Welcome back Hibernian

red

Allowayjambo1874

None of my hibs supporting friends wanted us to die. i grant you there are some idiots in the hibs support that have ignorant views just as there would appear to be the same in our own support. I will continue to cheer on my team without the need to call the opposition 'filth', 'vermin' or other derogatory remarks that only serve to mark me out as sub intelligent.

Thanks for the sanctimonious comments Anne, try not to rustle your sweety wrappers next time your at at tynecastle you might upset someone with the noise.

Hibs can do one, their fans tried and tried to put us out of business and constantly make comments about thieves and worse (references to Rix and Thomson) but yeah they are back in the premier league.

FTH

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with the OP. I will be 69 later this month, saw my first hearts match in 1953. In 1966 played with Gorgie Hearts, the then youth team( which probably was the most successful hearts team ever, we also won the Lord Weir Trophy, the original Scottish cup, all the shields and the league) trained twice a week at Tynecastle, with the added benefit of occasionally meeting some of my heroes in the flesh, so I most definitely am not a Hibs supporter. Today you all had a thread with the anecdotes of Donald Ford. A gentleman and a supporter ....not a fan/ atic. During his playing period with Hearts the derby games would have offered some of the most challenging opportunities of his season.Every Hearts player will want those derbies and every real supporter will want the opportunity to be there to support. The added frisson of the possibilities of bragging rights if we win and the keener disappointment of a loss are part and parcel of the "Sport".

In a Sport we love as either players or spectators, we recognise that by shaking hands at the end and look forward to doing again if we have won, or more determined to turn the score around if we have lost. I don't care how a Hibs or any other supporter speaks about Hearts. There is a complexly erroneous belief within this Forum, that anyone can say what they wish, because its an open forum and they are entitled. No your not, or atleast you should be aware that the content if critical and juvenile does no service to Hearts, in anyway way what so ever. Detached critical analysis is different. Emotional knee jerk reaction to a bad result or poor display on the forum is understandable , although the level of immature comment is cringeworthy more often than not, especially when combined with the complete lack of knowledge of what goes on in a senior football club.or what skill level is needed to get anywhere near a Hearts strip. It gives aid and succor to those you state you hate. Very childish behavior and this is especially true of posters near my age. I am amazed that people of your age should continually show such childish idiosyncrasies. Get a backbone.

The OP showed a level of real supporter anticipation, similar to Donald Ford. You congratulate when appropriate and look forward to the next season. The posters within the thread who are fearful of the outcome I despair for you. I do know that you have never played football to any level outside of a schoolboy level or you would understand. Hibs won the Champion league. Congratulations are due.

100% This and Thank You........and correct I am grateful of the "Derby Day anticipation" which is guaranteed next season. Waking up on Derby Day, The feeling walking along the concourse in the wheatfield to take my seat on Derby Day is my favourite part of football and by in large it usually ends well!

It's a sport and I have too much going on in my life with Businesses and Family to agree with Bill Shankly. Football is not life and death for me, it hurts bad when we lose but again it's a sport and they hurtful moments are what make the the joy of days like 19th May even more special..I am a True Hearts Supporter...

Ps....OFHater thanks for your constant criticism of my posts. I am not a hibby but Your name suggests you are a really nice guy :) #chooselife (oh wait is that a Hibs phrase? Can I use this??

Shite post. Can I offer some advice?....

There, their, they're - notice they have the same sound but different spelling and meaning.

They're called homophones, and we're looking at how to remember which one to use by using spelling strategies such as memory tricks, and word-within-a-word,

When we're typing quickly and thinking about the content we sometimes automatically write the first homophone that springs into our minds and that's why we need to always, always proofread and go over our emails and writing to check to see that we haven't used the wrong there, they're, their.

Let's look at there and its usages and common phrases and see how we can remember it

there - Where are they? Over there!

There's the cinema over there.

We can use it with There is / there was

plural version - there are/ there were

We have phrases such as:

Been there done that!

There and then.

There you go!

There you have it!

Let's look at a strategy to help you see if you're using the right word:

Look at the word. Can you see a word within the word that means place just like there?

There's an here in there - here there where nowhere everywhere

So there you have it there - here, where

Let's look at they're

they're is a contraction /short form of they are

They?re happy. They?re Australian. They?re nurses. They're not New Zealanders

The strategy you need to use to see if you're using the right one is to read back your sentences and read they're in the long form as they are and see if it fits.

Is this sentence correct?

They're nurses over they're. (Read it back using the full "they are")

They are nurses over they are. x Oops! The first is right second not.

They're nurse over their. What's wrong with this sentence?

They're nurses over there. ?

Let's look at their which is used for possession and belonging to.

my house, your, house, his house, her house, our house - their house

Their country is in turmoil at the moment.

They have a problem with their house.

The memory trick I use is around the i i = my so my house or their house

It's not my house it's their house.

Which sentence is correct?

1. They're car is brand new.

2. There car is brand new.

3. Their car is brand new.

1. They're car is brand new. x (They are car! x)

2. There car is brand new. x (Here, there car! x)

3. Their car is brand new. ? (My car, no Their car ?)

The OP is suspect, but your post is setting new levels on cringe.

There, their, they're - notice they have the same sound but different spelling and meaning.

They're called homophones, and we're looking at how to remember which one to use by using spelling strategies such as memory tricks, and word-within-a-word,

When we're typing quickly and thinking about the content we sometimes automatically write the first homophone that springs into our minds and that's why we need to always, always proofread and go over our emails and writing to check to see that we haven't used the wrong there, they're, their.

Let's look at there and its usages and common phrases and see how we can remember it

We have phrases such as:

Been there done that!

There and then.

There you go!

There you have it!

Look at the word. Can you see a word within the word that means place just like there?

Let's look at they're

The strategy you need to use to see if you're using the right one is to read back your sentences and read they're in the long form as they are and see if it fits.

Wow did you just write all that?? You have way too much time on your hands! (How's my spelling so far?)

I'm currently in Venice with my Gorgeous Wife, she was sleeping or I would have asked her if my spelling was up to scratch, she's barely awake now so I'll wait a bit before asking her, I'm really sorry to take up so much of your time but thanks for the input...enjoy the game (how was it?)

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Constant? :laugh:

You come on a Hearts website and start a thread for the soul purpose of getting a reaction. I may be a lot of things but one thing's for sure, you're definitely a sad *****. Good day sir.

Thanks for the sanctimonious comments Anne, try not to rustle your sweety wrappers next time your at at tynecastle you might upset someone with the noise.

Hibs can do one, their fans tried and tried to put us out of business and constantly make comments about thieves and worse (references to Rix and Thomson) but yeah they are back in the premier league.

FTH

I'm not sure if you are old enough to remember but we tried to put them out of business in 1990 by buying them. A very ambitious project by Wallace mercer that was far more threatening to their existance than anything they have done to us. Whilst I understand the logic behind that move (creating a force more capable of competing with the old firm) I didn't agree with our approach then and still don't now. Our brush with extinction was of our own making. I think they have much more reason to hate us, than us them.

Constant? :laugh:

You come on a Hearts website and start a thread for the soul purpose of getting a reaction. I may be a lot of things but one thing's for sure, you're definitely a sad *****. Good day sir.

I'll start posting to "not" get a response/reaction in future shall I?

Would you care to tell us your age? I'm 36 btw, first game of memory was the Mark Walters game.

Pleased to meet you, again you sound lovely

Harry Potter

I'm not sure if you are old enough to remember but we tried to put them out of business in 1990 by buying them. A very ambitious project by Wallace mercer that was far more threatening to their existance than anything they have done to us. Whilst I understand the logic behind that move (creating a force more capable of competing with the old firm) I didn't agree with our approach then and still don't now. Our brush with extinction was of our own making. I think they have much more reason to hate us, than us them.

Were we not trying to save them, (well Mr mercer was) they were in a bit of a mess .

Championship winning points -

Hearts 91

Rangers 81

Hibs 71 (with no Hearts or Rangers!!)

Pish poor!!!

Saying that it's not Hibs I want to welcome back - I want to welcome a Hearts team back with a manager and players who know what getting stuck in and winning Derbies is all about!!!

3fingersreid

Welcome back !!!!!!!

Away and throw shite at the moon

I wish the lot of them nothing but ill will in football

3fingersreid

It was a merger and they were still going to have part of their name in the new club

We had , Heart of Midlothian

They had , football club ;)

And perversely that actually saved the buggers from going out of business ,do they ever say thanks?

Boab Mugabe

God, our support is as soft as a bairn's toley.

i hope those scaffs go straight back down and we never play them again.

Hearts007
3fingersreid, on 07 May 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

Welcome back !!!!!!!

Away and throw shite at the moon

I wish the lot of them nothing but ill will in football

This

Section Q

Never forget their "relegation party". I'd have been happy for them to stay down for another ten years but they're back and we have another 4 group A matches to look forward to. I've never hated Hibs but the day they came to watch us go down still rankles...!

gerryjambo41

I just noticed this thread, seriously they can GTF mods ban every single one of these tramp sympathisers!

I'm pleased they are back up as I will be if the Dundee version join them. I want the strongest league as possible with the (by Scotlands standards) best stadiums.

If the the current setup remains i will also look forward to 4 league meetings as we fight it out for the relegation spots. lol

And who asked Mercer to get involved???

Neil Lennon will drive  a bus through the heart of the current dross we have.

Big season for CL/AB coming up. 

Unfortunately I have to agree and just hope that we recruit well in the coming weeks although I have my reservations but we live in hope.

Very, very whiffy in here.

I don't live in Edinburgh so don't have the visceral loathing of Hibs that others have (or the smug satisfaction after a derby win). I also admire the (if genuine) Corinthian spirit of a couple of posters.

But, nah. I'm disappointed they came back up. Another few years against the posties & joiners. Ideally a financial 'event' too. That would have been better.

buzzbomb1958

Just means I'm going to start taking my inoculation's again now I will have to share a stadium with those filthy scumbags,I'd suggest you all do the same there's no amount of diseases you can catch from them

chester copperpot

Glad the derbys are back.

Wishing them congratulations. Get ****ed hibs scum

The most sleekit, lowlife, cockroach of a fanbase there is. Feck them. Hoped they'd stay down indefinitely and deteriorate slowly.

I'm a nice person, honestly, but I've zero tolerance for the Hibby, the 5h1te they talk and the fact that most, perhaps even all, wanted us dead.

Love beating that scuttling lowlife. Only good thing about their promotion is that we'll have regular opportunity to do that now.

And who asked Mercer to get involved???

Put yourself in their shoes... imagine when things were going tits up under Vlad, rod petrie and Tom farmer had come in to save the club..... not sure we would be over the moon....

MacDonald Jardine

Maybe they have reason but hate us they do.

And our response should be to wish them all the best?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fitzroy Pointon

Welcome back? To the team and fans that tried their best to put us out of business and to stick the boot in when we were heading down only to conjure up the biggest **** up of recent times and get themselves relegated in process. Nah you're fine.

**** them. I hoped they would die.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hearts007
Nelly Terraces, on 07 May 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Horrible *******s. Hope they go down immediately.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were in the mix for that

Gorgi1874

No I'm not a Hobo, but I for one am delighted there back in our league(I have enjoyed there pain tho) Bring on the Derby 4+ times a season and 2+ in front of 20k fans louder than ever(or a long long time) at Tynecastle Park!

Bring on a new Hearts hopefully with our young manager with his own fresh ideas, full pre season behind him with new youngsters hopefully and a few new experienced signings

Bring it on!!

Didn't renew last season due to work but will be this year #bigteam #5-1

I said ages ago that I was looking forward to them coming up as I missed Derby days and got destroyed for it lol so good luck to you. I'm genuinely worried about it now though given our last performance against them,we were owned on the field and the terraces. One of the worst days of my life, to make it worse the bus on the way home was full of Hobos. Seriously need to up our game (including vocal support) if we're to compete with them next season. Forgive me for being negative but I can't see progression under Cathro. Some decent signings over the summer and the chance to gel whilst the Europa fixtures are going ahead may be just the ticket. Anyways FTH, bring it on and bring on the sheep today. HHGH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaap's Sigh

Wow did you just write all that?? You have way too much time on your hands! (How's my spelling so far?)

I'm currently in Venice with my Gorgeous Wife, she was sleeping or I would have asked her if my spelling was up to scratch, she's barely awake now so I'll wait a bit before asking her, I'm really sorry to take up so much of your time but thanks for the input...enjoy the game (how was it?)

Don't worry yourself. It was a very quick copy and paste from a website (I try not to spend too much of my precious time on vermin). Enjoy the rest of your holiday with your sister.

Put yourself in their shoes... imagine when things were going tits up under Vlad, rod petrie and Tom farmer had come in to save the club..... not sure we would be over the moon....

And did we go crawling to any Hibees in our time of need like? Did we hell.

You're at it and I wouldn't be surprised if you were at their party yesterday.

Ffs.

:D

Nookie Bear

We have phrases such as:

Been there done that!

There and then.

There you go!

There you have it!

Let's look at they're

Jeez...get a life.

chester copperpot

Don't worry yourself. It was a very quick copy and paste from a website (I try not to spend too much of my precious time on vermin). Enjoy the rest of your holiday with your sister.

:lol:

Hector Riva

Hope you fcuk back off 

Great post  :2thumbsup:  This ^^^^^^

portobellojambo1

I think you have history just a tad mixed up mca. We didn't try to put them out of business on the back of a very ambitious project instigated by Wallace Mercer. Truth is their own directors tried to put them out of business by convincing Wallace Mercer to shell out cash for their club, not to benefit Hibernian or HMFC, but to financially benefit those Hibs directors who had run their club into the ground.

Red is entitled to his viewpoint, though I am not of the same feeling. I have always found the derby games, with a few obvious exceptions, to be pretty boring games, in which both teams have looked more intent on not losing than winning, so I've not missed those games over the last few years. And although I accept it wasn't all Hibs fans a number of them were looking hopefully at putting us out of business when we entered administration, and I'm afraid I cannot forget that. While a number of Hearts fans rallied round in 1990 to support their fight to stay in business a number of their fans adopted the approach that busting us would be the best approach to take, not something which can or should be easily forgotten.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

:laugh:

In Venice and his beautiful wife is half asleep. More like half drugged and in a caravan.

chester copperpot

:laugh:

In Venice and his beautiful wife is half asleep. More like half drugged and in a caravan.

:rofl:

Sitting here chuckling away on my phone.

MacDonald Jardine

I think you have history just a tad mixed up mca. We didn't try to put them out of business on the back of a very ambitious project instigated by Wallace Mercer. Truth is their own directors tried to put them out of business by convincing Wallace Mercer to shell out cash for their club, not to benefit Hibernian or HMFC, but to financially benefit those Hibs directors who had run their club into the ground.

Red is entitled to his viewpoint, though I am not of the same feeling. I have always found the derby games, with a few obvious exceptions, to be pretty boring games, in which both teams have looked more intent on not losing than winning, so I've not missed those games over the last few years. And although I accept it wasn't all Hibs fans a number of them were looking hopefully at putting us out of business when we entered administration, and I'm afraid I cannot forget that. While a number of Hearts fans rallied round in 1990 to support their fight to stay in business a number of their fans adopted the approach that busting us would be the best approach to take, not something which can or should be easily forgotten.

What happened in 1990 is now the subject of absolute myth.

I didn't want the deal to go ahead. although wasn't bothered enough to actually do anything about it.

I was very much in the minority though. In my experience most Hearts fans at best thought it was hilarious.

maroonlegions

FTH .

They wanted us DEAD, that will never be forgotten and should be rammed down their throats. 

They have had their moment (2 cups in 12 months)but enough is enough!!

Its time to remind them that WE are still the big team & knock them back down to earth

A good thrashing at the next derby to exact our revenge on handing them the cup last year..

Provided we get a decent team of course..

EreWeG0..

Three years, Celtic 'b' team, emergency loans. Stunning achievement.

If the OP is not hibs, he is scared of them. let's be friends.....:vrface:

:fth: Now..

:fth: Then..

:fth: Always.

Inbred Scum.

Scum club supported by Scum.

This.

Hibernian FC can lick my shitty hoop.

Vermin.

You are definitely at it. First you open up with a post deliberately designed to annoy people on JKB then you start giving it the big time Charlie  with your bragging about being too busy to take football that seriously because of your business's and family then its you and your beautiful wife on holiday in Venice. You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and just posted LOOK AT ME  LOOK AT ME.

Still you have managed one thing. You have united the vast majority of JKB posters in there loathing of HI BEE interlopers.

Unknown user

It's one thing to look forward to a derby, but "Welcome back Hibernian"? **** off!!

Archived