What happened to fan power/save our hearts ( merged )

buzzbomb1958

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

We've got shit management not going out of business. What we need is an aeroplane towing a banner it worked the last time and our reasonably successful manager jumped ship on the back of it.

Spot on Danny. I ****ing hate some of our 'fans'

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen Muddie

I was about to start a thread about the horrific state of the official club FB page. I don't think I've reached kickback yet. Where am I? Is Ian here?

65% on here want Cathro to be 'given time' (whatever the hell that means).

Meanwhile, in the real world, I've yet to meet anyone who wants the guy near the club.

Weird place this.

There's a lot of hobbits who probably don't post but vote. Surely to fek I hope that's the case

Placid Casual

Today I have found and am wearing my old "Save our Hearts" t-shirt - we need them back again - please come back out of retirement, while we still have a club :thumbsdown:

"...while we still have a club."

Jesus f**kin' Christ :rofl:

I actually think Levein was one of the best players i've ever seen playing for the Hearts.....you don't ?

Also, happy to be corrected but don't remember a " behind the stand " protest against McLean either.

Fantastic player. One of the best I'd seen. Got injured far too young tho and didn't do anything to earn legendary status. Infact in the biggest game in our history he pulled out with a cold, now it would take 2 broken legs for me not to have been on the pitch at dens that day and even then I'd have tried. Had he not been unfortunately injured so early then Perhaps yes he might have earned a legend status as it was, imo he isn't.

Re Mclean I wasn't meaning that happened I'm meaning of this was now and Pieman and Mclean were at the helm we'd be outside the main stand demanding answers.

My main point is that we're as gutless as the players as I'll stick to that. For reasons I gave. Not everyone will agree.

Today I have found and am wearing my old "Save our Hearts" t-shirt - we need them back again - please come back out of retirement, while we still have a club  :thumbsdown:

Hope ye washed it first.

gorgie rd eh11

Today I have found and am wearing my old "Save our Hearts" t-shirt - we need them back again - please come back out of retirement, while we still have a club  :thumbsdown:

Can you wear it on saturday so we can all have a laugh at the moron who equates p*sh football with the club going under.  :thumbsup:

As a fan base, with a new stand and ST sales approaching, we can get rid of Cathro and/or Levein any time we want. Simply don't buy Seasons tickets en-masse like we have been doing.

Of course your seriously messing with the future existence of the club but what the hell. We've escaped that twice now and we'll do it again.

I think they must mean a prison sentence, which is a bit harsh for losing a few games but at least gets him out of our sight.

of all the ***** that has been posted on this site recently, this has to be the funniest yet. It's a real shame how far kickback has fallen. It used to be a great site for Hearts fans to discuss our club and anything else but now it is so full of trolls/hobos and just mindless posts that it really is pointless    

It's getting more and more difficult to know which threads are genuine and which are satire.

I'm going to assume satire. For my own peace of mind.

It's getting more and more difficult to know which threads are genuine and which are satire.

Spooky!

The Treasurer

Ever since the days of "(Bill) Lindsay Must Go"  fans demos have always taken place behind the main stand.

Sadly this isn't possible just now, so our hands are tied until the new stand is complete

Before we all start protesting we'd probably be better if we sorted out what or who we were actually protesting about. Is it Ann Budge, Craig Levein, Ian Cathro, all 3, or perm any 2 from 3 ?

Paul Shark, on 07 Apr 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Before we all start protesting we'd probably be better if we sorted out what or who we were actually protesting about. Is it Ann Budge, Craig Levein, Ian Cathro, all 3, or perm any 2 from 3 ?

Think its about pies sticking to trays as well

upgotheheads

Not at all. I'm just waiting for you and others to suggest a new strategy, or failing that, a new manager...Do you favour trawling the Middle East and North Africa for an experienced journeyman (a la Rangers) perhaps? or the closer to home option of taking someone from one of our competitors (St Johnstone maybe?) - please bear in mind that this strategy was tried with Tommy McLean and did not go too well. Or perhaps we could go for a "big name"? Should we go for ex-Scotland player or go fancy foreign guy? I suspect we've run out of "PHM"s...Gary Mackay's never had a shot at the Hearts job?

Give me your thoughts?

What's Terry Butcher doing these days? Worked a miracle at H1b5.

Bazzas right boot

fan representation on the board is a good idea but thought of the bed-wetting reactionaries from JKB having their view of:

"Sack Levein, Sack Cathro and MacPhee. OK, that's all I've got, rest of youse can fix it"

...discussed at board level is quite terrifying!

Aye.

Rinse and repeat every few months of after Hears draw or get beat from a " lower" league team.

of all the ***** that has been posted on this site recently, this has to be the funniest yet. It's a real shame how far kickback has fallen. It used to be a great site for Hearts fans to discuss our club and anything else but now it is so full of trolls/hobos and just mindless posts that it really is pointless

Not at all, mate. Never pointless.

Place is rammed with decent, rational Hearts men who can dismantle trolls posts quite easily.

They can try, of course, but will ultimately trip themselves up with stupidity.

Stick with it.

Bazzas right boot

Even when Romanov was taking us down a clearly dangerous path, the fans were largely restrained, so I doubt we will see much visible protest against the current predicament.

Comparing this to getting run into the gorund and going into admin, barley escaping liquidation.

Seriously?

Gonna naw dae that!

Meanwhile, in the real world, I've yet to meet anyone who wants the guy near the club.

Weird place this.

Most fans want Cathro,Levein and all the Muppets theyve signed to GTF away from Hearts.

Ever since the days of "(Bill) Lindsay Must Go" fans demos have always taken place behind the main stand.

Sadly this isn't possible just now, so our hands are tied until the new stand is complete

Haha made me laugh

Levein's on the board isn't he?

Yep, Director of Football. Directors get removed when things go wrong. It is inevitable - someone has to carry the can eventually. Things are currently going wrong. If Budge is running the club correctly then there will be a review of footballing performance (perhaps) at following times:

- Prior to the STs being released. Don't expect anything more than PR and don't expect sackings, just statements of intent and trust.

- End of season. Could be sackings but more likely the mgmt team will be given the summer to remedy situation. Like it or not Levein has earned faith from the Neilson tenure.

- Anniversary of Cathro getting appointed. If it is still dire then, then the guillotine will be taken out the cupboard...

If come October, we are still as crap as we are now, then I'll be on here saying Levein and Cathro must go. Until then, I'll continue to look for signs that the corner has turned. None so far, but I'm still hopeful that we've appointed a coach who has the capability to learn on the job, and fix mistakes.

Yep, Director of Football. Directors get removed when things go wrong. It is inevitable - someone has to carry the can eventually. Things are currently going wrong. If Budge is running the club correctly then there will be a review of footballing performance (perhaps) at following times:

- Prior to the STs being released. Don't expect anything more than PR and don't expect sackings, just statements of intent and trust.

- End of season. Could be sackings but more likely the mgmt team will be given the summer to remedy situation. Like it or not Levein has earned faith from the Neilson tenure.

- Anniversary of Cathro getting appointed. If it is still dire then, then the guillotine will be taken out the cupboard...

If come October, we are still as crap as we are now, then I'll be on here saying Levein and Cathro must go. Until then, I'll continue to look for signs that the corner has turned. None so far, but I'm still hopeful that we've appointed a coach who has the capability to learn on the job, and fix mistakes.

In between times there will be monthly board meetings but these will unlikely be make or break unless a big argument develops as sometimes happens. 

Call me a happy clapper or an optimist or whatever other term you like but I think protests and such like are appropriate for a proper existential crisis or in a situation calling for serious fan intervention on a matter of important principle or something. Not a run of bad results and not a situation which can be considered (unfortunately) entirely normal for a football club.

The point of it all is to play a game, and sometimes we don't play that game as well as other people do, and right now we're experiencing a slump in the way we play that game. A game. Nobody has died, nobody is trying to shut our club down or sell our ground or do something terrible to us. The worst deliberate mischief I can find to wind myself up is that some of the players are lazy feeble twats, and even that problem just represents something that happens when you have human beings doing human stuff and, of course, we don't really care about the psychology because we just want results.

This losing of the minds and hysterical meltdowns are pretty undignified and it's giving opposition fans a proper laugh. No wonder. Shit happens. It's football. Good periods and bad periods. Wins and defeats. Successes and failures. Accepting that doesn't mean you're "accepting mediocrity" either. Thing are awful right now and it's a horrible crawl to the end of the season but so be it. There's next season and the season after that and every season for a very long time to come. This is just a shitty snapshot of a moment in time.

I might've had a lot of coffee this morning.

Call me a happy clapper or an optimist or whatever other term you like but I think protests and such like are appropriate for a proper existential crisis or in a situation calling for serious fan intervention on a matter of important principle or something. Not a run of bad results and not a situation which can be considered (unfortunately) entirely normal for a football club.

The point of it all is to play a game, and sometimes we don't play that game as well as other people do, and right now we're experiencing a slump in the way we play that game. A game. Nobody has died, nobody is trying to shut our club down or sell our ground or do something terrible to us. The worst deliberate mischief I can find to wind myself up is that some of the players are lazy feeble twats, and even that problem just represents something that happens when you have human beings doing human stuff and, of course, we don't really care about the psychology because we just want results.

This losing of the minds and hysterical meltdowns are pretty undignified and it's giving opposition fans a proper laugh. No wonder. Shit happens. It's football. Good periods and bad periods. Wins and defeats. Successes and failures. Accepting that doesn't mean you're "accepting mediocrity" either. Thing are awful right now and it's a horrible crawl to the end of the season but so be it. There's next season and the season after that and every season for a very long time to come. This is just a shitty snapshot of a moment in time.

Probably the way most people are thinking.

Another chapter in the lives of football fans.

We move on !

It is like those shots of the losing team's supporters after cup finals. I feel sympathy for the kids crying but when they show grown men bawling their eyes out over a game of football I just laugh...

It is like those shots of the losing team's supporters after cup finals. I feel sympathy for the kids crying but when they show grown men bawling their eyes out over a game of football I just laugh... In other words "perspective". Adults should have it, kids need to learn it.

It is like those shots of the losing team's supporters after cup finals. I feel sympathy for the kids crying but when they show grown men bawling their eyes out over a game of football I just laugh...

Au contraire....I had at wee greet at the 98' Final.

I was in my late thirties!

Tears of joy mind but same thing really!

Passion, man...without that there's no point !

Au contraire....I had at wee greet at the 98' Final.

I was in my late thirties!

Tears of joy mind but same thing really!

Passion, man...without that there's no point !

People can be happy without crying. People can be sad without crying.  I was raised that big boys don't cry. Crying is like peeing you pants - it is a loss of control over bodily functions.

People can be happy without crying. People can be sad without crying. I was raised that big boys don't cry. Crying is like peeing you pants - it is a loss of control over bodily functions.

Have to say I don't agree with this. I've cried a good few times over Hearts, it can be an awfy emotional business this football. Usually for good reasons but once or twice for bad ones: when Hartley left and a few days before a CVA meeting when I was in the car on the way to Glasgow for a gig and it suddenly hit me that we might not have a club anymore. If I had been a fully fledged fan in 1986 it probably would've made me cry. I think I cried a bit in 1998 and then in 2012 but that was probably the j?ger talking. I wouldn't be losing it over a run of bad results though.

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with a man crying at all.

People can be happy without crying. People can be sad without crying. I was raised that big boys don't cry. Crying is like peeing you pants - it is a loss of control over bodily functions.

You'll be conspicuous when we win the League.....standing there tutting while we are roaring and greeting at the final whistle....you unfeeling b*****d !

What are 'our' feelings? Last I looked at the poll 65% on here want to give Cathro time. That's what's happening. Seems that's 'our' feelings.What are yours?

Give hime time..... really??

Meanwhile we lose 1.5 million in lost season ticket sales & league placing lol

We can't afford to extend the risk & have nothing to lose as we are in decline.

Waken up lad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye.

Rinse and repeat every few months of after Hears draw or get beat from a " lower" league team.

Do you honestly, seriously truly think that this current predicament is as simple / nonsensical as

'Sack everyone cos we drew or got beat from a lower team'??

Seriously? That's your analysis of the 4 wins in 19 or whatever it is?

Theres a darned site more to it than that and you know it fine well.

Bazzas right boot

Yip.

You'll be conspicuous when we win the League.....standing there tutting while we are roaring and greeting at the final whistle....you unfeeling b*****d !

och dry your eyes you big baby...

Have to say I don't agree with this. I've cried a good few times over Hearts, it can be an awfy emotional business this football. Usually for good reasons but once or twice for bad ones: when Hartley left and a few days before a CVA meeting when I was in the car on the way to Glasgow for a gig and it suddenly hit me that we might not have a club anymore. If I had been a fully fledged fan in 1986 it probably would've made me cry. I think I cried a bit in 1998 and then in 2012 but that was probably the j?ger talking. I wouldn't be losing it over a run of bad results though.

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with a man crying at all.

Hmmn I find it amusing. We all agree that our players are weak and need to man-up but those who are noisiest about it literally cry about football...

Give hime time..... really??

Meanwhile we lose 1.5 million in lost season ticket sales & league placing lol

We can't afford to extend the risk & have nothing to lose as we are in decline.

Waken up lad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you honestly think 5,000 fewer season tickets next season if Cathro is still here? Think it's you that needs to waken up. Or do the maths before you type.

och dry your eyes you big baby...

.....and when the players come back out the tunnel after securing the League, we'll break into a rendition of " It's my party and i'll cry if I want to".

:baby:

Hmmn I find it amusing. We all agree that our players are weak and need to man-up but those who are noisiest about it literally cry about football...

Of course, but sometimes events can be overwhelming. Without emotion it's not half as fascinating, and without emotion you wouldn't go to the lengths our fans did to save the club either.

Our players aren't putting in the effort and commitment expected as professionals, that's why people are angry I think. Not because they are/aren't bursting into tears or something. That said, I wouldn't mind if they did weep, at least then we'd know they actually cared in some way. :laugh:

Some sort of proportionate response from both players and some fans would be great, basically.

I also used to enjoy kickback, now full of bitter roasters with the patience of 3 year old children.

I think I will take a wee break from the twisted bitterness that starts up on so many posts and they all follow up like little lambs, pathetic.

Well said. At the height of administration I looked here before any papers for updates. It was where I found out we'd been saved. The coverage of Rangers meltdown on here was also better and more insightful than the media's.

JKB is now a trollfest. I refuse to believe most of the people spouting stuff about Levein, Budge and before them Neilson are Hearts fans.

Think its about pies sticking to trays as well

Thats my biggest complaint. Happened again at Perth on Wednesday.

Archived