Paterson to Cardiff?

Nightwing

Rudolf's Mate

The racists section is that way---------------------->

If that was racist then we should all give up from posting on here now.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alicante jambo

I agree.Its not a bit racist .

And here was me convinced No EPL team would sign a player without seeing him in competitive mode.But then this is not a signing to me but theft.

Cardiff City are not an EPL team.

Good luck if true - Cardiff are bang on average in the Championship - wages will be x 5-10 times so it's a no brainier - stepping stone to the EPL or Glasgow

Nothing racist about that post.  Trolling again Peter?

It's been pissing down on Pete for a while..

Nothing racist about that post. Trolling again Peter?

Randy Marsh

It's been pissing down on Pete for a while..

. Best ignored. The dude is mentally ill.

Pulls the driver out the bag. Takes a big swing, and falls on his bum.

Unknown user

Surely a fundamental part of a DoF role would be managing the club's relations with all agents. Or maybe you could just deal with one who feeds you gem after gem...

Name this one agent

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Struna and Sowah injured at the same time with the same injury was a remarkable coincidence.

Wholesale change beginning at 230 tomorrow

Rudi Hates Hibees

Arent they Sam's agent too?? Definitely a bit of a trend forming!

Who's the agent?

Randy Marsh

Our DOF should be ashamed

This. Patterson should have been offered a 5 year deal and made the club's highest paid player as soon as we had come out of admin. For all Vlads faults one thing he did get right was offering Craig Gordon a new bumper contract because he knew we could comand a huge transfer fee for him. To only get ?400k for Patterson is pathetic. Well done Craig!

This. Patterson should have been offered a 5 year deal and made the club's highest paid player as soon as we had come out of admin. For all Vlads faults one thing he did get right was offering Craig Gordon a new bumper contract because he knew we could comand a huge transfer fee for him. To only get ?400k for Patterson is pathetic. Well done Craig!

Do you not think that maybe Vlad dishing out bumper contracts might have had something do with our near demise?

Not that the contracts meant that much to Vlad anyhow as the players often went without wages

I thought it was ?600k compensation Hearts were entitled too?

Anyway, wish him nothing but the best, been a great player for us and am gutted to see him go but at least it's not to one of the uglies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not one of the Levein oot camp(yet) but it is a fact that both Paterson & his agent don't like Levein.

Yep. And Levein gives no feck about him. Shocking

airthjambo

Offered & accepting being the difference, who knows what was offered and/ or refused.

All speculation

Randy Marsh

Do you not think that maybe Vlad dishing out bumper contracts might have had something do with our near demise?

Not that the contracts meant that much to Vlad anyhow as the players often went without wages

Absolutely it contributed I agree. But that Gordon deal netted ?9m which helped cover so much of the money wasted at that time. I feel that CL has I lot to answer for over losing Patterson.

Shanks said no

Name this one agent

He's on the books of Key Sports Management, don't know the individual agent

the big show

He's on the books of Key Sports Management, don't know the individual agent

Sam is with them as well and so is Levein .. JC is one of there directors .

Fozzyonthefence

It's him that should give up posting.

Toxteth O'Grady

Why?

Patterson was never going to sign an extension. He wanted away. We're it not for injury we may have got twice, three times what we will get in a development fee, but he got injured so everyone list out.

In what way is that the fault of Levein etc?

if he wasn't going to sign he shoild have been sold but the worrying thing is none of them want to extend contracts - Our DOF needs to either needs to sort that or make sure they move when we can get the best fee for them. What does Levein actually do these days?

Shanks said no

It's him that should give up posting.

This

He's the clown who had a monumental rant at Thomaso on the New Stand thread that no one could understand.

Toxteth O'Grady

Why?

Patterson was never going to sign an extension. He wanted away. We're it not for injury we may have got twice, three times what we will get in a development fee, but he got injured so everyone list out.

In what way is that the fault of Levein etc?

if he wasn't going to sign he shoild have been sold but the worrying thing is none of them want to extend contracts - Our DOF needs to either needs to sort that or make sure they move when we can get the best fee for them. What does Levein actually do these days?

William H. Bonney

The Cardiff fans seem quite excited about it. Let's hope he's a massive success

Livvyjambo

Apologist

Livvyjambo

And our head coach :)

Bob Loblaw

I genuinely think he could do better than Cardiff. They are a club with mental owners and at the wrong end of the Championship. But obviously Callum's injury comes into play, he's decided to leave and they are offering the money. He fully goes with my best wishes and thanks if that's the case. He's been brilliant for Hearts and we've been good for him.

I'd also like to add that quite often prospects move on hoping for better and there are few that I'd bother about after they move. I genuinely hope he has a great career at club and international level.

You can't sell someone without a buyer and as far as I'm aware no bids came in for him last summer. His early season form undoubtedly earned him some admirers but again none were willing to meet our valuation of him in January.

?400,000 isn't great for a player of CP's ability but it's a player's prerogative to turn down contact offers and I can't imagine he would have be that interested in signing anything more recently than our championship season.

Jambof3tornado

Soapy is with them too....and Sibbald and Ryan Gauld.......just saying likes!!

Bob Loblaw

We gambled that Paterson would've helped us reach Europe and finish at least one place higher. That's and extra ?2-300k right there. If we'd got a good bid we'd have dealt but all we had was Wigan offering half a million when it made no sense when we were due ?400k anyway.

Toxteth O'Grady

You can't sell someone without a buyer and as far as I'm aware no bids came in for him last summer. His early season form undoubtedly earned him some admirers but again none were willing to meet our valuation of him in January.

?400,000 isn't great for a player of CP's ability but it's a player's prerogative to turn down contact offers and I can't imagine he would have be that interested in signing anything more recently than our championship season.

We really don't know what bids or what efforts were made. The bottom line is we produced a good player and will get buttons for him. It is the DOF job to make sure that doesn't happen but I guess he is too busy studying the form of the Horses to do that.

jamboinglasgow

We really don't know what bids or what efforts were made. The bottom line is we produced a good player and will get buttons for him. It is the DOF job to make sure that doesn't happen but I guess he is too busy studying the form of the Horses to do that.

So if you dont know what bids are made, how can you criticise Levein by assuming we turned down better bids?

Ultimately how do you get a good deal for a player when English clubs like to take the piss with Scottish football and offer tiny offers and a player winds down his contract and wont sign a new one. 

There are others who have the same agent as Paterson and they are looking for the same result as Paterson.  The agent is the problem here.

The company who manage Paterson, Nicholson, Souttar and Liam Smith are none other than Key Sports Management.

It will come as no surprise to many that a certain John Colquhuon is a Director of said company.

So if your theory is correct then as Levein and Colquhuon are mates does that not strike you as a bit strange?

http://keysports.co.uk/

I have not read the full threadbefore posting as I see others have commented about Key Sports, sorry.

Bull's-eye

If he had the slightest feeling for Hearts he would have signed an extension with a get out clause and earned us a decent transfer fee, this is something that happens with the development fee, players think because there will be a little going back into the club then they've done little wrong.

Always will bite you on the arse because it's always the better players that will command interest from elsewhere and let their contracts run down. Can't really blame Calum for going down this route but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth as I say, he could have signed on and made it known he was open for a move.

The company who manage Paterson, Nicholson, Souttar and Liam Smith are none other than Key Sports Management.

It will come as no surprise to many that a certain John Colquhuon is a Director of said company.

So if your theory is correct then as Levein and Colquhuon are mates does that not strike you as a bit strange?

I have not read the full threadbefore posting as I see others have commented about Key Sports, sorry.

Posting those facts will upset some who are conveninced that the agents are all engineering moves away from hearts for all their players, because of...

Paterson is ready for a new challenge, it's a shame he didn't sign a new contract, not get injured and potentially earn us ?1m plus, however, he was very honest for quite a while that he was leaving. Nicholson, well, if he thinks he's good enough to play at a higher level then fair play, it will be interesting to see how his career pans out.

The other people in the club represented by key sports as far as we can all tell at the moment are staying out souttar and smith and

Levein

So talk of a conspiracy seems pretty overstated just now.

Posting those facts will upset some who are conveninced that the agents are all engineering moves away from hearts for all their players, because of...

Paterson is ready for a new challenge, it's a shame he didn't sign a new contract, not get injured and potentially earn us ?1m plus, however, he was very honest for quite a while that he was leaving. Nicholson, well, if he thinks he's good enough to play at a higher level then fair play, it will be interesting to see how his career pans out.

The other people in the club represented by key sports as far as we can all tell at the moment are staying out souttar and smith and

Levein

So talk of a conspiracy seems pretty overstated just now.

No conspiracy & if you look st my posts you'll see I'm one that is backing Cathro atm. However it is true that Patersons agent doesn't like Levein. It is not JC that is the agent, albeit he is a director of the firm.

Daily Record reporting that Rangers want Paterson.......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jamboinglasgow

Daily record will link any Scottish player with Rangers.

Daily record will link any Scottish player with Rangers.

I can handle him leaving but I would struggle to deal with him going to them.

How's that racist. The guys having a joke

airthjambo

And we want Messi lol

Unknown user

Precisely. So the accusation that Paterson's agent has a problem with Levein is ridiculous - it's Levein's agent, mate and friend of Hearts, John Colquhoun.

19/05/2012

Paterson wants to go down to England. He would have signed a new 1 year deal but we get more money for him now than a year down the line. He didn't want to sign a 2 year deal. The Rangers link is nonsense

Precisely. So the accusation that Paterson's agent has a problem with Levein is ridiculous - it's Levein's agent, mate and friend of Hearts, John Colquhoun.

JC isn't his agent, JC is a director at the agency the agent works with. Not an accusation it is fact that his agent does not like Levein.

As I've said I'm not one that has been anti Cathro or Levein & continue to back them through till the first round of fixtures next season. So there's no agenda or conspiracy from me. Just passing on what I know.

Archived