Happy Birthday your Majesty.

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Just watching the Trooping of the colours on BBC the now.

Is there any better a sight than the Queen trooping the colours?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say What Again

_41513622_hart3ley300.jpg

;)

Didn't know it was on. TV turned on now.

chester copperpot

Didn't know it was on. TV turned on now.

One more then back to the Queen. ;)adamtn.jpg

Drew Busby !

I'll bite.

MOD EDIT

We could go on forever, I am sitting watching my wee boy watching spongebob and I feel that is a far better sight, in fact I think most things I will see today will give me more happiness than the tropping of the colours

winston churchill

:welldone:

winston churchill
We could go on forever, I am sitting watching my wee boy watching spongebob and I feel that is a far better sight, in fact I think most things I will see today will give me more happiness than the tropping of the colours

snap.

talking of spongebob,whats gary the snail that sounds like a cat all about:confused:

snap.

talking of spongebob,whats gary the snail that sounds like a cat all about:confused:

It is one strange programme, I have always wondered what age Spongebob is!!!

The Old Tolbooth
I'll bite.

MOD EDIT

Agreed!

What a complete waste of taxpayers money, the only place I troop when it's my birthday is down the pub, and the only person it costs any money to is myself.

Selfish old boot!

It is one strange programme, I have always wondered what age Spongebob is!!!

Sometimes episodes are on at like 11pm on mtv or something.

Is it the exact same show as the kids get!?

I'll bite.

MOD EDIT

Aww **** it...

**** the, fascist bigoted inbred unwanted medieval, monarchy!

slashishere

yup!

doner%20kebab.gif

chester copperpot
Aww **** it...

**** the, fascist bigoted inbred unwanted medieval, monarchy!

Its the Queen's birthday, not Prince Philip's. ;)

coppercrutch

Nice to see the usual lack of respect. Our brave soldiers are stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan watching this on TV. Thouroughly enjoying the event. This event is as much for their benefit as for the Queen.

But hey if the usual narrow minded JKB brigade would like to think otherwise that is fine.

Oh and on cue they have just started with the Scots Guards and 'Heighland Laddie'.

MOD EDIT No relevance to us lot at all eh..............

Nice to see the usual lack of respect. Our brave soldiers are stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan watching this on TV. Thouroughly enjoying the event. This event is as much for their benefit as for the Queen.

But hey if the usual narrow minded JKB brigade would like to think otherwise that is fine.

Oh and on cue they have just started with the Scots Guards and 'Heighland Laddie'.

Aye FTQ. No relevance to us lot at all eh..............

How so???? what benefit do these guys get from this????

coppercrutch

A distraction from being shot at maybe...........:rolleyes:

chester copperpot

.....No relevance to us lot at all eh..............

Totally agree CC. Not everyone who likes this sort of thing is a Rangers supporting protestant. I love this sort of thing, and makes me proud to be British.

chester copperpot

Dear oh dear, some of these guys at the trooping are about to be posted to Afghanistan Need I go on? :confused:

Dear oh dear, some of these guys at the trooping are about to be posted to Afghanistan Need I go on? :confused:

You need to see read what I was was quoting again

"Our brave soldiers are stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan watching this on TV. Thouroughly enjoying the event. This event is as much for their benefit as for the Queen"

coppercrutch
Totally agree CC. Not everyone who likes this sort of thing is a Rangers supporting protestant. I love this sort of thing, and makes me proud to be British.

Indeed. I hate Rangers and I have never been near a Protestant Church !!

And yes, whilst this country is going down the pan in so many ways - at least these guys give us some pride.

pegasus-badge.jpg

Say What Again

The guy who trooped the colour's brother is watching in Iraq.

You think he'd rather be standing at some check point in the road wondering if the next car is going to blow him and his mates to bits? :rolleyes:

coppercrutch
You need to see read what I was was quoting again

"Our brave soldiers are stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan watching this on TV. Thouroughly enjoying the event. This event is as much for their benefit as for the Queen"

What are you talking about ?

Were they on duty abroad in Iraq/Afghanistan - YES

Were they watching this on TV - YES

Were they enjoying it - YES

Have they taken part in it themselves before - YES.

What is your point..................:wacko:

grumpyjambo

MOD EDITNo relevance to us lot at all eh..............

No one forced them to go. Mod EDIT

Say What Again
Not everyone who likes this sort of thing is a Rangers supporting protestant.

Spot on.

I was brought up on stories of the war and the army from my great uncle and my grandad.

My uncle was immensely proud of his time in the army (he was in the army before the war broke out) and used to take me as a kid to various parades, remembrance day and the Royal Scots museum amongst other things.

I used to live in the Royal Mile and loved hanging out the window watching the pipe bands and brass bands march to the palace when the Queen was in residence.

I have no leanings towards Rangers and am indifferent to the royal family (in my first post on this thread I said I didn't even know this was on TV today).

I simply enjoy the trooping of the colour and the like as a spectacle.

chester copperpot
No one forced them to go. .....

What a fantastic argument. You should take up debating professionally. :rolleyes:

coppercrutch
No one forced them to go. .....

I think you will find it is their 'duty' to go...:rolleyes:

Next time you have a meeting at your work just tell them you aren't going coz you don't feel like it......

See how that goes down.

It amazes me how many posters on JKB live in some parallel universe. They certainly don't live in the real World anyway. :wacko:

Say What Again

Sadly this thread will more than likely soon deteriorate and no doubt be closed.

slashishere
Sadly this thread will more than likely soon deteriorate and no doubt be closed.

Dont think there is anything sad about this thread closing its been all about trolling from the start.

The good thing about the Queen's birthday is that it's another year Chaz and his harpe have been kept off the throne ;-)

Hopefully by the time she kicks it Scotland will have the option to remove itself from the sovereignty of the crown or Chaz will have realised the only way to save the monarchy is to hand the crown direct to William.

Not a monarchist at all but I respect the woman, she's done her job for 50 odd years, and done it well.

Can't be arsed watching the show but the troops should have more like this, they put their arses on the line in unjustified wars for meagre pay with shoddy supplies and zero support from the government. Brown should hang his head in shame, disgrace that he is.

Ps - vote SNP, bring back the Scottish regiments :-)

Indeed. I hate Rangers and I have never been near a Protestant Church !!

And yes, whilst this country is going down the pan in so many ways - at least these guys give us some pride.

pegasus-badge.jpg

Spot on. I'm not a huge fan of the monarchy, but as far as I'm concerned today is all about our armed forces - thier day in the limelight. And they have earned it.

coppercrutch
Dont think there is anything sad about this thread closing its been all about trolling from the start.

So wishing someone a happy birthday is trolling now ?

You have got to love this place.

'Trolling' is the equivalent of 'breach of the peace' for the Police...

What are you talking about ?

Were they on duty abroad in Iraq/Afghanistan - YES

Were they watching this on TV - YES

Were they enjoying it - YES

Have they taken part in it themselves before - YES.

What is your point..................:wacko:

Did they benefit from it???

This is what I am asking

coppercrutch

This is what I am asking

I am not a soldier in Afghanistan so I can't answer that personally. They seemed to be enjoying it though. One of them was delighted to see his brother on the tv.

So yes I would imagine it has benefited them. Public pride in the job they do. A job that gets precious little respect from the majority of our population.

This is what I am asking

Definitely Lou. You must see how much of a morale boost it must be for these guys in warzones all over the world watching their colleagues put on a show to viewers all over the world.

For one day only our armed forces have the spotlight well and truly on them for putting on a show, not because another has been killed in action.

Guys sitting in a tent in some warzone will want to do well at their jobs and earn a spot in this show in the future - arguably the pinacle of their career - a great honour.

...I love this sort of thing, and makes me proud to be British.

Celebrating the birthday of Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderberg-Gl?cksburg-Saxe-Coburg-Gotha makes you proud to be British? :confused:

;)

chester copperpot
Celebrating the birthday of Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderberg-Gl?cksburg-Saxe-Coburg-Gotha makes you proud to be British? :confused:

;)

Well when you put it like that. :laugh:

FWIW Slash, I aint no troll, I am however very proud to be British. And I'm not protestant either, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Jam Tarts 1874

Can't stand the inherited power, influence and nepotism. I'd bin the monarchy, lets have the UK Republic.

Do members of the armed forces really go and kill people because they love the Queen? Seems like a very strange and outdated thing to do.

coppercrutch

You know what I find interesting.

When it comes to accusations of not being 'British' it seems the Royal Family are fair game. The fact they are born here and 3rd or 4th generation doesn't seem to matter.

However if I was to come on here and say similar things about Mr Singh from Lasswade the accusations of racism would be flowing like a torrent.....

Also you can say MOD EDIT but if you say the same thing about a religious leader you get banned.

Double standards to the extreme....

Toxteth O'Grady
You know what I find interesting.

When it comes to accusations of not being 'British' it seems the Royal Family are fair game. The fact they are born here and 3rd or 4th generation doesn't seem to matter.

However if I was to come on here and say similar things about Mr Singh from Lasswade the accusations of racism would be flowing like a torrent.....

Also you can say ..... but if you say the same thing about a religious leader you get banned.

Double standards to the extreme....

That is an interesting point.

What if you don't single out one particular religious leader and just say F the lot of them?

...When it comes to accusations of not being 'British' it seems the Royal Family are fair game. The fact they are born here and 3rd or 4th generation doesn't seem to matter.

However if I was to come on here and say similar things about Mr Singh from Lasswade the accusations of racism would be flowing like a torrent...

How much taxpayers money does it cost us to host Mr Singh's birthday?

;)

Toxteth O'Grady

;)

Happy Birthday Mr Sing:band2:

coppercrutch
That is an interesting point.

What if you don't single out one particular religious leader and just say F the lot of them?

I believe that is allowed. These are not written rules though so hard to tell !!

coppercrutch

;)

Depends if he works or not. If he is on benefits it may cost us quite a lot. ;)

PS. Nothing against Mr Singh just using him as an example. I am sure he is a fine upstanding chap !!

chester copperpot

;)

Does Mr Singh pay any taxes though? ;)

Personally, i couldn't care either way about the trooping of the colour.

But on the point of the benefits to those serving in the armed forces, IMO (bearing in mind i'm not and never have been one of them) i would imagine the majority of our soldiers watching this in Iraq or Afghanistan would much prefer that the taxpayers money thats been been spent on hosting this was being spent on proper equipment and that they didn't have to buy their own kit or scrounge equipment from the yanks.

chester copperpot
Personally, i couldn't care either way about the trooping of the colour.

But on the point of the benefits to those serving in the armed forces, IMO (bearing in mind i'm not and never have been one of them) i would imagine the majority of our soldiers watching this in Iraq or Afghanistan would much prefer that the taxpayers money thats been been spent on hosting this was being spent on proper equipment and that they didn't have to buy their own kit or scrounge equipment from the yanks.

Thats another issue mate, one far deeper than the trooping of the colours. I get your point though.

Does Mr Singh pay any taxes though? ;)

Odds are its about 50% of what he's actually due.

Anyway....................

God bless the British Armed Forces. Each and every single one of them.

The Royal Family can feck right off though.

Archived