Paterson to Cardiff?

Nightwing

siegementality

Yes .. The sad part for me is they have known for over nearly a year and half that CP was not going to sign another deal as he made it clear to them .. They should have been doing everything possible to put him in the shop window etc etc and try and get as much as we could for him .  There is something not right when we are only getting a development fee for CP and i put out down to bad management .. Who else can we make accountable ? What else can you say when you are getting buttons for one of our most valuable assets .. personally speaking it's just another thing in the list you can file under Shambles ..

Raver alert!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seymour M Hersh

Not sure I don't know the directors. Fact is he's still looking after his client really.

At the expense of the company he is employed by? Not the smartest of long term career moves. 

At the expense of the company he is employed by? Not the smartest of long term career moves.

Don't disagree with you

Sometimes a story is just that.. a story

I'd be surprised if there were not more stories of just where he will end up.

He made it pretty clear England was his first choice so let's see what happens.

Unknown user

West Ham were close to making an offer, but he got injured before an actual offer was made, so we didn't really miss out on a big offer. It was just unfortunate timing, otherwise we probably would have had a good offer.

I was told over a year ago that he would t be signing a new deal with Hearts. I had hoped he would sign a years extension following his injury and potentially move next winter, but wasn't going to happen.

For the record I didn't say it was Leveins fault, only that the agent really doesn't like him.

The window wasn't open yet so of course there wasn't an official offer, but the club have confirmed that a seven figure deal was agreed. I think you're splitting hairs a little - if he hadn't got injured, the deal would have gone through and January would have been very different.

alicante jambo

Patersons strength is going forward.He struggles as a defender.Good luck to him if he goes down south as he will have much better forwards to contend with than the shite he struggles against in this league.Btw we miss his goals big time.

The window wasn't open yet so of course there wasn't an official offer, but the club have confirmed that a seven figure deal was agreed. I think you're splitting hairs a little - if he hadn't got injured, the deal would have gone through and January would have been very different.

Don't think I am splitting hairs mate. I've stayed facts? Had he not gotten injured he was likely to go to West again. It was unfortunate that he did. I pretty much said what you did above.

Unknown user

Don't think I am splitting hairs mate. I've stayed facts? Had he not gotten injured he was likely to go to West again. It was unfortunate that he did. I pretty much said what you did above.

You said we didn't really miss out on a big offer when we did, we missed out on one big enough that it would have financed our January moves

You said we didn't really miss out on a big offer when we did, we missed out on one big enough that it would have financed our January moves

As in we didn't get one because he got injured. It was made out that we'd been silly and not cashed in. My point was we couldn't!! Think you're trying to split hairs mate.

Bob Loblaw

Patersons strength is going forward.He struggles as a defender.

People still perpetuating this myth I see. I think it's been very evident we've missed him just as much defensively as we have in an attacking sense.

alicante jambo

People still perpetuating this myth I see. I think it's been very evident we've missed him just as much defensively as we have in an attacking sense.

Our whole team have been below average.Paterson in the team wouldnt have made much if any difference defensively.You crack on though his defending isnt his strong point.

Our main defence at set pieces

Generally got header in to clear

the big show

Walker still has a year to run on his contract.  Would you sell him now and take what you can for him or would you keep him and hope he signs a new contract?

Do you think he would sign a new contract  ? i have my doubts and if a decent offer was to come in i would take it bearing in it mind he mentions in a recent interview there might be some offers come in for him this summer ... Find it strange him making comment like that if he had any intention if signing a new contract . maybe just coincidence though ..

I'm more interested in players who want to play for Hearts, he can GTF, take any compensation though.

maroonnicky63

Nonsense

A player who's contract was poorly managed . Cost us 7 figures

correct but they wont listen I have tried

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Disappointing he is swapping Scottish football for a smaller nation :whistling:

Do you think he would sign a new contract  ? i have my doubts and if a decent offer was to come in i would take it bearing in it mind he mentions in a recent interview there might be some offers come in for him this summer ... Find it strange him making comment like that if he had any intention if signing a new contract . maybe just coincidence though ..

Aye but if a decent offer didn't come in (as with Paterson) would you keep him or freeze him out?   You cannot make him sign a new contract and if he stays he will be stopping someone else (a youth prospect?) playing.

If you freeze him out you are paying a player for doing nothing.

Now as you are being such a smart arse after the event with Paterson this is your chance to give AB/CL.IC the benefit of your wisdom in advance.  What should they do with Walker?

While you're at it, can you tell us what other youths (as CP was immediately after admin) you would hand 5 year contracts?

the big show

Aye but if a decent offer didn't come in (as with Paterson) would you keep him or freeze him out?   You cannot make him sign a new contract and if he stays he will be stopping someone else (a youth prospect?) playing.

If you freeze him out you are paying a player for doing nothing.

Now as you are being such a smart arse after the event with Paterson this is your chance to give AB/CL.IC the benefit of your wisdom in advance.  What should they do with Walker?

While you're at it, can you tell us what other youths (as CP was immediately after admin) you would hand 5 year contracts?

Woh ... freeze him out , Osh , Rheras , Ozturk , Sammon , Juanma , Anderson , Sowah ,  etc  etc... there is actually more but can you explain to me what we were paying them for siting on the bench or in the stands ? Look you can spin or twist it any way you like but in my opinion CP should have been given the captains armband and a offer he could not refuse or a offer that was in line with our highest earners but was he ? bearing in mind he was our most valuable asset  ? ,  Now ... Walker . so by your way of thinking it's ok for us to spunk out thousands and have plenty others sitting about doing plums yet all of a sudden it is a problem for Walker , huh you not think Walker is severly pissed of because i do .. ffs  A central defender brought in January and yet there he is sitting on the bench aye for how long now while we play aye Prince at centre back .. Add to it a very promising right back in Liam Smith has been been hung out to dry at left back and now for the last 2 games at left wing back .. aye take that to CL OR AB and ask them what is the actual script here .. funnily enough i mentioned last year the balance was all wrong however it's still never been sorted . big question is though WHO IS ACCOUNTABLE after we actually brought in 9 yes that's right 9 players in January ..  CP 5 year contract i would offered him even more given his never say die attitude and winners mentality ,, played for the jersey which is a damn site more that i can say for a big % of them over the last couple of year .

Woh ... freeze him out , Osh , Rheras , Ozturk , Sammon , Juanma , Anderson , Sowah ,  etc  etc... there is actually more but can you explain to me what we were paying them for siting on the bench or in the stands ? Look you can spin or twist it any way you like but in my opinion CP should have been given the captains armband and a offer he could not refuse or a offer that was in line with our highest earners but was he ? bearing in mind he was our most valuable asset  ? ,  Now ... Walker . so by your way of thinking it's ok for us to spunk out thousands and have plenty others sitting about doing plums yet all of a sudden it is a problem for Walker , huh you not think Walker is severly pissed of because i do .. ffs  A central defender brought in January and yet there he is sitting on the bench aye for how long now while we play aye Prince at centre back .. Add to it a very promising right back in Liam Smith has been been hung out to dry at left back and now for the last 2 games at left wing back .. aye take that to CL OR AB and ask them what is the actual script here .. funnily enough i mentioned last year the balance was all wrong however it's still never been sorted . big question is though WHO IS ACCOUNTABLE after we actually brought in 9 yes that's right 9 players in January ..  CP 5 year contract i would offered him even more given his never say die attitude and winners mentality ,, played for the jersey which is a damn site more that i can say for a big % of them over the last couple of year .

Can you tell me where I said it's OK to spunk out thousands and with hindsight you do have a point.  Maybe we should have kept Jason as well.  Is that's what's getting your dander up?

But you still haven't said what you would do in Walker's case especially if we get a derisory offer.  Oh, you also forgot to tell me the names of our current youths that you would give 5 year contracts to so we don't have a recurrence of the Paterson situation.

the big show

Can you tell me where I said it's OK to spunk out thousands and with hindsight you do have a point.  Maybe we should have kept Jason as well.  Is that's what's getting your dander up?

But you still haven't said what you would do in Walker's case especially if we get a derisory offer.  Oh, you also forgot to tell me the names of our current youths that you would give 5 year contracts to so we don't have a recurrence of the Paterson situation.

WHY don't you ask our Dof or coaching staff this are they not in a position to tell you this  ie what youths is worth 5 year deals  ? IN the Walker case i have already said in a earlier post that if he is not going to sign then they should be doing everything possible to get as much as possible and be putting him in the shop window etc etc which they never done with CP..... huh however but you new that ... Who mentioned Jason ? oh aye yourself ffs have a struck a nerve ... oh in hindsight i do have point aye really .... naw lets be honest here you can take it to the bank they have wasted thousands ... don't let the facts get in the road of the smoke screens .... deary me ...

WHY don't you ask our Dof or coaching staff this are they not in a position to tell you this  ie what youths is worth 5 year deals  ? IN the Walker case i have already said in a earlier post that if he is not going to sign then they should be doing everything possible to get as much as possible and be putting him in the shop window etc etc which they never done with CP..... huh however but you new that ... Who mentioned Jason ? oh aye yourself ffs have a struck a nerve ... oh in hindsight i do have point aye really .... naw lets be honest here you can take it to the bank they have wasted thousands ... don't let the facts get in the road of the smoke screens .... deary me ...

Short of a good crystal ball neither our DoF, or anyone else, can tell you which ones are worth a 5 year contract.  Some youths develop quickly to a good standard, some later to an acceptable standard and some not all.  In fact out of every age group you'll be lucky if you get more than diamond but don't let that put you off your negative mission.  Some are kept on when later evidence suggests they shouldn't have and some are freed too quickly.  As an example Jamie Brandon was freed by Rangers but did well today while Currie freed by both arse cheeks is regularly in our squad.

Getting back to Walker you would sell him if he doesn't sign a new contract but to do that you must have a buyer who will pay the price you think he is worth.  If Rangers offered ?100k would you take it or would you refuse it and try to get more in the January window?

the big show

Short of a good crystal ball neither our DoF, or anyone else, can tell you which ones are worth a 5 year contract.  Some youths develop quickly to a good standard, some later to an acceptable standard and some not all.  In fact out of every age group you'll be lucky if you get more than diamond but don't let that put you off your negative mission.  Some are kept on when later evidence suggests they shouldn't have and some are freed too quickly.  As an example Jamie Brandon was freed by Rangers but did well today while Currie freed by both arse cheeks is regularly in our squad.

Getting back to Walker you would sell him if he doesn't sign a new contract but to do that you must have a buyer who will pay the price you think he is worth.  If Rangers offered ?100k would you take it or would you refuse it and try to get more in the January window?

Why would you take 100k when you get more from a development fee or even possibly a lot more in the jan window  ? What i said was i would be putting him in the shop window to " try " and get as much as we possibly could ie talking him up etc etc ... of course you new that as well so why keep asking the same question over and over ? .. LOOK i have said my piece on it and it is not going to change whether you make your wee snide remarks about negative mission or not ... SHORT of a good crystal ball ..  hmmmm   eh more like your a couple bricks short of house . or a couple sanny's short a picnic asking the same thing over and over ...

Paterson has 2 firm offers from championship clubs and interest from others

Rangers may well express an interest but he was previously committed to a move south and I suspect that will remain the case

Watt-Zeefuik

Patersons strength is going forward.He struggles as a defender.Good luck to him if he goes down south as he will have much better forwards to contend with than the shite he struggles against in this league.Btw we miss his goals big time.

It frustrated me to no end that Neilson wouldn't play him as a wingback. In our current back three setup I think Paterson would have been rampant.

Unknown user

As in we didn't get one because he got injured. It was made out that we'd been silly and not cashed in. My point was we couldn't!! Think you're trying to split hairs mate.

Nah I misunderstood your point

i wish jj was my dad

Why would you take 100k when you get more from a development fee or even possibly a lot more in the jan window ? What i said was i would be putting him in the shop window to " try " and get as much as we possibly could ie talking him up etc etc ... of course you new that as well so why keep asking the same question over and over ? .. LOOK i have said my piece on it and it is not going to change whether you make your wee snide remarks about negative mission or not ... SHORT of a good crystal ball .. hmmmm eh more like your a couple bricks short of house . or a couple sanny's short a picnic asking the same thing over and over ...

So following that logic how could we have cashed in on CP when the only concrete bid we received in the summer window was from Wigan and it was pretty much the same as we will actually receive. You are tying yourself in knots to slag off the club.

Why would you take 100k when you get more from a development fee or even possibly a lot more in the jan window  ? What i said was i would be putting him in the shop window to " try " and get as much as we possibly could ie talking him up etc etc ... of course you new that as well so why keep asking the same question over and over ? .. LOOK i have said my piece on it and it is not going to change whether you make your wee snide remarks about negative mission or not ... SHORT of a good crystal ball ..  hmmmm   eh more like your a couple bricks short of house . or a couple sanny's short a picnic asking the same thing over and over ...

How much of a development fee do you think we would get for Walker?

You slagged the club for not getting Paterson on a better contract.  Do you know what efforts they made re this or how hard they may have tried to sell him?  Feel free to answer "Yes" or "No"

When you answer these questions you might get a better idea who is a couple of sannies short of a picnic.

the big show

How much of a development fee do you think we would get for Walker?

You slagged the club for not getting Paterson on a better contract.  Do you know what efforts they made re this or how hard they may have tried to sell him?  Feel free to answer "Yes" or "No"

When you answer these questions you might get a better idea who is a couple of sannies short of a picnic.

:vrwow:

Fxxx the SPFL

Sometimes a story is just that.. a story

I'd be surprised if there were not more stories of just where he will end up.

He made it pretty clear England was his first choice so let's see what happens.

Cardiff's no in engerland lol.

Mr Brightside

Why would you take 100k when you get more from a development fee or even possibly a lot more in the jan window ? What i said was i would be putting him in the shop window to " try " and get as much as we possibly could ie talking him up etc etc ... of course you new that as well so why keep asking the same question over and over ? .. LOOK i have said my piece on it and it is not going to change whether you make your wee snide remarks about negative mission or not ... SHORT of a good crystal ball .. hmmmm eh more like your a couple bricks short of house . or a couple sanny's short a picnic asking the same thing over and over ...

Jamie Walker will be too old at the end of next season for us to get a development fee.

Jamie Walker will be too old at the end of next season for us to get a development fee.

Exactly but No Show would prefer that to ?100k. 

the big show

Exactly but No Show would prefer that to ?100k. 

i think if you look at my earlier post it tells you what they should do and that is to get as much as possible for him . ok we will not get a development fee but it don;t change what i said originally which is still the case and going by what i'm hearing it could happen sooner than a few think ...

i think if you look at my earlier post it tells you what they should do and that is to get as much as possible for him . ok we will not get a development fee but it don;t change what i said originally which is still the case and going by what i'm hearing it could happen sooner than a few think ...

I think it's clear enough in an earlier post that you had not a clue about a development fee and I also asked you what evidence you had that they had not been trying to get as much as possible.  Again you failed miserably.  You're just blethering a lot of nonsense.

Re happening soon, I posted on another thread that I had been told Rangers were his likely destination and I even used them in the example I gave you of a ?100k fee - so I'm not surprised by your scoop.. 

the big show

I think it's clear enough in an earlier post that you had not a clue about a development fee and I also asked you what evidence you had that they had not been trying to get as much as possible.  Again you failed miserably.  You're just blethering a lot of nonsense.

Re happening soon, I posted on another thread that I had been told Rangers were his likely destination and I even used them in the example I gave you of a ?100k fee - so I'm not surprised by your scoop.. 

Can ask you what evidence do you have they have been trying to get as much as possible ? and i'm not asking for your made up examples .. or are you just blethering a lot of rubbish ... ffs is it a competition aye you win your fantastic but your still blethering a lot of rubbish asking the same things over and over .. big deal i made a mistake with the the development fee do you or nobody else make mistakes on here ... what will be will be and a hope Walker stays but it does not look like it .....

Can ask you what evidence do you have they have been trying to get as much as possible ? and i'm not asking for your made up examples .. or are you just blethering a lot of rubbish ... ffs is it a competition aye you win your fantastic but your still blethering a lot of rubbish asking the same things over and over .. big deal i made a mistake with the the development fee do you or nobody else make mistakes on here ... what will be will be and a hope Walker stays but it does not look like it .....

I have virtually no evidence apart from press quotes but I am not the one making accusations I cannot substantiate.  You did not make a mistake re the development fee - that was due to ignorance and an over eager desire to hammer the club.

You still haven't given one name of a youth you would give a 5 year contract to nor say how you know the youth(s) would accept a 5 year contract.

the big show

I have virtually no evidence apart from press quotes but I am not the one making accusations I cannot substantiate.  You did not make a mistake re the development fee - that was due to ignorance and an over eager desire to hammer the club.

You still haven't given one name of a youth you would give a 5 year contract to nor say how you know the youth(s) would accept a 5 year contract.

You have no evidence ... hmmmm well i never . my to desire to hammer the club hmm well if that's the case there must be a hell of a lot people under that category unless of course you have blinkers on like a few others .. 5 year contracts to a youth WTF are you on about ? honestly what are you trying to achieve here ? you talk about blithering rubbish aye will this is just added drivel ...  

sairyinthat

You do realise you are engaging with a fantasist daftie don't you.

the big show

You do realise you are engaging with a fantasist daftie don't you.

:verysmug:  .. A bit rich from you eh .. hmmm if he was engaging with you he would be engaging with a fud and a large one at that but not very useful ... and you can take that to to bank guaranteed  ...

You have no evidence ... hmmmm well i never . my to desire to hammer the club hmm well if that's the case there must be a hell of a lot people under that category unless of course you have blinkers on like a few others .. 5 year contracts to a youth WTF are you on about ? honestly what are you trying to achieve here ? you talk about blithering rubbish aye will this is just added drivel ...  

I didn't say I had no evidence.  I said I had VIRTUALLY no evidence apart from press quotes.

As someone else suggested earlier, the way to tie a player down is to offer 5 year contracts and, while that could have its merits, it can also mean giving contracts to young lads who later simply do not make it - in other words, wasted money.  When you give shorter contracts to youths and they blossom like Paterson then short of holding a gun to his head you can't make him extend his contract if he wants to earn more than we afford or he sees better career opportunities elsewhere.

It seems however that you claim, with no evidence, that club has not done enough.  Give us the benfit of your advice on what they should have done and the club will be grateful.  Incidentally your advice will also help Arsene Wenger (with Alexis) and a few other EPL managers.  You could make yourself a fortune as an adviser

Archived