Time For a Statement From The Club

Des' Dad

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Are we going bust?

Are we going to be relegated?

Are we unable to pay wages?

We are fifth in the league after a shite transition from a change in managers.

Shit happens.

Genuinely only stupid wee spoilt bairns should expect a statement.

A statement about what? What do the entitled think any statement will say?

It would say -

Form disappointing

Change in manager part of problem

Taken a risk with Cathro

We always said it might take time

We are going to give Cathro time

Stick with the club

Buy season tickets - it's important for us and the team

Then all the snowflakes go off on one again because although they got the statement they demanded it didn't say what they wanted it to...

You need to wake up. We've been tossing is off on the football side for at least 18 months now.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Treasurer

Don Cowie is the latest to come out and say how we all need to stick together how Dundee is a massive game etc etc.

Or words to that effect as my eyes glazed over after the first paragraph.

So Don Cowie has "made a statement" in reference to our current situation.

That should keep most posters on this thread happy, shouldn't it ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Don Cowie is the latest to come out and say how we all need to stick together how Dundee is a massive game etc etc.

Or words to that effect as my eyes glazed over after the first paragraph.

:rofl:

Not half. I read the first few words and then thought "wotevs"

Gimme an H...

Are we going bust?

Are we going to be relegated?

Are we unable to pay wages?

We are fifth in the league after a shite transition from a change in managers.

Shit happens.

Genuinely only stupid wee spoilt bairns should expect a statement.

A statement about what? What do the entitled think any statement will say?

It would say -

Form disappointing

Change in manager part of problem

Taken a risk with Cathro

We always said it might take time

We are going to give Cathro time

Stick with the club

Buy season tickets - it's important for us and the team

Then all the snowflakes go off on one again because although they got the statement they demanded it didn't say what they wanted it to...

This.

Folk need to give themselves a good shake. Despite the trawls of threads titled 'XXX worst in living memory', this is NOT the worst by any stretch of the imagination. The worst team/squad since the Championship season, yes.

Levein/Murray have to take the blame for that. They have provided the majority of the signings (Hughes and Goncalves the exceptions). But they are not going to quit or walk away are they? We can hope that they learn from this season and realise that the signing policy isn't working and we need to sign tried and tested (in British leagues) players. There are many available. Look at Aberdeen signing Tansey from Inverness, that is what our signing policy should be.

john brownlee

Some of the crap on here is unbelievable, buy a programme. Mrs Budge makes a statement in every match day programme.

Do you just skip the words and look at the pictures. IT defo sounds like that with some of the comments on here.

Even when someone (allied to the club)made a statement on here a few days ago, they were ripped to shreds. You can't have it both ways.

I'll be there tomorrow, supporting the mighty JTs and reading the owners statement in the match day programme. no matter who's in charge . Coooooooomoan the might JTs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

john brownlee, on 07 Apr 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

Some of the crap on here is unbelievable, buy a programme. Mrs Budge makes a statement in every match day programme.

Do you just skip the words and look at the pictures. IT defo sounds like that with some of the comments on here.

Even when someone (allied to the club)made a statement on here a few days ago, they were ripped to shreds. You can't have it both ways.

I'll be there tomorrow, supporting the mighty JTs and reading the owners statement in the match day programme. no matter who's in charge . Coooooooomoan the might JTs

:2thumbsup:

Cathro is already an outsider in football.  His chances of ever getting another manager's job are extremely low already.  I don't think he would further jeopardise his future by legal action.

Perhaps Levein is a different matter though.  Might be his last job in football. 

We can live in hope re your last sentence.

OmiyaHearts

I'm very unhappy about the current situation but a statement will not help at all. 

Are the board supposed to do this every time we hit a bad run of form? Silly idea.

joondalupjambo

Mrs Budge makes a statement in every match day programme.

Good point but not everyone buys a programme however to back your point up are any key match day comments not on the club website as general information?  Not sure because I don't buy a programme but do read the club news pages.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I doubt the players want to speak to the press to be honest.

If you don't realise it is part of the job fair enough, but they have to say something and there really is absolutely nothing else in this situation they can say.

If you are going to lose your shit or maybe just a little fed up as I am. Just don't read it.

I actually thought Cowie offers a wee bit of insight. The difference in several football culture coming together key. Shows how mental the January window was

I'm very unhappy about the current situation but a statement will not help at all. 

Are the board supposed to do this every time we hit a bad run of form? Silly idea.

It's all very well after every game listening to IC apologising and stating that everyone is working hard to remedy the situation. We need to hear from the people at the top of the club admitting that they were wrong with some of the players they let go and, more importantly, some they brought in, what they are doing to improve results and what the plans are for the future. I would also like to hear whether they believe the structure at the club is suitable for Scottish football. OK, a statement in itself will not turn things around but, as fans who turn up and pay our money every week and who are also investing in the long-term financial stability of HMFC, we are entitled to an explanation about how and why this dramatic collapse of confidence leading to very poor results has come about and what is being done to get us back on track.

The Treasurer

It's all very well after every game listening to IC apologising and stating that everyone is working hard to remedy the situation. We need to hear from the people at the top of the club admitting that they were wrong with some of the players they let go and, more importantly, some they brought in, what they are doing to improve results and what the plans are for the future. I would also like to hear whether they believe the structure at the club is suitable for Scottish football. OK, a statement in itself will not turn things around but, as fans who turn up and pay our money every week and who are also investing in the long-term financial stability of HMFC, we are entitled to an explanation about how and why this dramatic collapse of confidence leading to very poor results has come about and what is being done to get us back on track.

I'm sure the club would be first to admit some/most of the players they brought in have not performed as well as hoped, don't see what putting out a statement to that effect would achieve.

The only one's they "let go" were Sammon and Watt and I don't think losing either of them has had much impact on recent results.

As for explaining "how and why" this has happened, if anyone knew the answer to that do you not think they would act on it, and I don't mean by issuing statements

So, you don't want to know what the football department believes is the cause of our recent results?

You don't want to know if they have put any plans in place to remedy the situation?

You don't want to know what the plans are for changes to the playing squad in the close season?

You don't want to know if the coaching staff has the full backing of the board?

Well, good for you, but I think a lot of people have invested a lot of money into saving the club and these people, myself included, would like some answers. If a statement is forthcoming I take it you won't be interested in reading it?

Obviously the coaching/management side of the club including Levein ,in what i know, believe in what they are doing. Ann Budge has put all her eggs in one basket that being Craig Levein's judgement. Now that results and signings of players has went from bad to worse where does Ann Budge turn. Who is going to confirm, probably what she already knows, that this situation with the team can't go on for the sake of the club. Even if we get a result against a very poor Dundee team on saturday i'd hope Ann stops the rot and removes the problem and employs people that can take this team forward and unites the fans that so deserve the best.

The Treasurer

Obviously the coaching/management side of the club including Levein ,in what i know, believe in what they are doing. Ann Budge has put all her eggs in one basket that being Craig Levein's judgement. Now that results and signings of players has went from bad to worse where does Ann Budge turn. Who is going to confirm, probably what she already knows, that this situation with the team can't go on for the sake of the club. Even if we get a result against a very poor Dundee team on saturday i'd hope Ann stops the rot and removes the problem and employs people that can take this team forward and unites the fans that so deserve the best.

What people do you suggest she employs ?

You want a press statement?

Just imagine the meltdown on here if the club issued a press statement saying that 3-year deals had been agreed with Struna, Sowah, Avlonitis and Tsiolis

OmiyaHearts

I think it's clear that many of the players brought in have been poor. Issuing a statement from the board confirming it, while the players are still contracted, would be very unhelpful to the current situation. There would be no benefit to anyone.

We are not entitled to any explanation about this collapse. It's clear what has happened and what / who is to blame. Having the board confirm it won't help anyone at the club.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

People don't want a statement because we're shite. They're wanting to have explained to them why we are persisting with having a someone in a head coaching role that's clearly not capable of doing their job.

That's not unreasonable.

rudi must stay

"He's doing well and has our full support", those are dreaded words for our media and wouldn't help Cathro in the slightest. Best thing to do is say nothing

I think it's clear that many of the players brought in have been poor. Issuing a statement from the board confirming it, while the players are still contracted, would be very unhelpful to the current situation. There would be no benefit to anyone.

We are not entitled to any explanation about this collapse. It's clear what has happened and what / who is to blame. Having the board confirm it won't help anyone at the club.

Are you really serious about the comment I highlighted?

When you have regular sell-out attendances with crowds of 16k+ and around 8k+ fans donating money every month to help the club to progress then you are entitled to an explanation.

I am sure if this vein of form continues and no statements or comments are forthcoming then it will be intersting to see how the attendances go for the remainder of the season and for the season ticket sales.

We have about an extra 3k of seats to fill next season remember. I am sure AB will be more than aware of this fact.

The Treasurer

When you have regular sell-out attendances with crowds of 16k+ and around 8k+ fans donating money every month to help the club to progress then you are entitled to an explanation.

I am sure if this vein of form continues and no statements or comments are forthcoming then it will be intersting to see how the attendances go for the remainder of the season and for the season ticket sales.

We have about an extra 3k of seats to fill next season remember. I am sure AB will be more than aware of this fact.

Do think that a statement from the club saying "current results/performances are unacceptable, we are taking steps to rectify it" would result in people suddenly going to games or buying ST's ?

Spot on!

People don't want a statement because we're shite. They're wanting to have explained to them why we are persisting with having a someone in a head coaching role that's clearly not capable of doing their job.

That's not unreasonable.

I think its accountability. People (perhaps rightly) have a perception of Levein as someone who is untouchable and knows it. A statement admitting some responsibility for the piss poor recruitment and lack of a functioning squad and therefore accepting the current recruitment strategy has been unsuccessful with a pledge to change it and go for players which can bring the heart and soul back into the club -Players that genuinely care about the club like Berra or McGowan, would I feel calm people down a bit. I think there is a fear that we are going to go into next season with the same strategy of scouring the Bulgarian 2nd division for more players that don't 'get' Hearts in the way that the fans demand.

I actually don't give a **** about squad unity or whatever the reason is for mollycoddling them - Referring to Cathro's no big changes in the summer statement. They are losing games at a horrifying rate with what seems like no attempt to win them. With the wages they are paid and the individual ability and international caps we should be doing a damn sight better. I think Cathro should be honest and tell us there will be major work in the summer to put on the field a team that the fans deserve. If the players down tools then **** them. Play the U20's it didn't do Paterson, Nicholson, Walker, Carrick, McKay and Holt any harm. At least there will be a positive to take (youngsters now have experience).

I genuinely haven't been more disgusted with a Hearts team in my life.

Nelly Terraces

That's not unreasonable.

Good post. Too reasonable for the like of of some posters on thus forum mind you (see above).

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The money has been spent on replacing the ruins of the previous infrastructure not players.

16k attendance is a red herring. The wages table shows clearly Hearts are not yet attempting to pay at the level of the current top 3. Should be doing better than we are. But definitely not to the extent some think is actually possible.

Never have I known any organisation to take such a beating for instant success.

Set expectation to ridiculous levels.

4th should not have been a problem this season though.

Jambo 4 Ever

Budge has been on holiday.

Understand there is a statement scheduled to come out tomorrow.

Heard any update as to when at all?

I'd suggest she looks in the mirror : she's had 3 years top get to grips with the fact she leant heavily (completely ?) on CL to run the football side because as she admitted , she knows nothing about football. Well now AB is finding her faith in him might be a little misplaced and it's time to ask some searching questions about player recruitment and the club's recruitment policy re the head coach role. 

I'm not knocking AB and I'm not clamouring for CL to be sacked but the club/board/owner need to face some hard facts : things are not working , the team has regressed dramatically this season , recruitment has been hopeless since day one (IMO, apart from Sow , it's been average to poor) , there is real disunity and anger among the fans.The honeymoon period is over for AB. What is currently being served up is unacceptable but there is no visible or audible sign that the club is reacting to events - but that they are stubbornly sailing on regardless. 

Heard any update as to when at all?

Not yet......Still have 5 hours 20 mins....

Bridge of Djoum

Unless they're removing the joker they can stick it as far as I'm concerned.

Throwing money at a losing horse is complete stupidity and I won't be wasting my cash.

You don't even donate or contribute here. Your words sound completely empty.

Gigolo-Aunt

Bringing a statement out would add pressure on to a situation that feels close to bursting.

That's not unreasonable.

It's unreasonable not to give someone a decent chance in the job.

Alex MacDonald finished 3rd in his first season as Hearts manager - in the old First Division! We were put out the cup by Forfar - at home.

He was arguably saved by the emergence of John Robertson the next season. Even then he failed to win the title and got promotion through 2nd place.

He later delivered all things considered our best season ever.

Making a statement along the lines of what some people appear to want to see would surely only be the club officially recognising (and accepting) a crisis. Surely such formal recognition only adds pressure and stress. I would think the way to keep pressure off the coaches would be to normalise the situation. Therefore no grand statements regarding what we already know for ourselves.... we're ****ing pish.

Relax FFS. If we carry on like this then he'll get sacked and we'll get a statement. Until then there's not much to state.

The Comedian

I think its accountability. People (perhaps rightly) have a perception of Levein as someone who is untouchable and knows it. A statement admitting some responsibility for the piss poor recruitment and lack of a functioning squad and therefore accepting the current recruitment strategy has been unsuccessful with a pledge to change it and go for players which can bring the heart and soul back into the club -Players that genuinely care about the club like Berra or McGowan, would I feel calm people down a bit. I think there is a fear that we are going to go into next season with the same strategy of scouring the Bulgarian 2nd division for more players that don't 'get' Hearts in the way that the fans demand.

I actually don't give a **** about squad unity or whatever the reason is for mollycoddling them - Referring to Cathro's no big changes in the summer statement. They are losing games at a horrifying rate with what seems like no attempt to win them. With the wages they are paid and the individual ability and international caps we should be doing a damn sight better. I think Cathro should be honest and tell us there will be major work in the summer to put on the field a team that the fans deserve. If the players down tools then **** them. Play the U20's it didn't do Paterson, Nicholson, Walker, Carrick, McKay and Holt any harm. At least there will be a positive to take (youngsters now have experience).

I genuinely haven't been more disgusted with a Hearts team in my life.

Good post.

It's all about recruitment. Between all the people we have involved in bringing players in, all 10 million of them it feels like, nobody knows what a LB looks like given three chances? to sign one. Folk are tripping if they think they'll suddenly get it right in the summer.

i wish jj was my dad

Anything Craig Levein or Ann Budge say about performances on the park will undermine the head coach or will be tantamount to a 'vote of confidence' and the monkeys and our own fifth columnists will be all over that like a rash.

IC needs to start getting results otherwise he'll be out.  That's how it works.  I don't think we need a statement to tell us that. 

Archived