General Election

Don Dan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rudd could be the next Tory leader.

Good shout. She doesn't take many prisoners or suffers fools gladly.

John Gentleman

A poisoned chalice?

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To lose their majority and Home Secretary in the same night would be too superb.

Bad luck.

She's far more sure/strong/stable than Theresa May, that's for sure.

Geoff Kilpatrick

DUP setting out terms for soft Brexit as price of support for the Tories.

Who knew the DUPpers would ensure an invisible Irish border? :laugh:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Farage could do a Salmond part 1 at this rate as "keeper of the flame" as a soft Brexit is going to mean a fudge on immigration.

Meantime, I'm quids in, literally! :jjyay:

Who knew the DUPpers would ensure an invisible Irish border? :laugh:

Loyalty to the crown, and to the half crown. ;)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Loyalty to the crown, and to the half crown. ;)

Shocked you'd suggest such a thing about those who want silent collections in church!

Shocked you'd suggest such a thing about those who want silent collections in church!

Oh, they have much business with us and they make so much money from it.

643 seats will be occupied (no Sinn F?in MPs present).  Tories will have 318 according to the estimates, with Labour on 262.

Labour can't form a government.  The Tories can, IMO, with some level of acquiescence from the DUP.

All we need to work out now is who will be the PM. 

0906-MATT-GALLERY-WEB-Voters-large_trans

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Genuinely perplexed by people voting Tory north of the border.

Utterly bizzare.

SwindonJambo

And I think she will be. Far preferable to Boris. Not that I''ll ever vote Tory but I'm kind of glad she's available for selection. None of the other possibilities are very palatable at all!

The DUP will be licking their lips and gleefully writing their shopping lists as we speak.

What a fascinating mess.

EwanHearts

Utterly bizzare.

How can you have social justice without the supplement provided by the Union? The SNP would bankrupt Scotland.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Utterly bizzare.

I think it is more the other name after the ampersand in their name that has driven their vote.

SwindonJambo

Utterly bizzare.

Democracy in action. I'm sure they had their reasons and it's their business only. Maybe they didn't like any of the alternatives. I've never voted for them personally and never will. I have family members who do though and they're perfectly decent folks.

EwanHearts

I think it is more the other name after the ampersand in their name that has driven their vote.

Do you think there will ever be a united Ireland?

Jam Tarts 1874

Big GIRUY for the Einsteins one here who were pontificating on the end of the Labour Party.

Well done Jeremy for your campaign and for maintaining your dignity in the face of the scandalous personal attacks and lies.

Francis Albert

43 years ago Ted Heath called an early election on a "who governs Britain?" agenda in an attempt to take advantage of dislike of militant trade unionists. The electorate responded with the answer "not you" and he lost his majority. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it ... and so on.

The Mighty Thor

So the future direction of the UK comes down to half a dozen MP'S mired in the seventeenth century?

You couldn't write it.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Francis Albert

The Top 5 are on the front screen. Plus they should change the winning post as the Shinners don't count.

But when the outcome is forecast as it is the composition of the 18 "others" in the forecast outcome is pretty significant (in fact crucial) . And still the BBC forecast outcome doesn't show that breakdown. Once I was redirected to the Independent page, that significance was brought home within minutes.

The dream of an independent Scotland now hangs in tatters. Bad night for Nationalism , good night for Scotland.

John Gentleman

Coin toss to decide North East Fife?

It's an odd one. At the last election the SNP and Libdems (between them) got 72% of the vote. The Tories were a long way behind at 16%.

If the SNP were to spill a large number of votes, logic would suggest the Libdems would be the major beneficiaries.

But we live in interesting times.....

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not for 30 years at least.

Geoff Kilpatrick

But when the outcome is forecast as it is the composition of the 18 "others" in the forecast outcome is pretty significant (in fact crucial) . And still the BBC forecast outcome doesn't show that breakdown. Once I was redirected to the Independent page, that significance was brought home within minutes.

Is Points of View still a thing? Write in to complain.

hughesie27

2 votes in it in Fife North East  :lol:

SNP hold. joint shortest majority ever.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Big GIRUY for the Einsteins one here who were pontificating on the end of the Labour Party.

Well done Jeremy for your campaign and for maintaining your dignity in the face of the scandalous personal attacks and lies.

To be fair, if you saw this coming than hats off to you.

It's hard to quantify the effect of the quality of Corbyn's wishlist versus the shiteness of May's efforts. I tend towards the latter.

Geoff Kilpatrick

One by-product of this is that I hope voters in Northern Ireland finally get the stupidity of voting Shinners into Westminster. Abstentionism achieves nothing.

Francis Albert

One by-product of this is that I hope voters in Northern Ireland finally get the stupidity of voting Shinners into Westminster. Abstentionism achieves nothing.

Why not write to the "Shinners" to explain this to them?

hughesie27

Think the SNP are going to gradually get chipped away over the next 2 or 3 elections.

Scotland isn't big enough to support 2 left field parties and if we want to get rid of the Tories then Labour seats in Scotland are the only thing that can fight that.

indianajones

Why? Please explain.

Are you still beelin?

I don't need to explain why. It's blatantly obvious.

We are lucky Labour did so well to result in a hung parliament. Fact is the tories have fooled many naive Scots in making them think that this election was about a single issue. Stopping Indy2.

If you voted for them then go find your dunce hat. You've been fooled.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

King prawn

Who is likely to take over from May if she steps down?

Amber Rudd perhaps?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why not write to the "Shinners" to explain this to them?

It's not the "Shinners" anyone would write to. It's the electorate, stupid.

Francis Albert

We are lucky Labour did so well to result in a hung parliament. Fact is the tories have fooled many naive Scots in making them think that this election was about a single issue. Stopping Indy2.

If the Tory voters intention was to stop Indyref2 they seem to have got what they wanted rather than being "fooled". It seems to be the thing now to accuse those who disagree with you as being "dunces". 

kingantti1874

I think most people have realised that the SNP have failed spectacularly at the day job.. The push for indy 2 has shown them for what they really are..

kingantti1874

If the Tory voters intention was to stop Indyref2 they seem to have got what they wanted rather than being "fooled". It seems to be the thing now to accuse those who disagree with you as being "dunces".

Noring just Tory voters, Labour and lib dems as well.. 63% of the total vote.. Hopefully replicated in Edinburgh next

Ron Burgundy

Has Wee Krankie commented yet ?

She said it was a great result for them. She's bat-shit mental.

Francis Albert

It's not the "Shinners" anyone would write to. It's the electorate, stupid.

OK. Your point is the electorate are stupid. An increasingly common view when they don't do what you want them to do.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Salmond gone.

Weird how the Tories have lost whilst destroying the SNP

Rudolf's Mate

Will we ever see a united Scotland!

Wee Crankie...Nippy...

Words associated with morons.

Archived