Paterson to Cardiff?

Nightwing

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a daft question, but how can he sign for someone outside of the transfer window? Surely he's contracted to us to the end of the season.

Maybe a daft question, but how can he sign for someone outside of the transfer window? Surely he's contracted to us to the end of the season.

You maybe sign a pre contract agreement

Rudolf's Mate

From Jan onwards I believe that's correct.

Riddley Walker

He's been able to sign for anyone he likes since January.

Going for a medical when contracted to another team would be out of the question though, right?

Wouldn't surprise me if Hearts have allowed it though.

I think you can sign for another club but they can't register you until the window opens.

Going for a medical when contracted to another team would be out of the question though, right?

Think fairly common scenario for players signing pre contracts

Fair enough guys. Have to see if it turns out to be true :thumbsup:

I'm sure Hearts would be accommodating

Also with regard to the injury it's important to have a good idea where he is at

I think you can sign for another club but they can't register you until the window opens.

Is the correct answer.

Finlay James

Good luck to callum if true, he's been a great servant to Hearts

Gutted to lose him. He's been an absolutely fantastic servant to the football club, an unquestionable 'winner' (sometimes came across as petulance however!). A true shining light in troubled times for our great football club. Also some goal return! All the best Dr Funk!

Cruyff Turn

I believe this Cardiff rumour to be true however I don't think he'll be having a medical as he isn't fit. Cardiff would be signing him on the premise that he won't play until October.

He's been down in Cardiff for the last couple of days. Surprised he's joining them to be honest but good luck to him.

He was to sign for them before he got injured

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i wish jj was my dad

Good luck to the guy. It's obvious how much we've missed him

Lucille's Thirsty

400K for our best player absolute peanuts.

So depressing but entirely predictable given his contract situation.

Shanks said no

Good luck Callum if true

Both the club and player lost out with the injury

400.000 for an injured player who refused a new contract, and may never be the same player again. Good money.

Toxteth O'Grady

400K for our best player absolute peanuts.

So depressing but entirely predictable given his contract situation.

Our DOF should be ashamed

Livvyjambo

400.000 for an injured player who refused a new contract, and may never be the same player again. Good money.

Nonsense

A player who's contract was poorly managed . Cost us 7 figures

We all knew this was coming for a long time. Still feels like a sturdy kick in the plums. 

Our DOF should be ashamed

Why?

Patterson was never going to sign an extension. He wanted away. We're it not for injury we may have got twice, three times what we will get in a development fee, but he got injured so everyone list out.

In what way is that the fault of Levein etc?

400k towards the new stand

Good positive point....he is a good player, wish him the best....

Good luck to the boy, wish he would have signed an extension and went in better circumstances though.

Cheers for the goals, especially the many v them!

Glamorgan Jambo

Could be a decent move for Dr Funk. Warnock's a decent manager and is putting together a squad which should as a minimum be challenging for the Play offs next season. And Callum will be playing every week once he's fit.

Captain Bubblebeard

Struna away

This would somewhat temper the disappointment of losing CP.

Best wishes Callum. If you don't step up, I selfishly hope you absolutely bomb and come back home in a couple of years!

He's been down in Cardiff for the last couple of days. Surprised he's joining them to be honest but good luck to him.

He went down on Monday, Sheffield Weds, on erm Weds Thursday and back up the road Friday. I would be really surprised if he doesn't sign for them. He's out of contract end of next month so doesn't have to notify us anything.

Bowmans_Boot

Callum will have a great career in the game and I wish him all the best.

I will always be extremely grateful to him for his desire, fight, passion and goals which saved and turned many, many games for us.

Rather than seeing money lost on a transfer fee, we should see it as having been an absolute privilege to have had him playing for us for these years. And he saved us a transfer fee by not having to sign a player of his quality.

Why?

Patterson was never going to sign an extension. He wanted away. We're it not for injury we may have got twice, three times what we will get in a development fee, but he got injured so everyone list out.

In what way is that the fault of Levein etc?

Players don't want to be at the club just now. It's Leveins fault. It's his way or players can bolt.

Families don't like him either.

Callum will have a great career in the game and I wish him all the best.

I will always be extremely grateful to him for his desire, fight, passion and goals which saved and turned many, many games for us.

Rather than seeing money lost on a transfer fee, we should see it as having been an absolute privilege to have had him playing for us for these years. And he saved us a transfer fee by not having to sign a player of his quality.

He will be back one day. He loves Hearts.

Players don't want to be at the club just now. It's Leveins fault. It's his way or players can bolt.

Families don't like him either.

Im not one of the Levein oot camp(yet) but it is a fact that both Paterson & his agent don't like Levein.

Bigger balls than the rest of the collective playing and management staff left at the club. Good luck Callum, it's been a pleasure watching someone maximise their talents and play the way we would want to as fans.

Mid Calder Jambo

Im not one of the Levein oot camp(yet) but it is a fact that both Paterson & his agent don't like Levein.

There are others who have the same agent as Paterson and they are looking for the same result as Paterson.  The agent is the problem here.

There are others who have the same agent as Paterson and they are looking for the same result as Paterson. The agent is the problem here.

Surely a fundamental part of a DoF role would be managing the club's relations with all agents. Or maybe you could just deal with one who feeds you gem after gem...

PeterintheRain

Levein will get another half dozen African left backs with the money.

The racists section is that way---------------------->

sairyinthat

And here was me convinced No EPL team would sign a player without seeing him in competitive mode.But then this is not a signing to me but theft.

been here before

...he's been a great servant to Hearts

He's been an absolutely fantastic servant to the footbal club...

For any football player to be described as a "servant" is not only one of the most obviously naffest cliches out there but, frankly, fxxxin laughable.

There are others who have the same agent as Paterson and they are looking for the same result as Paterson. The agent is the problem here.

Arent they Sam's agent too?? Definitely a bit of a trend forming!

Archived