What happened to fan power/save our hearts ( merged )

buzzbomb1958

buzzbomb1958

I thought that we had a voice on the board because of the setting up of FOH or am I wrong? If we do then how do we get that board member to express our feelings and also get the rest of the board to listen,it seems to me we are being taken for granted

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that we had a voice on the board because of the setting up of FOH or am I wrong? If we do then how do we get that board member to express our feelings and also get the rest of the board to listen,it seems to me we are being taken for granted

fan representation on the board is a good idea but thought of the bed-wetting reactionaries from JKB having their view of:

"Sack Levein, Sack Cathro and MacPhee. OK, that's all I've got, rest of youse can fix it"

...discussed at board level is quite terrifying!

What are 'our' feelings? Last I looked at the poll 65% on here want to give Cathro time. That's what's happening. Seems that's 'our' feelings.What are yours?

Jambof3tornado

What are 'our' feelings? Last I looked at the poll 65% on here want to give Cathro time. That's what's happening. Seems that's 'our' feelings.What are yours?

And thats 65% of 1400 people.

Nookie Bear

Even when Romanov was taking us down a clearly dangerous path, the fans were largely restrained, so I doubt we will see much visible protest against the current predicament.

ToadKiller Dog

The majority of votes on that poll are from a good while ago, not reflective of the current mood .

Fans are right to be putting pressure on the club basically what the feck is happening and how are you going to fix it .

buzzbomb1958

If it was my decision I would use them at what they are meant to be coaches,then I would bring a manager in to manage maybe someone they have worked with before

The majority of votes on that poll are from a good while ago, not reflective of the current mood .

Fans are right to be putting pressure on the club basically what the feck is happening and how are you going to fix it .

You sound like Wee Nicola! "I dinnae like that poll, let's have another and another until I get the result I want!"

You sound like Wee Nicola! "I dinnae like that poll, let's have another and another until I get the result I want!"

Couldnt have put it better myself!

And thats 65% of 1400 people.

Fair reflection of the support then especially since most of the knee-jerker and 'fire everyone every time we lose' types are regulars on this forum.

Jambof3tornado

Fair reflection of the support then especially since most of the knee-jerker and 'fire everyone every time we lose' types are regulars on this forum.

Nothing about jkb is a fair reflection, lol.

There was someone shouting Cathro out at the end of the game last night. A good few people told that person to shut up.

It's a tough time for sure. I would love Cathro to turn this around but he is running out of time quickly. As long as he is the job though I will give him my full support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waynefozzie

Even when Romanov was taking us down a clearly dangerous path, the fans were largely restrained, so I doubt we will see much visible protest against the current predicament.

True. We used to have some pretty boisterous protests against Mercer and then the Pieman. But not much chance of that happening now... A: cause the "everyone oot now" mob are a minority, and B: cause most of them are too busy sitting at home in their pants, typing on kickback, and eating cheesy wotsits

True. We used to have some pretty boisterous protests against Mercer and then the Pieman. But not much chance of that happening now... A: cause the "everyone oot now" mob are a minority, and B: cause most of them are too busy sitting at home in their pants, typing on kickback, and eating cheesy wotsits

I love cheesy wotsits.

So much truth in so few words! Well done sir!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Fan power chased off a talented manager and got us into this situation in the first place.

:lol:

buzzbomb1958

Fan power chased off a talented manager and got us into this situation in the first place.

I hope that you don't actually believe that so Levien,Cathro and Mcphee it Wisnae them the big laddie done it and ran away Mrs Budge

fan representation on the board is a good idea but thought of the bed-wetting reactionaries from JKB having their view of:

"Sack Levein, Sack Cathro and MacPhee. OK, that's all I've got, rest of youse can fix it"

...discussed at board level is quite terrifying!

You my friend are willing to accept a incompetent, gutless Hearts team. Well you can back a loser most Hearts fans deserve better than the rubbish we are witnessing this season. All the hard work done by Ann Budge, the board, FOH and the fans is being undermined by Levein, Cathro and players. Time for all of us to say "No More" this disaster has to stop.

These polls are old and dated. Someone start a new poll i'd bet the majority would want the whole management system chucked out the window.

You my friend are willing to accept a incompetent, gutless Hearts team. Well you can back a loser most Hearts fans deserve better than the rubbish we are witnessing this season. All the hard work done by Ann Budge, the board, FOH and the fans is being undermined by Levein, Cathro and players. Time for all of us to say "No More" this disaster has to stop.

Not at all. I'm just waiting for you and others to suggest a new strategy, or failing that, a new manager...Do you favour trawling the Middle East and North Africa for an experienced journeyman (a la Rangers) perhaps? or the closer to home option of taking someone from one of our competitors (St Johnstone maybe?) - please bear in mind that this strategy was tried with Tommy McLean and did not go too well. Or perhaps we could go for a "big name"? Should we go for ex-Scotland player or go fancy foreign guy? I suspect we've run out of "PHM"s...Gary Mackay's never had a shot at the Hearts job?

Give me your thoughts?

ToadKiller Dog

The poll is interesting nothing more , for many reasons it's not accurate .

It's been running since February , you can change your vote as much as you feel and it has no closing date .

How many of the 1400 voters have returned to it ?

It's a sample of kickback members and not hearts support .

A poll should have a closing date and a new poll taken etc .

It possibly is about right as generally majority tend not to advocate change that builds over time and you can't argue that it isn't building .

If we lose on Saturday my guess is some of the apathy in the stands will move over to anger and it will grow .

If we win hopefully it will spur him and things on ,but at the moment all I see is a crunch time coming fast .

Generally when fans start to turn it's only a matter of time .

What are you suggesting we actually do though?

Good post. Loads of people here wailing... nobody coming up with good suggestions.

The poll is interesting nothing more , for many reasons it's not accurate .

It's been running since February , you can change your vote as much as you feel and it has no closing date .

How many of the 1400 voters have returned to it ?

It's a sample of kickback members and not hearts support .

A poll should have a closing date and a new poll taken etc .

It possibly is about right as generally majority tend not to advocate change that builds over time and you can't argue that it isn't building .

If we lose on Saturday my guess is some of the apathy in the stands will move over to anger and it will grow .

If we win hopefully it will spur him and things on ,but at the moment all I see is a crunch time coming fast .

Generally when fans start to turn it's only a matter of time .

If you ran a poll immediately after a bad defeat you'd probably get a different result from a week later - Can you imagine the different results of a snap poll after the Hibs debacle to one immediately following the hammering of Rangers?. I'd suggest that for the representative view you seek, you HAVE to leave it open for a period of time covering a number of games.

Fans are fickle. If I ran the club I would ignore their views by and large. Since I don't run the club I would includes my own views as being unworthy of influencing their strategy. As a Board they have to have a strategy, work towards achieving it, but review progress at certain pre-determined dates (ie not after every game!). I suspect the Board may have decided that Cathro and Levein will get this summer to sort out the current mess. I personally agree with such a long-term view, not that I expect the Board to care!!

Unknown user

If you ran a poll immediately after a bad defeat you'd probably get a different result from a week later - Can you imagine the different results of a snap poll after the Hibs debacle to one immediately following the hammering of Rangers?. I'd suggest that for the representative view you seek, you HAVE to leave it open for a period of time covering a number of games.

Fans are fickle. If I ran the club I would ignore their views by and large. Since I don't run the club I would includes my own views as being unworthy of influencing their strategy. As a Board they have to have a strategy, work towards achieving it, but review progress at certain pre-determined dates (ie not after every game!). I suspect the Board may have decided that Cathro and Levein will get this summer to sort out the current mess. I personally agree with such a long-term view, not that I expect the Board to care!!

Levein's on the board isn't he?

You would be as well asking Levein.

Seriously !

Well you can start by pulling up the white flag.

Good post. Loads of people here wailing... nobody coming up with good suggestions.

Not for me, of course, but it can only be people not turning up.

For all the gnashing of teeth, I find it remarkable that these people haven't came out and said this yet.

I would ask them why but, is there any point when all questions are ignored ?

So your calling Neilson a coward. Fan power chased him off my arse.

I am selling pitchforks on Gorgie Road Sat.

You will recognise me easy as I will be the one standing beside the braziers burning a effigy of Craig Levein.

...a bit disco

This place is just a big, seething mass of impotence.

Also, people do realise that the last Cathro stay or go poll is very much still relevant as people can delete their votes then vote again?

Let's be honest. Right now the fans are as gutless as the team. There's no fight in us, Tynecastle is like a Library now. The amount of people who sat at that Celtic game and didn't eve boo, just accepted that total collapse was scary. People leaving didn't make a stand, That actually if anything showed that they weren't bothered they just wanted out of there. They didn't want to stay till the end to let the players and management team knew that what were being served is an utter disgrace. If this was under Robinson with a Tonmy Mclean or something there'd be protests outside the main stand. The fact it's Levein who some class as a club legend(I wouldn't) he gets a free ride. Nothing will change until his hand is forced and they have no option. Right now with our support base as accepting of the mediocre pish that we're getting then I'm afraid, that's a million miles off. And by the way before anyone starts Yes I am included in this.

Let's be honest. Right now the fans are as gutless as the team. There's no fight in us, Tynecastle is like a Library now. The amount of people who sat at that Celtic game and didn't eve boo, just accepted that total collapse was scary. People leaving didn't make a stand, That actually if anything showed that they weren't bothered they just wanted out of there. They didn't want to stay till the end to let the players and management team knew that what were being served is an utter disgrace. If this was under Robinson with a Tonmy Mclean or something there'd be protests outside the main stand. The fact it's Levein who some class as a club legend(I wouldn't) he gets a free ride. Nothing will change until his hand is forced and they have no option. Right now with our support base as accepting of the mediocre pish that we're getting then I'm afraid, that's a million miles off. And by the way before anyone starts Yes I am included in this.

Good points. Not sure a poor three months demands protests, boycotts or anything like it. Just look at Chelsea last season to this. Mourinho, Guardiola, Wenger all for the sack? They are all 2-3 league places below expectations.

The days of protests outside main stands (I remember the mercer one) are likely over. Folk will just protest with their feet now. Of course there will be the half time / full time booing but that's been going on for a good few months.

When ST sales drop off by the thousands then she will take notice.

Top post

gorgie rd eh11

The Romanov period was a totally different situation, nobody knew where hunting him would have left us. People were worried about the existence of the club at that time. Now they're p***ed off that we're s***e.

I imagine how that would go.

Fans rep: "fix it, stop losing"

Club: "Ok we'll try and sort our form out now but most of the changes needed will be done in pre season."

Fans rep: "NO NOW, WE WANT IT FIXED NOW. *stamps feet and cries* "

Today I have found and am wearing my old "Save our Hearts" t-shirt - we need them back again - please come back out of retirement, while we still have a club  :thumbsdown:

I actually think Levein was one of the best players i've ever seen playing for the Hearts.....you don't ?

Also, happy to be corrected but don't remember a " behind the stand " protest against McLean either.

We've got shit management not going out of business. What we need is an aeroplane towing a banner it worked the last time and our reasonably successful manager jumped ship on the back of it.

I actually think Levein was one of the best players i've ever seen playing for the Hearts.....you don't ?

Also, happy to be corrected but don't remember a " behind the stand " protest against McLean either.

I don't remember a McLean protest outside the ground but that was because we had the imposter Robinson rightly getting it tight. McLeans teams were countered by the 7-8000 crowds IIRC

Levein was a legend no doubt. Something he will always be remembered for - on the field

gorgie rd eh11

Today I have found and am wearing my old "Save our Hearts" t-shirt - we need them back again - please come back out of retirement, while we still have a club  :thumbsdown:

******* hell.

Nelly Terraces

65% on here want Cathro to be 'given time' (whatever the hell that means).

Meanwhile, in the real world, I've yet to meet anyone who wants the guy near the club.

Weird place this.

Archived