London Bridge

elvoys

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SwindonJambo

15-20 mowed down by van I'm hearing.

Knife attack too apparently.

Sick evil scum. I shudder how many more times will this happen.

peter_hmfc

Reports of a knife attack as well, thankfully no deaths reported so far but I fear that will change.

gashauskis9

You can stop bombings, shootings and knife crime. You can't stop some maniac ploughing a van into pedestrians over a matter of seconds. This type of attack scares the shit out of me more than any other. Hoping and praying there are little or no serious casualties.

Reports of a knife attack as well, thankfully no deaths reported so far but I fear that will change.

Probably.

Can't believe this has happened again.

Shitbags.

Ibrahim Tall

You can stop bombings, shootings and knife crime. You can't stop some maniac ploughing a van into pedestrians over a matter of seconds. This type of attack scares the shit out of me more than any other. Hoping and praying there are little or no serious casualties.

Tbh, it's practically impossible to stop knife attacks too. Possibly at 'events' but there's nothing stopping someone going out onto the street and attacking people with a large kitchen knife.

gashauskis9

Why are the newsrooms debating whether this is an act of terrorism? It doesn't matter who done this, attempting to kill and strike fear into folk is the definition of terrorism!

gashauskis9

Tbh, it's practically impossible to stop knife attacks too. Possibly at 'events' but there's nothing stopping someone going out onto the street and attacking people with a large kitchen knife.

Fair point chief

peter_hmfc

In before Peter sees this topic.

This is becoming an absolute joke now

Can I not comment on something that is currently breaking and front page (or whatever the TV alternative is) news?

:(

Captain Sausage

I used to live on Tooley St right at the bridge. Would walk over it several times a week - often on a Saturday night on the way back from the city. Scary, really hope social media has exaggerated and casualties are minimal.

Why are the newsrooms debating whether this is an act of terrorism? It doesn't matter who done this, attempting to kill and strike fear into folk is the definition of terrorism!

maybe the suspect was white!?

Can I not comment on something that is currently breaking and front page (or whatever the TV alternative is) news?

:(

Of course you can. You just tend to be very opinionated, that's all.

Few accounts of being seeing gun shot wounds? 

I remember a yr ago folks on beeb patting themselves on the back that we had it so much better than France cos we didn't do 'rigid secularism'. Idiots.

Europe is indistinguishable from Israel these days.

Fitzroy Pointon

I may be wrong and I don't know a lot about politics but why do these incidents increase in the lead up to a general election? Perhaps I'm being cynical.

Hope everyone is okay. Sounds absolutely horrific.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

There was a similar incident in New York recently where it turned out the driver was actually pished.

peter_hmfc

Of course you can. You just tend to be very opinionated, that's all.

Few accounts of being seeing gun shot wounds? 

Can I not have an opinion? An opinion on a thread on a forum where people discuss their opinions?

Strange seeing claims of 5-6 injured, or as many as 20.

Can I not have an opinion? An opinion on a thread on a forum where people discuss their opinions?

Not saying you can't, was merely a little side joke as normally you're really quick to get in there and as it was - you beat me to it.

peter_hmfc

Not saying you can't, was merely a little side joke as normally you're really quick to get in there and as it was - you beat me to it.

What an absolutely shite contribution to the thread then :lol: .

What an absolutely shite contribution to the thread then :lol: .

It was indeed. I did however give my opinion of the situation at the end though if that made it slightly better. 

Police seem to be holding bullet proof shields now, this is looking pretty damn serious now

Guy on my facebook says he was on/near the bridge and he says there was a guy in red bomber jacket running around with a knife. With reports of gunfire and the backdoors and both front doors of the van open you can only begin to think there's 3+ attackers

Boy on phone to Sky News saying he heard gunfire at start of incident.

Our friends we'd just left were in the area said to us they had heard gunfire

chubby1973

Hope they get home safely

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ibrahim Tall

Possibly/hopefully the police responding.

Seen reports online of three attackers with knifes jumping out the van.

Hope they get home safely

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheers, they headed out of the area as soon as they heard it. They're home safe now.

Another person on Sky News saying armed Police were firing

Another person on Sky News saying armed Police were firing

I thought I heard it as police were shouting to bystanders to get down and right after it there was 3 or so bursts of gunfire? Maybe not though

police tweet another incident at borough market

Could be wrong but seems to me it's the guy/ guys that were on London Bridge then moved onto borough market area

Hate to say but I think there is a high probability of there being a hostage situation here. So many police officers with full body armour and shields seem to be grouping up

Archived