Time For a Statement From The Club

Des' Dad

It is clear from reading the threads on this forum that the people who matter at this football club, the fans, are decidedly unhappy with the recent efforts on the pitch and the direction the football department is taking. I for one am not calling for anybody's head just yet but I think the time is ripe for Ann Budge to tell us how the board intend to improve the performances on the field, how the football department managed to get the signings in January so very wrong and what the long term future is for the coaching team and the Director of Football role. We are about to announce the sale of season tickets for next season and are well on the way to providing a new stand. It is vital that the fans, who are still pouring money into the club via the Foundation, are confident that the current situation is just a blip and that there is a plan in place to turn things around. It cannot be left to Ian Cathro, a young and inexperienced coach, to try and explain to the media every week about another bad result. 

This forum is an indicator of how some of the fans are feeling right now but some of the opinions expressed here should not be seen as being indicative of what the vast majority of supporters think. The good fans will stick by the club by buying season tickets and contributing to FOH but they desperately need to know what is being done to get this great club back on track.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToadKiller Dog

A statement from the board is needed at this time agreed .

Silence over our dreadful performance and lack of improvement only pushes supporters to a view of being taken for granted .

Elias Henry Furst

I predict a statement shortly before season tickets go on sale. Probably from Budge and possibly Levein.

Recognising it's been a frustrating year.

That they'll focus on player recruitment more closely.

That they're in support of head coach, we're a club who want to support and develop, not a club to get rid when going gets tough.

Further details regarding the Main stand.

They need our support more than ever to get a team on the park we can all be proud of.

Keep the pledges coming.

Behave yourself.

Etc etc.

Roll up, roll up

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I predict a statement shortly before season tickets go on sale. Probably from Budge and possibly Levein.

That they're in support of head coach, we're a club who want to support and develop, not a club to get rid when going gets tough.

They need our support more than ever to get a team on the park we can all be proud of.

Keep the pledges coming.

Behave yourself.

Etc etc.

Roll up, roll up

Unless they're removing the joker they can stick it as far as I'm concerned.

Throwing money at a losing horse is complete stupidity and I won't be wasting my cash.

Elias Henry Furst, on 06 Apr 2017 - 5:18 PM, said:

Keep the pledges coming.

Behave yourself.

Etc etc.

Roll up, roll up

Well done to the club for saying that

No it's not.

Sure we will hear something around ST renewal time but personally now is not the time.

Also what would it say that will placate the fans?

Decent signings will bring us back on board IMO. I am prepared to give the current management team the summer.

Keep the pledges coming.

Behave yourself.

Etc etc.

Roll up, roll up

That's exactly how the club PR will phrase it. Whether this is the reality behind closed doors is anyone's guess. I would hope not. This is a performance business and things should not be too comfortable and cosy. However, change for change's sake is never a sound strategy.

Unless they're removing the joker they can stick it as far as I'm concerned.

Throwing money at a losing horse is complete stupidity and I won't be wasting my cash.

That's your prerogative, of course, but we've stuck by the club and got it in a sound financial position. All that effort and money would have been wasted if we turn our backs now. Being a supporter means sticking with them through thick and thin.

It is clear from reading the threads on this forum that the people who matter at this football club, the fans, are decidedly unhappy with the recent efforts on the pitch and the direction the football department is taking. I for one am not calling for anybody's head just yet but I think the time is ripe for Ann Budge to tell us how the board intend to improve the performances on the field, how the football department managed to get the signings in January so very wrong and what the long term future is for the coaching team and the Director of Football role. We are about to announce the sale of season tickets for next season and are well on the way to providing a new stand. It is vital that the fans, who are still pouring money into the club via the Foundation, are confident that the current situation is just a blip and that there is a plan in place to turn things around. It cannot be left to Ian Cathro, a young and inexperienced coach, to try and explain to the media every week about another bad result. 

This forum is an indicator of how some of the fans are feeling right now but some of the opinions expressed here should not be seen as being indicative of what the vast majority of supporters think. The good fans will stick by the club by buying season tickets and contributing to FOH but they desperately need to know what is being done to get this great club back on track.

i don't think it's time for the Club to do or say anything other than getting their heads down and working towards a solution to the current poor form. If there is no comment then we should assume that it's as you were and they are getting on with realising their strategy and long term goals. At the moment we have a (hopefully) short -term problem on the pitch. That's to be expected at some point(s) in the club's progress. No team has the right to play well or win all the time. Three months of poor results is nothing as long as it's only that.

I'd also suggest the most important people at the club are the players not the fans or coaches. It's pretty clear that they are, mostly, all playing way below optimum levels at the current time. Multiple reasons I'm sure but in all honesty unlikely to be fixed in the remaining games this season. Most of them know they won't be here next season so will undoubtedly be working on where they go next. Sad, infuriating, but true I think. The biggest challenge for next season is not who the head coach is. It's what level of player can we bring in.

i don't think it's time for the Club to do or say anything other than getting their heads down and working towards a solution to the current poor form. If there is no comment then we should assume that it's as you were and they are getting on with realising their strategy and long term goals. At the moment we have a (hopefully) short -term problem on the pitch. That's to be expected at some point(s) in the club's progress. No team has the right to play well or win all the time. Three months of poor results is nothing as long as it's only that.

I'd also suggest the most important people at the club are the players not the fans or coaches. It's pretty clear that they are, mostly, all playing way below optimum levels at the current time. Multiple reasons I'm sure but in all honesty unlikely to be fixed in the remaining games this season. Most of them know they won't be here next season so will undoubtedly be working on where they go next. Sad, infuriating, but true I think. The biggest challenge for next season is not who the head coach is. It's what level of player can we bring in.

We need to know if their strategy is correct and if it is flexible enough to change when things go wrong as they patently are at the moment. I disagree completely with your statement that the players are the most important people at the club. Players come and go on a regular basis as we witnessed in January, but fans are in it for the long haul and spend hard earned cash to save the club and keep it going. I think we're entitled to an explanation of how we intend to turn things around.

We were told how different it was going to be all open telling everyone what is going on. reality is if thats possable its even quieter than when the Lithuanias were here.

We were told how different it was going to be all open telling everyone what is going on. reality is if thats possable its even quieter than when the Lithuanias were here.

The statement would only be something along the lines of 'Keep coming to games and support the team. Keep up with the monthly pledges'.

davemclaren

The statement would only be something along the lines of 'Keep coming to games and support the team. Keep up with the monthly pledges'.

Aka support your club.

kingantti1874

No it's not.

Sure we will hear something around ST renewal time but personally now is not the time.

Also what would it say that will placate the fans?

Decent signings will bring us back on board IMO. I am prepared to give the current management team the summer.

Even if we lose all our top 6 fixtures

Aka support your club.

Which I will continue to do.

Some will withdraw their financial support though. They are entitled to do so.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They can't put out a statement. Final nail for Cathro. But they have invested too much, to make him walk.

I'm afraid he will stay.

I hope he proves us all wrong, but even if he does some won't have the grace to accept him.

It all turned quickly on Neilson after the Aberdeen home defeat

Darlo_Jambo

Aka support your club.

This. It's all about support through thick and thin. the rough times make you appreciate the good times so much more. Imagine how knob shrinkingly dull it really must be being a Celtic fan?

Cruyff Turn

They'll give him the season before we get any statements.

If we finish 6th he'll get given his marching orders.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

That's your prerogative, of course, but we've stuck by the club and got it in a sound financial position. All that effort and money would have been wasted if we turn our backs now. Being a supporter means sticking with them through thick and thin.

I would if we were trying to resolve the situation. They still have until the end of the season to relieve him of his duties.

Even Romanov wouldn't allow this sideshow.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Aka support your club.

They have a duty to do what's right by the club. If he has any influence on next season then they don't deserve our money.

Support the club? Absolutely. As long as the people in control do right by the club.

I'm not paying for Cathro's salary.

This. It's all about support through thick and thin. the rough times make you appreciate the good times so much more. Imagine how knob shrinkingly dull it really must be being a Celtic fan?

That's probably why they interest themselves in politics...

We are on a bad run... $hit happens... no need to get excited. Statement from the club? There is nothing to say.

GorgieRules22

We are on a bad run... **** happens... no need to get excited. Statement from the club? There is nothing to say.

It's more than just a bad run for me. There's a lack of fight and will to win and that needs to be questioned.

It's more than just a bad run for me. There's a lack of fight and will to win and that needs to be questioned.

Got to judge that over a sustained period of time. Personally I am for bringing in leaders on the park, but the regime need time.

sandylejambo

Dear Mrs budge, I had a MG1100 once, I put it in a garage to get work done, they kept telling me they were going to fix it next week, I never got the car back, do you think Cathro used to run a garage just off Leith Walk?

Dear Mrs budge, I had a MG1100 once, I put it in a garage to get work done, they kept telling me they were going to fix it next week, I never got the car back, do you think Cathro used to run a garage just off Leith Walk?

Cathro getting 5 seasons.

Said it before, this season was always going to be a "dead rubber", I'll give the present incumbents until the end of next season. 60 yo, whats another year ?

Realistically, who else could move this club forward, on our player budget ? Some of which I might add has been wasted since January !

Said it before, this season was always going to be a "dead rubber", I'll give the present incumbents until the end of next season. 60 yo, whats another year ?

Realistically, who else could move this club forward, on our player budget ? Some of which I might add has been wasted since January !

I wish the club used the term 'dead rubber' when promoting season tickets.

Rocky jamboa

I agree with this. Levein and budge have been vocal in the past when things were going well so I feel sorry for Cathro that he's having to bear the brunt of all the flak himself.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Two words

Entitlement complex.

We're entitled to a competent manager ffs!

We're entitled to a competent manager ffs!

Yes we are.

Cathro is entitled to time.

Not sure we are entitled to a 'statement'

What's happened that we need a statement?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Two words

Entitlement complex.

Starting from 2nd he should have done better.

Yes far too many people are feeling stupid because they thought Hearts were just going to carry on the progress and beyond Celtic dominate.

The budget tells a different story.

But I also believe Cathro himself felt entitlement. Far too easily he broke the whole thing, a bit too cocky I would say, he could take in these guys and have people flocking to see the team.

It may be early days, a tad nervous, I am interested to see what he can do with proper planning and his players, not quick fix players, who have achieved the exact opposite. But he's made that next stage treacherous, by his own sense of entitlement

We need to know if their strategy is correct and if it is flexible enough to change when things go wrong as they patently are at the moment. I disagree completely with your statement that the players are the most important people at the club. Players come and go on a regular basis as we witnessed in January, but fans are in it for the long haul and spend hard earned cash to save the club and keep it going. I think we're entitled to an explanation of how we intend to turn things around.

How can anyone 'know' if their or anyone's else's strategy is correct? Time will tell. It's a question of whether you buy into it. Also not much of a strategy if it's that easy to achieve that there are no bumps in the road.

Disagree re fans being most important. We are not entitled to anything. We have a choice of spending our money with Hearts, with the golf club whatever. Just going along and paying your money entities you to nothing more than watching a game of football. FoH contributions entitle you to play a very small part in taking ownership of the Club and that's it. The main reason, I think, for most of us going to games is to be entertained with the product on 'the grass'. Budge, Levein, Cathro, fans, don't appear on the pitch. We go to watch the team and the players. The Club will only be successful in the future if we continually improve the quality of player we employ. It might survive with less quality but it won't be successful. Just look at the last 50 years if you need proof. The current strategy is an attempt to change the Clubs operating methodology with a view to being more successful in the future than in the past. Again, who knows if it will be successful. I think most fans still buy in to the concept though many are becoming more concerned with short term results and performances. That's certainly where I am.

I would if we were trying to resolve the situation. They still have until the end of the season to relieve him of his duties.

Even Romanov wouldn't allow this sideshow.

If there was any intent or thoughts of letting him go why would they wait until the end of the season? Surely he would be gone now.

They have a duty to do what's right by the club. If he has any influence on next season then they don't deserve our money.

Support the club? Absolutely. As long as the people in control do right by the club.

I'm not paying for Cathro's salary.

Why not? I bet he is working harder at the moment than any other time in his life. Results may not be great but he is working hard. Not sure I know many jobs where people put in lots of hard work but if results don't arrive every week they don't get paid. If that's the type if deal you think we should offer Hearts coaches/managers then we mayball get a shot at it over the next few years. No real football person would touch the job.

Ann Budge only speaks when we sing too loud or be a little rautious in the stands.

She'll be more than happy. No ****er cares about the football product we have to endure - we will still buy season tickets, shirts, and still pour money into the FOH. What has she got to say? Phreeeeee money.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Why not? I bet he is working harder at the moment than any other time in his life. Results may not be great but he is working hard. Not sure I know many jobs where people put in lots of hard work but if results don't arrive every week they don't get paid. If that's the type if deal you think we should offer Hearts coaches/managers then we mayball get a shot at it over the next few years. No real football person would touch the job.

If you're an utter failure and refuse to change your style out of stubbornness then you'll be booted out the door. Sound fair?

gashauskis9

The challenge we have is that Levein is Budge's man. He's here for as long as she is, she doesn't have a plan B at his level. Removing Levein would involve a huge overhaul of the structure and vision, and I don't think she has the appetite for it. We're stuffed!

davemclaren

Ann Budge only speaks when we sing too loud or be a little rautious in the stands.

She'll be more than happy. No ****er cares about the football product we have to endure - we will still buy season tickets, shirts, and still pour money into the FOH. What has she got to say? Phreeeeee money.

Ridiculous statement.

If you're an utter failure and refuse to change your style out of stubbornness then you'll be booted out the door. Sound fair?

Agreed. But Cathro isn't there yet?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Agreed. But Cathro isn't there yet?

Cathro has proved he has no relevant qualities for the position of head coach. He's an assistant at best.

Stop lying to yourself.

Budge has been on holiday.

Understand there is a statement scheduled to come out tomorrow.

Archived