Welcome back Hibernian

red

No I'm not a Hobo, but I for one am delighted there back in our league(I have enjoyed there pain tho) Bring on the Derby 4+ times a season and 2+ in front of 20k fans louder than ever(or a long long time) at Tynecastle Park!

Bring on a new Hearts hopefully with our young manager with his own fresh ideas, full pre season behind him with new youngsters hopefully and a few new experienced signings

Bring it on!!

Didn't renew last season due to work but will be this year #bigteam #5-1

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes you think they'll make top 6? Not like they have a good record in that regard.

niblick1874

?

I think what he is saying is get to **** and I am right there with him.

FTH scum. They are scum. always were and always will be.

?Well done? **** them. Scum.

Have a word.

Say What Again

I'll prob be accused of being a hobo too.

I'm also glad they're back. Second best footballing team by a mile, a sought after manager, CumDog (no the lassie that won the lottery) banging them in.

The noise from the fans too. Probably the loudest fans in Europe if not the solar system . Hate to say it but it's unbeatable. Galatasay fans to this day reference the Hibs v Dumbarton game.

Glad they're back. It's about time someone properly challenged Celtic.

Just hope they don't pump us too much. Well need time to adjust to their brilliance.

No I'm not a Hobo, but I for one am delighted there back in our league(I have enjoyed there pain tho) Bring on the Derby 4+ times a season and 2+ in front of 20k fans louder than ever(or a long long time) at Tynecastle Park!

Bring on a new Hearts hopefully with our young manager with his own fresh ideas, full pre season behind him with new youngsters hopefully and a few new experienced signings

Bring it on!!

awful

Bit of a weird one. I despise them with a passion but I love playing them BUT I just cannot see us competing with them with this lot at the helm, this overthinking principles of play and all the other bullshit that goes with it, has me, for the first time in my existence, dreading the Edinburgh Derby, had some of the best times of my life before and after this fixture but i could really do without it now. Zero confidence.

Brave, positive thread......hearts have had three yearz generally winning since the historic cup final 2012.... Hibs at this are not great, but probably could beat hearts 4 out of 5 times

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Red started a thread or said something about a month ago that was equally suspicious. No doubt in my mind you're a Hibs *****.

Bit of a weird one. I despise them with a passion but I love playing them BUT I just cannot see us competing with them with this lot at the helm, this overthinking principles of play and all the other bullshit that goes with it, has me, for the first time in my existence, dreading the Edinburgh Derby, had some of the best times of my life before and after this fixture but i could really do without it now. Zero confidence.

Neil Lennon will drive  a bus through the heart of the current dross we have.

Big season for CL/AB coming up. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Brave, positive thread......hearts have had three yearz generally winning since the historic cup final 2012.... Hibs at this are not great, but probably could beat hearts 4 out of 5 times

Sniff!

LTHC

maroondevo52

I don't give a jot and wouldn't welcome them anywhere. 

georgiehearts66

Totally agree with the OP. I will be 69 later this month, saw my first hearts match in 1953. In 1966 played with Gorgie Hearts, the then youth team( which probably was the most successful hearts team ever, we also won the Lord Weir Trophy, the original Scottish cup, all the shields and the league) trained twice a week at Tynecastle, with the added benefit of occasionally meeting some of my heroes in the flesh, so I most definitely am not a Hibs supporter. Today you all had a thread with the anecdotes of Donald Ford. A gentleman and a supporter ....not a fan/ atic. During his playing period with Hearts the derby games would have offered some of the most challenging opportunities of his season.Every Hearts player will want those derbies and every real supporter will want the opportunity to be there to support. The added frisson of the possibilities of bragging rights if we win and the keener disappointment of a loss are part and parcel of the "Sport".

In a Sport we love as either players or spectators, we recognise that by shaking hands at the end and look forward to doing again if we have won, or more determined to turn the score around if we have lost. I don't care how a Hibs or any other supporter speaks about Hearts. There is a complexly erroneous belief within this Forum, that anyone can say what they wish, because its an open forum and they are entitled. No your not, or atleast you should be aware that the content if critical and juvenile does no service to Hearts, in anyway way what so ever. Detached critical analysis is different. Emotional knee jerk reaction to a bad result or poor display on the forum is understandable , although the level of immature comment is cringeworthy more often than not, especially when combined with the complete lack of knowledge of what goes on in a senior football club.or what skill level is needed to get anywhere near a Hearts strip. It gives aid and succor to those you state you hate. Very childish behavior and this is especially true of posters near my age. I am amazed that people of your age should continually show such childish idiosyncrasies. Get a backbone.

The OP showed a level of real supporter anticipation, similar to Donald Ford. You congratulate when appropriate and look forward to the next season. The posters within the thread who are fearful of the outcome I despair for you. I do know that you have never played football to any level outside of a schoolboy level or you would understand. Hibs won the Champion league. Congratulations are due.

J.T.F.Robertson

Totally agree with the OP. I will be 69 later this month, saw my first hearts match in 1953. In 1966 played with Gorgie Hearts, the then youth team( which probably was the most successful hearts team ever, we also won the Lord Weir Trophy, the original Scottish cup, all the shields and the league) trained twice a week at Tynecastle, with the added benefit of occasionally meeting some of my heroes in the flesh, so I most definitely am not a Hibs supporter. Today you all had a thread with the anecdotes of Donald Ford. A gentleman and a supporter ....not a fan/ atic. During his playing period with Hearts the derby games would have offered some of the most challenging opportunities of his season.Every Hearts player will want those derbies and every real supporter will want the opportunity to be there to support. The added frisson of the possibilities of bragging rights if we win and the keener disappointment of a loss are part and parcel of the "Sport".

In a Sport we love as either players or spectators, we recognise that by shaking hands at the end and look forward to doing again if we have won, or more determined to turn the score around if we have lost. I don't care how a Hibs or any other supporter speaks about Hearts. There is a complexly erroneous belief within this Forum, that anyone can say what they wish, because its an open forum and they are entitled. No your not, or atleast you should be aware that the content if critical and juvenile does no service to Hearts, in anyway way what so ever. Detached critical analysis is different. Emotional knee jerk reaction to a bad result or poor display on the forum is understandable , although the level of immature comment is cringeworthy more often than not, especially when combined with the complete lack of knowledge of what goes on in a senior football club.or what skill level is needed to get anywhere near a Hearts strip. It gives aid and succor to those you state you hate. Very childish behavior and this is especially true of posters near my age. I am amazed that people of your age should continually show such childish idiosyncrasies. Get a backbone.

The OP showed a level of real supporter anticipation, similar to Donald Ford. You congratulate when appropriate and look forward to the next season. The posters within the thread who are fearful of the outcome I despair for you. I do know that you have never played football to any level outside of a schoolboy level or you would understand. Hibs won the Champion league. Congratulations are due.

Your "gives aid and succor" observation is certainly true, not so sure about the "congratulations are due" bit, though.

Never have I had such a desire to smash them so much. **** the Hibs and everything they stand for. ****ing ****s.

Neilson's Shank

I hoped that they would stay in the Championship and wither, but hey-ho each to their own.

jamtartan74

Pish pish woooooooo pish pish wooooooooo pish pish woooooooooo ****ed u 5-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamtartan74

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] welcome back my arse, normal service resumed next season.

I'm not going to "welcome" them but I certainly prefer the potential of 4 sell out cracking atmospheres against them than the likes of Inverness or Hamilton.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pants Shaton

I was hoping for back to back relegations and liquidation but good to get derbies back I suppose.

Bowmans_Boot

The derby is one of my favourite games of the season but since their actions when we went into admin I had hoped and prayed for worse to happen to them.

So no, no "Welcome Back" from me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I've said before that we need a big kick up the arse. Maybe having Hibs back on the scene will help because at the moment we're drifting into the bottom half of the table and no one at the club seems to give a ****.

letsalldothebeattie

Welcome back Hibernian? Nope

Bowmans_Boot

I've said before that we need a big kick up the arse. Maybe having Hibs back on the scene will help because at the moment we're drifting into the bottom half of the table and no one at the club seems to give a ****.

Why will this help? Derby days are great days for all with a great atmosphere. If we lose then sure, we feel a bit down for a short time but we still all enjoyed the day, atmosphere and the club made lots of money.

Dagger Is Back

The soft underbelly of some within us. Welcome back? Err no thanks. Their promotion is simply another reason to rank this season as awful. Their cup win last season was also hard to take.

Still if we win all will be jolly. If we lose I'm sure we'll all enjoy the day out.

Now that they're back up after 3 years of pain, they'll get their usual Gorgie welcome from me.

This. Let's face it hibs did well this season and deserve to be promoted. Some of the posting on here about hibs is unbelievably childish. In my mind we are rivals, and yes I enjoy a bit of their misfortune now and again, but equally recognise when they do well. I am looking forward to having the derby match back, and for those who fear it, it's up to us to get our house in order and rise to the challenge.

I have never understood some of the 'vermin' comments and those who want hibs to fold. Do you really want no major rivals to play against, really? I'm sure we can show a bit more class than that. Besides, I have great friends who support hibs and they are good people who support their club just like us.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I'm not going to "welcome" them but I certainly prefer the potential of 4 sell out cracking atmospheres against them than the likes of Inverness or Hamilton.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This for me as well.

You can't "smash them" unless you play them.

Allowayjambo1874

Not from me, despise them.

People have very short memories.

This. Let's face it hibs did well this season and deserve to be promoted. Some of the posting on here about hibs is unbelievably childish. In my mind we are rivals, and yes I enjoy a bit of their misfortune now and again, but equally recognise when they do well. I am looking forward to having the derby match back, and for those who fear it, it's up to us to get our house in order and rise to the challenge.

I have never understood some of the 'vermin' comments and those who want hibs to fold. Do you really want no major rivals to play against, really? I'm sure we can show a bit more class than that. Besides, I have great friends who support hibs and they are good people who support their club just like us.

So, it was ok for them to want us to 'die', many of whom even tried to prompt it? Away and have a ****ing word.

Bet you wanted them to win the Scottish Cup because your friends are 'good people'.

No wonder our fanbase has gone so bloody soft.

At least three with a bit of whiff and it's only the first page.

Anyhoo, IBTL.

I don't like the 'vermin ' comments either and as an older supporter who remembers the days when Hearts/Hibs was a friendly rivalry I should really be agreeing with you and gorgie 66.

Not a chance of that nowadays.They wanted us dead and some even tried to interfere in the CVA process which could have had dire consequences for us.

So with all that in mind I welcome them back by saying FTH.

So, it was ok for them to want us to 'die', many of whom even tried to prompt it? Away and have a ****ing word.

Bet you wanted them to win the Scottish Cup because your friends are 'good people'.

No wonder our fanbase has gone so bloody soft.

None of my hibs supporting friends wanted us to die. i grant you there are some idiots in the hibs support that have ignorant views just as there would appear to be the same in our own support. I will continue to cheer on my team without the need to call the opposition 'filth', 'vermin' or other derogatory remarks that only serve to mark me out as sub intelligent.

None of my hibs supporting friends wanted us to die. i grant you there are some idiots in the hibs support that have ignorant views just as there would appear to be the same in our own support. I will continue to cheer on my team without the need to call the opposition 'filth', 'vermin' or other derogatory remarks that only serve to mark me out as sub intelligent.

No, I don't like the 'vermin', 'HIVs' etc tags either however I know plenty Hibs fans, folk I have banter with and trust me, they wanted us gone. I didn't mind Hibs before our woes (always hated Celtic and Aberdeen more) but I was hoping they'd rot for far longer than 3 years.

Jaap's Sigh

Bring it on!!

Shite post. Can I offer some advice?....

There, their, they're - notice they have the same sound but different spelling and meaning.

They're called homophones, and we're looking at how to remember which one to use by using spelling strategies such as memory tricks, and word-within-a-word,

When we're typing quickly and thinking about the content we sometimes automatically write the first homophone that springs into our minds and that's why we need to always, always proofread and go over our emails and writing to check to see that we haven't used the wrong there, they're, their.

Let's look at there and its usages and common phrases and see how we can remember it

there - Where are they? Over there!

There's the cinema over there.

We can use it with There is / there was

plural version - there are/ there were

We have phrases such as:

Been there done that!

There and then.

There you go!

There you have it!

Let's look at a strategy to help you see if you're using the right word:

Look at the word. Can you see a word within the word that means place just like there?

There's an here in there - here there where nowhere everywhere

So there you have it there - here, where

Let's look at they're

they're is a contraction /short form of they are

They?re happy. They?re Australian. They?re nurses. They're not New Zealanders

The strategy you need to use to see if you're using the right one is to read back your sentences and read they're in the long form as they are and see if it fits.

Is this sentence correct?

They're nurses over they're. (Read it back using the full "they are")

They are nurses over they are. x Oops! The first is right second not.

They're nurse over their. What's wrong with this sentence?

They're nurses over there. ?

Let's look at their which is used for possession and belonging to.

my house, your, house, his house, her house, our house - their house

Their country is in turmoil at the moment.

They have a problem with their house.

The memory trick I use is around the i i = my so my house or their house

It's not my house it's their house.

Which sentence is correct?

1. They're car is brand new.

2. There car is brand new.

3. Their car is brand new.

1. They're car is brand new. x (They are car! x)

2. There car is brand new. x (Here, there car! x)

3. Their car is brand new. ? (My car, no Their car ?)

Let's face it, there's no better feeling then a derby win. The week running up to the game, pre match excitement and post match celebrations. Then the bragging rights that last till the next meeting.

If we hadn't been so utterly rank this past 6 months, I bet most fans would be looking forward the derby being back 3/4 times next year.

What other games is there to get that buzz from? Getting the customary scudding from Celtic? Or the usual shitfest of a game v the dons?

Nah, derby for me and I'm happy it's back.

Archived