justifies thier opinion. 

19 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Folk using the

Glen Murray and sol bamba are also Epl players as is Augeuro, the scope is quite wide so not sure what that means and why folk use it to justify an opinion. 

Cardiff got promoted, so clearly he becomes an Epl player. He's been one since August. 

He's surprising me with his goals, not only that, important goals. 

He's doing a cracking job and with his age and versatility he'll do anyone a turn.  Obviously a cracking guy as well to have around. 

I'll stick with my opinion that he's limited technically (although his first time finishing is fantastic...) so will will stay lower half or top championship level. 

Still hell of a career and hopefully one big move in him for £10m + which is pennies down there. 

If Cardiff go down, he'll stay there, if they stay up you can't help but think they'll buy a few £20m players including strikers and he move down the pecking order or become their jack of all trades person from the bench. 

I just hope he doesn't go to Celtic in the future. 

Always had a feeling him and Souttar will end up there. ?

He is an Epl player, but still not sure what that means and why folk are using it, like it ends all debate and justifies thier opinion. 

I think the opposite mate. If Cardiff go down then another Prem club (probably a team moving up from Championship) will 100% buy him. A striker who can score 10 goals in EPL (assuming he will at current ratio) is worth his weight in gold to a bottom half team.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I think the opposite mate. If Cardiff go down then another Prem club (probably a team moving up from Championship) will 100% buy him. A striker who can score 10 goals in EPL (assuming he will at current ratio) is worth his weight in gold to a bottom half team.

Aye, maybe. 

50/50

Would  be ideal tbh. Cardiff go down, want to keep him. Another team (s) I dunno let's say  Brighton/ Bournemouth want him...  Ideal scenerio for us and him. 

He'll Likley end up on about £60k a week and it would be a £15m + move.

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

47 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Folk using the

People say it because of the number of tedious posters that said "never an EPL player" when at Hearts, when in the Championship and even earlier this season, especially when he was briefly out of the starting 11. The point being that all those that confidently predicted he would never get a game in the EPL were wrong. Those who predicted he would play in the EPL were right, so in that sense it does justify their opinion.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

People say it because of the number of tedious posters that said "never an EPL player" when at Hearts, when in the Championship and even earlier this season, especially when he was briefly out of the starting 11. The point being that all those that confidently predicted he would never get a game in the EPL were wrong. Those who predicted he would play in the EPL were right, so in that sense it does justify their opinion.

Still makes no sense, the scope is very wide. 

When Cardiff were promoted he became an Epl player. Simple fact. 

Whether he's a good Epl player, a poor one etc is up for debate, but he is an Epl player, as his his team mate Sol Bamba and guys like Salah. 

No matter, the boy is doing well. 

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Whether he's a good Epl player, a poor one etc is up for debate, but he is an Epl player, as his his team mate Sol Bamba and guys like Salah. 

In that case it was the people that were confidently saying that he would never make it in the EPL that were making no sense. It was even pointed out to many of those posters at the time how limited some of the players in the EPL are. Those now mentioning that he is an EPL player are just pointing out how wrong those posters were, by highlighting the simple fact that he is an EPL player.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

In that case it was the people that were confidently saying that he would never make it in the EPL that were making no sense. It was even pointed out to many of those posters at the time how limited some of the players in the EPL are. Those now mentioning that he is an EPL player are just pointing out how wrong those posters were, by highlighting the simple fact that he is an EPL player.

Seems a bit of a dull thing to go on about and still makes no sense. 

Yip, he's a decent Epl player for Cardiff atm. No doubt. 

No sure why that's up for debate. 

If Cardiff don't make it in the Epl, not sure where that would take the debate, by default it would mean their team is not Epl standard?

Interesting times ahead?

This thread could take a few twists and turns yet, but atm he is an Epl player, of that there is no doubt. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

When Callum wasn’t in the team at the start of the season they had technically better players but were a much worse team.

When Cardiff play to their strength Callum is a big asset due to his ability to get flick ins and sniff out a goal.

I struggle to think of another team who plays in that fashion so would be surprised if he moved for big money.

I also think he needs to find a settled position personally I would play him as a CAM.

10 hours ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Hoping the likes of everton pay £30million for CP can but hope 

The goal celebrations alone are worth £10m.

7 hours ago, redm said:

I do. It’s so weird. I feel so so very proud of him. Our laddie making a name for himself. It’s like he’s family or something. If he’s on telly we all stop and watch it in silent reverence, and sometimes we applaud too ?

He showed real class in the way he organised his exit from the club. I think people really appreciated that especially. He went with my very best wishes. If only all players could be more Callum. Maybe he’ll also do a Berra and come back home sometime.

This^^^ :greatpost:

11 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Does anyone else feel a huge sense of pride seeing him do so well down there? I Can’t remember wanting an ex Jambo to do so well than our Cal, well done Dr Funk!

ME

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Cardiff getting promoted was only one factor. He then had to retain his place in the team and make an impact to be an EPL player. He has flourished, scored in a number of games now and yesterday he was the match winner. If he was on the bench or in the stand nobody would be claiming that he was an EPL level player. It is that combination, Cardiff getting promoted and him being part of their recent resurgence that backs up this statement. 

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
Makes me laugh how many of our fans cannot or will not understand that Calum is actually a good footballer too. Don’t be fooled by the effort he puts in into thinking that’s all there is to his game. There’s a bloody good football player in there.

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:
Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
Makes me laugh how many of our fans cannot or will not understand that Calum is actually a good footballer too. Don’t be fooled by the effort he puts in into thinking that’s all there is to his game. There’s a bloody good football player in there.

I have been watching their forum for sometime and tbh there are snippets of positivity about CP, however most of the posts are negative about Scottish football - So screw them and their superiority complex, they are lucky to have Callum and we are lucky to have a sell on clause.

Calebs Grandad

Callum is an example for many young players out there. His parents left Zimbabwe as they no longer felt safe and moved to London where he was born. The family along with his mums sisters family moved to Edinburgh where he grew up. Both his mum and auntie took Callum and his cousin Michael Travis the Forfar captain to Tae Kwon Doe classes as youngsters and I’m fairly certain the boys both achieved black belts. He has been with his girlfriend since school days. To describe any pro footballer as grounded and level headed these days is a rarity but CP fits that bill perfectly. Polite, well mannered, dedicated and confident are just a few of the traits this guy possesses and it’s little wonder Hearts supporters feel huge pride watching Callum progress at the top level. 

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I thought it was highly patronising and only the last 3 lines had any truth. Obviously written by someone with no knowledge of Paterson prior to his move down south.

10 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I thought it was highly patronising and only the last 3 lines had any truth. Obviously written by someone with no knowledge of Paterson prior to his move down south.

I have to disagree and thought it was a very clever look at how Paterson has done since Cardiff were promoted.

Brick Tamland
25 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I have to disagree and thought it was a very clever look at how Paterson has done since Cardiff were promoted.

I agree with this. It was a decent read too. 

41 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Fair dues - still think it was shite

"When a player is seen as physical and when he’s a Scot who comes replete with a Begbie moustache, it’s tempting to make assumptions – to see him as dour and unfeeling"

Says more about the author than anything else. Ignoring the casual bigotry, even just a cursory glance at Patterson's career pre-Cardiff would have disproved this.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

"When a player is seen as physical and when he’s a Scot who comes replete with a Begbie moustache, it’s tempting to make assumptions – to see him as dour and unfeeling"

Says more about the author than anything else.

Correct 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Watched him a lot when  I was at the Wolves game  there a couple of weeks ago . Utterly hopeless and a blatant cheat to boot. There , I said it.  Rare I have a go at ex players but he can feck right off. 

1 hour ago, DVB said:

"I was the one who played him up front, but when it wasn't working I was getting criticised by Hearts fans."

(Some) Hearts fans' growing reputation as a bunch of world-class moaners getting a wider audience. ?

I wish Neilson had played him up front more when we lost Sow, even though he would have got pelters for it. Same with Locke. 

Anyhow, it's not all attitude with Paterson, you can't play in the EPL and not be a good footballer. His goal reel shows he's got good technique as well as being a big physical daftie.

21 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Watched him a lot when  I was at the Wolves game  there a couple of weeks ago . Utterly hopeless and a blatant cheat to boot. There , I said it.  Rare I have a go at ex players but he can feck right off. 

Get it up you. More than makes up for last season. You were garbage against Cardiff. 

Finding it tough in the big time despite all that spending eh? 

in Warnock we trust. 

p.s. Paterson still has a dreadful touch and lack of proper 'technique' but he fits Cardiff's system very well. Pretty much a poor mans Fellaini. 

Edited by The Brow

"The league in which they’re competing is also ruled by speed and athleticism and, at first glance, Paterson doesn’t pass the eye test."

I thought that was a weird comment given he opens the article saying Paterson looks like an MMA fighter. If there is one thing that an eye test of Paterson would scream is that he's just that, an athlete.