Time For a Statement From The Club

Des' Dad

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Budge has been on holiday.

Understand there is a statement scheduled to come out tomorrow.

:pleasing:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling for a statement is ****ing weird behaviour I have to say, find me a club out of form who have released a statement and I'll eat my words but it really is summing up Hearts fans at the moment, entitled little bitches who need assurance from the club at any dip.

Imagine Hibs fans done this when they got relegated, begging Petrie to tell them why they were losing. We'd have ripped them to shreds.

Calling for a statement is ******* weird behaviour I have to say, find me a club out of form who have released a statement and I'll eat my words but it really is summing up Hearts fans at the moment, entitled little bitches who need assurance from the club at any dip.

Imagine Hibs fans done this when they got relegated, begging Petrie to tell them why they were losing. We'd have ripped them to shreds.

You are right.

I like the cut of your jib

:)

the big show

:pleasing:

just because she is making a statement it don't change anything ..  what would be pleasing is if she was to take action against all 3 and rid the club of them and then announce there will be no more rookies or DOF'S . NOW THAT WOULD BE PLEASING ... 

I can only imagine the folk who don't see the need for a statement haven't watched us much this season.

So what I am sure she has a phone and a laptop. 

I can only imagine the folk who don't see the need for a statement haven't watched us much this season.

Are we going bust?

Are we going to be relegated?

Are we unable to pay wages?

We are fifth in the league after a shite transition from a change in managers.

Shit happens.

Genuinely only stupid wee spoilt bairns should expect a statement.

A statement about what? What do the entitled think any statement will say?

It would say -

Form disappointing

Change in manager part of problem

Taken a risk with Cathro

We always said it might take time

We are going to give Cathro time

Stick with the club

Buy season tickets - it's important for us and the team

Then all the snowflakes go off on one again because although they got the statement they demanded it didn't say what they wanted it to...

That's exactly how the club PR will phrase it. Whether this is the reality behind closed doors is anyone's guess. I would hope not. This is a performance business and things should not be too comfortable and cosy. However, change for change's sake is never a sound strategy.

change when the product is gutless, dire,

incompetent ect. is needed.

Are we going bust?

Shit happens.

It would say -

Form disappointing

Taken a risk with Cathro

Stick with the club

Then all the snowflakes go off on one again because although they got the statement they demanded it didn't say what they wanted it to...

Ok so you have pre-empted what any statement might say and the content of this may well be correct however the fact that we are being dealt a wall of silence is the problem here.

If you look at the history of Budge and Levein when they are only too happy to voice their opinions most notably when something annoys AB she has not held back in issuing a statement on the Club Website.

Now I am not saying that she should not have made these statements but they have often related to relatively trivial matter in comparison to the currnet situation both on and off the park.

Levein was quite eager in the past to be seen and heard when he wanted to but now that things are not going well and his new young prodigy is struggling where is he when he should be out there giving the guy support?

We are going through one of the worst runs of form ever in the club's history and yet there is silence from the club. That does not seem right to me it's almost as if they don't think we the fans many of whom contribute every month to try and enhance this club's future are not worthy of even a comment about how the club view our currnet predicament.

To say nothing is an insult to our fans in my opinion and those running our club have gone down in my estimation for what it's worth.

Are we going bust?

Shit happens.

It would say -

Form disappointing

Taken a risk with Cathro

Stick with the club

The difference is top of most fans

list is winning playing attractive

Football.

Nelly Terraces

I don't really want a statement. That changes fark all.

I really want a huge change in the playing side of our football club though.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I think there's a feeling among a lot of Hearts fans that we were all in this rebirth together. We don't feel passive like we maybe once did. Many of us have pledged countless hours, thousands of pounds, and given away treasured possessions to save and rebuild this club. The communication at the beginning seemed to acknowledge this and was great. But now it does seem like a bit of a slap to be faced with this wall of silence, given that we are invested in our club like no other in Scotland.

500ClubCraig

A vote of confidence for the Management Team from AB should do the trick...... guaranteed for them to be booted by Sunday if normal football protocol is adhered too. Or is that just wishful thinking?

I don't really want a statement. That changes fark all.

I really want a huge change in the playing side of our football club though.

So, you don't want to know what the football department believes is the cause of our recent results?

You don't want to know if they have put any plans in place to remedy the situation?

You don't want to know what the plans are for changes to the playing squad in the close season?

You don't want to know if the coaching staff has the full backing of the board?

Well, good for you, but I think a lot of people have invested a lot of money into saving the club and these people, myself included, would like some answers. If a statement is forthcoming I take it you won't be interested in reading it?

Ok so you have pre-empted what any statement might say and the content of this may well be correct however the fact that we are being dealt a wall of silence is the problem here.

If you look at the history of Budge and Levein when they are only too happy to voice their opinions most notably when something annoys AB she has not held back in issuing a statement on the Club Website.

Now I am not saying that she should not have made these statements but they have often related to relatively trivial matter in comparison to the currnet situation both on and off the park.

Levein was quite eager in the past to be seen and heard when he wanted to but now that things are not going well and his new young prodigy is struggling where is he when he should be out there giving the guy support?

We are going through one of the worst runs of form ever in the club's history and yet there is silence from the club. That does not seem right to me it's almost as if they don't think we the fans many of whom contribute every month to try and enhance this club's future are not worthy of even a comment about how the club view our currnet predicament.

To say nothing is an insult to our fans in my opinion and those running our club have gone down in my estimation for what it's worth.

I'm the first to admit i ****ing hate Cathro, and disagree with Leveins role at the club, however to be fair:

Whenever Levein is seen to be "giving the guy support" Scottish Football and most of us fans want him to butt out, stop handing down notes and get out the dressing room.

Stephen Muddie

"Dear supporters.

We are shite and we know we are.

We are focussing on making improvements.

Love, Craig, Ann, Ian and Sox the cat xx"

King Of The Cat Cafe

A vote of confidence for the Management Team from AB should do the trick...... guaranteed for them to be booted by Sunday if normal football protocol is adhered too. Or is that just wishful thinking?

Could it be you are trying reverse psychology here?  :jester: 

Personally I think that "Chairman backs beleaguered head coach" headlines are the last thing we need at this stage. 

Time enough for statements if - or when - he gets shown the door.

Stephen Muddie

Could it be you are trying reverse psychology here? :jester:

Personally I think that "Chairman backs beleaguered head coach" headlines are the last thing we need at this stage.

Time enough for statements if - or when - he gets shown the door.

Very much this. I don't want to hear anything about the current situation. I want to see improvement I don't want a statement which helps continue the malaise. I'm not saying we should ignore our problems but there's already been way too much dialogue for my liking.

Watt-Zeefuik

Don't think we'll be having a statement.  I imagine sometime between now and the week after the season ends we may find ourselves with Budgement Day 2.0.

Not sure why there has to be a statement however if there is one you can be sure it will be laden with excuses and propaganda . We need to talk on the grass , with goals in place

joondalupjambo

Two words, "Employment Law".

If anything comes out, wether people think it should or not, whatever is in there needs to be so carefully worded in this day and age.  If there is a sniff at all of the misuse of any words, or wording, in a statement that could be used against the club in the future by any employee then that is one reason alone why businesses don't issue these types of things lightly.  Fear of getting it wrong and the cost implications.

If a company is doing badly internally individuals get performances reviews, advice on how to improve, additional training and so on to help them improve and thus ultimately the company benefits.  A company will not fire out statements saying sorry the guys in the widget making department are rubbish at their jobs, but don't worry we are on it, are helping them and things will improve.

Very easy to send out updates on the stand, telling folk to behave and marketing stuff but to write anything publicly about team performances, coaching responsibilities and other specific reasons as to why things are not going well are just dangerous. 

I predict a statement shortly before season tickets go on sale. Probably from Budge and possibly Levein.

Recognising it's been a frustrating year.

That they'll focus on player recruitment more closely.

That they're in support of head coach, we're a club who want to support and develop, not a club to get rid when going gets tough.

Further details regarding the Main stand.

They need our support more than ever to get a team on the park we can all be proud of.

Keep the pledges coming.

Behave yourself.

Etc etc.

Roll up, roll up

This is pretty much exactly what any statement made would consist of.

And for that reason, making one would be a totally pointless exercise.

We all know the problems the club faces at the moment and we all know that performances haven't been good enough.

A statement from the club putting massive positive spin on things will only end up making folk angrier at this point.

Talk is cheap.

Stephane Grappelli

I predict a statement shortly before season tickets go on sale. Probably from Budge and possibly Levein.

Recognising it's been a frustrating year.

That they'll focus on player recruitment more closely.

That they're in support of head coach, we're a club who want to support and develop, not a club to get rid when going gets tough.

Further details regarding the Main stand.

They need our support more than ever to get a team on the park we can all be proud of.

Keep the pledges coming.

Behave yourself.

Etc etc.

Roll up, roll up

:spoton:

I'm actually intrigued to see what flannel they will come up with.

Are we going bust?

Shit happens.

It would say -

Form disappointing

Taken a risk with Cathro

Stick with the club

Play as we are at the moment next season and we would be lucky to finish 10th. We barely created a chance at Perth until the last few minutes.

If anything comes out, wether people think it should or not, whatever is in there needs to be so carefully worded in this day and age.  If there is a sniff at all of the misuse of any words, or wording, in a statement that could be used against the club in the future by any employee then that is one reason alone why businesses don't issue these types of things lightly.  Fear of getting it wrong and the cost implications.

If a company is doing badly internally individuals get performances reviews, advice on how to improve, additional training and so on to help them improve and thus ultimately the company benefits.  A company will not fire out statements saying sorry the guys in the widget making department are rubbish at their jobs, but don't worry we are on it, are helping them and things will improve.

Very easy to send out updates on the stand, telling folk to behave and marketing stuff but to write anything publicly about team performances, coaching responsibilities and other specific reasons as to why things are not going well are just dangerous. 

Cathro is already an outsider in football.  His chances of ever getting another manager's job are extremely low already.  I don't think he would further jeopardise his future by legal action.

Perhaps Levein is a different matter though.  Might be his last job in football. 

gowestjambo

I think there's a feeling among a lot of Hearts fans that we were all in this rebirth together. We don't feel passive like we maybe once did. Many of us have pledged countless hours, thousands of pounds, and given away treasured possessions to save and rebuild this club. The communication at the beginning seemed to acknowledge this and was great. But now it does seem like a bit of a slap to be faced with this wall of silence, given that we are invested in our club like no other in Scotland.

Excellent post.

So its normal for Hearts to lose 6 out of 7 games, and no one from the Management thinks they are due the fans that saved the club an explanation??

kingantti1874

The only statement I want to see is he is gone. sacked, resigned, mutual consent I really don't care about the details..

We are just wasting time with a manager who's out of his depth and the fans will never take to.

A_A wehatethehibs

Yep, only statement I want is "Ian Cathro has left Hearts, severing all ties by mutual consent with immediate effect"

Decisive action

joondalupjambo

Yep, only statement I want is "Ian Cathro has left Hearts, severing all ties by mutual consent with immediate effect"

Decisive action

Yep certainly an option, you might yet get your wish and that is also another reason as to why the club will be very careful in relation to them going first with any public statement.   They could be working out things in the background as we all type.  As I said earlier they need to take time to prepare for any statement regardless of content.

The Treasurer

While I agree that communication is very important, I'm not really sure what people want to hear if the club were to issue a "statement" at this time.

Everyone involved with the club knows performances/results lately are unacceptable.

Everyone knows that we can't allow it to continue.

Everyone knows that players brought in have under performed.

Everyone knows the change of manager has had a negative effect.

Putting it all in writing won't change anything.

Calling for a statement is ******* weird behaviour I have to say, find me a club out of form who have released a statement and I'll eat my words but it really is summing up Hearts fans at the moment, entitled little bitches who need assurance from the club at any dip.

Top post of the week! Lot of Hearts got a lot of growing up to do.

Virtually every game. We have been largely crap. Not sure what a statement will tell me that I don't already know.

Personally, I think demanding a statement because we are shite is a wee bit cringey.

Of course I can understand why some fans would want one, but what good would it honestly do?

It's been a tough few months for the football side of things at the club. The media are having pop-shots at us along with fans of other clubs. Any statement, whether that be backing the manager, or acknowledging the fact it's been a disaster, would only fuel the fire and bring more attention to the club.

There is a time and a place for statements, and this 100% isn't the time.

This club is very fortunate to have such passionate, loyal fans that backs the club financially, but we can't be demanding statements when the team is sitting 5th in the league.

What we need to do is make our own statement - turn up in our numbers tomorrow against Dundee, make some noise, get behind the team and show some vocal support to show we are right behind them through the tough times. That, for me, is be the only statement that is necessary here.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

I agree.

However, nothing wrong with a wee communication to state they know things are bad but plans are afoot and things will change.

The thing is people will rip any statements apart, they will also moan if there is nothing.

In that case please bring back the old days when Tynie rocked with only 10-12k in it. How can you say fans find feel passive when we play home games with cemetery like atmospheres. Entitlement is a big part of our fans problem. Just because they put some cash in to save the Club they feel entitled to be winning every week, know exactly what's going on etc. Just nonsense. It's a business owned by a woman investor.

Jambo 4 Ever

Any idea of what time?

How reliable is your source?

Bazzas right boot

"Dear supporters.

We are focussing on making improvements.

Love, Craig, Ann, Ian and Sox the cat xx"

Sox the cat oot!!

He's been immune to critism so far, not any more. Mad cat oot, get a dug in.

But surely the thousands that are donating ?10 per month deserve better!!!!!! They should have every last detail of what's going on internally right down to colour of boots for next season. They are entitled to it!!

Only joking, just in case someone takes it seriously. But jeez, lots need to get a life and stop sounding like Old Firm fans.

Bazzas right boot

Starting from 2nd he should have done better.

Yes far too many people are feeling stupid because they thought Hearts were just going to carry on the progress and beyond Celtic dominate.

The budget tells a different story.

But I also believe Cathro himself felt entitlement. Far too easily he broke the whole thing, a bit too cocky I would say, he could take in these guys and have people flocking to see the team.

It may be early days, a tad nervous, I am interested to see what he can do with proper planning and his players, not quick fix players, who have achieved the exact opposite. But he's made that next stage treacherous, by his own sense of entitlement

Great post.

Captain America

Any idea of what time?

How reliable is your source?

3pm press conference called. 

Decisive action

Why would he walk away from circa ?450k with his career in tatters? Would you?

Where are we today?  Is it a 'we need a statement day' or is it a 'shut up and do your talking on the pitch day'?

The only statement I want to see is he is gone. sacked, resigned, mutual consent I really don't care about the details..

We are just wasting time with a manager who's out of his depth and the fans will never take to.

Thats it. I'm not after a long winded explanation or more flannel.

Just a routine press release.

1. 'We are terminating Ian Cathro's contract with immediate effect.

Result. Half the fan base very happy. The other half furious.

2. 'Ian Cathro is a key part of a long term project and we support him 100%. There is absolutely no intention to change'

Result. Half the fan base very happy. The other half furious.

That's why the club are not going to make a statement.

I believe Cathro will voluntarily resign at the end of the season.

Is the talk of a statement today based on anything other than speculation?

Or can we just expect the usual pre-match press conference?

Cut The Crap

I would like to see some evidence that there is an adult in charge at the club and that they both recognize and have a plan to arrest and reverse our alarming slump since December 1.

Also, having now seen the "coaching conveyor belt" and "seamless transition" in action, I think it's reasonable to request an assessment of its success and suitability from the man who devised it. I'd also like to hear his interim assessment of his five year plan, the rebuilding of the academy, and the success or otherwise of his "principles of play".

I don't feel "entitled" to any of that. It just makes practical and business sense, given that we have more season tickets available to sell than at any time in the past 25 years. At the moment, I don't see much reason to buy one.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Tbh, I'd be quite happy if the club give Cathro their unequivocal backing and promise to back him in the summer. What I really want is some ackowledgement of the fact that Levein is falling a long way short. This is his model and this is the mess we're in.

Archived